Seventh-day Adventist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prefix PRO primarily means “forward” but can also mean "for."
(Not using the " for " in my post)

A TEST is a procedure intended to establish the quality, performance or RELIABILITY OF something, especially before it is taken into widespread use.

**** To protest is a statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something.

The root words -ant/-ent comes from Latin -'-ant, implying an act or condition of

I am a happy PROTESTANT of false doctrine, whatever faith it may come by !

John 4:
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize I made an error, the copy and paste into a plagiarizer grammer checker would be saying I plagiarized E.W.

Reactions: BarneyFife

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody hates everybody else.....it is laughable.
We ( myself included) point fingers at the false doctrines of organized church denominations.
We lay claim that ours is the true church. (psst not a member nor attend ANY organized denom nor church)

The only true church is the body & bride of Christ which follows his doctrine found in the N. T. under his law of
love !

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize I made an error, the copy and paste into a plagiarizer grammer checker would be saying I plagiarized E.W.

Interesting. The ethics of literary borrowing 100+ years ago were light years removed from the sue-happy world of today.

I'm not sure a suitable plagiarism checker API could be found.

Reactions: The Learner

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We ( myself included) point fingers at the false doctrines of organized church denominations.
We lay claim that ours is the true church. (psst not a member nor attend ANY organized denom nor church)

The only true church is the body & bride of Christ which follows his doctrine found in the N. T. under his law of
love !
Foolishness dances with foolishness with dysfunctional steps. Wisdom discounted and considered irrelevant by the brilliance of foolishness highlights ones darkness.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's not hate, Dear, honestly, it isn't.

The church I belong to doesn't belong to me, Sis. The one that teaches true doctrine is God's church (and surely it's reasonable to believe He can manage keeping one or two afloat) whether I belong to it or not.

love !

If the Bible doesn't boil it down exactly like this, then we just have to take your word for it.

What would you do in our (someone else's) shoes?

Why do we let others' words hurt us so much?

Is this unkind to say?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ephesians 5:25-32

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the CHURCH, AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR IT;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are member of HIS BODY, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning CHRIST AND THE CHURCH.

It is never my intent to hurt others as I'm sure it is NOT the intent of any sincere believers in Christ. We must not have a desire to cause hurt. That would be opposite of Christ's command to love.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are some good Sevvies, SDAs or whatever you want to call them out there that love Jesus, walk with the Lord and live good Christian lives, yeah they have got things wrong in the past and may have a few different beliefs, but at the end of the day they too believe and worship the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
Their doctrinal belief though is they deny you your salvation if you are a sabbath breaking Sunday worshiper. They teach then the person has taken the mark of the beast and belongs to Satan and not God. They are totally works of the law oriented and not grace for salvation as being a free gift to those who believe. They therefore condemn to hell the vast majority of all Christians for the last 2000 years.

That kind of doctrine is another gospel, a false gospel and is accursed.

Galatians 1
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert[a] the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be [b]accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And... The likes of Ellen White I personally find frightening. Ellen G. White's Crazy Quotes
If the foundation is rotten and dead, so will everything be that is built upon that.
And the foundation of SDA is definitely rotten.

How is it a different gospel?
Their church condemns to hell all sabbath breaking Sunday worshipping believers in Christ, saying they have received the mark of the beast. Which means the vast majority of believing Christians through all of time in the NC they condemn as being Satan worshippers.

They do not believe in Christ being the foundation as they deny the salvation of believers in Christ, adding on other things like sabbath keeping.
Romans 10: 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Galatians 1
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert[a] the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be [b]accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
SDA church members believe that all Catholics and Protestants are of the mother of harlots and of the abominations of the earth. So yes, they do not recognize salvation by faith in Christ for all people outside of their church membership. Which proves they are preaching a false gospel and accursed by God. The conclusion is inescapable, they consider only themselves saved, and all other believers in Christ are of the devil and going to hell.

https://executivecommittee.adventis...on-the-mark-of-the-beast-and-end-time-events/
There is no real change in Ellen G. White’s views on the Papacy and Protestantism and their enforcement of the mark of the beast. In order to appreciate her later statements, it is helpful to notice her earlier ones. The earliest statement of Ellen G. White regarding Catholics and Protestants as persecuting powers comes from 1850, in which, based on Revelation 13 and 17, the papacy is described as “the mother of harlots” and Protestants as “her daughters.” Several phases of persecution are described:

Revelation 17
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying [a]to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”

3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of [b]her fornication. 5 And on her forehead a name was written:

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.

