Seed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see your reluctance and I have had the same reluctance myself. Even last night I was asking Him because it makes no sense. But He says that which was against us now works in our favour. It is a promise. For instance the sword(weapon) of Goliath was placed in David’s hand and the very thing used to cut off his enemy’s head.
Where do you think Hitler came up with Jews were to go into the fiery furnace? Literally He attributed a horrible act to God when ‘literally’ is not what God meant at all.
Not your average locust. Revelation 9:7-8 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. [8] And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

Well, I think I understand a little better where you are trying to go, and the scriptures do certainly advocate going the extra mile, overcoming evil with good, etc. It's just that I see you advocating here for the reinterpretation of end-time prophecy (if I understand you correctly), to say that things like the Beast of Revelations and the locusts of Revelation 9:7-8 are Gentiles we should view will somehow be converted rather than destroyed, yes?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I think I understand a little better where you are trying to go, and the scriptures do certainly advocate going the extra mile, overcoming evil with good, etc. It's just that I see you advocating here for the reinterpretation of end-time prophecy (if I understand you correctly), to say that things like the Beast of Revelations and the locusts of Revelation 9:7-8 are Gentiles we should view will somehow be converted rather than destroyed, yes?

Leviticus 26:16
[16] I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Isaiah 10:22-23
[22] For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness. [23] For the Lord God of hosts shall make a consumption, even determined, in the midst of all the land.

Isaiah 28:22
[22] Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord God of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

I’m suggesting God takes what was meant for destruction and quiets the roar of the sea. (Job 41:1-34) what does it say to you? Job 41:11 Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leviticus 26:16
[16] I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Isaiah 10:22-23
[22] For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness. [23] For the Lord God of hosts shall make a consumption, even determined, in the midst of all the land.

Isaiah 28:22
[22] Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord God of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

I’m suggesting God takes what was meant for destruction and quiets the roar of the sea. (Job 41:1-34) what does it say to you? Job 41:11 Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine.

I've read this post through like 10 times now, and you'll have to forgive me but for the life of me I honestly can't make any sense out of it. Part of the problem may be that I am a firm believer in the strict analysis of verses in their context, and you never hold still long enough for us to do that, LoL. This presents me with four more passages from three different books, with the inference that they relate to a position you haven't really made clear to me yet, despite this post.

I would ask what the words "God takes what was meant for destruction and quiets the roar of the sea" mean specifically in relation to the Beast of Revelations, but I was already confused to begin with and this post just makes me even more confused, so I fear that the answer I get won't help me understand any better.

Anyway, not trying to disparage you here, but unless we were to get down to word-for-word, brass tacks on exactly what every word in each passage means, both literally and spiritually, before moving on, I think we're a bit like a couple kids swinging at a pinata with blindfolds on.

Maybe the problem is mostly with me, so I think I'll just sit this one out.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read this post through like 10 times now, and you'll have to forgive me but for the life of me I honestly can't make any sense out of it. Part of the problem may be that I am a firm believer in the strict analysis of verses in their context, and you never hold still long enough for us to do that, LoL. This presents me with four more passages from three different books, with the inference that they relate to a position you haven't really made clear to me yet, despite this post.

I would ask what the words "God takes what was meant for destruction and quiets the roar of the sea" mean specifically in relation to the Beast of Revelations, but I was already confused to begin with and this post just makes me even more confused, so I fear that the answer I get won't help me understand any better.

Anyway, not trying to disparage you here, but unless we were to get down to word-for-word, brass tacks on exactly what every word in each passage means, both literally and spiritually, before moving on, I think we're a bit like a couple kids swinging at a pinata with blindfolds on.

Swinging at a piñata blindfolded. Hahaha. I’m sorry. I know I can be overwhelming.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not really. VIJ continues to take totally unrelated verses from here and there and strings them together as though they are related. That simply leads to confusion instead of clarity.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's how the Renaissance scholars and the Reformers did Bible study: word studies with meaning in context...'historical-grammatical interpretation'. :)

I don’t even know what that means though. ‘historical-grammatical interpretation’...sounds complicated.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One day they may actually just ask God "hey God what does this all mean". But i aint holding my breath....

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 31:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will plant the kingdoms of Israel and Judah with the offspring of people and of animals.

