Seventh-day Adventist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their doctrinal belief though is they deny you your salvation if you are a sabbath breaking Sunday worshiper. They teach then the person has taken the mark of the beast and belongs to Satan and not God. They are totally works of the law oriented and not grace for salvation as being a free gift to those who believe. They therefore condemn to hell the vast majority of all Christians for the last 2000 years.

And you, Sir, are a great carrier of tales on a malicious crusade.

My post above also points out their high church authority the executive committee teaches the same thing as here below, that all catholic and protestants are the whore of revelation.

For Seventh-day Adventists, Bible prophecy is all about the SDA Church's struggle against Sunday-keepers, led by Roman Catholicism, whom they accuse of having changed God's day of worship. Bent on identifying Catholicism as an evil entitiy, Seventh-day Adventism manages to pin Catholicism to nearly every evil beast or wicked woman that Bible prophecy portrays! Therefore, it should come as no surprise that Seventh-day Adventism identifies the scarlet beast of Revelation 17, the whore of Revelation 17, and Babylon as Roman Catholicism.

The following quotations are from Revelation Seminars:

1. The Harlot of Revelation 17 is Roman Catholicism.

2. Protestant Churches are also Harlots.

3. God is calling Christians out of Catholic and Protestant Churches to join the SDA Church.

How does all of your incredibly voluminous, copy-and-paste cross-posting prove that Adventists, in general, believe all non-Adventists are lost and headed for hell, or conflict with the following statement in any way?

"No one has yet received the mark of the beast. The testing time has not yet come. There are true Christians in every church, not excepting the Roman Catholic communion. None are condemned until they have had the light and have seen the obligation of the fourth commandment. But when the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, the line will be clearly drawn between the false and the true. Then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast."

Letters and Manuscripts — Volume 14 — Manuscript #51 (1899)

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now note, we are dealing with “Seventh Day Adventism” and not with Seventh Day Adventists. There are many splendid people who are numbered with this sect and we are sure that some of them are saved, in spite of their ignorance of God’s saving message and spiritual program for this day in which we live.

I have replied to a number of inquirers that the curative, or antidote, for this teaching, is “the Pauline truth”, designated by him, “the dispensation of the grace of God” and “the dispensation of the mystery.” Ephesians 3:1 and 2 and 3:8 and 9. The Adventists are as ignorant of this message as though it were not recorded in God’s Holy Word. To my mind, much of the teaching of the Adventists is not only unscriptural, unsound and unspiritual; but it is positively absurd.

Perhaps the most pernicious teaching is their interpretation of Daniel 8:14 and Leviticus 16:9 to 27. If you will read Daniel 8:14 you will find reference to 2,300 days. They interpret this, as years, and they teach that the sanctuary was not cleansed until the nineteenth century A.D. And even then, our sins were not entirely put away. Their interpretation of the sacrifices of the goats, in the 16th of Leviticus, is that the Lord Jesus was the slain goat and Satan is to be the scapegoat. Satan is to be turned loose in darkness for one thousand years, and during that period of darkness there will be the punishment of lawbreakers.

In the light of such-clear statements as I Peter 3:18, John, 19:30, Hebrews 9:14 and Ephesians 2:8 to 13, I am sure that you will agree with me that such teaching can be included in that which the Scriptures call “the damnable heresy”. II Peter 2:1. The Adventists claim to be the children of Israel, and therefore govern themselves by the prophecies made to that nation. They claim that Israel’s sabbath is the Christian’s sabbath and should be observed by the members of the Body of Christ.

According to Exodus 31:13 to 17, the seventh-day sabbath was a sign between Jehovah and the children of Israel. The Adventists claim that only the ceremonial law was done away with at Calvary, and that the moral law is just as binding upon members of the Body of Christ in the dispensation of the grace of God as it was upon Israel during the dispensation of the Law. In the light of Colossians 2:11 to 14, II Corinthians 3:5 to 12, Acts 15:7 to 19 and Romans 10:3 to 7, we see the absolute nonsense of such teaching. We know that even one circumcised is debtor to the whole law. Galatians 5:3. We know there can be no reign of law without Levites to execute judgment upon even the law-breaker who kindles a fire on the Sabbath.

Likewise the one who is debtor to the sabbath is debtor to the whole Law. The Lord Jesus Christ abolished the Law, took out of the way the handwriting of ordinances, which was nailed to His cross. Colossians 2:12 to 14. He took the sabbath to the sepulchre and arose from the dead to be the head of a new creation. By putting away sin, bringing the Law to an end and abolishing death, the Lord Jesus Christ established “the Law of the Spirit of Life in Himself”. Romans 8:2. The language is very plain that Christians are not under the Law. Romans 6:14.

