Seed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of ‘dragons’ LXX says ‘sirens’.

...maybe. I think :)
That's right. LXX is the abbreviation for the Septuagint. :)

I mentioned it because their association with sea is more evident than dragons, though there are a few verses that associate dragons with sea.

As for their symbolic significance, sirens and fish in general are the passions related to the pleasures of the body, gluttony, fornication and the like. The beasts of the earth with the love of riches and those vices that spring from it, hardness of heart, murder etc. Finally, birds of the air are the passions that have their source and are related to vanity and pride. These are the three categories of sins that Christ was tempted with and the three excuses/passions that prompted some to reject Christ's invitation to the marriage feast.

Maybe those peculiar dietary laws and distinctions between clean and unclean animals make more sense now, the spirit behind the letter and all that?

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
What does Jeremiah 31:27 mean when God says : “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.”

let's see clearly who the House of Israel and the House of Judah are.

Isa 5:1 Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill:
Isa 5:2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.
Isa 5:3 And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.
Isa 5:4 What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?
Isa 5:5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:
Isa 5:6 And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.
Isa 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.
Isa 5:8 Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!
(NOW READ MATTHEWS 21:33-36)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...let's see clearly who the House of Israel and the House of Judah are...(NOW READ MATTHEW 21:33-36)
You are right, in a prophetic/historic sense that is what those houses stand for. At the same time, they represent types of people based on their spiritual condition. The latter meaning is what I was focusing on in my first post, since it applies to us and therefore of more use than the historic significance.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right, in a prophetic/historic sense that is what those houses stand for. At the same time, they represent types of people based on their spiritual condition. The latter meaning is what I was focusing on in my first post, since it applies to us and therefore of more use than the historic significance.
I agree, and also I been watching your posts, they are on the money. so I'll definitely be watching what you post in the future.

be blessed.

Reactions: icxn

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

let's see clearly who the House of Israel and the House of Judah are.

Isa 5:1 Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill:
Isa 5:2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.
Isa 5:3 And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.
Isa 5:4 What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?
Isa 5:5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:
Isa 5:6 And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.
Isa 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.
Isa 5:8 Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!
(NOW READ MATTHEWS 21:33-36)

Yes. Thank you. But I am still camped out at Hosea 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

I’m sorry. This verse is so important because it shows us clearly how God works: To convert enemies(foes)... into friends.

1 John 4:10
[10] Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Romans 5:6-8
[6] For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. [7] For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. [8] But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Psalm 47:3-4
[3] He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet. [4] He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.

Romans 16:20
[20] And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. (God bruises Satan under our feet by converting our enemies ...into friends.)(overcome evil with good)

Psalm 2:8
[8] Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

If the heathen and uttermost parts of the earth are for Christ...all is “subdued”.

Now Hosea: Hosea 2:18
[18] And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

“I will make a covenant for them” (on their behalf, for their good) for ‘them’ (Abraham, Jacob, David...) I will make a covenant with (the heathen/ that which is unclean yet made clean by the blood of the New Covenant). Peter’s vision of the sheet lowered with that which was common made clean. God said He will make this covenant and break the bow (weapon) and set up HIS bow in the cloud(The Son of Peace)(Genesis 9:14-15). God destroys sword(weapon) and sets up HIS Sword(the Word)...and God said He will break the battle(weapon)...so THAT HIS people will lie down in peace...”I will make them to lie down safely.” (The wolf also shall dwell with the Lamb...). Why does the Lamb dwell with the wolf? Because the wolf is no more a threat. Consider: Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Micah 4:3
[3] And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Proverbs 16:7
[7] When a man's ways please the Lord , he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte and farouk

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I am still camped out at Hosea 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
thanks for the reply. you got it,
Hos 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

to be at peace with them. just as Job said, Job 5:23. a sure and firm covenant, a much better covenant. and this covenant shall reach all people, even the beast of the field, and the fowl of the air and creeping things on the ground which are symbolism for many types of people and walks of life. supportive scripture,
Rom 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes. Thank you. But I am still camped out at Hosea 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

I’m sorry. This verse is so important because it shows us clearly how God works: To convert enemies(foes)... into friends.

1 John 4:10
[10] Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Romans 5:6-8
[6] For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. [7] For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. [8] But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Psalm 47:3-4
[3] He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet. [4] He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.

Romans 16:20
[20] And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. (God bruises Satan under our feet by converting our enemies ...into friends.)(overcome evil with good)

Psalm 2:8
[8] Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

If the heathen and uttermost parts of the earth are for Christ...all is “subdued”.