6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.

• Love

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My post above also points out their high church authority the executive committee teaches the same thing as here below, that all catholic and protestants are the whore of revelation.

For Seventh-day Adventists, Bible prophecy is all about the SDA Church's struggle against Sunday-keepers, led by Roman Catholicism, whom they accuse of having changed God's day of worship. Bent on identifying Catholicism as an evil entitiy, Seventh-day Adventism manages to pin Catholicism to nearly every evil beast or wicked woman that Bible prophecy portrays! Therefore, it should come as no surprise that Seventh-day Adventism identifies the scarlet beast of Revelation 17, the whore of Revelation 17, and Babylon as Roman Catholicism.

The following quotations are from Revelation Seminars:

1. The Harlot of Revelation 17 is Roman Catholicism.

"'And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH' (Rev. 17:5). The symbolism here is of a great mother church and her daughters. It takes no genius to figure out who this is. The great Roman church claims to be the mother church."1
2. Protestant Churches are also Harlots.

"The daughters who came from her "protested" and pulled away and became known as Protestants. The name Babylon is a family name which includes both mother and children. It is shocking and sobering to realize that God is clearly indicting both mother and daughters as fallen."2
3. God is calling Christians out of Catholic and Protestant Churches to join the SDA Church.
"'And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues' (Rev. 18:4). The command is to God's people. Many are still in Babylon. God is lovingly calling them out before the plagues fall upon Babylon. ... Her false teachings are God's reason for punishing her and calling His people out."

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
They deny salvation by faith in Christ to anyone who is not in their church. If you Johann are not SDA, to them you are going to hell and following Satan. They exclude every Christian believer in Christ from salvation except the ones following their own private doctrines.

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They deny salvation by faith in Christ to anyone who is not in their church. If you Johann are not SDA, to them you are going to hell and following Satan. They exclude every Christian believer in Christ from salvation except the ones following their own private doctrines.
I am not God-so it is not for me to say who is going to Hell-or following Satan.

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Php 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Php 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Php 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

I Thessalonians 2:13 says, “the Word of God…effectually worketh…in you that believe.” God works in us by His Word, and changes our will and desires as we grow and apply it. Our minds, attitude, priorities, worldview, and understanding of life are transformed by the Word of God. Through it we learn to see the world through His eyes and feel with His heart. As God works in us by the Word, His “will” becomes ours, and we will seek to “do” things of “His good pleasure” (Phil. 2:13). And to will and do of God’s good pleasure is about “Look[ing] not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others” (Phil. 2:4). God’s will and desire is for us to put the needs of others first, in love, like Christ did for us at the Cross (Phil. 2:5-8).

In Ephesians 3:20, Paul writes, “Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” Paul says the unlimited power by which Almighty God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask in prayer is the same power that works in us. So there is no limit to what God can do in and through you and me. As God works in us, He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, or could ever conceive, or possibly imagine through you and me!

J.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not God-so it is not for me to say who is going to Hell-or following Satan.

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Php 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Php 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Php 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

I Thessalonians 2:13 says, “the Word of God…effectually worketh…in you that believe.” God works in us by His Word, and changes our will and desires as we grow and apply it. Our minds, attitude, priorities, worldview, and understanding of life are transformed by the Word of God. Through it we learn to see the world through His eyes and feel with His heart. As God works in us by the Word, His “will” becomes ours, and we will seek to “do” things of “His good pleasure” (Phil. 2:13). And to will and do of God’s good pleasure is about “Look[ing] not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others” (Phil. 2:4). God’s will and desire is for us to put the needs of others first, in love, like Christ did for us at the Cross (Phil. 2:5-8).

