Seven Years of Tribulation,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words:"SAME THING, as that WRONGLY SUPPOSES to miss the latter half of Daniel's SYMBOLIC "one week" which is the time of the tribulation. "

That is only your opinion based on your interpretation of scripture. Mine is different and I back it up with scripture as it reads and it is just as valid a theory as yours. You're the one that's getting all bent out of shape because I "dare" to express an opinion that varies from your perceived truth and from your interpretation of scripture that fails to separate events in their proper order that I perceive to be the reality.

With that said, I apologize for getting a little hot-headed and perhaps wording some things more strongly than I should have. It really is OK to disagree. I'm just showing you how I see things differently and why. Relax, take a deep breath, call me a moron if you want, but please can we tone it down a notch as christian brethren.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Christ fulfilled the first half of the seventieth week of Daniel and in the mist of the week He was cut off.

26 "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

Our Messiah was cut off three and a half years after the sixty second week.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."

​The covenant that Christ confirmed for a "half week" will resume by His two witnesses who will take away Gods sacrifice to man. The whole supply of bread and the whole supply of water. Then because very few on earth who speak in the name of God have any faith they will begin taking part in the abomination of desolation. They will twist this scripture to secure their position with their followers.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

Because of this abomination they will begin sacrificing their sons and daughters to their own stomachs.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Christ fulfilled the first half of the seventieth week of Daniel and in the mist of the week He was cut off.

Daniel's final "one week" did NOT occur in conjunction with Christ's first coming, ministry, and crucifixion. Instead, when Messiah The Prince was crucified, that ended the 69th symbolic week of Daniel 9.

Dan 9:25-27
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
(KJV)

Period 1:
"seven sevens" = command to restore and build Jerusalem: symbolic of seven weeks of years from Dan.9:2 (49 years, from 454 B.C. according to "twentieth year of Artaxerxes" (means 'great king'); of Nehemiah 1:1, 2:1, identified as Astyages.)

Period 2:
"three score and two sevens" = 434 years; from 405 B.C. to 29 A.D. (year of cutting off of Messiah The Prince): 483 years from decree to restore Jerusalem. Messiah The Prince was to be cut off at the completion of this period per "after threescore and two weeks".

Period 3:
"one seven" = aligns with Daniel's visions from Daniel chapters 7 through 12. All the prophecy within the 70 weeks verse of Dan.9:24 has yet to be completed today.

All three periods = 494 years (70 sevens or "weeks" per KJV).

It's easy to know when a false idea from the Jews is being planted within the Dan.9 seventy weeks prophecy. They most often try to force a connection between final "one seven" as including the time of Christ's first coming and crucifixion.

They do that at the expense of disregarding the Daniel events about the end of this world from Dan.7 through Dan.12. Those latter day events within the final "one week" especially involve the end of the daily sacrifice by the "vile person" and setting up of the abomination idol instead (topic of Dan.9:27 final "one week" in relation to Dan.7:20-28; Dan.8:13; Dan.9:27; Dan.12:11; Matt.24:14; Mark 13:14).

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Daniel's final "one week" did NOT occur in conjunction with Christ's first coming, ministry, and crucifixion. Instead, when Messiah The Prince was crucified, that ended the 69th symbolic week of Daniel 9.

Not true! The sixty ninth week ended at the coming of the Messiah. The seventieth week was half spent by the messiahs ministry.

25 "Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; (69 weeks until Messiahs coming) The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.
26 "And after the sixty-two weeks (half a week after) Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined. (one half a week

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Not true! The sixty ninth week ended at the coming of the Messiah. The seventieth week was half spent by the messiahs ministry.

25 "Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; (69 weeks until Messiahs coming) The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.
26 "And after the sixty-two weeks (half a week after) Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined. (one half a week

Amen to that Son of Man!

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran wrote: " That part's true, there's two halves, two 1260 day periods with a division in the middle. It's the latter half that's about false messiah's reign though. " correct... The time of the false messiah occurs when the beast enterws the inner-sanctum but Satan emerges.. declares himself messiah. And so... thus begins the reign of the false messiah.. then he kills the two witnesses and they lay dead 3 1/2 days... then a tenth of the city falls and 7000 are slain... then he (the false messiah/Satan) has an image of the beast made and gives it life - ask yourself from where does he get this life? It is the life of the beast that had the wound...so how about he gets that life FROM the beast that had the wound!... Now why does that beast NEED a place...image...for his life? Because Satan took over his body... either at the time of the mortal wound or at the time of the Abomination of Desolation - this is a theory and a working model. Later I expect to continue claiming these things as fact.

