Secure Eternal Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Another wonderful passage! Somehow we need to understand the warning passages in light of ones such as these. These warning become misconstrued, introducing doubt where it doesn't belong, moving us from Spirit to flesh, attempting to make it all happen for ourselves. And in that way lies failure.

I give unto them eternal life, and they shall not perish. Believe, and receive!

:)

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in two truths. Positional truth and expriential truth. Positionally we are already seen as perfect, and experientially god is cutting the old habits away and replacing them with new Godly ones and Jesus will complete that good work.
I'd sooner call this a spiritual reality and a temporal reality. We are recreated righteous and holy, and that's what we are, in the celetial realm. While in the material realm, we still function through our bodies, which are corrupted by sin.

And so the pruning and discipling is how God is training us to live the new way, even though there seems such a pull to live the old way.

Much love!

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="BreadOfLife, post: 1160548, member: 7345"]Wrong.
Ignoring the truth doesn't make it ANY less true . . .

In post #8 - I gave you ample Scriptural evidence to the contrary - which you completely ignored in favor of your man-made, 16th century invention. Until YOU can offer a Scriptural refutation of these verses - your entire argument circles the drain.

Furthermore, in virtually EVERY instance - verses regarding salvation are CONDITIONAL on the faith and the endurance of that faith of the believer.[/QUOTE]
Oh my, there are two.

Please provide book, chapter, verse, where Jesus tells us those who are sealed by the holy spirit will be unsealed under certain conditions, or when/if certain conditions are not met.

Thanks.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is biblical!

Colossians 3:3-4
King James Version

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Ephesians 2:8-10
King James Version

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Romans 10:9-13
King James Version

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Ephesians 2:5-7
King James Version

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:28-39
King James Version

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 10:28-29
King James Version

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 3:36
King James Version

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Colossians 1:13
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Philippians 1:6
King James Version

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 10:14
King James Version

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Hebrews 13:5, KJV
King James Version

5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

There are many others as well.

Your verses you cite are all about our experience and receiving the consequences of sin in this life. what you and so many others who falsely believe one can lose their salvation fail in is that you reject the fact the sin does not sned a person to hell! Jesus died for all the sins of the world! So bad deeds do not send one ot hell.

Also you have to conclude that Jesus did not die for all your sins if you can lose your salvation, which is sheer foolishness!

also you forget that when one receives Christ by faith- the old man is killed and the new man is born which is being fashioned into the image of Jesus!

We live in two truths. Positional truth and expriential truth. Positionally we are already seen as perfect, and experientially god is cutting the old habits away and replacing them with new Godly ones and Jesus will complete that good work.

YOu call OSAS a man made theory, well believing one can lose their salvation comes direct from the pit of hell.
Your position of FULL of hole . . .

First of all – you present a couple of verses that speak to those who “believe” in Christ being saved 0- completely ignoring the CONDITION that Christ himself placed on this:

Matt. 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

The verses I presented are ALL about salvation and how it CAN be lost by our own doing.
As I stated before – just ignoring those verses and blowing them off as “irrelevant” doesn’t make them ANY less true. For every verse you present – I can and have presented a verse that gives CONDITIONS for salvation.

As to your nonsense about living in “two truths – positional and experiential”BOTH Rom. 11:22 and Heb.10:26-27 warn BORN AGAIN Christians who have an Epignosis (full, experiential knowledge) of Christ falling back into sin and LOSING their security – yet YOU reject this truth.

Here is a list of PROTESTANT linguistic and Scripture scholars on the word “Epignosis” and its ramifications. . .

Richard Chenevix Trench
“In comparing epignosis with gnosis, the “epi” must be regarded as an intensive use of a preposition that gives the compound word a greater strength than the simple word alone possesses” (Synonyms of the New Testament, page 300).

Quoting Culverwell, he writes, “Epignosis and gnosis differ. Epignosis is the complete comprehension after the first knowledge (gnosin) of a matter. It is bringing me better acquainted with a thing I knew before; a more exact viewing of an object that I saw before afar off. That little portion of knowledge which we had here shall be much improved, our eye shall be raised to see the things more strongly and clearly” (Synonyms of the New Testament, page 300).

He goes on to say on the same page, “All Paul’s uses of epignosis justify and bear out this distinction. This same intensive use of epignosis is confirmed by similar passages in the New Testament and in the Septuagint. It also was recognized by the Greek fathers. Thus Chrysostom stated: ‘You knew (egnote), but it is necessary to know thoroughly (epignonai).”

