Sharing a Dream I had..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't bother. Just enjoy the fact that you had a crazy dream that gave you a laugh. I recently had a dream about being with the British actor Rowan Atkinson on a bus full of Jehovah's Witnesses! How's that for craziness?
Out of curiosity, were any of the jehovah witnesses midgets?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him So, why were you without any clothes? o_O
@Waiting on him
Our clothes are our covering. In the Garden before disobedience the inhabitants were naked. When they disobeyed God they needed and felt a need to be covered. They covered themselves [leaves] and God gave them a better covering [skins] and finally He sent His Son so that we have the very best of coverings. When we are naked, we are fully exposed!

When men first became aware and ashamed of his nakedness, they made an effort to cover their shame:

"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons." Gen 3:7

But... God recognized that man's own covering would always fall short. He provided a temporary covering until it was time for Jesus...

"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them." Gen 3:21

The inadequacy of the temporary covering is made clearer was shown here with regard to a high priest, Joshua, one of the descendants of Aaron here:

"Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by." Zech 3:3-5

John the Baptist was as the forerunner of Jesus and baptized people in water showing them that they were to be covered completely, but it was still only a type or shadow of the real thing that was to come through Jesus:

"For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized [immersed, covered] with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:5

The Holy Ghost is our real covering, which if not quenched will cover us against the darts or arrows of our adversaries. Consider Peter's words:

"And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins." I Peter 4:8

Real charity [Love] only comes to whosoever will by and through the Holy Ghost.

Dec 8, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Jennifer, that is what I had also thought almost 3 years ago. Not so! lol...we are imperfect people and... 'The wheat has to grow with the tares" ! But, a wonderful woman (whom I barely see on here anymore, @Helen told me to toughen up...I find I have learned from even the most unkind people on here over time, you just learn discernment and... the "ignore" tab can be useful if it gets hot and heavy but, for the most part...it is doctrinal issues that everyone has a different view of that starts so much of it. Don't get scared away, there are still many wonderful and kind spirited people on here. Even though we are "typing", the spirit of a person comes out in a person, just the same :) And, your spirit tells me you are a gentle and sensitive person so...there are those who will have your back, so to speak, lol. We all (well, maybe not "all"), love The Lord on here and mostly (at least for myself) are looking for fellowship and learning from one another but...there are as many different answers as there are people on the forum if asked the same question, lol.
You will be fine!

In Him,
Nancy
Thank you Nancy. I truly appreciate your kind words.

Reactions: Nancy