Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I believe the written Bible contains God's order, but without the Holy Spirit no man can see or understand it. Even those who do see very much through a glass darkly... according to what I see. The reason the Holy Spirit is not greeted is part of my understanding, which I believe was Paul's when he wrote as he did.

Have you ever gone into an empty room bringing nothing with you and then simply allowing God? You gave me an opinion about greetings based on your preconceived notion or belief that God is a Trinity. Every morning for many years I go to God empty and let Him refill me with the same things, or new things or changed things. That in conjunction with my reading and study of scriptures allows growth and I have grown since 1976 when I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost. One of the first things I had to learn was to unlearn ideas I had picked up in very secular experiences and beliefs especially my time in the US Army and in college. Then some of my Catholic ideas had to go and finally the problems encountered in the Oneness Jesus Only groups. Finally God called me also out of the places I was most recently which were neither Trinitarian or Oneness.

I am certainly closer to God than I have been in the past, but really not very close at all considering the possibilities of which God has made me aware.

You commend the bible that shows Gods order, but yet doubt the trinitarian truth! I realize the word is a made up word but it describes the biblical truth.

YOur last line here puzzles me. How can you be closer to God than you ever have been when you are not even sure if He is but one, two or three persons?

If you had excluded the word, "triune" and your reference to "eternity past" what you said in this last quoted part it might have been close to what I have said at times. I won't try to explain further what I do believe as it would be just that, a belief. Do I have faith in God? That is my focal point and has been for many years. What is the difference between faith in God and a belief? That is part of my answer, but my answer changes as I grow. How do I grow? As I have said...! Some of it happens on this forum as well.

Well it was in eternity past (time before time) and the counsel of the Godhead. that is just basic Scripture.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not two Yahweh's, but Jesus is the ALMIGHTY manifest in the flesh.

Compare the following references:

The Lord God is the Creator. Isaiah 42:5.
The Lord Jesus is the Creator. John 1:3-10.

The Lord God said, "I am He." Isaiah 43:10.
The Lord Jesus said, "I am He." John 8:24.

The Lord God is the only Saviour. Isaiah 43:10-11.
The Lord Jesus is the Saviour. Titus 1:4.

The Lord God shall reign forever. Psalms 146:10.
The Lord Jesus reign forever. Luke ‪1:33‬.

The Lord God is the King of Israel. Isaiah 43:15.
The Lord Jesus is the King of Israel. Matt 27:37.

The Lord God is the First and the Last. Isaiah 44:6.
The Lord Jesus is the First and the Last. Revelation 1:8.

Do you remember what Jesus said, while he taught in the temple? Jesus said...

Luke 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus is the First AND the Last.
He is the Alpha AND the Omega.

I agree with everything here! so what is your disagreement with me. Now I am confused as to your issue.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You commend the bible that shows Gods order, but yet doubt the trinitarian truth! I realize the word is a made up word but it describes the biblical truth.

YOur last line here puzzles me. How can you be closer to God than you ever have been when you are not even sure if He is but one, two or three persons?
Your needle is definitely stuck. I have a vision of God which is growing clearer each day. I don't even choose all my questions much less my answers... when I am in the Spirit. The answer to your question is in the hands of God and I am in His hands.

Well it was in eternity past (time before time) and the counsel of the Godhead. that is just basic Scripture.
I have a different idea of what time is or isn't. You should read what @ScottA says about time for God and for man sometime. You may not agree, but hopefully your heart will be open to listen. Scott used to be here quite a bit, and he still comes around once in a while.

Reactions: Helen

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with everything here! so what is your disagreement with me. Now I am confused as to your issue.
The OP suggests the theme of the Bible is "God INSIDE Jesus". What is your opinion?

We are saying that right now, the Holy Ghost is God inside Jesus...inside us.(John 14 and John 17).

Reactions: APAK

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your needle is definitely stuck. I have a vision of God which is growing clearer each day. I don't even choose all my questions much less my answers... when I am in the Spirit. The answer to your question is in the hands of God and I am in His hands.

I have a different idea of what time is or isn't. You should read what @ScottA says about time for God and for man sometime. You may not agree, but hopefully your heart will be open to listen. Scott used to be here quite a bit, and he still comes around once in a while.

How do you check you rvision as to how correct or incorrect it is? I have my anser. I do not fully understand it, for how can finite understand infinite. But I do accept What His god breathed Inspired Word says about HImself.

As for time? All our musings are just that musings. We can be 100% right or wrong and we have no way of testing our positing. God is self existent since eterntiy past. that is a terrifying thought for we are finite and think linearly from a bginning to an end. We can imagine never ending but never beginning? That is a pondering I hate to do.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP suggests the theme of the Bible is "God INSIDE Jesus". What is your opinion?

We are saying that right now, the Holy Ghost is God inside Jesus...inside us.(John 14 and John 17).

If by that they mean God the Father inhabited Jesus- that is ludicrous! John 1:1 shows that to be a complete falsehood.