J.B. Lightfoot
“The compound epignosis is an advance upon gnosis, denoting a larger and more thorough knowledge...Hence also epignosis is used especially of the knowledge of God and of Christ, as being the perfection of knowledge” (St. Paul’s Epistles to the Colossians and Philemon, page 138).

Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words
“epignosis, akin to A, No. 3, denotes "exact or full knowledge, discernment, recognition,"

The New Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon (page 237):
1. Precise and correct knowledge
2. Knowledge of things ethical and divine
3. Of God, especially knowledge of His holy will and of the blessings which He has bestowed and constantly bestows on men through Christ
4. Of Christ, i.e., the true knowledge of Christ’s nature, dignity, benefits
5. Of God and Christ, i.e., to keep the knowledge of the one true God which has illumined the soul

Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament
, volume 2, page 25:
1. Knowledge as recognition of the will of God that is effective in the conduct of the one who knows God
2. Christian faith

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, there are two.

Please provide book, chapter, verse, where Jesus tells us those who are sealed by the holy spirit will be unsealed under certain conditions, or when/if certain conditions are not met.Thanks.
Rpm. 10:9, KJV
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Matt. 7:21, KJV
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Sounds pretty CLEAR to me . . .
Here's another one:

John 15:1-6
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. IF A MAN REMAINS IN ME and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned."

There you go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, there are two.

Please provide book, chapter, verse, where Jesus tells us those who are sealed by the holy spirit will be unsealed under certain conditions, or when/if certain conditions are not met.Thanks.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Here's another one:

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. IF A MAN REMAINS IN ME and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned."

There you go.[/QUOTE]

clearly you dont understand what a false convert is.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 10:9 Thou shall be saved ?
Many think it means that they are Saved ? Saved from that point on. No ! They are not Saved at that point but are in the process of being saved ? Well if they keep on track with saying and have faith, then the day may come that you may be truly born again.

I would say that when I was only a water baptised Christian with faith in Jesus Christ but I could not as the Bible points out, eat meat, but only milk, I was putting my faith in people who taught me about the Bible and I had faith in them.

But when I was born again, then I knew Jesus Christ personal relationship with him. now that's a big difference !
It is only when one is truly born again that you can not be snatched out of his hand, because you are truly his Israel, that means that you serve Jesus Christ and are of the Kingdom of God and you do reject this world as Jesus pointed out.

Now in the Bible only two men were mentioned as being an Israel. Jacob by an Angel and Nathaniel by Jesus Christ. now they were worthy of the fact, for a reason. if only Christians truly knew why they would understand, but most do not have a clue, because the Priest will not bring such up ! and why is that ! well the churches are more interested in serving their Church and the church is a Business first and foremost in fact sadly.

If one ponders why the Churches have failed, it's because they did not have Christ Jesus leading the way in their lives.
The Churches have been failing for many years and proof is in the pudding, where are the numbers ?

Jesus Christ never fails ! but people do all through history when they turn their backs on God, there is 4000 years of that history and never once did works of man cut the mustard but lead to untold misery and hopelessness. not to mention that's were the World is heading nowadays, as the Deceptions and Delusions of this world are greater now than ever.

Reactions: robert derrick

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, there are two.

Here's another one:

There you go.[/QUOTE]
No.
Here you go
Romans 11:29for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Acts 2:38-39 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

2 Corinthians 1:22

John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It also says that Jesus did not pay the penalty for all of a believers sins. Just most of of them or some of them if one wishes to believ eth e lie that slavation can be lost!
Salvation is not lost by sinning.
Salvation is lost by ceasing to trust in Christ.
Sinning will surely be the result of such a decision, but it is the unbelief itself that separates one from Christ. Like when the Galatians became severed from Christ for no longer believing that justification is exclusively by faith apart from works:

"You who are trying to be justified by the law have been severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace." Galatians 5:4

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
clearly you dont understand what a false convert is.
And clearly, YOU don't understand Biblical language.
Allow me to educate you - again.

As I showed you before and proved to you using Protestant scholarship back in post #25 - you cannot have an "Epihnosis" of Christ and be a "false convert".
Epignosis is defined as a full, experiential and relational knowledge - not unlike that of a spouse.

The usual words for "knowledge" (oida or gnosis) are NOT used here in Rom. 11:22 and Heb. 10:26-27.
THESE are the people that Jesus is talking about in John 15:1-6.