Also concerning Armageddon you stated that these things happen at the time of Armageddon... not so and it is not stated as so anywhere in scripture... one must theorize to arrive at that but from the time of the Abomination of Desolation to Armageddon os 1,260 days. Personally, I do not have problems with people using theory as it is a way to attempt discovery.

======================================================================

Son of Man wrote:
" What is it that makes all of you rapture people different from the rest in Gods sight? "

Ok, sorry if you think I think it makes me different in God's sight... my understanding is pretty simple. There are allot of people in nursing homes that believed in God all their life but would easily succum to the Mark of the Beast because of medical reasons, weakness in understanding due to old age, alheimers, lack of awareness, bed ridden etc. Then to you have downs children that would not know any difference. People in a coma and oh so much more. I expect those saved the wrath of Tribulations through the Rapttre to be those that are ruled over by those that emerge victoriously through the wrath of Tribuloations and those that are beheaded for not taking the Beast's mark - Is this is not exactly reverse of your idea of those taken?

Veteran wrote: " Hate to burst your bubble, but our Lord Jesus specifically said the time would be shortened for His elect's sake (Matt.24; Mark 13). We can still use the 7 years timeline to study the events, but the literal time has been shortened per our Lord Jesus. "

So, Veteran according to your understanding the time increments of 1,260 days is wrong? Myself, I consider the 7 year period AS cut short... to 7 years - pretty simple! The woman gives birth and is taken to the wilderness for 1,260 days...then protected for a time and times and dividing of a time - another 1,260 days = 7 years. The woman arrives on the scene at the start of Tribulations and is when Satan is cast down unto the earth. My calendar depicted these events and in their order. I have a copywrite for that calendar and it was copywritten in 1993..

Attachments

• calendar.gif
    calendar.gif
    132.9 KB · Views: 0

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi som, Your words:"Not true! The sixty ninth week ended at the coming of the Messiah. The seventieth week was half spent by the messiahs ministry."

Many people misunderstand this. Christ's first coming wasn't timed by the beginning of His ministry but in fulfillment of the prophecy of Zech.9:9 - "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass."

This was at the end of His ministry, thus no part of the 70th week has occurred.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran allow me to express the understanding that I did not assign the trumps to prophecies but only the timeline of the prophecies. To me personally the trumps taking place were completely correct as God placed them and my instruction according to my writings were of the prophecy events ocurring on earth in physical form. This has a purpose, for it is to allow non-believers and fence walkers to understand and better choose their destiny. So my research involved this direction, for this purpose. I sincerely hope you understand.

Had my research been of a different nature, for say Christians wishing intense prophetic study then the trumps and vials and plagues would have been part of my research, but... and again... but ---- the fence walkers and the non-believers would have not been taught as a child and therefore the information would have been like feeding a new-born infant a poterhouse steak. And so, those I wrote these things for would have not been able to digest the information I explained. And had I done my work for the latter reason I would not be here to share and learn from and with others. I sincerely hope you understand.

And so, Included in some of my posts is a claendar of events. If you can prove any of the order s in error due to the trumps, please show that rooro to me. Within my work i hop to get back on the internet, is an "errors" page where I post any error that is proven wrong. Besides correction of my calendar the error would also be displayed there as well.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Notice you HAD to add that "(half a week after)" idea there. It's not there in my Bible.

Dan.9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Veteran wrote: " That part's true, there's two halves, two 1260 day periods with a division in the middle. It's the latter half that's about false messiah's reign though. " correct... The time of the false messiah occurs when the beast enterws the inner-sanctum but Satan emerges.. declares himself messiah. And so... thus begins the reign of the false messiah.. then he kills the two witnesses and they lay dead 3 1/2 days... then a tenth of the city falls and 7000 are slain... then he (the false messiah/Satan) has an image of the beast made and gives it life - ask yourself from where does he get this life? It is the life of the beast that had the wound...so how about he gets that life FROM the beast that had the wound!... Now why does that beast NEED a place...image...for his life? Because Satan took over his body... either at the time of the mortal wound or at the time of the Abomination of Desolation - this is a theory and a working model. Later I expect to continue claiming these things as fact.

