Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 3
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

But we already knew all that.
Right. God was revealed inside Jesus His son. (also as per 2 Cor 5:19)

Not, God was MADE INTO flesh as some suggest.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
Why don't you ask God? He said it.
No need I have his written word. night and day is in this world, not the world to come. it's written in his word.
So you're saying Hell is only temporary?
can you now read? Revelation 20:13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."
Revelation 20:14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."
Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
well hell is no more.

as you said, "why don't you ask God?

PICJAG.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

No need I have his written word. night and day is in this world, not the world to come. it's written in his word.

can you now read? Revelation 20:13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."
Revelation 20:14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."
Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
well hell is no more.

as you said, "why don't you ask God?

PICJAG.
"Death" does not mean cease to exist.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Death" does not mean cease to exist.
the second one do.

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

for the former things are passed away, not in the NEW CREATION. BINGO.

PICJAG.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you ask God? He said it.

Revelation 20:10 And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Read again...That applies to: "they" Specific.
[10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

There is no "deceived them"...being tormented for ever and ever.

Understand...eternal Torment can only apply to a Life that cannot Die.
Spirits can not Die.
* Terrestrial (Earthly) beings are Not spirits....they can not experience torment Forever and Ever.
* Celestrial beings Are Eternal Spirits, that can not Die.
Their eternal torment is NOT oochie ouchie Fire or the Stink of Brimstone (Sulfur).
Their Eternal Torment IS the utter "Absence of REST". ( in any manner of peace, comfort, contentment, etc.)

Tormented "day and night", "Forever and Ever"... is simply Notification that AT NO Time will there be Reprieve, so they (the devil, the beast, the False Prophet) CAN experience a Time of REST.

Glory to God,
Taken

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the second one do.

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

PICJAG.
The part you quoted is ONLY for those who are saved. The rest will burn in Hell "forever and ever".

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the second one do.

PICJAG.
Matthew 25:41
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

And that will include those who chop out parts of the Bible they don't like, I.E. the eternal fire.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you still don't understand, be well.

PICJAG.
you still don't understand, be well.

PICJAG.
Our only hope is salvation before we die.

"being in torments"
"I am tormented in this flame"
"you are tormented"
"this place of torment"
"between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us"

Luke 16
22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.' 27 Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:41
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

And that will include those who chop out parts of the Bible they don't like, I.E. the eternal fire.
the fire is everlasting, until FOR WHO?

for the earth abid forever? until when? unti the new creation. so good day

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our only hope is salvation before we die.

"being in torments"
"I am tormented in this flame"
"you are tormented"
"this place of torment"
"between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us"

Luke 16
22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.' 27 Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'
SEE THE TOPIC ON THIS SUBJECT.