Selling out to the Man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened. When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money, telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’ If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.” So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:11-15‬ ‭NIV‬‬

What do you think about this report by Matthew, when he had written his account and shared it with others in that day in age, many people believed that someone came in an stole the body of Christ, all because of these Chief Priest, and Elders desired for a lie to believed that the body was stolen and Jesus didn’t rise again?

Is this a picture and a type of selling out to the Man?

What are your thoughts on this?

May the spirit guide,

Thank you ahead of time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It kind of reminds me of signs seen on some the roadside that say “Jesus rose again, and He is coming back”, when you read in scripture that Jesus was going to return in a generation (40 years), but some how the things in revelation that where written to seven literal churches about things that were quickly to come to pass is expressed as though we live in those times today…

A lot of confusion comes from Man, so the only best choice we do have is to read and seek what the Bible does say, and also check periods of history that lead up the the destruction of 70 Ad which some of the early church fathers believed was the significance of Jesus having returned with Judgement and having had taken his bride (144,000) in that day in age. Which all material religion was done away with, and the spiritual kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem was established.

(* note I don’t have a problem if they still believe Jesus is coming back that is between them and God - I personally choose to just believe Jesus and his apostles and what they said to those people at that time over what men or others may say)

Anyway this was just a side note to the main topic at hand noted in the first post.

Did these chief priest and elders sell themselves out so that no trouble would come to their profits? In which they could continue to play material church and make the church a den of thieves where Jesus desired for it to be a church of prayer?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
MatthewG you have become lost in Satan's Preterist's lie.

Abraham was told that he would be the father of many descendants, but that will only going to be realised many thousands of years later. He taught his sons what God would be doing in the future and it was up to his sons to hold fast to what he had taught many generations before.

God had foretold that the iniquities of the fathers would be visited upon the fathers' children and the children's children during the third and the fourth age of their existence. God had also told them that Israel will be His Kingdom of Priests, a Holy nation and His possession among the nations, and God has had to wait for four ages after the birth of Isaac, before they would be redeemed, and for this covenant to be agreed to once more after around three and a half ages have past. If God can be this patient with us, then why cannot we also be patient with God?

May the Lord melt away your stubborn heart so that you can truly see his plan for the redemption of many souls when the time comes for us all to present ourselves before Christ to be Judged. The outcome is in our ability to believe and to trust God for what He has said will happen.

The Preterist understanding is looking for answers in the past and Satan is very skilled in distorting the truth so as to appear to provide the answers as to when certain prophecies have occurred so that he can capture us in his snare based upon the precepts upon precepts that we have established to become snared in Satan's trap for our very souls.

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Jay, I do not believe Satan is still around anymore my man. Good to hear from you though.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any one else have any more thoughts about the Chief priest and the elders, paying off the Guards? To make a lie of Jesus body having been stolen?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Selling out to the man” is what the guards did. The alternative, even if they had seriously considered it, was death.

“Peace is not to be purchased by the sacrifice of truth.” - John Calvin

Well said.

I want to note here that agreeing with someone about something doesn’t require, or even imply, agreeing with someone about everything. That’s just common sense.

I agree with what Calvin says in this quote, and I can agree with him on other things that he said, but I don’t want anyone to walk away with the idea that I agree with Calvin’s theology.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry Jay, I do not believe Satan is still around anymore my man. Good to hear from you though.

I feel sorry for you Matthew in that you actually do not believe what is recorded in the scriptures as to when Satan is judged in heaven in our near future, imprisoned for 1,000 years and then released for a little while period before he is dispatched into the Bottomless pit for good. Why then are you trying to teach your miss guided beliefs to others. Are you a tranducer then?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jay Ross,

I am not sure why people worry about me being someone who believes Jesus came as promised… it’s really weird.

People warn others about me that I’m a heretic and not to be associated with because of being someone who believes and trust in Christ coming to do what he said to do, and that Satan had been defeated.

My hope is people can love despite them having a different opinion. I love you for being who you are and don’t feel sorry that you are to a person who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ who rose again from the dead by faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Selling out to the man” is what the guards did. The alternative, even if they had seriously considered it, was death.

“Peace is not to be purchased by the sacrifice of truth.” - John Calvin

Well said.

I want to note here that agreeing with someone about something doesn’t require, or even imply, agreeing with someone about everything. That’s just common sense.

I agree with what Calvin says in this quote, and I can agree with him on other things that he said, but I don’t want anyone to walk away with the idea that I agree with Calvin’s theology.

