Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This qualified Jesus as the official, only BEGOTTEN son of God.

This also qualified Jesus to be a literal son of man(kind/Mary/David/ seed of Abraham).
No, he was already the Son of God. Putting on flesh made him also the son of man.

Reactions: Taken

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course God was in Jesus. John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh.
The word became Himself?

God was in God, or God was in a human being?

Surely a human being was not God, from the ovary to the grave...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Utterly Ridiculous.
You flat out claimed I said something I did not say.

That is a Lie.
Repeating your Lie, does not improve your credibility.
Don't you believe God was incarnated???

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he was already the Son of God. Putting on flesh made him also the son of man.
The human, begotten son of God put on a layer of flesh?

You are pulling my leg, right?

A Spirit God wears flesh?

Only the RCC could teach that stuff with a straight face.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human, begotten son of God put on a layer of flesh?

You are pulling my leg, right?

A Spirit God wears flesh?

Only the RCC could teach that stuff with a straight face.
I'm not Catholic.
The Bible is clear about the divine nature of the Lord Jesus Christ (see John 1:1-14). Philippians 2:6-7 says that, although Jesus was "in very nature God, He did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness."
Colossians 2:9 , “In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm not Catholic.
The Bible is clear about the divine nature of the Lord Jesus Christ (see John 1:1-14). Philippians 2:6-7 says that, although Jesus was "in very nature God, He did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness."
Colossians 2:9 , “In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”
@Renniks Vital verses indeed...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you believe God was incarnated???

Your comments and question to me and questions to other posters.... I think Reveal a simple answer would not leave you with my understanding or the understanding of some others. So to elaborate a bit...

* God is Spirit...
* He does not Change...

Thus straight off: God Does NOT BECOME "something else"... Ever.

* God DID NOT "become" a Human man.

(Man can Change. Man can become LIKE God, but man cannot BECOME God...and God cannot Change and BECOME a Human man.)

Incarnate-
Embodied-

What is that? ^
It is a SPIRIT (that cannot change)...which CAN ENTER into an EXISTING Human (or animal) Body.

When a SPIRIT enters into a Human Body ...
The Characteristics of THAT SPIRIT now has INFLUENTIAL POWER over THAT BODY.
(Remember SPIRITS have greater POWERS than a natural human)

The Word of God...is IN God, IS God, Is a Thought Representation of God, that can come forth out of Gods Mouth in a Verbal expression of His Thought.
(Same is for a Human man.)

The Word of God... has been coming forth out from Gods Mouth "from the beginning of His Creation"..

His Word has come forth out of His Mouth...
* been heard by men
* been seen in Visions by men
* been embodied and seen by men
... That is recorded in the OT.
... That gives a detail of Gods voice compared to the sound of Thunder.
... That gives no details of what the body particularly looked like, other than, "A" man.
... In the OT...no Name was given...and such encounters became called a man having an encounter with "THE Angel of the LORD"...Specific and distinguished ....NOT "AN" Angel of the LORD.

... Moving into the END of the OT...
... Distinguished by a 400 year passage of time...where BY Human men were not hearing or seeing visions ... a lull in communication of sorts.

... Moving into the NT...
... Distinguished by "These" last days.
( which indicate straight off a particular timeframe something will occur...and there will be other "last days", that other particular things will occur)

... Men alive in "These" last days heard, learned, bit by bit, day by day, as things of "These" last days events were revealed.
... Men alive Today, have the Advantage to Hear, Read, Learn the Accounts of men And their experiences from their perspective who lived During "These" last days.
... And men Today...can hear, read, learn at their own chosen pace. (Never, a couple times, weekly, 2x a year, daily, 20 min a day, 4 hours a day)...personal choice.

"These" Last Days...ARE Specific Days that encompass ... The Presence of The Word of God AND His Power revealed ON Earth.

* The Word of God...came forth out from (God in Heaven) Gods Mouth.
* The Word of God...was Sent TO Earth
* The Word of God...was Sent TO a particular unmarried, Engaged to be married, Virgin Womb, of a Faithful To God, young Jewish Woman, descended from the Genealogical line of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, king David.
* The Word of God...remained in the Woman's Virgin Womb...
...according to the Law of nature 9 months
...during that time the woman became married
... Traveled with her husband (and others) from Her village of Nazareth TO the city of Bethlehem; for the Lawful requirement of Roman Law to be Accounted in a Roman Population Census.
... While in Bethlehem, the 9 month Law of Nature was in effect and the "holy thing" in her Womb came forth out of her Womb...called Born.
... The babe, was called by the Name JESUS.
... The babe, "by man's Law", was the Legal son of the married couple, called Joseph and Mary, Jews from Nazareth.
... Thus the babe's lawful Race was Jewish.
... Thus the babe's lawful Citizenship was Nazarene.