Here's how I understand about that beast image part...

Rev 13:14-15
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Rev.13:3 tells us one of the beast's 7 heads suffers a deadly wound. Which 'beast' is that, for there's 2 separate beasts declared in Rev.13? It's the first beast, a kingdom beast with ten horns,ten crowns and seven heads which are seven mountains per Rev.17. We're not to forget that info about that first beast when reading the above verse. In Rev.19:20 there's more about that image which ties to the same order of idol image which Nebuchadnezzar had setup for all to bow in worship or be killed. Afterall, that verse above reveals that image is "made", i.e., with hands. So it's not directly pointing to a living person. It's pointing to a man-made type image that is being animated.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
(KJV)

Now that idea is new to prophecy, the idea of an "image" (statue) which is made that can both speak and cause those who refuse to worship it to be killed. Either that is all metaphor for the false messiah or its a literal man-made image idol that is animated. You choose. Personally, I don't think we will be certain of that part until it happens.

Also concerning Armageddon you stated that these things happen at the time of Armageddon... not so and it is not stated as so anywhere in scripture... one must theorize to arrive at that but from the time of the Abomination of Desolation to Armageddon os 1,260 days. Personally, I do not have problems with people using theory as it is a way to attempt discovery.

No, I did not state those above events occur at the time of Armageddon. The battle of Armageddo is the LAST event of this present world, and it's timed with the day of Christ's second coming. The tribulation events, then Armageddon with Christ's coming, that's what is written. Just so happens that the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe period aligns with the time of Christ's coming and Armageddon, and that's possibly what you're not understanding. One of the ways to be certain when others are messing up on the timing of our Lord Jesus' second coming is when they get "the day of the Lord" event away from its timing with the battle of Armageddon. The Pre-Trib School gets it out of order, as does the Pre-Wrath school also, which should be immediate alarms to anyone who has actually studied the events to occur on "the day of the Lord" per both the OT prophets and the NT Apostles.

======================================================================

Son of Man wrote:
" What is it that makes all of you rapture people different from the rest in Gods sight? "

Ok, sorry if you think I think it makes me different in God's sight... my understanding is pretty simple. There are allot of people in nursing homes that believed in God all their life but would easily succum to the Mark of the Beast because of medical reasons, weakness in understanding due to old age, alheimers, lack of awareness, bed ridden etc. Then to you have downs children that would not know any difference. People in a coma and oh so much more. I expect those saved the wrath of Tribulations through the Rapttre to be those that are ruled over by those that emerge victoriously through the wrath of Tribuloations and those that are beheaded for not taking the Beast's mark - Is this is not exactly reverse of your idea of those taken?

Veteran wrote: " Hate to burst your bubble, but our Lord Jesus specifically said the time would be shortened for His elect's sake (Matt.24; Mark 13). We can still use the 7 years timeline to study the events, but the literal time has been shortened per our Lord Jesus. "

So, Veteran according to your understanding the time increments of 1,260 days is wrong? Myself, I consider the 7 year period AS cut short... to 7 years - pretty simple! The woman gives birth and is taken to the wilderness for 1,260 days...then protected for a time and times and dividing of a time - another 1,260 days = 7 years. The woman arrives on the scene at the start of Tribulations and is when Satan is cast down unto the earth. My calendar depicted these events and in their order. I have a copywrite for that calendar and it was copywritten in 1993..

No, I never said the time increments of 1260 days is wrong. I said we can still use the 7 years timeline to study the events, even though Christ said He shortened the time.

Well, which time period was our Lord Jesus talking about in the below verses about the time being shortened?

Matt 24:21-22
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
(KJV)

That's the latter half of Daniel's symbolic "one week", isn't it? Yes. So the actual time of great tribulation has been shortened by Christ for His elect's sake. And one should easily know that if His elect are here on earth to go through it, that means His Church.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Hi som, Your words:"Not true! The sixty ninth week ended at the coming of the Messiah. The seventieth week was half spent by the messiahs ministry."

Many people misunderstand this. Christ's first coming wasn't timed by the beginning of His ministry but in fulfillment of the prophecy of Zech.9:9 - "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass."

This was at the end of His ministry, thus no part of the 70th week has occurred.

Nonsense. Christs ministry started at His baptism by John the baptist.

