Servant To One's Sorrow

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
renderTimingPixel.png

Jesus Christ is the Suffering Servant in Isaiah 53. Followers of Jesus may have been a Servant to One's Sorrow. What does it mean to be a Servant to One's Sorrow?
“The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.

5 “When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ 6If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you. 7Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house. (Luke 10:2-7)

Jesus sent his disciples out in twos with no purse or bag or sandals. Where would they eat? Where would they find shelter? They may have become servants to their sorrow. They know what they need to survive. Sleeping outside with an empty stomach may be rough. As a Servant to One's Sorrow, they had to lean on God.

A wealthy man may have a lot of material things. He leans on those material things? A spiritual man may have had to separate himself from the material, to be more of God. It is harder to pass a donkey through an eye of a needle than get a rich man into the Kingdom of Heaven. Part of that may be a letting go. A letting go in someone's heart of things material. A letting go of safety and comfort to be in a "No Man's Land" of Faith where someone has to have complete trust in God.

Jonah then left the city for a place to the east of it, where he built himself a hut and waited[d] under it in the shade, to see what would happen to the city. 6 Then the Lord God provided a gourd plant.[e] And when it grew up over Jonah’s head, giving shade that relieved him of any discomfort, Jonah was greatly delighted with the plant. 7 But the next morning at dawn God provided a worm that attacked the plant, so that it withered. 8 And when the sun arose, God provided a scorching east wind; and the sun beat upon Jonah’s head till he became faint. Then he wished for death, saying, “It is better for me to die than to live.”

9 But God said to Jonah, “Do you have a right to be angry over the gourd plant?” Jonah answered, “I have a right to be angry—angry enough to die.” 10 Then the Lord said, “You are concerned[f] over the gourd plant which cost you no effort and which you did not grow; it came up in one night and in one night it perished. 11 And should I not be concerned over the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand persons who cannot know their right hand from their left, not to mention all the animals?” (Jonah 4:5-11)

Jonah was a Servant to One's Sorrow. Being a Servant to One's Sorrow, God may have been communicating with Jonah through various stimuli. Jonah was capable of listening.

There may be some tribulations ahead. It is 4/12/2020. There are positive things that may come from it for those seeking God. To be in the type of intimate relationship with God the disciples were in is a blessing. There is no fear or doubt or depression. Someone could be homeless yet growing in relationship with God.

I was homeless in Summer 2014. I had been working for God full time since February. Being homeless, I was working for God still, online, on my iphone4. I was taking notes of things I was receiving from God, and listening. I started homelessness around June 1. By mid August I was in an apartment. This is my testimony. God built me back up.

This was written from a soul used to suffering. I do have a cool song to go along with this.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Could a man working construction or some other job, also be a Servant to One's Sorrow?

Yes.

In the context of growing in Faith with God, someone is starting over. The man who had been living hard, working hard, and living his life in an understanding of trials.....that man may be above the learning curve. (James 1:2-4) He needs to have a solid relationship with God.

I am a US Veteran. I had a deployment in Afghanistan. I lived hard. I received a calling around age 30. (Luke 3:23)