... The woman and man, had both been visited by Angels...before the babe was born.
... They were each told the birth of the babe would occur...and By What name to Call him.
AND...that there would be a point in Time...THAT Babe WOULD be...SHALL BE called...The Son of God.

... The BODY of that Babe...
... What did that Body Look LIKE?
... LIKE ANY other newborn Jewish baby.
... Did that baby, cry, eat, sleep, grow, play like any other baby? Yes.
... And what About that Child's Character?
... Was it Noticed (and written) as the child was reaching TEEN age, THAT child had Extraordinary Insight, knowledge, understanding and Wisdom About God and Godly things? Yes.
... As that child grew into Adult age... did He travel about Preaching About God...like other street preachers of those times? Yes.
... Did He also Preach in the courts of The Temple of Jerusalem? Yes.
... Did He also attend Temple and Read to men in attendance From the Scriptural Scrolls? Yes.
.. Were men in attendance astounded at His claims the Scriptures were specifically Speaking About HIM? Yes.

The Body of that Babe, Child, Adult...
What is IT?
Where did IT come from?

It came forth out from God.
It is the Word of God Who IS God.

But, but, but...
IT came Out of a woman's Womb.

Yes...After IT came forth out from God and by the Power of God was Sent To that Woman's Virgin Womb.

But what About the BODY???
Did the Spirit of God...enter into an Existing humans Body?
No.
How do we know that?
Because the woman's Womb was Virgin.
Humans are reproduced when a human man's "seed" fertilizes a human woman's egg... and that ENDS the woman's Virginity.

So where did the Body come from that The Word of God embodied?

Scripture gives us the Answer...
First of all Specifically...
* the Word of God DID NOT Become EMBODIED into an Existing Living or Dead Body.
* the Word of God DID NOT enter INTO ANY Body.

* God Himself "Prepared" (NOT CREATED, NOT MADE)....PREPARED a Body...specifically for "These Specific End Days".

* The Word of God, Who IS God, Who IS Spirit....TOOK "Upon Himself...which is to say...Took UPON His Spirit, The Body God Prepared.

* A Spirit entering INTO an Existing Body is One thing.
* A Spirit Taking UPON his Existing Spirit (a Body) is another Thing.

Two Completely Different understandings.

Yet CAN be easily Missunderstood by a man...
Why?
Because whether a SPIRIT... enters "into" an existing Body or Takes a Body "upon" His Own Spirit....what a man SEES with his Natural EYES...is the same...a Body that Looks like any other man, will call what they SEE a man...and can PRESUME he comes from a seed of man, is but Dust like any other man and deduce (errorously) he "IS" therefore A Human man.

Continued:

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued:
God Prepared A Specific Body For His Word, For Specific "these last days" of when His Body, that the Word of God, took upon himself, would come to This World and BE seen and heard of men in and of this World..to Accomplish specific things, during "these last days" then Return to God IN Heaven.

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Luke 1
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Heb 10
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Matt 1:
[21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

John 1:
[13] Which were born,
not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Heb 1
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Acts 13:
[33] God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

John 6:
[51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

The Flesh Body:
John 1:
[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Phil 2:
[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, BEING in the form of God,
thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and TOOK UPON HIMSELF ...
the form OF a servant,
and was made in the LIKENESS OF men:
[8] And being found in fashion AS a man he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Heb 10:
[10] By the which will we are sanctified through theoffering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

John 10:
[30] I and my Father are one.

Joh 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Heb 1
[2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

John 16:
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 19:
[28] After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
[29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
[30] When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

While seemingly lengthy, this is merely a brief. But it should reveal to you specifically, where the Word of God came from, and Returned to, what the Word of God looked like, and Why, and That Gods Word accomplished ON Earth what God intended.

You will have to ignore the unnecessary strike through, sorry.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the fire is everlasting, until FOR WHO?

for the earth abid forever? until when? unti the new creation. so good day

PICJAG.

The Fire / Pit IS in the Earth's center.
The Fire IS Everlasting.
Fallen Spirits... are cast into the Fire...
Forever and Ever Those Spirits Are in Torments...Spirits never Die.
Their Forever Torment IS Separation from God.( and since Alive, fully aware of their Separation from God, and no release from that pit).
Since A Spirit, a man IN Christ...is At REST/PEACE with Christ...
A Spirit in the Fire pit Forever Shall Never Have REST/Peace<--- that is their eternal Torment.

