SHABBAT SHALOM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

So this is a new covenant that is being made with a new generation.
Like God gave Noah the covenant of the Rainbow.
And he has a new name. Jehovah.
So when Enos was born to Seth and man began to call upon the name of the Lord,
what name do you believe he had then?

And if God never changes and does everything perfectly and in order,
why should we not believe that the seventh day was also included in the generations before them?
Interesting, neither the Sabbath day nor the seventh day is mentioned after Genesis 2 till Exodus.

There was no Sabbath or ..

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

So let me try to understand this:

The Sabbath is a coming into God's presence. It is where we find peace.
I am not Jewish, so I only have the common understanding of Sabbath.

From Adam until Moses death reigned.
There was no entrance into his presence.
He would on occasion come and speak with certain ones.
Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob.
God drew close to them.
When Moses freed this new generation, God made it possible for man to come into his presence.
And yet not fully. That is the veil. the curtains.
At that time God established a meeting place and a time. The same 7th day that he had sanctified for himself to rest in.
He invited them in.

And some entered not in because of their unbelief..

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Heb 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
Heb 3:5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Hugs

Reactions: Azim

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse is interesting:

Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Gen 7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
Psa 95:11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Mar 3:5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Grace is space, it is time.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

From Adam until Moses, it was a time of Grace. The law didn't come until Moses.

From creation until Adam was the law.
The laws of everything. Sun moon stars, sowing and harvest, summer and winter, gravity, time.

Adam was in a period of Grace until they broke the law.
Then from Adam to Moses death reigned.
And yet Cain was told he would have dominion over it.

Have dominion over sin.
Does that mean he would overcome it, or own it?
Unto thee shall be his desire.

Luk 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
Luk 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

At this point in time, law is coming to a close and a period of Grace is opening.

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Then what.. Grace and truth versus Law and lie?

This is one of those confusing passages that get a little clearer with time.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

So the day that God gave the command not to eat, it is the same day sin entered into the world.
For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, decieved me, and by it slew me.
What decieved and slew?
Sin.
For without the law, sin was dead. It was a period of Grace.

Grace and law are like breathing in and out.
Creation to Adam = Law. From Adam until the commandment = Grace. From the commandment until Noah= Law

Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

From Noah until Moses = Grace From Moses until Jesus = Law From Jesus until .... = Grace

breathing.. it's cyclical.
God breathed, Jesus breathed... Grace.
Inhaling a time of testing.. holding ones breath.
Will they follow me or go their own way = Law
Man can't keep the law...
Exhale = Grace.

How did they tempt God in the wilderness?
You have to breathe sometime.
They were under Grace until they reached Mt. Sinai.
But they tempted him and provoked him to draw his breath/bow.

Too many moving pieces at the same time.
God is not complicated. It's just our feeble minds can't keep up with him.
:)
Hugs

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath is a coming into God's presence. It is where we find peace.
I am not Jewish, so I only have the common understanding of Sabbath.

No, sabbath means rest. That’s it. Rest. The commanded day of rest was on the 7th day.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The Lord God rested, blessed, and made holy, the seventh day.
The day is given a sabbatical.
And God rested in it.

The seventh day is a day of Grace.
It is a length of time. A place in which to rest it.
Man was given the seventh blessed and holy day to rest in and to give man rest.
The very blessing and holiness of and for that day was extended to man to rest in it.

It's not just any day of the week. It has a purpose. It was created for a unique purpose.
The Day is rested.

6 days there is law, and the 7th day is Grace.
A jubilee. A distinct difference from the other 6th in that there was no work, no law in it.

Consider the 1000 year reign with Christ. That 1000 years is as the Day and the Day is as a thousand years.
Adam lived 930 years. Just 70 years shy of 1 day.
That day God was walking in the garden and sin was found in it.
This blessed and holy day which God had created for the purpose of resting in it , sin was found.

70 years is a generation. Adam lived one generation shy of a millenium.
This generation was flawed.
This is that generation that would not enter in because of their unbelief.

The Sabbath is so much more than just Saturday. It's not just a day of any week.
It's universal and eternal giving rest to the day.
Just because man changes a calendar doesn't change the Day God blessed and made holy.

That Day could be a thousand years.
It could be a Generation or a portion of that day.
Israel was told to observe it every week so they would not forget the significance of what the Day represented.
It is also a future fulfillment of the Millenium yet to come.
And also the period of Grace in which we are.

It's so much more than just a day.
It is The Day of the Lord.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

These 6 collective days of work is also a day.
This period of time for works. working.
From Moses to Jesus was a week of works, the keeping of the law.
Like a classroom, it needed to be learned.
So that on the Day of Grace, the 7th day, no work would be found in it.
The lessons of lawfulness would be engraved on our hearts and minds and soul.

But because man is stubborn and his heart is hard.
God gave them the Sabbath written in stone to mirror their hearts.
And it became work, it became law, because they abused the meaning of it.

That which God gave to man as a blessing, man turned into a curse.

When Jesus came, who IS the DAY.
He is Lord of the Sabbath. It is His Day.
He opened again the entrance to rest in it, to those who had faith and believed.

He opened himself to us to enter in.
Jhn 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

So while some see it this way or some see it that way,
This is how I see the meaning of the creating of the Seventh Day Sabbath.
Jesus IS the Seventh Day... And the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth.
But the 7th was given to us.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

iu

iu

the-us-confirmed-the-data-on-the-attack-on-the-us-military-in-syria.jpg

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

Psa 24:6 10
This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Peace be on you this day of rest."

in other words:
Shabbat Shalom

Hugs