John 1:1
King James Version

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

this shows two seperate entities.

But if we want to say God was in Jesus, then we also have to say Jesus was in God the Father!

John 10:38
But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If by that they mean God the Father inhabited Jesus- that is ludicrous! John 1:1 shows that to be a complete falsehood.

John 1:1
King James Version

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

this shows two seperate entities.

But if we want to say God was in Jesus, then we also have to say Jesus was in God the Father!

John 10:38
But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
You don't think God was inside Jesus, doing the works THROUGH him?...

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you check you rvision as to how correct or incorrect it is?
My answer is in the empty room I mentioned in post #1159 and/or as seen in the lowest room here:

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

Another way to see it is by having a "perfect heart"? Men often miss what God means by perfect!

I have my anser. I do not fully understand it, for how can finite understand infinite. But I do accept What His god breathed Inspired Word says about HImself.

As for time? All our musings are just that musings. We can be 100% right or wrong and we have no way of testing our positing. God is self existent since eterntiy past. that is a terrifying thought for we are finite and think linearly from a bginning to an end. We can imagine never ending but never beginning? That is a pondering I hate to do.
Pondering can be a good thing, but not establishing ATs... When I am alone with God, especially early in the morning each day, I ponder and/or meditate and/or talk and/or listen and/or...? The testing is in God Himself. The Holy Spirit is never wrong, but people regularly quench the Spirit and then they as a result have "debatable points" and a multitude of denominations... And they wonder why...?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not two Yahweh's, but Jesus is the ALMIGHTY manifest in the flesh.

Compare the following references:

The Lord God is the Creator. Isaiah 42:5.
The Lord Jesus is the Creator. John 1:3-10.

The Lord God said, "I am He." Isaiah 43:10.
The Lord Jesus said, "I am He." John 8:24.

The Lord God is the only Saviour. Isaiah 43:10-11.
The Lord Jesus is the Saviour. Titus 1:4.

The Lord God shall reign forever. Psalms 146:10.
The Lord Jesus reign forever. Luke ‪1:33‬.

The Lord God is the King of Israel. Isaiah 43:15.
The Lord Jesus is the King of Israel. Matt 27:37.

The Lord God is the First and the Last. Isaiah 44:6.
The Lord Jesus is the First and the Last. Revelation 1:8.

Do you remember what Jesus said, while he taught in the temple? Jesus said...

Luke 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus is the First AND the Last.
He is the Alpha AND the Omega.

And Jesus is also Yahweh with His Father and the Holy Spirit!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer is in the empty room I mentioned in post #1159 and/or as seen in the lowest room here:

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

Another way to see it is by having a "perfect heart"? Men often miss what God means by perfect!

Pondering can be a good thing, but not establishing ATs... When I am alone with God, especially early in the morning each day, I ponder and/or meditate and/or talk and/or listen and/or...? The testing is in God Himself. The Holy Spirit is never wrong, but people regularly quench the Spirit and then they as a result have "debatable points" and a multitude of denominations... And they wonder why...?

Well I know not of what empty room, for you spoke of none in post 1159. Unless it was a metaphorical empty room, that you knew but no one else.

So you believe that man can not absolute truths?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I know not of what empty room, for you spoke of none in post 1159. Unless it was a metaphorical empty room, that you knew but no one else.

So you believe that man can not absolute truths?
Man can know ATs, but he is not, I believe, able to say for certain which things he holds are ATs from God and which ones his own beliefs held in error. Because he does not know he needs to continue opening himself up to God so that God can change him where he needs to be changed... but it is all according to God's time. Man want to make it his own time, but men does not know even his own time for things. He needs to be led by God, but if he will not he will find trouble...at the very least.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only if we deny the Bible.

Matt 28 ... baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

And what is that NAME? Let's take a look...

1. Without doubt the name of the Son is Jesus, for the angel told Joseph, “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS” (Matthew 1:21).

2. Jesus said, “I am come in my Father’s name” (John5:43). He said to the Father, “I have manifested thy name ... I have declared unto them thy name” (John17:6, 26). The Old Testament predicted that the Messiah would declare God's name (Psalm 22:22 and Hebrews 2:12). Jesus received His name by inheritance (Hebrews 1:4). The name that Jesus actually received, came in, manifested, and declared was Jesus. When He performed miracles, it was the name of Jesus that was broadcast from person to person and village to village. In short, the Father has revealed Himself to the world by the name of Jesus.

3. Jesus also said, “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things” (John 14:26). People receive the Holy Spirit by turning away from sin and turning to Jesus in faith. In short, they receive the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus.

The name of the Father is Jesus.
The name of the Son is Jesus.
The name of the Holy Spirit is Jesus.

And, that is why ALL baptisms were done in Jesus name and thus fulfilling the Great Command of Matthew 28:19

God Bless!

Reactions: Truther

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptized in the Name of Jesus after I was saved.

followers o fChrist need to be baptized in teh name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

Matthew 28:18-20
King James Version

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.