Seventh Day Adventist Beliefs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Got news for you, MJH: we're ALL going to be judged by our works, not our words. Anybody can say "I love Jesus" but Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments". He also said He will declare "Depart from Me" to those who work "iniquity" - deliberate sin, which will be made evident in the judgment.
BAd new for you for not all will be judged,

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

and again

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

but you chose this part

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

as for mens works

Isa_64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now @mjrhealth I am not saying you are wrong...our works save no-one. Doing those good works did not turn a goat into a sheep. You see, one has to become a sheep first, by the grace of God, converted, born again, then, Jesus looks at our works and uses them as the standard by which He makes the decision as to whether our conversion was real, or whether we are just a goat in sheep's clothing.
And Christ knows His sheep just as they know Him,

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

What surprises me the most is how many of His sheep run away from Him when He comes for them..

B

brakelite

should a man who proposes to keep the law
Intricately tied to this seemingly simple theoretical proposal of yours ^^^^^is your assumption that such a man is
  • Me
  • Unsaved
  • Attempting to gain salvation by keeping the law

I would appreciate you providing evidence any of the above three points are accurate, and if not, why are you addressing me at all? And could you please explain why
  • You continue steadfastly to reject any consideration of the possibility that a saved person would legitimately seek to obey God's commandments for the sole reason that he loves His God enough to want to obey Him without giving any consideration to "improving his standing before God", having any cause to "boast", or any other motive other than love?

B

brakelite

And Christ knows His sheep just as they know Him,
I mentioned a couple of times recently that it is ridiculous for Christians to do the to and fro thing with scripture as if one set of texts from one poster cancels out another set of texts from another. Madness! All scripture is given by inspiration of God. Therefore all scripture must be brought together to form a whole truth where they complement each other, not presented as of they contradict each other. So many people try and prove SDA doctrine wrong by presenting scripture to me that they think "proves" me wrong. As if I would disagree with their scripture!!!! I believe in the Bible. I believe it to be the foundation of my faith and practice. You quote me scripture and I agree with it mjr. But what I am about to do is add some more scripture below to form a whole...not to contradict what you have quoted, but to complement it. You cannot isolate certain portions of scripture from everything else that God reveals on one subject, and use that to defend something that does not harmonise with the whole...Yes, Jesus is the Great Shepherd. He knows His sheep, and they know His voice. And they follow Him. Now, I will show you where they follow Him to...

Psalm 23:1 ¶ « A Psalm of David. » The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Ps 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Mt 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Mt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Reactions: quietthinker

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Intricately tied to this seemingly simple theoretical proposal of yours ^^^^^is your assumption that such a man is
  • Me
  • Unsaved
  • Attempting to gain salvation by keeping the law

I would appreciate you providing evidence any of the above three points are accurate, and if not, why are you addressing me at all? And could you please explain why
  • You continue steadfastly to reject any consideration of the possibility that a saved person would legitimately seek to obey God's commandments for the sole reason that he loves His God enough to want to obey Him without giving any consideration to "improving his standing before God", having any cause to "boast", or any other motive other than love?
It serves what purpose what.. and yet no man keeps them, you are like a man rowing a boat across the sea, finding yourself further and further from shore, than you fall over from exhaustion only to discover that there was a motor on the back all along ,and all you did was pointless wasted effort that achieved nothing.

It certainly is not to obedience because as it says

Rom_4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Gal_3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

and no one keeps them not one...

the only man that ever impressed Christ was a roman, because of His faith.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I mentioned a couple of times recently that it is ridiculous for Christians to do the to and fro thing with scripture as if one set of texts from one poster cancels out another set of texts from another. Madness! All scripture is given by inspiration of God. Therefore all scripture must be brought together to form a whole truth where they complement each other, not presented as of they contradict each other. So many people try and prove SDA doctrine wrong by presenting scripture to me that they think "proves" me wrong. As if I would disagree with their scripture!!!! I believe in the Bible. I believe it to be the foundation of my faith and practice. You quote me scripture and I agree with it mjr. But what I am about to do is add some more scripture below to form a whole...not to contradict what you have quoted, but to complement it. You cannot isolate certain portions of scripture from everything else that God reveals on one subject, and use that to defend something that does not harmonise with the whole...Yes, Jesus is the Great Shepherd. He knows His sheep, and they know His voice. And they follow Him. Now, I will show you where they follow Him to...

Psalm 23:1 ¶ « A Psalm of David. » The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Ps 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Mt 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Mt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

You see brakelite all you do is quote scripture, i have lived it. while you sit there and quoute scripture about His sheep and He knows them, I have being with Him when He told me that He died for me, and He called me by name, and I have being with Him while he shown me His sheep, grazing in green pastures, and He has also shown Me His sheep as they left the pasture though a gate that He opens and they all turn into men, all dressed in white, with the biggest smiles.. and all that took was a little faith, that I didnt know I had. His sheep cant follow men because you see His bride , His chrurch is married to Him, ,

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

see you have to chose to whom you are married, or is adultry a part of the SDA religion. That what man is joined too, which or who it it,,,

remember the woman at the well

Joh_4:18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

B

brakelite

It serves what purpose what.. and yet no man keeps them, you are like a man rowing a boat across the sea, finding yourself further and further from shore, than you fall over from exhaustion only to discover that there was a motor on the back all along ,and all you did was pointless wasted effort that achieved nothing.