In Ephesians 3:20, Paul writes, “Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” Paul says the unlimited power by which Almighty God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask in prayer is the same power that works in us. So there is no limit to what God can do in and through you and me. As God works in us, He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, or could ever conceive, or possibly imagine through you and me!

J.
They do not believe the scriptures, just some scriptures, and it is not like I or any person can change someone on the inside. That is what God does when making us born again. We have many warnings from Christ and his apostles that false teachers would be among us.

2 Peter 2
But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction [a]does not slumber.

• Love

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
excerpts

3. Scripture Test
Third, there is the test of submission to Scripture. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14:37–38, “If anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing to you are a command of the Lord. If anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized.” That’s amazing. The authority of the apostles must be submitted to, or you’re a false teacher; you’re not recognized.

John said it this way in 1 John 4:6: “We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.”

“Everybody says true things from time to time — even the devil. But that doesn’t make them reliable teachers.”
In other words, the apostles elevated their teaching to the level of a test of truth. If a person does not submit his thinking and his teaching to the authority of the apostles — to the authorized teachers of Christ who wrote the New Testament — then they’re not going to be reliable teachers. It doesn’t mean they won’t say true things. Everybody says true things from time to time — even the devil. But that doesn’t make them reliable teachers.

4. Gospel Test
Finally, there is the test of the gospel itself. Paul is just red-hot about this one. Galatians 1:8–9:

Even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

And the gospel he had in mind when he said that was the gospel laid out in the book of Galatians, and it’s the gospel of justification by faith alone apart from works of the law. And he sums it up like this in Galatians 5:2–3:

Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision [that is, as a step toward getting right with God in justification], Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law.

In other words, if you insist on law-keeping as a way of justification before God, you’ve got to keep it all, and you’ve got to keep it perfectly. And then he ends with this terrible warning: “You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace” (Galatians 5:4).

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They do not believe the scriptures, just some scriptures, and it is not like I or any person can change someone on the inside. That is what God does when making us born again. We have many warnings from Christ and his apostles that false teachers would be among us.

2 Peter 2
But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction [a]does not slumber.
—II Pet. 2:1,2 As we know, there are many forms of evil in this world. Like the terrorists, false teachers ply their wares in similar fashion. They infiltrate the household of God for the sole purpose of leading men to perdition.

These unscrupulous teachers are the emissaries of Satan who weave a web of deception to secure fame and fortune. Having established that prophecy came through holy men who were moved by the Spirit in time past, Peter reminds his hearers that there were also false prophets among the people of Israel (Duet. 13:1-5).

Then he adds, “even as there shall be false teachers among you,” that is, their posterity. They were not to think that they were exempt from these insidious attacks, nor should we. While the faces of evil may change from generation to generation, the objective to deceive is the same. They are spiritual terrorists!

Who exactly is a false teacher?

First of all, we must distinguish between a false teacher and a teacher who is merely careless or inconsistent with a particular area of the Word of God. For example, C. I. Scofield played a prominent role in the struggle to recover the gospel of the grace of God.

After recently reading his biography, I was deeply touched by his profound dedication to produce a reference Bible that the average reader could understand and enjoy. 8 Berean Searchlight He systematically developed the dispensational themes taught in the Scriptures, placing a special emphasis on the distinction between law and grace.

But Dr. Scofield never fully saw the distinctive character of Paul’s apostleship and message; therefore, he taught that the Church began on the day of Pentecost. While he lacked understanding in certain areas of the Scriptures he nevertheless was faithful to the light God had given him. So then, teaching error through ignorance does not mean a Bible teacher is a false teacher.

Who among us has all truth?

We are all growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is why we emphasize the importance of being a Berean and diligently studying to see if these things are so.

A false teacher is someone who knowingly, deceitfully, and deliberately teaches that which is untrue. We normally associate false teachers with the unregenerate; however, this is not always the case.

Paul wrote to the Galatians regarding his defense of the gospel of the grace of God at Jerusalem: “And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you” (Gal. 2:4,5).

Those who understand the truth of Paul’s apostleship and message, but deny it, and teach what they know to be error are false teachers. But why would a pastor or teacher purposely teach that which is wrong?