A King is a King when He is Born. The scripture that we are referring to is the scripture about "Messiah". "The anointed one" is anointed by the most High God here.

16 And Jesus,when he was baptized , went up straightway out of the water: and, lo , the heavens were openedunto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying , This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased .

This is when he became the Messiah.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
And yet the Dan.9 Scripture is specific about the 62 weeks time period being completed when Messiah The Prince was "cut off"...

Dan 9:26
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, ... .
(KJV)

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
And yet the Dan.9 Scripture is specific about the 62 weeks time period being completed when Messiah The Prince was "cut off"...

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, ... .
(KJV)

Nothing has changed. It was after the seven weeks and threescore and two weeks (Which was the the coming of Messiah ) that he was cut off . Three and a half years after. Half of the seventieth week.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Pre-Trib School gets it out of order, as does the Pre-Wrath school also, which should be immediate alarms to anyone who has actually studied the events to occur on "the day of the Lord" per both the OT prophets and the NT Apostles."

The Day of the Lord starts well before Armageddon, at the first trumpet judgment. Immediately after the signs of the sixth seal, Rev.6:17 states "[sup] [/sup]For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" The phrase "is come" utilizes the aorist present/future tense meaning, it is about to come". The scriptures tells us that the seven trumpets are the wrath of the Lamb and the seven vials are the wrath of God and you honestly expect people to believe with all this death and destruction that it isn't even part of the day of the Lord??? The day of the Lord is a multi-themed, multi-year event expanding from the trumpet judgments through the end of the millennium. It is not nor has it ever meant a single 24 hr. day.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Nothing has changed. It was after the seven weeks and threescore and two weeks (Which was the the coming of Messiah ) that he was cut off . Three and a half years after. Half of the seventieth week.

That defies common sense, because His being cut off is specifically mentioned in conjunction with the 'threescore and two weeks" period in Dan.9:26. Mention of the final "one week" is not included in that Dan.9:26 verse at all.

So, for what you're saying to be true, the final "one week" WOULD have to be in that Dan.9:26 verse tied with that "threescore and two weeks". It is not there, and the KJV translators even placed a colon :)) after that period's statement, dividing the timeline subject flow, because why? Because right after that colon :)), the subject begins about the "people of the prince" that would come to destroy the city and the sanctuary, which were the Romans in 70 A.D.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
(KJV)

The part in bold is about Christ being crucified at the ending of that "threescore and two weeks" period, then the colon :)) to divide the next subject (underlined) about "the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary", which was about the Romans destroying Jerusalem and the 2nd temple. Notice that says "the people" of that next prince are the ones that did that. The Romans in 70 A.D. were NOT servants of Christ Jesus. They were NOT His people, for The Gospel had not been sent to the Romans yet at that time.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, veteran.

That defies common sense, because His being cut off is specifically mentioned in conjunction with the 'threescore and two weeks" period in Dan.9:26. Mention of the final "one week" is not included in that Dan.9:26 verse at all.

No, that only "defies common WESTERN sense." One must think like an Isra'eli to get this right. We like for everything to be reported in a nice, neat, little package of historically sequential events, but the Jewish thought pattern is to express more general points first and then go into the specifics. Sometimes, a chain of events is given that is more general than the details that are presented later. Then, the author will zero in on a particular, general point and expand upon the details. When he does this, some of the general points that happen AFTER the details will have already been mentioned before the details that happen prior to those general points.

It's not wrong; it's just the way they think! A case in point is Genesis 1:1.

Genesis 1:1
1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth.
KJV

The Hebrew words in Genesis 1:1 for "heaven(s)" and "earth" are "shaamayim" and "erets," respectively. So, in a general declaration at the beginning of the account, Mosheh (Moses) reported that "In the beginning God created the heaven(s) and the earth." These SAME words are then used in the later specifics:

Genesis 1:6-10
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven (Hebrew: shaamayim). And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth (Hebrew: erets); and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
KJV

The same sort of thing happens here in Dani'el 9. Verse 26 gives a more general view of the events to come, and verse 27 goes into more specific details. The key, when one recognizes it, is that the Messiah is still being talked about in verse 27 which would be BEFORE He is "cut off," as was mentioned in verse 26. Thus, Gavri'el was going back and focusing on the details that happened BEFORE the people of the prince would destroy the city and the sanctuary.

