Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still trying to understand here . . .

It seems to me that one of these must describe your POV,

The Father God becomes the Son God.
or
The Father God stops being God and the Son God is then God
or
The Son God becomes a second God, so that there are two Gods
or
the Son does not actually become God, but is God in name, or some other sense, while not actually BEING God.

Can you help narrow this down?

Much love!
The Everlasting Father. "fathers" us through the body of His human son(not alongside him).

The Mighty God, "God's" us through the body of His human son(not alongside him).

This is how the baby that became a man, died and resurrected as a quickening omnipresent human spirit, then had a (Col 2:9) transformation happen to his post resurrection body.

He was full of the Holy Ghost per Luke 4:1 on earth, but fully indwelled by all of what his God consists of after resurrecting.

All the while, the onmipresent quickening spirit(Jesus) never lost his identity as an individual with a God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man CANNOT be MADE God! Are you a SciFi fanatic?
Nope.

But if God is is inside an omnipresent spirit man, and not a smidgin' of the Godhead is outside his body, that man is God by default.

...even if he is permitted to keep his individuality.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's that easy?

And silly me! I study Greek and have actual books! All this time I could have just talked to SIRI!
Might as well.

How do you think your sources got their books?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would rather look at the original language than to use a deficient second-hand bad interpretation in Old English as somehow superior to first-hand language.
Nobody knows the exact meanings of ancient Greek anymore.

An example is Strongs.

It says a Greek word can mean this, this or this...

Leaving God's word open ended and subjective.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look.

Face it, if you and I get a PHD, we can use Google to make our own modern translation. That is all we need to con folks into buying our stuff.

Keep in mind though, we must make sure our work is about 50,000 words different than the hundreds of modern versions to avoid copyright infringement issues, all the while, keeping our work as close to being considered the "word of God" as possible..
It doesn't take a Ph.D. to figure out that "from" or "since" does not mean "before."

The King James was copyrighted in it's day, and is still copyrighted in England. No version "owns" words, they are protected from lazy people who would steal instead of going through the expense and time to do so.

Obviously, according to your conclusions, the King James is just a "con."

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody knows the exact meanings of ancient Greek anymore.

An example is Strongs.

It says a Greek word can mean this, this or this...

Leaving God's word open ended and subjective.
English is by far the most difficult language to learn in the world because of its ridiculously expansive variations and meanings.

Let's take a look at the word "FOR"... nobody knows the exact meaning of it in English (according to you) since it has so many variables!

1. I phoned the Doctor for (in order to) some medicine.

2. I phoned the Doctor for (in behalf of) my child.

3. I phoned the Doctor for (on account of) my sickness.

4. I phoned the Doctor for (with respect to) the bill he sent.

A large extent of Old English in the King James is far beyond your ability to parse it on your own. You have to have someone explain it to you. Cults love the King James because the people are at the mercy of the preacher to tell them what he makes it up to say!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't take a Ph.D. to figure out that "from" or "since" does not mean "before."

The King James was copyrighted in it's day, and is still copyrighted in England. No version "owns" words, they are protected from lazy people who would steal instead of going through the expense and time to do so.

Obviously, according to your conclusions, the King James is just a "con."

Did you know the modern versions of the "word of God" are forced to be 50,000 words different than each other per copyright law?

If you times this by the number of modern versions, they still represent the word of God?

The word of God is that vague?

The KJV was only copyrighted in it's day in(for) the British isles. This was to keep it from subtle changes.

It is free to reproduce throughout the rest of the world.

Exact opposite of the modern versions.

Where are you publishing? In the US, the KJV is in public domain and there are no restrictions. But in the UK, the translation is owned by the crown and published by Cambridge, and there are restrictions and notification rules similar to those for other translations.

Is the KJV Bible copyrighted?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the mind/will of God, yes.

It(future) is reality to a God that transcends time.
OK, so then Jesus didn't exist in the beginning with God, but God was communicating with Jesus an a reality He hadn't yet created?

How did Jesus come to be? When did He begin?

Much love!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
English is by far the most difficult language to learn in the world because of its ridiculously expansive variations and meanings.

Let's take a look at the word "FOR"... nobody knows the exact meaning of it in English (according to you) since it has so many variables!

1. I phoned the Doctor for (in order to) some medicine.

2. I phoned the Doctor for (in behalf of) my child.

3. I phoned the Doctor for (on account of) my sickness.

4. I phoned the Doctor for (with respect to) the bill he sent.

A large extent of Old English in the King James is far beyond your ability to parse it on your own. You have to have someone explain it to you. Cults love the King James because the people are at the mercy of the preacher to tell them what he makes it up to say!
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Back to the topic.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so then Jesus didn't exist in the beginning with God, but God was communicating with Jesus an a reality He hadn't yet created?

How did Jesus come to be? When did He begin?

Much love!
Easy.

God knew Jesus personally before his birth.

God is smart.

God also knew Jeremiah before his conception too...

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

God is smart and can do that kinda stuff.

Agreed?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does this mean?
This...

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Not alongside or around him.

God is our God THROUGH Jesus, not as Jesus.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This...

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Not alongside or around him.

God is our God THROUGH Jesus, not as Jesus.
So then Jesus, to you, isn't God at all. Is that right?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible it tells us that those who will be in heaven with Jesus will have a resurrection like Jesus who was given immortality and inherited incorruption. No human is immortal all humans are mortal. Jesus wasn't raised back to life as a human
Your opinions don't overrule the Christian Bible.

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

NWT John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and MY GOD".

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would rather look at the original language than to use a deficient second-hand bad interpretation in Old English as somehow superior to first-hand language.
A man cannot be MADE GOD. I can't imagine how confused your students of 40 years are.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.

But if God is is inside an omnipresent spirit man, and not a smidgin' of the Godhead is outside his body, that man is God by default.

"By default"? Where do you find that in the Bible? Why don't you just write your own bible?

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Reactions: Candidus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.

Glad you're finally admitting Jesus is "omnipresent"! That makes Him God!