The reasons are troubling to say the least, but a few that come to mind are pride, fear of rejection, personal gain, etc. They count the cost, and the cost is just too high. But these brethren seem to have forgotten that they must appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ. What shall be their defense for withholding the truth of Paul’s gospel from those whom God entrusted to their care?

“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not” (II Pet. 2:1-3).

The unregenerate false teachers spoken of here are the masters of deception.

Peter effectively warned his countrymen to beware of those who after his death would lie in wait to deceive. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing. It is important to note that these deceivers “bring in damnable [destructive] heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them.”

They deliberately bring falsehood alongside the truth that they might deceive the unsuspecting.

This is often accomplished by introducing something new as a fuller expression of sound doctrine. Consequently, it is essential to heed the warning: “Beware! Error often rides to its deadly work on the back of the truth.” In addition to teaching unlimited redemption, the above passage also demonstrates that these false teachers denied the very One who provided redemption for them. While they probably taught their hearers that Christ was a great prophet and teacher, they rejected the truth that He was the Redeemer of Israel.

These “wells without water” blatantly denied Christ’s substitutionary death, precious shed blood, and bodily resurrection. They even called into question the inspiration of the Scriptures themselves when they defiantly declared, “Where is the promise of His coming?” (II Pet. 3:4). The trademark of all false teachers is the denial of the Deity of Christ, commonly known as Gnosticism, which was prevalent at that time. But how do these workers of iniquity so effectively mislead their followers?

As Peter says, “many shall follow” them. Since the natural man is inherently religious and would rather believe a lie, he’s easy prey for the “pernicious ways” and “feigned words” of a false teacher. Notice they are identified by their pernicious ways. In other words, they’re outrageous, shameless, and given to excess. These unscrupulous preachers have magnetic personalities that draw men to them. And with “feigned words” or persuasive speech, which could deceive the Devil himself, if it were possible, they lead men to destruction. Mark these words and mark them well, unsound doctrine is always accompanied by ungodly behavior. The two go hand in hand! The goal of these false teachers is to exploit their unwary followers. They are purely out for financial gain; therefore, Peter warns those that are intrigued by their notoriety accordingly, they will “make merchandise of you.” Like a thief, they will rob you blind, while promising you health, wealth, and prosperity. Stop and think, wealth is the crown jewel of most cults. As it has been said, “error goes first class, while the truth goes begging!”

Do you really believe SDA's would deliberately teach demonic doctrines when we might have not all OUR doctrines right?

Grace brother.
J.

• Love

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
—II Pet. 2:1,2 As we know, there are many forms of evil in this world. Like the terrorists, false teachers ply their wares in similar fashion. They infiltrate the household of God for the sole purpose of leading men to perdition.

These unscrupulous teachers are the emissaries of Satan who weave a web of deception to secure fame and fortune. Having established that prophecy came through holy men who were moved by the Spirit in time past, Peter reminds his hearers that there were also false prophets among the people of Israel (Duet. 13:1-5).

Then he adds, “even as there shall be false teachers among you,” that is, their posterity. They were not to think that they were exempt from these insidious attacks, nor should we. While the faces of evil may change from generation to generation, the objective to deceive is the same. They are spiritual terrorists!

Who exactly is a false teacher?

First of all, we must distinguish between a false teacher and a teacher who is merely careless or inconsistent with a particular area of the Word of God. For example, C. I. Scofield played a prominent role in the struggle to recover the gospel of the grace of God.

After recently reading his biography, I was deeply touched by his profound dedication to produce a reference Bible that the average reader could understand and enjoy. 8 Berean Searchlight He systematically developed the dispensational themes taught in the Scriptures, placing a special emphasis on the distinction between law and grace.

But Dr. Scofield never fully saw the distinctive character of Paul’s apostleship and message; therefore, he taught that the Church began on the day of Pentecost. While he lacked understanding in certain areas of the Scriptures he nevertheless was faithful to the light God had given him. So then, teaching error through ignorance does not mean a Bible teacher is a false teacher.

Who among us has all truth?

We are all growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is why we emphasize the importance of being a Berean and diligently studying to see if these things are so.