So, for what you're saying to be true, the final "one week" WOULD have to be in that Dan.9:26 verse tied with that "threescore and two weeks". It is not there, and the KJV translators even placed a colon ( :) after that period's statement, dividing the timeline subject flow, because why? Because right after that colon ( :), the subject begins about the "people of the prince" that would come to destroy the city and the sanctuary, which were the Romans in 70 A.D.

(KJV)

The part in bold is about Christ being crucified at the ending of that "threescore and two weeks" period, then the colon ( :) to divide the next subject (underlined) about "the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary", which was about the Romans destroying Jerusalem and the 2nd temple. Notice that says "the people" of that next prince are the ones that did that. The Romans in 70 A.D. were NOT servants of Christ Jesus. They were NOT His people, for The Gospel had not been sent to the Romans yet at that time.

The colon means next to nothing. It's not even there in the Hebrew. That is just the translator's interpretation of what he thinks was being said. Verse 27 continues with verbs for a masculine, singular subject that cannot be the "prince" because he is part of a prepositional phrase (or rather, a secondary noun of the Hebrew construct state), and therefore the verbs go back to the closest, masculine, singular noun prior to the verbs of verse 27, the "Messiah" of verse 26.

Shalom, Trekson.

"Son of man" is correct here. The first half of the seventieth week WAS half spent by the Messiah's "ministry." The problem is that the SECOND HALF of the seventieth week was POSTPONED, in keeping with the prophecy in Dani'el 9:27. Herein lies the TRUE "gap" which the pretribulational rapturists suppose was between the 69th and the 70th Sevens:

Daniel 9:27
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
KJV

Talking about the Messiah, HE shall confirm the covenant (the Davidic covenant) with many for one Seven, but in the middle of the Seven, HE shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease by SATISFYING the need for sacrifice and oblation with HIS Sacrifice. For the overspreading of abominations, namely the rejections of the Messiah, HE shall make it desolate (Matthew 23:38), EVEN UNTIL THE CONSUMMATION or THE END! This desolation has been going on for nearly 2,000 years! However, those who reject the Messiah of God, the One who is their RIGHTFUL KING, have yet to fulfill Psalm 118:26 (and Matthew 23:39)! It will not be "THE END" until they do! This is the "tribulation" that Yeshua` was talking about in the Olivet Discourse. It is a "tribulation" or a "PRESSURE" upon the Jewish people, His "elect" or His "chosen ones," the "chosen seed of Isra'el." This "tribulation" or "pressure," the Greek word "thlipsis," will be shortened, not in the duration of the period (it HAS been going on for nearly 2,000 years), but the YEARS of "tribulation" or "pressure" WITHIN the duration of the period have been shortened! It has not been a continual pressure that could have wiped out the Jews and Israelis had it been persistent!

The key here is to ask the question, "What are the purposes of the seventy Sevens?" and more specifically, "What is the purpose of the FINAL Seven?" Well, the six purposes of the seventy Sevens are...

Daniel 9:24
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
1. to finish the transgression, and
2. to make an end of sins, and
3. to make reconciliation for iniquity, and
4. to bring in everlasting righteousness, and
5. to seal up the vision and prophecy, and
6. to anoint the most Holy.
KJV

As one might guess, not all of these purposes have been fulfilled, yet. While Yeshua` has fulfilled some of them during His first advent, some of them won't be fulfilled until He fulfills the rest at His second advent. As a Messianic prophecy, then, the main purpose for these Sevens is to "usher in everlasting righteousness" in the person of the Messiah, who has already "made an end of sins" and "made reconciliation for iniquity." The "anointing of the most Holy" is talking about the Holy of Holies, the innermost room of the Temple. However, the "sealing up of the vision and prophecy" and "finishing the transgression" can only happen at the end. These have not yet been accomplished.

Furthermore, Zechariah 9:9 was NOT fulfilled at the end of His ministry! It is YET to be fulfilled!