The Apostle Paul was the chosen vessel of the Lord to instruct members of the Body of Christ, and never once did. he say in any message that members of the Body of Christ had any obligation toward Israel’s sabbath. Not once did he give to any member of the Body of Christ the “thou shalt” and “thou shalt nots” of Sinai.

Galatians 3:24 and 25 is the refutation and negation of the legalistic teaching of the Adventists. We quote these two verses: “Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”

We say that some Adventists are saved in spite of their perverted gospel. God’s Book tells us that the perverted gospel, that is, a mixture of law and grace, subverts the soul. Galatians 1:6 to 10 and Acts 15:10 to 19. If the Adventists were really under the Law, as they think they are, they would be under the curse; for there is not one of them, no matter how he may strive to keep the whole Law, who does not offend in one point; therefore he is guilty of all. They teach “soul-sleeping” in contradiction to the plain statements of God’s Book in II Corinthians 5:7 to 10, Philippians 1:10 to 18, Acts 7:47 to 52 and II Peter 1:17 to 21. They also teach annihilation as the punishment for the unsaved. We have mentioned only a few of their unscriptural doctrines, but we mention sufficient to warn Christians against their fallacies and fantasies. Beware of false prophets. “Stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.” Galatians 5:1.

Having said that-I notice there are a lot of Christians on this Forum NOT showing the fruit of the Spirit-Yes?

Gal_5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Eph_5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Shalom
J.
Le'ts see about faith you say?

Jude
3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord [b]God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Old and New Apostates​

5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their [c]proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the [d]vengeance of eternal fire.

You do realize the truth of the gospel causes offense and brings a sword.

Matthew 10:34

Christ Brings Division​

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

35 For I have come to ‘set[j] a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And you, Sir, are a great carrier of tales on a malicious crusade.

How does all of your incredibly voluminous, copy-and-paste cross-posting prove that Adventists, in general, believe all non-Adventists are lost and headed for hell, or conflict with the following statement in any way?

"No one has yet received the mark of the beast. The testing time has not yet come. There are true Christians in every church, not excepting the Roman Catholic communion. None are condemned until they have had the light and have seen the obligation of the fourth commandment. But when the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, the line will be clearly drawn between the false and the true. Then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast."

Letters and Manuscripts — Volume 14 — Manuscript #51 (1899)

Your very own SDA executive committee teaches that Catholics and Protestants are the whore of revelation 17 and 13 and those churches are of the abominations of the earth, now who is kidding who...You know it is written down for all to see that, and they do see it as I posted it right here.
It is not malicious at all, why do you hide the truth? You do not want people to know what your highest SDA church authority says.

There is no real change in Ellen G. White’s views on the Papacy and Protestantism and their enforcement of the mark of the beast. In order to appreciate her later statements, it is helpful to notice her earlier ones. The earliest statement of Ellen G. White regarding Catholics and Protestants as persecuting powers comes from 1850, in which, based on Revelation 13 and 17, the papacy is described as “the mother of harlots” and Protestants as “her daughters.” Several phases of persecution are described:

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Le'ts see about faith you say?

Jude
3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord [b]God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Old and New Apostates​

5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their [c]proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the [d]vengeance of eternal fire.

You do realize the truth of the gospel causes offense and brings a sword.

Matthew 10:34

Christ Brings Division​

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

35 For I have come to ‘set[j] a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
I notice you are using Scriptures out of context-no offense brother.
I still say we need to work out our OWN salvation with fear and trembling and not speak evil of others.

Shalom and grace.
Johann.

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your very own SDA executive committee teaches that Catholics and Protestants are the whore of revelation 17 and 13 and those churches are of the abominations of the earth, now who is kidding who...You know it is written down for all to see that, and they do see it as I posted it right here.
It is not malicious at all, why do you hide the truth? You do not want people to know what your highest SDA church authority says.

There is no real change in Ellen G. White’s views on the Papacy and Protestantism and their enforcement of the mark of the beast. In order to appreciate her later statements, it is helpful to notice her earlier ones. The earliest statement of Ellen G. White regarding Catholics and Protestants as persecuting powers comes from 1850, in which, based on Revelation 13 and 17, the papacy is described as “the mother of harlots” and Protestants as “her daughters.” Several phases of persecution are described:
This is between you and Barns brother.

• Love

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
SDA still believes they are God's remnant church....meaning other churches are not part of the saved remnant of people God saves.
That was and is their foundation, and their false prophetess is rottenness at its core.

