Secure Eternal Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

Not by works of righteousness which we have done

If it is grace it is no longer of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Saved BY GRACE through FAITH not of works lest anyone should boast

These are pauls words.

You either deny paul said them. or you claim paul lied

there are no other options

refers to redemption not justification

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see what?

Justified is a legal term, amazingly the same word is translated justify or righteous depending on how it is used.

We are justified (declaired) righteous based on the cross. Not based on what we do

Those who are justified have been saved from the penalty of sin. It is they who will spend eternity in heaven.

there is no salvation apart from justification

no one who is justified is not saved.

yes you can be justified and lost

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith ~

Caution.
It is one thing to NOT Believe Scripture.
It is entirely another thing to PREACH AGAINST Scripture.

You should study and learn the Depth of Consequences between:
“Rejecting” the Word of God AND “Preaching Against” the Word of God.
The latter is much worse than the former.

scripture yes as interpreted by the apostles in holy church yes

scripture alone never! Acts 2:42

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!! Cant stand the heat. RC Sproul was a presbyterian, 5 pt calvinist just as i am. And he mic dropped the absolute truth on yall catholics.

man of pride

only Christ has authority to found the church not calvin
Tradition of men

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!! Cant stand the heat. RC Sproul was a presbyterian, 5 pt calvinist just as i am. And he mic dropped the absolute truth on yall catholics.

Truth is revealed by Christ (Jude 1:3) and proposed for our belief ( Matt 28:19) by holy mother church (gal 4:26)

AND CANNOT BE REFORMED

to think it can is blasphemy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I can be justified but not saved?
I got this from a Catholic source:
The concepts of salvation and justification refer to the same work that God does within us, but each emphasizes different aspects.

The gracious action of God which frees us from sin and communicates “the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ” (Rom. 3:22). Justification is not only the remission of sins but also the sanctification and renewal of the interior man (Glossary, Justification).

In light of these two definitions, we can say that the Catholic understanding of salvation (rescued from sin and its eternal consequences) involves justification (right relationship with God and renewed within) and that justification involves salvation.

I don't see how you can claim that one doesn't go together with the other.

culminates in salvation!

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!
I don't see how you get that from these verses. A person of real faith will continue. If he ceases to believe he won't. That doesn't refute faith alone.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't ignored anything. You are trying to connect the Catholic Church with the bad Jews of the time. You give no evidence. Just wild airhead assertions.

I haven't ignored anything. Provide some kind of scholarly evidence (a link will do) that connects the CC with evil Jews. Then the readers might take you seriously. Forum flatulence has never nourished anyone.
What is the main root of my argument? It's not me that changes the topic with almost every post.
Actually all I have done is show two groups who use the same argument as a means to destroy that argument as a means of proving who is right or wrong

I do not have to provide scholarly proof. All I have to do is show that they both use the same arguments,

You can ignore it all you want. You won’g convince me to follow your church by using history as proof your church is right.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
You did not prove me wrong

And justification is by faith. Not water baptism. You continuing to try to o earn your salvation by the work f water baptism will be rejected by God

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see how you get that from these verses. A person of real faith will continue. If he ceases to believe he won't. That doesn't refute faith alone.
Endure imply’s patience and suffering
Faith hope and charity and prayer fasting alms practice of virtues and sacraments

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture yes as interpreted by the apostles in holy church yes

scripture alone never! Acts 2:42

Nothing new to hear some opposed to Scripture, while referencing off point Scripture. :rolleyes:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have looked into all the verses. Literally none of them claim baptism saves. Nothing prideful about belief that Jesus alone saves. Believing that I can do some work to save myself however...
Yup - Jesus alone save - and He applies that salvation in BAPTISM (John 3:5, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38, 2 Pet. 3:21).