Seed of Abraham

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Is not Christ the seed(plural)of Abraham?
Is He not the seed from the first prophecy of scripture?

If you follow scripture the answer to both questions should be yes!!!

Galatians 3:16 "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, "And to seeds, as many; but as of one, "And to thy Seed," Which is Christ."

God did not give up Israel for the sake of the rest of the peoples and nations, but He allowed all others the same opportunity as Israel, to be saved and well blessed through Christ.

I say this to say Israel has always been the Church,and please don't give me that replacement crap,If you think differently can you please tell me who is the seed of Abraham?

Is it not the Church,whom is Israel

Prove me wrong with scripture and not your man made doctrines

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
First, no crap. second, God did not give up anybody, the Church is not Israel, and Israle is not the church. #1. the the church is not NATURAL, for Jesus the christ is not Natural, but Spiritual. and the church is Christ Body which make it spiritual.

knowing this, there are two seed(s). Natural (seeds) and Spiritual (seed, meaning one). the natural must become unatural. and the church is unatural, (meaning spiritual). the flesh profiteth nothing. both Jews and Gentiles must come the same way, by "DEATH" .... meaning "Baptism. for this corruption ... the Natural/flesh must put on incorruption .. Spiritual. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:42 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1 Corinthians 15:43 "It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power".

as of now, in this GRACE period in the church, (which is spiritual), there is neither Greeks nor Jews, no males nor females, supportive scripture,
Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise".

well Galatians 3:29 just put an end to any natural Israel as the chosen on anything. and that's not crap, that's the Holy Scriptures speaking, and speaking the truth.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said...I am the vine, you are the branches. If the root is holy so are the branches.

Being grafted into Christ makes us true Israel...Israel according to the Spirit by the will of God.

Reactions: Davy and 101G

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Davidic Line and the Covenants:

Soon after the nations had been dispersed at Babel, God entered into a Covenant with Abram, for the purpose of blessing the world through him and his descendants, who we know are only people of faith; Jew and Gentile. Galatians 3:26-29

This covenant, known as the Abrahamic Covenant unconditionally promises three things to the Lord’s people: land / seed or descendants / and blessings. These three promises are amplified in further covenants that God made with the original, natural descendants.

The Land, all that area from the Nile to the Euphrates, has never been fully occupied solely by any cohesive group as yet.

This seed aspect of the Abrahamic Covenant’s promises is later amplified in what is known as the Davidic Covenant. After God rejected Saul, God selected David from among Jesse’s sons, leading to David’s anointing as the nation’s second king.

In time, God entered into a covenant with David, promising that through David’s lineage would come an eternal house, throne, and kingdom.

The Gospels confirm Jesus Christ as the unique Davidic descendant who will one day rule the world from Jerusalem.

While the Abrahamic and Davidic Covenants are unconditional, the Mosaic Covenant is conditional; Exodus 19-23 Thus, any given generation within Israel must meet the conditions of the Mosaic Covenant in order to experience the blessings promised in the Abrahamic and Davidic Covenants. They must enthrone the king of God’s own choosing, Deuteronomy 17:15, thereby satisfying the condition of obedience found in the Mosaic Covenant.

First-century Israel failed to enthrone Jesus, so they lost the covenantal blessings. Such a rejection not only led to first-century Israel’s failure to gain the Kingdom blessings, but also to a long interim age when the Davidic kingdom would be kept hidden. Luke 19:11-27

During this time of postponement, the ascended Christ has been elevated to the Father’s right hand. Acts 2:33-34; Psalms 110:1 In this position of glory, Jesus continues His ministry spiritually, in which He functions as priest and our Comforter. Matthew 28:20

Many years elapsed between David’s anointing as king and when David actually began to reign after Saul’s death. In the same way, Christ has been anointed at His Ascension as the one who will ultimately fulfill the Davidic Covenant. However, He will not begin to actually rule as Davidic king until the nations are made His footstool and Satan has finally been deposed at the inauguration of the Messiah’s earthly kingdom.

Revelation 3:21 He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Those trusting in Christ will be rewarded (future tense) by joining Him in His earthly reign, Revelation 5:10a, just as Christ overcame and sat down (past tense) on His Father’s heavenly throne. Nowhere is it said that we humans go to live in heaven.

During the future glorious one-thousand year era, everything that was promised in the Abrahamic and Davidic Covenants will find a literal fulfilment when Christ will rule the world from Jerusalem. This earthly kingdom will then merge into the Eternal State, fulfilling the Davidic Covenant’s eternal requirement. 1 Corinthians 15:24

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Prove me wrong with scripture and not your man made doctrines
And will you believe and embrace those Scriptures after you have been proved wrong? Or will you argue for your false position till the cows come home?