Now Hosea: Hosea 2:18
[18] And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

“I will make a covenant for them” (on their behalf, for their good) for ‘them’ (Abraham, Jacob, David...) I will make a covenant with (the heathen/ that which is unclean yet made clean by the blood of the New Covenant). Peter’s vision of the sheet lowered with that which was common made clean. God said He will make this covenant and break the bow (weapon) and set up HIS bow in the cloud(The Son of Peace)(Genesis 9:14-15). God destroys sword(weapon) and sets up HIS Sword(the Word)...and God said He will break the battle(weapon)...so THAT HIS people will lie down in peace...”I will make them to lie down safely.” (The wolf also shall dwell with the Lamb...). Why does the Lamb dwell with the wolf? Because the wolf is no more a threat. Consider: Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

[3] And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Proverbs 16:7
[7] When a man's ways please the Lord , he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
Great verses there!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

God's covenant with Abraham was that He would show Abraham and His Descendants an "earth" that they were to go to but because Abraham's descendants made the sign covenant of the possession of land, which was a confirmation promise that they would receive the whole earth, as told in Gen 15, their inheritance from God, instead of understanding that they would inherit the whole earth if they would only worship God in truth and love in relationship with Him, which is the basis of the "mountain of Israel", i.e. the theological mystery of the "religion" of God, they entered into idolatrous worship of the land which was far short of the promises of God, and as such God caused them to be scattered throughout the earth so that they could become his Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His possession among the Nations, after four ages from when Isaac, the starting point or seed of the nation, was born.

We too, tend to focus of the "land" which is pointless when our inheritance through being grafted onto the stump of Jesse, is the whole earth under the heavens.

In Ezekiel 34:13 God's promise is that He will gather all of Israel and Judah to himself, where they are scattered through the whole earth, and plant them in a fertile soil, to be nurtured on the things of God such that they will become a blessing for all of the nations of the whole earth, where God will find them in the earth when He gathers them to Himself, beside the rivers and byways in all of the earth.

When God gathers all of Israel to Himself, after the fulness in time of the heathen gentiles trampling the Sanctuary of God for 2,300 years, He will save them and set out once more the terms and the conditions of their salvation. At that time, they will come to realise that the foundation stone of their existence, the promised seed of Abraham, is leading a heavenly army against the nations drawn to Armageddon to be judged in battle, and they will seek His terms of peace. (Luke 14:31-32). The reason that the nations have come up to fight against Jerusalem is that the descendants of Abraham belief that they can rebuild a new temple in Jerusalem in an attempt to connect with the God of their fathers and the nations do not want that to happen.

It is at this time, that the God of heaven, will establish His Everlasting Kingdom here on the earth and will give dominion to the Son of Man, i.e. Jesus, that all should worship Him as well as the Kingdom.

For us, our responsibility is to believe in Him who God has already sent to receive our salvation through Him.

We all need to look with fresh eyes at what the scrip[tures contain so that we can come to understand God's purposes for us now.

Shalom

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The promise was made before anyone was a Jew or Gentile.
Gen 3:15 "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel".

God said, "SEED" not seeds. and this was reiterate to Abraham.
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. (not natural descendants), but those who "BELIEVE"
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

so the Children of the Flesh is not the Children of God. supportive scripture,
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are talking about actual domestic animals.

But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come. For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown: And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded: And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD. (Ezek 36:8-11)

Yes. What he means in v.27 is stated more clearly in v.24:

23 For thus saith the Lord; They shall yet speak this word in the land of Judah, and in the cities thereof, when I shall turn his captivity; blessed be the Lord on His righteous holy mountain! 24 And there shall be dwellers in the cities of Judah, and in all his land, together with the husbandman, and the shepherd shall go forth with the flock... 27 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and the seed of beast.

He was prophesying through Jeremiah that He would multiply both humanity and domesticated flocks in the land again when they were returned from captivity in Babylon.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. What he means in v.27 is stated more clearly in v.24:

23 For thus saith the Lord; They shall yet speak this word in the land of Judah, and in the cities thereof, when I shall turn his captivity; blessed be the Lord on His righteous holy mountain! 24 And there shall be dwellers in the cities of Judah, and in all his land, together with the husbandman, and the shepherd shall go forth with the flock... 27 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and the seed of beast.

He was prophesying through Jeremiah that He would multiply both humanity and domesticated flocks in the land again when they were returned from captivity in Babylon.

So, if I understand you correctly...you are saying God sows the house of Israel and the house of Judah ...with the seed of actual domesticated animals?

Jeremiah 31:27
[27] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if I understand you correctly...you are saying God sows the house of Israel and the house of Judah ...with the seed of actual domesticated animals?