Look at the verse again:

Zechariah 9:9
9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
KJV

The word "salvation" doesn't have anything to do with our modern interpretation of the word. It has to do with RESCUE or DELIVERANCE! While He did ride into Yerushalayim upon a donkey, a colt the foal of a donkey, He did NOT bring DELIVERANCE at that time! It was asked for in the Greek word "hosanna," a transliteration of the Hebrew phrase, "howshiy`aah naa'," meaning "PLEASE, rescue us, now!" It was predicted to be said in Psalm 118:25, but only the children and the disciples of Yeshua` said the words! The leaders of Y'hudah (Judah) did NOT say these words nor did they encourage anyone else to say them! Indeed, they demanded that Yeshua` REBUKE His disciples for saying them! So, Yeshua` is waiting for the day when they are desperate enough to say the words, as predicted in Psalm 118:22-26.

The King Apparent, or the King Elect (Elect by God, that is), LEFT THEM until they welcome Him back to rescue them! When He returns, His offer of the Kingdom will be given again, and this time, it will be accepted and they will anoint Him with oil as their King, just as God anointed Him with the Oil of Gladness (Psalm 45:7; Hebrews 1:9), and announced Him as His Son at both His baptism and His transfiguration.

Therefore, the main purpose of the seventy Sevens was to offer the King and His Kingdom to first the Jews, then the Isra'elis, and then the world as their King of Kings. When He arrives, He will re-start the final 3.5 years of the last Seven and offer them God's Kingdom once again.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Shalom, veteran.

You're spouting rhetoric, not Scripture. It is the eschatology of pretribulational rapturists, posttribulational rapturists, pre-wrath rapturists, and partial rapturists to suggest that "the time of trouble Jesus mentioned in Matt. 24 and Mark 13 is included within that 7-year period." The "7-year period" of the 70th Seven does NOT contain the "time of trouble!" Rather, it is the "time of trouble" that continues from the first century until Yeshua` returns:

Matthew 24:9-31

Compare this to the following, particularly in the Greek:

Luke 21:10-28

This is ALL this "time of trouble" and it started in the first century! The text says that it will continue right up to the time when Yeshua`, the Son of man, returns "in a cloud with power and great glory (brightness)!"

If you cannot understand Yeshua`s words in the Olivet Discourse as it was presented from THREE DIFFERENT VIEWPOINTS, then you will continue to make mistakes!
Shalom, Retrobyter. Looks to me like you are saying the same thing as veteran. Who is the prince of princes in Daniel 8:25? I think Dan. 2:44 is a prophecy of an earthly kingdom that will never be destroyed. Either this is a false prophecy, or the earthly kingdom requires succession. What do you think?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Shabbat shalom, veteran.

No, that only "defies common WESTERN sense." One must think like an Isra'eli to get this right. We like for everything to be reported in a nice, neat, little package of historically sequential events, but the Jewish thought pattern is to express more general points first and then go into the specifics. Sometimes, a chain of events is given that is more general than the details that are presented later. Then, the author will zero in on a particular, general point and expand upon the details. When he does this, some of the general points that happen AFTER the details will have already been mentioned before the details that happen prior to those general points.

One doesn't have to be Jewish nor an Israeli to be able to recognize when that occurs in God's Holy Writ.

It's not wrong; it's just the way they think! A case in point is Genesis 1:1...

Although I realize your analogy using the Gen.1 Scripture, that's not how I understand Gen.1, because even with both the Hebrew and the KJV English, there is no literal creation of earth matter past Gen.1:1. The idea that Gen.1:1 is a summary verse, and then the details follow at Gen.1:2 forward, is a tradition of men. Your example would have served better if you'd used Isaiah 1.

The same sort of thing happens here in Dani'el 9. Verse 26 gives a more general view of the events to come, and verse 27 goes into more specific details. The key, when one recognizes it, is that the Messiah is still being talked about in verse 27 which would be BEFORE He is "cut off," as was mentioned in verse 26. Thus, Gavri'el was going back and focusing on the details that happened BEFORE the people of the prince would destroy the city and the sanctuary.

No, the same thing as your analogy does not happen with the Dan.9:25-27 verses. The 70 weeks is literally divided into 3 separate periods in that Scripture. And they are each... applied to specific events. If our discussion continues it's those specific events where our disagrement will most likely show up.

In Dan.9:25 two specific periods combined are being given, 69 weeks, from the time of the command to restore Jerusalem unto (until) Christ ("Messiah the Prince"). Notice that Dan.9:25 verse does NOT attach the event of His cutting off there. It's because that topic is in the NEXT Dan.9:26 verse.