Adventists viewed themselves as “God’s Remnant People,” who, as the bearers of “present truth,” were charged with delivering God’s final warning message in the last days. Other Protestant groups were “apostate” and had become “the whore of Babylon”; the Roman Catholic Church was identified with the persecuting “beast” of the book of Revelation. Adventist evangelists developed an aggressive style, denouncing Sunday-keepers as “commandment-breakers” who risked receiving the “Mark of the Beast” and, ultimately, damnation, and issuing brazen challenges to clergy of other denominations to produce a biblical passage endorsing the sacredness of Sunday.

Adventist eschatology and preaching focused closely on the apocalyptic visions of the biblical books of Daniel and Revelation, where governments were portrayed as wild beasts that hurt God’s people. A unique interpretation identified the American Republic with the second beast of Revelation 13, which, although it had “two horns like a lamb,” would now speak “like a dragon.” In this dragon phase it would breach the constitutional separation of church and state, joining together with the apostate Roman Catholic and Protestant churches to persecute the Remnant just before Christ’s return. It would do this by decreeing that since its members were without “the Mark of the Beast,” they were not allowed to “buy or sell.”

• Love

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I notice you are using Scriptures out of context-no offense brother.
I still say we need to work out our OWN salvation with fear and trembling and not speak evil of others.

Shalom and grace.
Johann.
And you are not being obedient to the Apostle John's or Jude's teaching.
As salvation to SDA is of works and obedience to the law of commandments.
They deny salvation to Sunday worshippers as they are sabbath breakers.
This seems to fly right over your head.

2 John 1

Walk in Christ’s Commandments​

4 I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father. 5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another. 6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

Beware of Antichrist Deceivers​

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that [c]we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.

9 Whoever [d]transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

This means to have no fellowship with works of darkness. Do not wish them God speed, keep up the good work, nothing like that at all.
Christ even says if they do not receive your testimony, simply wipe the dust of their place off your feet as God will judge them and it will be worse for them than Sodom and Gomorrah

Last edited:
  • Love

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Their doctrinal belief though is they deny you your salvation if you are a sabbath breaking Sunday worshiper. They teach then the person has taken the mark of the beast and belongs to Satan and not God. They are totally works of the law oriented and not grace for salvation as being a free gift to those who believe. They therefore condemn to hell the vast majority of all Christians for the last 2000 years.

That kind of doctrine is another gospel, a false gospel and is accursed.

Galatians 1
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert[a] the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be [b]accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
when ignorance marches as wisdom it can only produce foolishness

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Again read it here, SDA believes all other Christian churches who are sabbath breakers are APOSTATE.

Is that what you believe?

The Sabbath[edit]​

The seventh-day Sabbath, is observed from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset, and Adventist hold this time as what God blessed and hallowed at Creation. Adventist point to the biblical references such as the ancient Hebrew practice of beginning a day at sundown, and the Genesis creation narrative wherein an "evening and morning" established a day, predating the giving of the Ten Commandments (thus the command to "remember" the Sabbath). The seventh day of the week is recognized as Sabbath in many languages, calendars, and doctrines, including those of Catholic[17] and Orthodox churches.[18]

Adventist point out that the change of the Sabbath was part of a Great Apostasy in the Christian faith when the Bishop of Rome began to dominate the west and the other centers of Christianity.

The Seventh-day Adventist has traditionally held that the apostate church formed and brought heathen corruption and allowed pagan idol worship and beliefs to come in under the Roman Catholic Church, which teaches other traditions over Scripture, and to rest from their work on Sunday, instead of Sabbath as written in Scripture.

• Love

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Apostasy in scripture means people have abandoned the faith and are giving heed to deceiving spirits and demonic doctrines.
So apostates in Christianity are those who are going to hell, the SDA considers catholic and protestant to be apostate churches that are going to hell. Hypocrite is another useful word here.

1 Timothy 4

The Great Apostasy

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. ...

Jude

Old and New Apostates​

5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe

2 Thess 2

The Great Apostasy​

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of [a]Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of [b]sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

Matthew 24:48-51
New King James Version
48 But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying [j]his coming,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards,
50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

• Love

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Again read it here, SDA believes all other Christian churches who are sabbath breakers are APOSTATE.

Is that what you believe?

The Sabbath[edit]​

The seventh-day Sabbath, is observed from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset, and Adventist hold this time as what God blessed and hallowed at Creation. Adventist point to the biblical references such as the ancient Hebrew practice of beginning a day at sundown, and the Genesis creation narrative wherein an "evening and morning" established a day, predating the giving of the Ten Commandments (thus the command to "remember" the Sabbath). The seventh day of the week is recognized as Sabbath in many languages, calendars, and doctrines, including those of Catholic[17] and Orthodox churches.[18]

Adventist point out that the change of the Sabbath was part of a Great Apostasy in the Christian faith when the Bishop of Rome began to dominate the west and the other centers of Christianity.

