Seventh Day Adventist Beliefs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

In other words, God saves one by grace, then looking at one's works, decides if He's not or if He's going to save one. Weird. A weird God or a weird church.
The scripturesi mentioned regarding the sheep and the goats suggest otherwise.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RAPTURE
1. Souls and spirits of the "dead in Christ" come with Christ
2. They are given resurrected, glorified bodies for Heaven
3. Living saints perfected, transformed, glorified, and raptured
4. All these saints meet the Lord in the air and return to Heaven
5. All of this happens within nanoseconds (*the twinkling of an eye*)

SECOND COMING
After the Marriage of the Lamb, all the saints and angels from Heaven accompany Christ who comes down to earth for the battle of Armageddon.
See Revelation 19.

How long before the second coming do you see the rapture?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The scripturesi mentioned regarding the sheep and the goats suggest otherwise.

No, but that's what you, wrote w-r-o-t-e! "'You see, one has to become a sheep first, by the grace of God, converted, born again, then, Jesus looks at our works and uses them as the standard by which He makes the decision as to whether our conversion was real, or whether we are just a goat in sheep's clothing.'" The sheep and goats Scriptures say absolutely nothing about the salvation of any. You abuse these words of Jesus. They deal with judgement long after when during their lives Salvation separated the saved and the lost!

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but one is damned by any of his own creations.

Truth is truth; never and under no circumstances, lies. This thing discussed here is a damning heresy.
Your response here confuses me.
A person is not saved by passing a eschatology test, but they can be damned by failing that same eschatology test?

B

brakelite

Which Scriptures say absolutely nothing about the salvation of any. You abuse these words of Jesus.
KJV Matthew 25
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world....
KJV Matthew 25
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

If there was a clearer picture of the difference between being saved and lost... And the works that have evidence of their fate...im I listening.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
B

brakelite

Or you are a SDA ignorant about your own doctrine.

That must be me alright. I know nothing of any"special resurrection" other than what takes place at the second coming. I for one am not looking to escape or avoid whatever crisis is about to fall upon mankind. If I live or if I die, it matters not. Christ, not my church, is my Rock.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could of posted @Phoneman777 post about being judged by his works. but after 7 pages of searching, i gave up, not even i post that many posts in a week.
Got news for you, MJH: we're ALL going to be judged by our works, not our words. Anybody can say "I love Jesus" but Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments". He also said He will declare "Depart from Me" to those who work "iniquity" - deliberate sin, which will be made evident in the judgment.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well just one verse will show you that the Rapture and the Second Coming are not the same or even simultaneous:

THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they alsowhich pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
That's not the Second Coming. The only way "every eye shall see Him" is when everyone who ever was born is alive. That will be after the thousand years when New Jerusalem, in which the saints have been reigning with Christ for the past 1,000 years, is transported to its new permanent home on Earth and the wicked dead rise in the Resurrection of Damnation to stand in judgment, sentenced, drop down on their knees along with Satan and proclaim Jesus is Lord and that they deserve what they're about to get, and then are consumed by the fire which will reign down on them and become a seething Lake of Fire.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thank you brakelite for that explanation.
I still keep my distance from institutions although from time to time I do venture through the doors of a Church in the hope that I can connect. The presentations are disappointing for the most part and have been such an irritation that I have got out of my seat and left wondering why I travelled the hundred kilometres
I care not to criticise neither do I want to be annoyed by the evasion and 'niceness' which I experience fronts as an excuse for a straight testimony. I often wonder where God's people are. Religious people, yes, they are around but they have nothing that attracts me.

What men want is a method of forgetting God that shall pass as a method of remembering him. EG White

GE:

Read EG White!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your response here confuses me.
A person is not saved by passing a eschatology test, but they can be damned by failing that same eschatology test?

What I say, is, Whether a person passes an eschatology test or fails it, he not only can, but must be, needs be, is, damned by that same eschatology test. Only God knows eschatology.

PS
Watch a few posts above ... my o my.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are clearly mistaken, but we will agree to disagree.
No no, the "rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years were finished". It is only then that "every eye shall see Him, even they that pierced Him"..the wicked who rise in the resurrection of the damned as the city descends and the righteous who will be watching from inside the city as it descends.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I say, is, Whether a person passes an eschatology test or fails it, he not only can, but must be, needs be, is, damned by that same eschatology test. Only God knows eschatology.

PS
Watch a few posts above ... my o my.
I'm now more confused here.
You saying that SDA are damned because they fail this eschatology test requirement for salvation. And then you say one God knows eschatology.

Reactions: Nancy

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm now more confused here.
You saying that SDA are damned because they fail this eschatology test requirement for salvation. And then you say one God knows eschatology.

Get the detail right; then I'll reply DV.
Detail 1: "'You saying that SDA are damned because they fail this eschatology test'" is your version.

Detail 2: "'then you say one God knows eschatology'" again is your version.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now @mjrhealth I am not saying you are wrong...our works save no-one. Doing those good works did not turn a goat into a sheep. You see, one has to become a sheep first, by the grace of God, converted, born again, then, Jesus looks at our works and uses them as the standard by which He makes the decision as to whether our conversion was real, or whether we are just a goat in sheep's clothing.

So brakelight, should I propose this question, should a man who proposes to keep the law, than not be judged by the law?? knowing this

Rom_2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

also knowing that the only judgement that is for breaking the law is death an requires your blood, because

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
and again

Jas_2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

all is it all just for show, a reason to boast.??