Then the Dan.9:26 verse tells us "After the threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off", covering the end of the specific 62 weeks mentioned back in verse 25. After means after the 62 weeks period, clearly. And the idea of 'cut off' is pointing directly to His crucifixion. Put the two together, and it means Christ's time of crucifixion ENDED that 62 weeks period, and thus the two periods of 69 weeks combined at that point. Nothing is mentioned about the final "one week" in that 26th verse.

We can easily know for sure "the people of the prince that shall come to destroy the city and the sanctuary" was NOT Christ. Obviously Hebrew 'am for "people" is plural. In 70 A.D. the Roman army under Titus destroyed Jerusalem and the temple burned down when they tried to capture it, which clearly points to that second prince and people. Note the final "one week" is still not mentioned yet within those events of Dan.9:26.

So it's not difficult to understand no 'one week' theory can be applied to any of that. If one tries to say the 69 weeks ended with Christ's coming, and then the final "one week" was fulfiled with Christ's Ministry and crucifixion, then they are adding to that Scripture, since the final "one week" and associated events aren't even mentioned until later, in the Dan.9:27 verse. Your analogy cannot displace even that fact.

Moreover, there's other prophetic pointers in Daniel 9:24 of what is to be fulfilled after the full 70 weeks, and some events given there are yet to be fulfilled even today. Also, if the 70 weeks were fulfilled with the time of Christ's crucifixion, then how is it the people of the next prince destroy the city and sanctuary which was fulfilled in 70 A.D. by the Romans, approximately 40 years AFTER Christ's crucifixon?

Those 70 weeks already fulfilled theories of men are just planted ideas to get the deceived away from understanding about the coming final Antichrist which Daniel was also shown, and in connection with the placing of the "abomination of desolation" idol in a temple in Jerusalem at the end of this world, a prophecy which the Dan9:27 verse about the final "one week" does... contain.

The colon means next to nothing. It's not even there in the Hebrew. That is just the translator's interpretation of what he thinks was being said. Verse 27 continues with verbs for a masculine, singular subject that cannot be the "prince" because he is part of a prepositional phrase (or rather, a secondary noun of the Hebrew construct state), and therefore the verbs go back to the closest, masculine, singular noun prior to the verbs of verse 27, the "Messiah" of verse 26.

That colon which the KJV translators added was because of how they also recognized a division of the events in the Hebrew. That's what a colon is most often used for, as a divider in English. I happen to agree with their division too, and not just becaue they put a colon there.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Vet wrote " No, I never said the time increments of 1260 days is wrong. I said we can still use the 7 years timeline to study the events, even though Christ said He shortened the time. "

Ok, Vet. and you also said "Don't thank me" referring to the 1/3 of the stars... well you did shine a new light and so tipping my hat to you was appropriate.

In my studies I considered that prophets of endtime prophecy may have been given "video clips." I mean televised video clips we have seen,,, compiled as compulations without audio and asked to record what they saw, and they did so in the language they possessed. Now to further this reasoning... I consider that this was possibly done in this matter for an express purpose... for us. See, we could have already seen much of these prophecies the endtime prophets wrote about, and they have already been revealed or are about to be. Just something to consider.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Vet wrote " No, I never said the time increments of 1260 days is wrong. I said we can still use the 7 years timeline to study the events, even though Christ said He shortened the time. "

Ok, Vet. and you also said "Don't thank me" referring to the 1/3 of the stars... well you did shine a new light and so tipping my hat to you was appropriate.

In my studies I considered that prophets of endtime prophecy may have been given "video clips." I mean televised video clips we have seen,,, compiled as compulations without audio and asked to record what they saw, and they did so in the language they possessed. Now to further this reasoning... I consider that this was possibly done in this matter for an express purpose... for us. See, we could have already seen much of these prophecies the endtime prophets wrote about, and they have already been revealed or are about to be. Just something to consider.

I get your meaning about the video clips, but..., do we really need any new prophecies about the end today? I recognize that The Holy Spirit may give us leadings in these last days, but it's for understanding, and also helping others to understand what's coming and how to prepare. Yet that will still align with the Bible prophecies already given us. We only need to study and understand those prophecies more per His Word while remaining sober and watching the times and the seaons already given.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
But alas, ther will be new prophecies concerning endtimes... Hopefully these with render clarity to ancient prophecies. Remaing sober is very good idea. Preparation and a diligent watch is a good ting too. We stand in agreement Vet. ..............again God Bless You