Jeremiah 31:27
[27] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

Yes, Ma'am. Spiritualizing the expression doesn't fit the context, because Jeremiah alludes to what he is saying quite literally in Jeremiah 31:24 and again in Jeremiah 36:8-11. The focus in this section of Jeremiah is about how God will repopulate the land of Israel after they return from Babylonian captivity.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Ma'am. Spiritualizing the expression doesn't fit the context, because Jeremiah alludes to what he is saying quite literally in Jeremiah 31:24 and again in Jeremiah 36:8-11. The focus in this section of Jeremiah is about how God will repopulate the land of Israel after they return from Babylonian captivity.

John 6:61-63
[61] When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? [62] What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? [63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

What is the seed of beast sown in the house of Israel and the house of Judah?

What beasts of the field did God make a covenant with for their sake? With domestic animals? Hosea 2:18

Why did man only eat the herb until after the Ark when man is then told to eat meat. In preparing for Christ: John 6:55-56 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Leviticus 26:22
[22] I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good grief. It simply means that God would provide abundant flocks of domestic animals to redeemed and restored Israel after the Second Coming of Christ. God would bless the land and make it fruitful.
The focus in this section of Jeremiah is about how God will repopulate the land of Israel after they return from Babylonian captivity.
Not after the Babylonian captivity but after the Second Coming of Christ, when Israel will be redeemed and restored. That is when there will be a RIGHTEOUS AND HOLY mountain in Israel (a reference to Mt Zion).

I'm not suggesting you believe this, but unless people reject Replacement Theology, they will never understand large sections of the prophetic books which point to the Millennium and beyond.

D

Dave L

What does Jeremiah 31:27 mean when God says : “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.”

I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah ...with the seed of beast?

What beast?

The verse in context: Jeremiah 31:27-33
[27] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast. [28] And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the Lord . [29] In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. [30] But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge. [31] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord : [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord , I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
I wil multiplie, and enriche them wíth people and cattel.

Geneva Bible: Notes. (1560). (Vol. 1, p. 320). Geneva: Rovland Hall.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then shall he give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal; and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous: in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures. The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan.

“Then shall he give the rain of thy seed,” the rain of whose seed?

“...in that day...” of Christ’s seed...

“...which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan.”

Joel 2:21-24
[21] Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the Lord will do great things. [22] Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, (of Christ) for the (spiritual)tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine (His Vine)do yield their strength. [23] Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month . [24] And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.

Christ is the one who ‘winnows’ which purges his floor. The beast eat ‘clean’ provender which Christ purged because Christ ‘whose fan is in his hand’ will throughly purge his floor and will gather the wheat into His garner. It was for domestic animals. It is for peace so that His will lie down in peace with those sent against them. Luke 3:17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief. It simply means that God would provide abundant flocks of domestic animals to redeemed and restored Israel after the Second Coming of Christ.

‘abundant flocks’ WHY are we(His people) inheriting beast? Are we going to eat them? Then there will be no peace but beast will still fear man and man will still pursue beast to kill, when God says there will be no more hurt in the Land. Why does God tell the beast of the field to be not afraid?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Herds. Folds. Flocks. An inheritance. They are a parable. Job was restored in the latter end more than the beginning. Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. ...it is NOT earthly possessions(domestic animals) but Kingdom spiritual increase....Life.

2 Samuel 12:1-8
[1] And the Lord sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor. [2] The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds: [3] But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter. [4] And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him. [5] And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the Lord liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die: [6] And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity. [7] And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul; [8] And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

Reactions: Dave L

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
‘abundant flocks’ WHY are we(His people) inheriting beast? Are we going to eat them? Then there will be no peace but beast will still fear man and man will still pursue beast to kill, when God says there will be no more hurt in the Land. Why does God tell the beast of the field to be not afraid?
These prophecies are NOT about the Church but about redeemed and restored Israel in the land of greater Israel AFTER the Second Coming of Christ. Joel 2:21-29 is about Israel after it is redeemed and restored.

But you are trying to spiritualize prophecies and change their meaning, and that will simply lead to confusion. These prophecies have nothing to do with the Church, whose eternal home is the New Jerusalem.

"The beasts of the field" (also called "the beasts of the earth") are wild animals as opposed to "cattle" (domestic animals). We are talking about domestic animals.

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Gen 1:25)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These prophecies are NOT about the Church but about redeemed and restored Israel in the land of greater Israel AFTER the Second Coming of Christ. Joel 2:21-29 is about Israel after it is redeemed and restored.

But you are trying to spiritualize prophecies and change their meaning, and that will simply lead to confusion. These prophecies have nothing to do with the Church, whose eternal home is the New Jerusalem.

"The beasts of the field" (also called "the beasts of the earth") are wild animals as opposed to "cattle" (domestic animals). We are talking about domestic animals.

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Gen 1:25)

Bring a sword and divide the body then?