Read the whole chapter. It is talking about when God restores Israel. When he puts the new covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel in place.

At that time he will prosper the nation.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SEED ~

Everything created; begins with a SEED.

An Idea, a sperm, a nut...call it what it is, for what it will PRODUCE.

Plant the SEED, in a specific PLACE...;
The mind,
The dry land,
The womb,
The heart,

And wait and see what DEVELOPS "and" IS PRODUCED.

The Original SEED barer... Thee Lord God.
And to Every SEED, from Thee Lord God, is Produced, it's OWN BODY.

Gen 1:11
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

1 Cor 15:35
[35] But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
[36] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
[37] And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
[38] But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

THE SEED ~
On a NATURAL Earth...

Grain producing, Fruit producing, Herb producing, Mankind producing, Mans Mind producing....

ALL SEEDS (actual SEEDS) themselves MUST DIE, (open a seed, open a nut, it is now dead and used to produce) the BODY of the THING, to BE Produced.

And ALL BODIES themselves MUST DIE, BEFORE they can "RECEIVE ANOTHER SEED", that PRODUCES/ RESULTS IN EVERLASTING LIFE".

The Everlasting SEED, "IS" Gods Seed, "IS" Spiritual, "IS" Called "Christ".

Gal 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Remember....the Promises were GIVEN Abraham and his descendants....WHO, became and maintained faith in God through obedience to the law.

Remember...."THEIR" Promises were fulfilled, when they met, PHYSICAL bodily death.
And they thereafter, are called Saints.

Remember..."Mary", a faithful virgin woman, in Abrahams genealogical line, chosen to receive the Everlasting Life giving, True Spiritual SEED of God IN HER WOMB, to reveal ... JESUS, the Son of God, the Christ, thee Lord God in the Flesh, Thee Everlasting SEED of God...to the World.

Remember the GREAT GIFT of Jesus' OFFERING, for MEN to Receive HIS SEED, BEFORE PHYSICAL DEATH, by means of A SPIRITUAL Crucifixion Death, "with Christ Jesus"?

Jesus IS FIRST in all things.
Particular OT men of great faith, received the "PROMISE" of Gods SEED, for everlasting LIFE. "DID THEY" receive fulfillment of the promise, AFTER Jesus' crucifixion? Yes.

(Matt 8:[11] And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.}

THAT Promise was fulfilled, WHEN Jesus offered HIS Body upon the Cross, for those particular OT men.

THAT SEED Offering "OF GODS SEED" was given, TO ALL MEN, AFTER Jesus' Body was crucified, THAT ANY MAN, could "CHOOSE" to receive, WHILE STILL alive in "HIS" natural bodily life.

Mankinds SEEDS, stock/sperm planted, ideas planted, not good, and wicked seeds and deceptions, shall ALL wither away and be burned.

A MYSTERY of GOD.

A man Still ALIVE in "HIS" natural body, WHILE being Spiritually accounted, according TO GOD....such man "SPIRITUALLY DEAD, and Forever SPIRITUALLY ALIVE" at the same time.

A ONCE and FOREVER SEALED fate, for such a man who Accepts the Lords Offering, to become Converted "IN" Christ the Lord Jesus, and Spiritually Receive Gods forever Indwelling SEED of Forever Life.

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, becausehe is born of God.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 31:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will plant the kingdoms of Israel and Judah with the offspring of people and of animals.

Read the whole chapter. It is talking about when God restores Israel. When he puts the new covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel in place.

At that time he will prosper the nation.

It is ‘beast’ not animals.
Jeremiah 31 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Zechariah 9:9-12
[9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. [10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth. [11] As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water. [12] Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee;

Literal ‘pit’ or spiritual ‘pit’? What else comes from the pit? Where is this pit?
Luke 14:3-6 And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day? [4] And they held their peace. And he took him , and healed him, and let him go; [5] And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day? [6] And they could not answer him again to these things.

1 Corinthians 15:31-32
[31] I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. [32] If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Revelation 22:2
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Meat for the nations:“...and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life,” ‘on either side’ ...Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord , that he might be glorified.

ALL SEEDS (actual SEEDS) themselves MUST DIE, (open a seed, open a nut, it is now dead and used to produce) the BODY of the THING, to BE Produced.