The Seventh-day Adventist has traditionally held that the apostate church formed and brought heathen corruption and allowed pagan idol worship and beliefs to come in under the Roman Catholic Church, which teaches other traditions over Scripture, and to rest from their work on Sunday, instead of Sabbath as written in Scripture.
I can guess you fart from time to time but if I was to say your whole reality is one big fart, I would be taking your reality out of context.
Even though I am not a SDA, I can say assuredly, you are distorting, taking out of context and misrepresenting the matter. In other words, you are ill informed yet you choose to make your ignorance march at the front of the procession.

• Love
Reactions: Brakelite

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Read all about the SDA and sabbath keeping requirement here if you wish. Goes into much detail.

The Fallacy of the Mark of the Beast being Sunday worship
If you are one of those people who go to Church on Sunday, according to the majority of 7th day Adventists (official teachings) you are worshiping the Beast with his mark.
This has been their position from their inception and it has not changed except in personal opinions. “Sunday-keeping is an institution of the first beast, and ALL who submit to obey this institution emphatically worship the first beast and receive his mark, 'the mark of the beast.' .... Those who worship the beast and his image by observing the first day are certainly idolaters, as were the worshippers of the golden calf.”(Advent Review Extra, pages 10 and 11, August, 1850 (as quoted in “Seventh-day Adventism Renounced” by D.M. Canright, 1914)

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, I've noticed some of the SDA peoples refraining from certain aspects of what their handlers indoctrinate them to believe and that they frequently contradict themselves.

It's always funny when they say observing Saturday sabbath is not required for salvation and then they turn right around and say those that don't observe Saturday sabbath are sinners who are breaking God's commandment. crazy2.gif

You'd think they're handlers would get their marketing down better than that so they can all agree with one another and have the same story.

You mean when people don't agree with the SDA home office... they make
the SDA peoples look foolish and they don't like that, fixed it for you thumbsup4.gif

I can guess you fart from time to time

We've been redeemed from farting... so we should release intestinal gases quietly and away from others. agree.gif

• Love

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In today's postmodern, oppressors vs. the oppressed, easily offended world, any kind of warning = condemnation. No proof has been produced to substantiate the claims that Seventh-day Adventists routinely teach that non-Adventists are lost and are headed for hellfire.

It is much easier to be an antagonist than to be a protagonist. When one is working hard at being against something, there is little pressure to be truthful or to be careful not to misrepresent the true state of things.

Being a proponent of the Ten Commandments as being fully a group of 10 is something you would think easy, but it is not a popular idea, to put it mildly. It is combustibly disagreeable, in fact. The devil has seen to that.

The simple command by God to rest and worship on the 7th day of the week has gone from being societally established in the time of Christ, to being convoluted in the post-apostolic age, to being a thoroughly hateful thing by Christians today. I have seen much of the process in the brief span of my life, and it has been a masterful act.

Having been such an eyewitness, there is no amount of sophistry on an Internet discussion board that can pull the wool over my own eyes. Over 30 years ago, I sat across my dining room table from a pair of Mennonite clergymen who represented the main objection to a literal observation of the 4th commandment at that time—"Saturday vs. Sunday."

The position that is widely held here on CyB is that the entire purpose of the 4th commandment has been dissolved. Against all emerging scientific evidence, it is being urged that man has no need for circaseptan regeneration and that a 24-hour, 7 days per week (which wouldn't even exist if it were not for the Sabbath) "abiding in Christ" is all that is needed for man to experience the overall health described in verses like John 10:10 and 3 John 1:2.

The idea that man can, in the pursuit of balancing worldly and heavenly concerns, "just wing it" is not working out. The world is insisting on encroaching further and further into a man's ability to rest and worship on a regular basis (even the 24-hour, circadian type), and the results are manifest in rising crime and chronic degenerative disease. This is not the will of God. The Scripture is clear on that. And He did not intend for His people to conform to the world's standards.

It is a deep and devastating shame that Christianity has become so shamefully and hypocritically steeped in the massive movement to reserve the right to sin with impunity.

For now.

Much has been passively-aggressively made of the fact that Sabbath-keepers are hypocrites for keeping a law that during the now long-defunct Theocracy was immediately punishable by death, notwithstanding that many other sins met with the same penalty, but Solomon himself made this argument quite toothless, when he said, under the inspiration of God:

“the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart.” (Ecclesiastes 9:3)

“Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before Him: but it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.” (Ecclesiastes 8:11-13)

:hearteyes:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Scott Downey

In public labor bring your evidences, clear and plain, from the Word of God.