A false teacher is someone who knowingly, deceitfully, and deliberately teaches that which is untrue. We normally associate false teachers with the unregenerate; however, this is not always the case.

Paul wrote to the Galatians regarding his defense of the gospel of the grace of God at Jerusalem: “And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you” (Gal. 2:4,5).

Those who understand the truth of Paul’s apostleship and message, but deny it, and teach what they know to be error are false teachers. But why would a pastor or teacher purposely teach that which is wrong?

The reasons are troubling to say the least, but a few that come to mind are pride, fear of rejection, personal gain, etc. They count the cost, and the cost is just too high. But these brethren seem to have forgotten that they must appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ. What shall be their defense for withholding the truth of Paul’s gospel from those whom God entrusted to their care?

“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not” (II Pet. 2:1-3).

The unregenerate false teachers spoken of here are the masters of deception.

Peter effectively warned his countrymen to beware of those who after his death would lie in wait to deceive. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing. It is important to note that these deceivers “bring in damnable [destructive] heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them.”

They deliberately bring falsehood alongside the truth that they might deceive the unsuspecting.

This is often accomplished by introducing something new as a fuller expression of sound doctrine. Consequently, it is essential to heed the warning: “Beware! Error often rides to its deadly work on the back of the truth.” In addition to teaching unlimited redemption, the above passage also demonstrates that these false teachers denied the very One who provided redemption for them. While they probably taught their hearers that Christ was a great prophet and teacher, they rejected the truth that He was the Redeemer of Israel.

These “wells without water” blatantly denied Christ’s substitutionary death, precious shed blood, and bodily resurrection. They even called into question the inspiration of the Scriptures themselves when they defiantly declared, “Where is the promise of His coming?” (II Pet. 3:4). The trademark of all false teachers is the denial of the Deity of Christ, commonly known as Gnosticism, which was prevalent at that time. But how do these workers of iniquity so effectively mislead their followers?

As Peter says, “many shall follow” them. Since the natural man is inherently religious and would rather believe a lie, he’s easy prey for the “pernicious ways” and “feigned words” of a false teacher. Notice they are identified by their pernicious ways. In other words, they’re outrageous, shameless, and given to excess. These unscrupulous preachers have magnetic personalities that draw men to them. And with “feigned words” or persuasive speech, which could deceive the Devil himself, if it were possible, they lead men to destruction. Mark these words and mark them well, unsound doctrine is always accompanied by ungodly behavior. The two go hand in hand! The goal of these false teachers is to exploit their unwary followers. They are purely out for financial gain; therefore, Peter warns those that are intrigued by their notoriety accordingly, they will “make merchandise of you.” Like a thief, they will rob you blind, while promising you health, wealth, and prosperity. Stop and think, wealth is the crown jewel of most cults. As it has been said, “error goes first class, while the truth goes begging!”

Do you really believe SDA's would deliberately teach demonic doctrines when we might have not all OUR doctrines right?

Grace brother.
J.
They deny the grace of God in salvation by faith alone. Knowingly? yeah, just the same way people also deny God in Romans 1, but not from true knowledge as they never had that, or they would not say and teach the things they do. They have no light in them, no anointing to know the truth as that comes from God alone by revelation. That is why they are a cultish Christian sect.

Example 1 John 2 verse 27, oh yeah they definitely set themselves apart from the Christian church, they left it. To them all other churches are the whore of Babylon in Revelation 17. And they left the church by special revelation from a woman prophetess who spoke many absurdities and spoke false prophecies that all failed. A prophet sent from God would prophecy true things, not false ones.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you[a] know all things.
21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

Let Truth Abide in You​

24 Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.

26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to [f]deceive you.
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you [g]will abide in Him.

Last edited:
  • Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They deny the grace of God in salvation by faith alone. Knowingly? yeah, just the same way people also deny God in Romans 1, but not from true knowledge as they never had that, or they would not say and teach the things they do. They have no light in them, no anointing to know the truth as that comes from God alone by revelation. That is why they are a cultish Christian sect.
Now note, we are dealing with “Seventh Day Adventism” and not with Seventh Day Adventists. There are many splendid people who are numbered with this sect and we are sure that some of them are saved, in spite of their ignorance of God’s saving message and spiritual program for this day in which we live.