John Calvin was a very smart person, regardless of what he (or others created via his work) created, thank you for sharing and making the clarification clear, Matt. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Matthias

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why then are you trying to teach your miss guided beliefs to others.
MatthewG has been FLOODING this forum with his misguided beliefs. And they always seem to get high priority on the board. I trust no one is buying what he is selling.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are so many prophecies regarding the return of the “ son of man “ that yet to be fulfilled hence His return 2nd Coming is still future , not past .

Jesus will fulfill the role of Israel’s deliverer and King in His second coming. Zechariah 12:10 and Revelation 1:7, describing the second coming, look back to Jesus being pierced. Israel, and the whole world, will mourn for not having accepted the Messiah the first time He came.

After Jesus ascended into heaven, the angels declared to the apostles, “‘Men of Galilee,’ they said, ‘why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven’” (Acts 1:11). Zechariah 14:4 identifies the location of the second coming as the Mount of Olives. Matthew 24:30 declares, “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.” Titus 2:13 describes the second coming as a “glorious appearing.”

The second coming is spoken of in greatest detail in Revelation 19:11-16, “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. ‘He will rule them with an iron scepter.’ He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”got?

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued:

A careful look at Old Testament prophecies shows an underlying assumption of two advents. Micah 5:2 and Isaiah 7:14 predict the first advent. Separately, Isaiah 53:8–9 predicts a suffering and dying Messiah, who will be given life and greatness according to Isaiah 53:11–12. Daniel 9:26 describes the Messiah being killed after His appearance. At the same time, prophets such as Zechariah (Zechariah 12:10) say this same “pierced” Messiah will be seen again by His enemies. So the clues are there.

Many Old Testament prophecies foretell the ultimate triumph of Christ, which will occur at the second advent. These include statements from the books of Zechariah (Zechariah 9:14–15; 12:10–14; 13:1; 9:14–15); Amos (Amos 9:11–15); Jeremiah (Jeremiah 30:18; 32:44; 33:11, 26); and Joel (Joel 3:1); which describe the Messiah coming in triumph to lead Israel into salvation. Note that these are in the context of passages such as Deuteronomy 30:3–5 and so are predictions of the time of Messiah’s final victory.

Also, Scripture records Jesus making direct comparisons to Old Testament prophecies when making His own claims to a second advent. For example, His words in Matthew 24:31 and Mark 13:27 parallel the descriptions of Isaiah 52:15and Isaiah 59—62.

All in all, the Hebrew Scriptures indicate that the Promised One would appear, be cut off, and then reappear in victory. The first advent has occurred; the second is still future. Both the New and Old Testaments predict a second advent of the Messiah.got ?

Jesus’ imminent return should motivate the believer to live godly in an ungodly world. The word looking in Titus 2:13 is the key for that to happen. To be “looking” means that we live each day in continual anticipation and expectancy, with the conviction that Jesus could come at any time. That hope becomes a transforming reality in this life, resulting in God being glorified through us (1 Corinthians 10:31). The blessed hope brings us joy and cheers us through the trials of this world. It should also cause us to stop and evaluate our thinking, words, and actions.

hope this helps !!!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is gone? I'm sure Satan would be very happy if everyone believed that.

Revelation 12:9 (NKJV)
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world
; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha the Bible states it.

People just have a really hard time believing that Jesus came and got his bride and that the book of revelation was written to seven church’s about things that where fixing to happen quickly.

So whatever one believes is between them and God.

Many would read that verse you shared and believe it is talking about the whole world, but it would be the whole world in the sense of (that territory) otherwise the definition in Greek you would find Kosmos.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
earth, world.
Feminine participle present passive of oikeo (as noun, by implication, of ge); land, i.e. The (terrene part of the) globe; specially, the Roman empire -- earth, world.

see GREEK oikeo

see GREEK ge

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Accroding to Barna looks like a lot of Americans -- including MatthewG -- believe this. This is delusional thinking, and too many prefer delusions to reality.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch111

I believe that Satan has been taken care of because the Bible says so.

Most people though don’t believe that Jesus had returned yet, or they believe in a historical repeating of the revelation.

However it’s all about the Lord Jesus and did he come already or did he not?

Most say definitely no.

Just as much as people believe Satan is still running around. Though I just let them believe what they want because God gave us free will.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is always going to be an alternative view, and most with alternative views can only persecute or call others crazy.

May God bless those who oppose you, and remember we must love God and love others…

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation 12:9 (NKJV)
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world
; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Amen all the Apostle’s taught he was still around and evil in this world is living proof . But many exchange the truth for a lie .