A Thus saith the Lord is the strongest testimony you can possibly present to the people.

LET NONE BE EDUCATED TO LOOK TO Sister White, but to the mighty God, who gives instruction to Sister White.—

Lay Sister White right to one side: lay her to one side. Don’t you never quote my words again as long as you live, until you can obey the Bible.

When you take the Bible and make that your food, and your meat, and your drink, and make that the elements of your character, when you can do that you will know better how to receive some counsel from God.

But here is the Word, the precious Word, exalted before you today. And don’t you give a rap any more what “Sister White said”—“Sister White said this,” and “Sister White said that,” and “Sister White said the other thing.”

But say, “Thus saith the Lord God of Israel,” and then you do just what the Lord God of Israel does, and what he says. SpM 167.2.

Look to Jesus

In the vision given me June 12, 1868, I was shown the danger of the people of God in looking to Brother and Sister White and thinking that they must come to them with their burdens and seek counsel of them. This ought not so to be.

They are invited by their compassionate, loving Saviour to come unto Him, when weary and heavy-laden, and He will relieve them. In Him they will find rest. In taking their perplexities and trials to Jesus, they will find the promise in regard to them fulfilled. When in their distress they feel the relief which is found alone in Jesus they obtain an experience which is of the highest value to them.

Brother and Sister White are striving for purity of life, striving to bring forth fruit unto holiness; yet they are only erring mortals.

Many come to us with the inquiry: Shall I do this? Shall I engage in that enterprise? Or, in regard to dress, Shall I wear this or that article?

I answer them: You profess to be disciples of Christ. Study your Bibles. Read carefully and prayerfully the life of our dear Saviour when He dwelt among men upon the earth. Imitate His life, and you will not be found straying from the narrow path.

We UTTERLY REFUSE to be conscience for you.

If we tell you just what to do, YOU WILL LOOK TO US to guide you, instead of going directly to Jesus for yourselves. Your experience will be founded IN US. You must have an experience for yourselves, which shall be founded in God. Then can you stand amid the perils of the last days and be purified and not consumed by the fire of affliction through which all the saints must pass in order to have the impurities removed from their character preparatory to receiving the finishing touch of immortality. 2T 118.3

"The word of God is the great detector of error; to it we believe EVERYTHING MUST BE BROUGHT.

The Bible must be our standard for EVERY DOCTRINE and PREACHING. We must study it reverentially.

"We are to receive no one’s opinion without comparing it with the Scriptures.

"Here is divine authority which is SUPREME in matters of faith.

"It is the word of the living God that is to DECIDE ALL CONTROVERSIES."

The Ellen G. White 1888 Materials. 1987; 2002 (44). Ellen G. White Estate

Christ has not a casual interest in us but an interest stronger than a mother for her child. . . . Our Saviour has purchased us by human suffering and sorrow, by insult, reproach, abuse, mockery, rejection and death. He is watching over you, trembling child of God. He will make you secure under His protection. . . . Our weakness in human nature will not bar our access to the heavenly Father, for He [Christ] died to make intercession for us.”—Ellen G. White, Sons and Daughters of God, p. 77.

“What is justification by faith? It is the work of God in laying the glory of man in the dust, and doing for man that which it is not in his power to do for himself. When men see their own nothingness, they are prepared to be clothed with the righteousness of Christ.”—The Faith I Live By, p. 109.

The proud heart strives to earn salvation; but both our title to heaven and our fitness for it are found in the righteousness of Christ. The Lord can do nothing toward the recovery of man until, convinced of his own weakness, and stripped of all self-sufficiency, he yields himself to the control of God. Then he can receive the gift that God is waiting to bestow. From the soul that feels his need, nothing is withheld. He has unrestricted access to Him in whom all fullness dwells. “For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.” Isaiah 57:
15.—The Desire of Ages, p. 300.

What a satanic cult these Adventists belong to, their prophet demanding that they come to Jesus to be relieved of their burdens.
@Scott Downey , I don't know if you are deliberately lying, so I will give you the benefit of doubt. I will do however you are woefully ignorant, and are in great danger of being held accountable for deceiving many away from truth and light. Remember Jesus's lesson concerning millstones and necks? Why do you place your trust in the writings of our enemies? If you want to know what we really teach, then go to the source. But don't feel too bad. There are others here who think add ignorantly as you, and there have been many before you who were far more skilled and dexterous in their calumny and lies than your clumsy attempts above. And scripture informs us that shortly there will be government sanction for the genocidal destruction of all Sabbath keepers, so be patient. Your time will come.