OSAS is a false, man-made doctrine that employs a deceptive manipulation of Scripture. Unfortunately for those of you who adhere to this nonsense - there are plenty of us who understand what the Scriptures actually say . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
Here you go
Romans 11:29for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Acts 2:38-39 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

2 Corinthians 1:22

John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
And now, we're back to post #8, where I laud out a Scriptural refutation of this man-made OSAS nonsense - and which YOU completely ignored (Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Tim. 4:1, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).

As I keep telling you - ignoring the truth doesn't make it "go away".
And these verses show CONDITIONS for salvation that require our cooperation and endurance of faith.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

Matt. 24:13
"He who endures to the end will be saved"

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now, we're back to post #8, where I laud out a Scriptural refutation of this man-made OSAS nonsense - and which YOU completely ignored (Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Tim. 4:1, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).

As I keep telling you - ignoring the truth doesn't make it "go away".
And these verses show CONDITIONS for salvation that require our cooperation and endurance of faith.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

Matt. 24:13
"He who endures to the end will be saved"
Matthew 24 is an assurance for the indwelt elect saints. That no matter the trials and travails, God's got our back. Even if this world martyrs us, we are at the end of this journey, eternally sealed and saved.
Endures, being the operative word.

If it was meant as your church teaches, it would have been a different application.
Like, remains faithful, etc...
It doesn't say that because God said it all in his good news message.

Eternal Salvation.
God is not a man that he should lie.
Salvation , Faith, are a free irrevocable gift by God's grace.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is biblical!

Colossians 3:3-4
King James Version

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Ephesians 2:8-10
King James Version

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Romans 10:9-13
King James Version

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Ephesians 2:5-7
King James Version

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:28-39
King James Version

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 10:28-29
King James Version

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 3:36
King James Version

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Colossians 1:13
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Philippians 1:6
King James Version

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 10:14
King James Version

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Hebrews 13:5
King James Version

5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

There are many others as well.

Your verses you cite are all about our experience and receiving the consequences of sin in this life. what you and so many others who falsely believe one can lose their salvation fail in is that you reject the fact the sin does not sned a person to hell! Jesus died for all the sins of the world! So bad deeds do not send one ot hell.

Also you have to conclude that Jesus did not die for all your sins if you can lose your salvation, which is sheer foolishness!

also you forget that when one receives Christ by faith- the old man is killed and the new man is born which is being fashioned into the image of Jesus!

YOu call OSAS a man made theory, well believing one can lose their salvation comes direct from the pit of hell.
A friend awhile back called OSAS, Once Sealed Always Sealed. And yes, it is biblical.

And the doubt about that is of Satan, the enemy if truth

The Romans church denies OSAS because their members are to have faith in the church for their salvation.

I ask my Catholic friends, would you say you're Christian?
Each one answered , no, I'm Catholic.

Very disturbing if you think about it.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is not lost by sinning.
Salvation is lost by ceasing to trust in Christ.
Sinning will surely be the result of such a decision, but it is the unbelief itself that separates one from Christ. Like when the Galatians became severed from Christ for no longer believing that justification is exclusively by faith apart from works:

"You who are trying to be justified by the law have been severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace." Galatians 5:4
Truth. One only needs to read Revelations chapters 2 and 3 to see God's message to the Churches. OSAS falls apart.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it's not that severe of a contention, lol.
Yes it is.

Knowing the certainty of our salvation is the faith that leads us to live the right life, and you would take that from people.

And to offer in it's place, "You'd better keep performing!"

So yes, it's a serious contention.

And of those who attack the pure faith of God's children . . . well, I don't think it's going to be pretty.

Much love!

Reactions: Pythagorean12

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a simple truth rejected by so many.

Much love!
Everybody who believes in their heart and confesses with their mouth is saved.
The question is, are they going to remain saved to the day they die.
That is where the disagreement is.
I mean, for us Protestants. Because I understand that Catholics do not think that faith without reward of works is sufficient to make a person righteous, as it did for Abraham, our example of justification. They insist that faith plus the performance of work, particularly baptism and a Passover observance, is what makes you righteous in God's sight.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowing the certainty of our salvation is the faith that leads us to live the right life
The argument in this discussion is the certainty of God's salvation is what is to lead you to continued believing. That's what the Bible says.

"14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess." Hebrews 4:14
If you want to believe that continued believing is a given, I'm fine with that. But don't go saying we don't have to continue to believe in order to be saved.

Reactions: TEXBOW