When HIS fruit covers the face of the earth, HIS vine...it is not literal fruit that is in sight but ‘spiritual fruit’ which is the LORDS.

‘Will produce after its own kind’ ...I sure hope not because all I sowed and reaped after was the seed of my earthly father ...which was sin upon sin. But now having a new Father (God)...new seed which is Christ: that which only produced sin is able to produce new fruit.

No one has clarified yet(maybe you can)...what seed do “domestic animals” sow in the house of Israel and the house of Judah? Is it word or ideas or prosperity or sperm? What of these beastly inheritance will remain through Fire?
Acts 10:11-15
[11] And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: [12] Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [13] And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. [14] But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. [15] And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Acts 10:27-28
[27] And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together. [28] And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Mankinds SEEDS, stock/sperm planted, ideas planted, not good, and wicked seeds and deceptions, shall ALL wither away and be burned.

“...shall all wither away and be burned.” Thank God for a heavenly inheritance that will never wither or perish!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is ‘beast’ not animals.
Jeremiah 31 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Zechariah 9:9-12
[9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. [10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth. [11] As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water. [12] Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee;

Literal ‘pit’ or spiritual ‘pit’? What else comes from the pit? Where is this pit?
Luke 14:3-6 And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day? [4] And they held their peace. And he took him , and healed him, and let him go; [5] And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day? [6] And they could not answer him again to these things.

1 Corinthians 15:31-32
[31] I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. [32] If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

I copied and pasted the verse directly. It says animal.

Here's the meaning of the Hebrew word used.

The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number: 0929 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
hmhb from an unused root (probably meaning to be mute)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
B@hemah TWOT - 208a
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
be-hay-maw' Noun Feminine
Definition
  1. beast, cattle, animal
    1. beasts (coll of all animals)
    1. cattle, livestock (of domestic animals)
    2. wild beasts

Zechariah 9:9-12 New International Version (NIV)
The Coming of Zion’s King
9 Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion!
Shout, Daughter Jerusalem!
See, your king comes to you,
righteous and victorious,
lowly and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
10 I will take away the chariots from Ephraim
and the warhorses from Jerusalem,
and the battle bow will be broken.
He will proclaim peace to the nations.
His rule will extend from sea to sea
and from the Rivera]">[a] to the ends of the earth.
11 As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you,
I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.
12 Return to your fortress, you prisoners of hope;
even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you.

What does waterless pit mean? I think it means the old practice of using dry wells, dry pits and similar as prisons.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:2
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Meat for the nations:“...and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life,” ‘on either side’ ...Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord , that he might be glorified.

When HIS fruit covers the face of the earth, HIS vine...it is not literal fruit that is in sight but ‘spiritual fruit’ which is the LORDS.

‘Will produce after its own kind’ ...I sure hope not because all I sowed and reaped after was the seed of my earthly father ...which was sin upon sin. But now having a new Father (God)...new seed which is Christ: that which only produced sin is able to produce new fruit.

No one has clarified yet(maybe you can)...what seed do “domestic animals” sow in the house of Israel and the house of Judah? Is it word or ideas or prosperity or sperm? What of these beastly inheritance will remain through Fire?
Acts 10:11-15
[11] And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: [12] Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [13] And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. [14] But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. [15] And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Acts 10:27-28
[27] And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together. [28] And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

You did comprehend "natural seeds" die.
Gods Seed is forever?

“...shall all wither away and be burned.” Thank God for a heavenly inheritance that will never wither or perish!

"All" is out of context without acknowledging, the "ALL" is inclusive of not good, wicked, deceptive, corrupt.

Yes, thank God for His SEED, that is eternal.

Animals have Gods breath of life, however they have no knowledge of sin, responsible for sin, or sin attributed to them.

Glory to God,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...No one has clarified yet (...) what seed do “domestic animals” sow* in the house of Israel and the house of Judah? Is it word or ideas or prosperity or sperm? What of these beastly inheritance will remain through Fire?
If you are looking for a direct quote from scripture that differentiates the two kinds of teachings (if we take seed to mean word or teaching), then 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 comes to mind:

1 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready, 3 for you are still of the flesh. For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way?

So milk is the seed appropriate for beasts (people of the flesh) and not the solid food (seed of/for man) of spiritual people.

_________
* Isn't the Lord that does the sowing? "27 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will sow the house of Israel...