I have replied to a number of inquirers that the curative, or antidote, for this teaching, is “the Pauline truth”, designated by him, “the dispensation of the grace of God” and “the dispensation of the mystery.” Ephesians 3:1 and 2 and 3:8 and 9. The Adventists are as ignorant of this message as though it were not recorded in God’s Holy Word. To my mind, much of the teaching of the Adventists is not only unscriptural, unsound and unspiritual; but it is positively absurd.

Perhaps the most pernicious teaching is their interpretation of Daniel 8:14 and Leviticus 16:9 to 27. If you will read Daniel 8:14 you will find reference to 2,300 days. They interpret this, as years, and they teach that the sanctuary was not cleansed until the nineteenth century A.D. And even then, our sins were not entirely put away. Their interpretation of the sacrifices of the goats, in the 16th of Leviticus, is that the Lord Jesus was the slain goat and Satan is to be the scapegoat. Satan is to be turned loose in darkness for one thousand years, and during that period of darkness there will be the punishment of lawbreakers.

In the light of such-clear statements as I Peter 3:18, John, 19:30, Hebrews 9:14 and Ephesians 2:8 to 13, I am sure that you will agree with me that such teaching can be included in that which the Scriptures call “the damnable heresy”. II Peter 2:1. The Adventists claim to be the children of Israel, and therefore govern themselves by the prophecies made to that nation. They claim that Israel’s sabbath is the Christian’s sabbath and should be observed by the members of the Body of Christ.

According to Exodus 31:13 to 17, the seventh-day sabbath was a sign between Jehovah and the children of Israel. The Adventists claim that only the ceremonial law was done away with at Calvary, and that the moral law is just as binding upon members of the Body of Christ in the dispensation of the grace of God as it was upon Israel during the dispensation of the Law. In the light of Colossians 2:11 to 14, II Corinthians 3:5 to 12, Acts 15:7 to 19 and Romans 10:3 to 7, we see the absolute nonsense of such teaching. We know that even one circumcised is debtor to the whole law. Galatians 5:3. We know there can be no reign of law without Levites to execute judgment upon even the law-breaker who kindles a fire on the Sabbath.

Likewise the one who is debtor to the sabbath is debtor to the whole Law. The Lord Jesus Christ abolished the Law, took out of the way the handwriting of ordinances, which was nailed to His cross. Colossians 2:12 to 14. He took the sabbath to the sepulchre and arose from the dead to be the head of a new creation. By putting away sin, bringing the Law to an end and abolishing death, the Lord Jesus Christ established “the Law of the Spirit of Life in Himself”. Romans 8:2. The language is very plain that Christians are not under the Law. Romans 6:14.

The Apostle Paul was the chosen vessel of the Lord to instruct members of the Body of Christ, and never once did. he say in any message that members of the Body of Christ had any obligation toward Israel’s sabbath. Not once did he give to any member of the Body of Christ the “thou shalt” and “thou shalt nots” of Sinai.

Galatians 3:24 and 25 is the refutation and negation of the legalistic teaching of the Adventists. We quote these two verses: “Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”

We say that some Adventists are saved in spite of their perverted gospel. God’s Book tells us that the perverted gospel, that is, a mixture of law and grace, subverts the soul. Galatians 1:6 to 10 and Acts 15:10 to 19. If the Adventists were really under the Law, as they think they are, they would be under the curse; for there is not one of them, no matter how he may strive to keep the whole Law, who does not offend in one point; therefore he is guilty of all. They teach “soul-sleeping” in contradiction to the plain statements of God’s Book in II Corinthians 5:7 to 10, Philippians 1:10 to 18, Acts 7:47 to 52 and II Peter 1:17 to 21. They also teach annihilation as the punishment for the unsaved. We have mentioned only a few of their unscriptural doctrines, but we mention sufficient to warn Christians against their fallacies and fantasies. Beware of false prophets. “Stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.” Galatians 5:1.

Having said that-I notice there are a lot of Christians on this Forum NOT showing the fruit of the Spirit-Yes?

Gal_5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Eph_5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Shalom
J.

• Love