Seven Years of Tribulation,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
Veteran-I get your meaning about the video clips, but..., do we really need any new prophecies about the end today? I recognize that The Holy Spirit may give us leadings in these last days, but it's for understanding, and also helping others to understand what's coming and how to prepare. Yet that will still align with the Bible prophecies already given us. We only need to study and understand those prophecies more per His Word while remaining sober and watching the times and the seaons already given.

Terry-But alas, ther will be new prophecies concerning endtimes... Hopefully these with render clarity to ancient prophecies. Remaing sober is very good idea. Preparation and a diligent watch is a good ting too. We stand in agreement Vet. ..............again God Bless You

I keep toting (touting?) this, Deut 21:1-9? As far as prophetic Endtime fulfillment goes.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, kepha31.

Shalom, Retrobyter. Looks to me like you are saying the same thing as veteran. Who is the prince of princes in Daniel 8:25? I think Dan. 2:44 is a prophecy of an earthly kingdom that will never be destroyed. Either this is a false prophecy, or the earthly kingdom requires succession. What do you think?

Well, veteran and I have our differences, but in the fundamental points I think there is some agreement. However, the "prince of princes" in Dani'el 8:25, in my opinion, is Yeshua` in the future. The vision Dani'el was given in chapter 8 and explained by Gavri'el was that of Medo-Persia being overcome by Macedonia's "First King," Alexander the Great (circa 330 B.C.), who in turn is replaced by "the four generals" (Perdiccus, Craterus, Antipater, and Leonnatus) attempting to establish Phillip III Arrhidaeus (Alexander's younger half-brother) and Alexander IV (Alexander's unborn son) as joint kings. But through much civil war and intrigue, his kingdom was divided into the kingdom of Macedon and Thrace (Eastern Greece), the Kingdom of Pergamon (Western Greece and Eastern Turkey), The Ptolemaic Empire (Egypt, Cyprus, and Western Turkey), and the Seleucid Empire (Central Turkey up to the Black Sea, Phoenicia, Lebanon, Isra'el, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, and portions of India).

Then the vision shifts focus to the future in verse 23 when it uses the word "uwv'achariyt malkhuwtaam" translated as "and in the latter time of their kingdom." Thus, I believe that the "Prince of princes" is the same as "Sar Shalom" and "Melekh haM'lakhiym," "Prince of Peace" and "King of Kings." On the other hand, we read these verses prior to verse 25:

Daniel 8:23-26
23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.
KJV

This could well be the "beast" of Revelation 13 or the "man of lawlessness"/"man of sin"/"man against the Torah" of 2 Thessalonians 2 because we have jumped to the latter days of their kingdom, and we still have remnants of their kingdom today in the countries of Greece, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, and Iran. So, "when the transgressors are come to the full," or "when the rebellion has been completed," this "king of fierce countenance" who "understands dark sentences" shall stand up against the Prince of princes; however, he shall be "broken without [human] hand!"

IMO, however, we have a scenario that happens AFTER the Prince of princes is already ruling! This sounds more like a person that rises up AFTER the Millennium has already begun! Consider how that might fit with Psalm 2:

Psalm 2:1-12
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
KJV

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I get your meaning about the video clips, but..., do we really need any new prophecies about the end today? I recognize that The Holy Spirit may give us leadings in these last days, but it's for understanding, and also helping others to understand what's coming and how to prepare. Yet that will still align with the Bible prophecies already given us. We only need to study and understand those prophecies more per His Word while remaining sober and watching the times and the seaons already given.
But alas, ther will be new prophecies concerning endtimes... Hopefully these with render clarity to ancient prophecies. Remaing sober is very good idea. Preparation and a diligent watch is a good ting too. We stand in agreement Vet. ..............again God Bless You
You partially agree. Vet is using prophecy in the sense of foretold events in the bible, while terry is using it in the sense of prophetic utterance that must align with scripture. What biblical prophecies mean has been a raging dispute in this thread and always will be until Jesus heals the wounds of disunity. Prophetic utterance must align with scripture and is subject to the discernment of church leaders. This is common among all denominations that manifest the gifts. There are too many nut jobs with "prophecies" so we must follow the chain of command given in scripture. There is a third application of prophecy but I won't get into it here.
I believe God has raised up prophets to meet the needs of today.

PROPHECIES GIVEN AT ST. PETER’S BASILICA
DURING THE CLOSING EUCHARIST ON PENTECOST MONDAY—MAY 1975

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You partially agree. Vet is using prophecy in the sense of foretold events in the bible, while terry is using it in the sense of prophetic utterance that must align with scripture. What biblical prophecies mean has been a raging dispute in this thread and always will be until Jesus heals the wounds of disunity. Prophetic utterance must align with scripture and is subject to the discernment of church leaders. This is common among all denominations that manifest the gifts. There are too many nut jobs with "prophecies" so we must follow the chain of command given in scripture. There is a third application of prophecy but I won't get into it here.
I believe God has raised up prophets to meet the needs of today.

PROPHECIES GIVEN AT ST. PETER’S BASILICA
DURING THE CLOSING EUCHARIST ON PENTECOST MONDAY—MAY 1975

I think you confuse the idea of 'understanding' Bible prophecy as if it means being given a new prophecy. One given to understand what has already been written for the last days does not mean that one given is a prophet. Don't have to be a prophet to understand God's Word for the end.

Therefore, I AIN'T talking about uttering in some 'unknown tongue'.

But alas, ther will be new prophecies concerning endtimes... Hopefully these with render clarity to ancient prophecies. Remaing sober is very good idea. Preparation and a diligent watch is a good ting too. We stand in agreement Vet. ..............again God Bless You

As for the idea of 'new prophecies', I only recognize that as being something on a smaller scale, like to within a specific congregation or for an individual, but not a whole new prophecy like those already written in His Word. I do not recognize any new prophets like those of Bible history. God has already covered the main events to occur in our days, and even all the way into Christ's future Milennium reign, and to the new heavens and new earth timing. All we need do is study and ask The Father through His Son Jesus Christ to help us understand it.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran wrote:
" As for the idea of 'new prophecies', I only recognize that as being something on a smaller scale, like to within a specific congregation or for an individual, but not a whole new prophecy like those already written in His Word. I do not recognize any new prophets like those of Bible history. God has already covered the main events to occur in our days, and even all the way into Christ's future Milennium reign, and to the new heavens and new earth timing. All we need do is study and ask The Father through His Son Jesus Christ to help us understand it. "

Pretty much I agree with that Vet, although I expect the two witnesses and probably the 144,000 to be able to give even more clarity to ancient prophecies as well as possible new ones... Ex: the two witnesses should be able to call the false prophet, false messiah and the beast by name.
What prophecies take place elsewhere... I am in agreement with you on.