It certainly is not to obedience because as it says

Rom_4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Gal_3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

and no one keeps them not one...

the only man that ever impressed Christ was a roman, because of His faith.
And you are doubling down on your assumptions...
  • Me
  • Unsaved
  • Attempting to gain salvation by keeping the law and adding another
  • To impress God with "my holiness???"
Again, you fail to take ALL scripture into consideration. You correctly quote that "all have sinned"...and "none can keep the law" etc. Yet your conclusion denies the truth that those scriptures can only be referring to those outside of Christ, because the scripture elsewhere promises that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
You also deny the promise that all who hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled! What a promise!! And it isn't our righteousness, it is Christ!!! Wow, isn't that wonderful that Christ Himself fills us with His own righteousness? How cool is that? I am NOT rowing out to sea. The motor is running and its a V8.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
  • Me
  • Unsaved
Again, you fail to take ALL scripture into consideration. You correctly quote that "all have sinned"...and "none can keep the law" etc. Yet your conclusion denies the truth that those scriptures can only be referring to those outside of Christ, because the scripture elsewhere promises that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
You also deny the promise that all who hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled! What a promise!! And it isn't our righteousness, it is Christ!!! Wow, isn't that wonderful that Christ Himself fills us with His own righteousness? How cool is that? I am NOT rowing out to sea. The motor is running and its a V8.
Denied nothing, in that you and BOL are so alike, both claiming your religion is from God yet both denying His power and even refusing to leave it for His sake, there is a reason whey mens religions are called the harlot church.

Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Rom_10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jas_2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

all is it all just for show, a reason to boast.??

You force your misconception. But "Whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, is _guilty_ of all." The Law is God's reason not to boast, but to bust all boasting; the Law is God's way to show sin; not to sin for show.
So no one escapes its tentacles and teeth, least the man who boasts whosoever (always himself only) shall break the whole law offends in no point and is guiltless.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
  • Me
  • Unsaved

Full-fledged Seventh day Adventist Roman Catholic HERESY.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Roman Catholics have their Sunday based on a lie; the SDA their Sabbath based on nothing;
The Roman Catholics have their Virgin Mary; the SDA their "servant of the Lord";
The Roman Catholics have their works-righteousness; the SDA their rest-righteousness;
The Roman Catholics are self-assured majorities; the SDA self-asserting minorities;
The Roman Catholics have their collard priests; the SDA their throttled pastors;
The Roman Catholics have their Inquisitions; the SDA their General Conference...
...it is impossible to draw the thinnest of lines between these oppressive powers.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get the detail right; then I'll reply DV.
Detail 1: "'You saying that SDA are damned because they fail this eschatology test'" is your version.

Detail 2: "'then you say one God knows eschatology'" again is your version.
Gerhard, I'm *trying* to understand you. I don't understand you right now, hence my stating "I'm confused". You seem to be giving contradictory responses. Can you please clarify your position?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It would be wonderful if it were true, but the proof is just not there.
You could start by studying 2 Thessalonians 2 in depth. Then go to 1 Thessalonians 4 and 5. It is all there for those who keep digging.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Gerhard, I'm *trying* to understand you. I don't understand you right now, hence my stating "I'm confused". You seem to be giving contradictory responses. Can you please clarify your position?

Get the detail right.
Detail 1: "'You saying that SDA are damned because they fail this eschatology test'"...

I said nothing about "'_SDA_ are damned'"; I said nothing about anybody being "'damned'". If you are confused, don't try make me look confused. I give no contradicting or contradictory responses; you do.

Detail 2: "'then you say one God knows eschatology'"...
I said only God knows eschatology; you're talking of one God who knows eschatology. As far as I am concerned, there is only one God, the only God who only, knows eschatology.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GerhardEbersoehn, thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.
Get the detail right.
Detail 1: "'You saying that SDA are damned because they fail this eschatology test'"...
I got that impression from this quote:
No, but one is damned by any of his own creations.

Truth is truth; never and under no circumstances, lies. This thing discussed here is a damning heresy.
It seems to me that you are calling what is being discussed here (SDA eschatological views) to not only to be heresy, but a damning heresy-- meaning that it keeps a person from salvation.

Hence my question and confusion here.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Saying a certain heresy is a damning heresy is not saying any person is damned. It may and can certainly be that one who believes some damnable error is a redeemed child of God at the same time. I used to believe heresy and error and even that my salvation depended on it. Meanwhile God worked out my eternal salvation using those false doctrines and to this day uses them to exercise and strengthen me in the faith of Christ.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying a certain heresy is a damning heresy is not saying any person is damned. It may and can certainly be that one who believes some damnable error is a redeemed child of God at the same time. I used to believe heresy and error and even that my salvation depended on it. Meanwhile God worked out my eternal salvation using those false doctrines and to this day uses them to exercise and strengthen me in the faith of Christ.
Ok, so a "damning heresy" does not involve damnation. Thank you for clarifying that.
What then differentiates a "damning heresy" versus just a heresy?