Living souls IN hell, Unsaved, are experiencing a separation from God. They ARE Living souls, out of Dead Bodies, Having the same "senses" as when in their living Bodies...they can, hear, see, taste, talk, touch...but they are not ON the Earth, enjoying what we see ON the Earth, seeing flowers, sky, beautiful things, smelling pleasant smells, talking pleasant things, tasting pleasant things, feeling/touching pleasant things....they are in discomfort, hot, thirsty, smell the putrid smell of sulfur, can not have a pleasant talk with God, NOT with God...and no Hope to Be with Him in Rest and Peace...<--- that is Their Torment.

Will they be, after Judgement cast into the Everlasting Fire pit? Yes
To clarify...that is After their Judgement.
Their Body is raised from it Dead state.
Their soul returns to its Body (since a Body can not come back to Life Without a living soul returning to its body)...
The Body (and Soul) stands in Judgement.
It Judgement Is Destruction.
The life in the Soul is Gods and "returns to God."
The physical life of the body became Dead when the natural body's life (its Blood) died.
Once the Life departs the soul and returns to God...
Those vessels...the man's body and the soul HAVE NO LIFE in them.
They...the lifeless Body and lifeless soul are cast into the Fire pit.
What happens in the Fire?
The Body and Soul are Destroyed...Become Ash...
Are they tormented Forever?
What torment can a Dead thing know or feel?
Nothing.

Glory to God,
Taken

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is anything impossible for God?
Yes, according to Jesus in John 4:24, God is a Spirit, not flesh/Spirit combo.

It is impossible for Jesus to accept he was wrong in that statement.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not Catholic.
Egad, those passages you quoted from a ultra modern version say nothing like the KJV.

Who made that one?

Which incarnationist commentator?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No offense here, Truther, but you have received responses from three different members here who don't seem to have a problem with it at all. This is the Debate Forum, which means you're supposed to engage their responses, not bypass everything and continue saying they can't tolerate such a notion, LoL.
ty

Reactions: Hidden In Him

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Big stuff here.
Esau stuff, but yeh
that God "Father's" me through Jesus' body
im glad someone brought this up;
The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son
is thus clarified imo
No matter how you slice it, you have God having a God, even if it is just a smidgin' of God's being having a God.

....unless it was play acting?
nah, you just have to stop ignoring Why do you call Me good? i guess
and best of luck to you, ok?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued:
God Prepared A Specific Body For His Word, For Specific "these last days" of when His Body, that the Word of God, took upon himself, would come to This World and BE seen and heard of men in and of this World..to Accomplish specific things, during "these last days" then Return to God IN Heaven.

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Luke 1
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Heb 10
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Matt 1:
[21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

John 1:
[13] Which were born,
not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Heb 1
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Acts 13:
[33] God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

John 6:
[51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

The Flesh Body:
John 1:
[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Phil 2:
[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, BEING in the form of God,
thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and TOOK UPON HIMSELF ...
the form OF a servant,
and was made in the LIKENESS OF men:
[8] And being found in fashion AS a man he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Heb 10:
[10] By the which will we are sanctified through theoffering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

John 10:
[30] I and my Father are one.

Joh 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Heb 1
[2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

John 16:
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 19:
[28] After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
[29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
[30] When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

While seemingly lengthy, this is merely a brief. But it should reveal to you specifically, where the Word of God came from, and Returned to, what the Word of God looked like, and Why, and That Gods Word accomplished ON Earth what God intended.

You will have to ignore the unnecessary strike through, sorry.

Glory to God,
Taken
Your wrong premise created 2 bad posts.

You said Jesus was incarnate and embodied.

They are in fact opposites of what actually happened.

The story of God and Christ is God was inside Christ, reconciling the world to Himself...2 Cor 5:19

Not God WAS Christ....

All verses must harmonize with this theme.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then why do you use them to prove your opinions when they all agree that you are wrong?
^
bc when one is Standing where it should not be they cannot hear you anyway, and we are even told to give such a one over to satan, that his life/soul might be saved?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Esau stuff, but yeh

im glad someone brought this up;
The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son
is thus clarified imo

nah, you just have to stop ignoring Why do you call Me good? i guess
and best of luck to you, ok?
I don't ignore it.

Jesus said "why callest me good, but there is one good, that is God"....

I celebrate this vernacular from Jesus.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Did Jesus 'really mean" this?...

And Jesus said unto him, Why DONT YOU callest thou me good? I AM good, save one, that is, MYSELF.