Sharing a Dream I had..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha! That is so very funny! :D I knew you'd pop up here before long.

I'm not against dreams as such, as I posted just before. I have all sorts of dreams, most of which I say to the Lord, "That was a crazy one, which I'm, not even going to try to interpret". I think I described some of my other dreams on CF.
Some recurring dreams have been:
As a teacher trying to find the classroom where I am supposed to be teaching.
Knowing that I am going to be late for work.
Trying to stop my car with failing brakes.
Driving backwards at speed worrying that I might hit something.
Trying to get through narrow doorways.
Being trapped in some way and yelling for help (woke up groaning).
Meeting my deceased father and saying the things I always wanted to tell him.

I guess that there are New Age sites which would provide the appropriate symbolism to show a possible interpretation to these dreams, but I just don't go there.

Also, I have a problem when people start to depend on dreams and visions as their principal method of guidance, and instead of letting their fingers do the walking through Scripture, ask God for a dream or vision instead.

In my first year of teaching (1987), my supervising teacher was a bully. She didn't want a male typing teacher in her department so she did what she could to scupper my teaching career before it even started. I could quite clearly imagine her riding a broom! :p
I had a dream once that I was in a police car with two officers and a midget in the front seat, in the dream I was butt naked and we were in a high speed chase. The crazy thing was I was driving the car. I’ve always hoped someone would interpret it for me?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I had a dream once that I was in a police car with two officers and a midget in the front seat, in the dream I was butt naked and we were in a high speed chase. The crazy thing was I was driving the car. I’ve always hoped someone would interpret it for me?
You missed your calling at barnum and bailey.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
To think that you have to watch out for people on Christian forum is quite sad to me.
It is always good to have a contrary view of something like dreams and visions, seeing that nine out of every ten come from the world, flesh, or the devil. As Peter taught, we have to be sober and vigilant knowing that the devil goes around like a roaring lion seeking whom he my devour.

I think it was John who said not to believe every spirit, but to test all things and hold fast to that which is good. Our basis for testing are the Scriptures, because we know that the Scriptures are unassailable truth. It is like making a table. One has to measure, and measure again, before cutting the wood. I ruined a musical instrument I was making because I failed to measure properly and cut the neck too long and then put the frets in before checking to see that the distance between the nut and the 12th fret, being the same to the bridge enabled the bridge to put in the middle of the body of the guitar. What happened was that the distance was too great and the bridge was situated too far back and I had to cut some of the neck off to put it right. To cut a long story short, I had to throw my work away, because I also forgot to check other bits that would have kept the instrument in tune. I should have checked with the template before I started cutting the wood.

The same principle applies to dreams, visions, impressions, preaching, manifestations, and any other that offers spiritual guidance; especially personal prophecy which, if false, can transfer a spirit of divination which can cause all sorts of problems. We have to measure all things carefully with the rule of Scripture and if it doesn't line up, we have to immediately renounce it before some spirit that is not of God jumps out at us.

There are many false teachers, prophets, cults, etc., out there that would snare an unsuspecting believer into the web and bring him or her into bondage to deceiving spirits. These deceiving spirits target the most effective believers - the ones who are likely to cause the kingdom of darkness more damage.

You wouldn't go crossing a busy road without looking both ways, because you know that there is a distinct likelihood of getting hit and killed. Therefore, if we are careful about crossing a busy road, how much more careful do we need when dealing with dreams, visions, voices, and impressions?

Yes, you need the armour. The armour of God as listed in Ephesians 6.

There is a good book to read: "Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices" by Thomas Brooks. This can be downloaded as a pdf document. Also, another book, "War On The Saints" by Jesse Penn-Lewis is another book that is very helpful.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Don't bother. Just enjoy the fact that you had a crazy dream that gave you a laugh. I recently had a dream about being with the British actor Rowan Atkinson on a bus full of Jehovah's Witnesses! How's that for craziness?

Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We have to measure all things carefully with the rule of Scripture
Indeed!

The armour of God as listed in Ephesians 6.

There is a good book to read: "Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices" by Thomas Brooks. This can be downloaded as a pdf document. Also, another book, "War On The Saints" by Jesse Penn-Lewis is another book that is very helpful.

There is also William Gurnall's 'The Christian in Complete Armour', a study in Ephesians 6.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that there are New Age sites which would provide the appropriate symbolism to show a possible interpretation to these dreams, but I just don't go there.

Yes, only they likely don't provide many interpretations advising people to dwell in the Presence of the Living God and the Lord Jesus Christ, LoL. I'm not even sure New Agers know what the manifest Presence of the Lord Jesus Christ is.
Also, I have a problem when people start to depend on dreams and visions as their principal method of guidance, and instead of letting their fingers do the walking through Scripture, ask God for a dream or vision instead.

I almost never find that people ask for visions or dreams. A few do, but the vast majority simply receive them without ever requesting to, and some dreams are so pronounced that they feel the need to share them. To say all or even most who do are doing so because they put their dreams over scripture is a mischaracterization to me.

Now granted, you may be interpreting what is happening with dreams in light of some of the things that happened with you back when you were giving personal prophecies to people. But I stopped doing one-on-one interpretation a long time ago. I interpret things posted in public from time to time like I did here, but for the most part I interpret only for those I know receive from God (one woman in particular).

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To think that you have to watch out for people on Christian forum is quite sad to me.

Yes Jennifer, that is what I had also thought almost 3 years ago. Not so! lol...we are imperfect people and... 'The wheat has to grow with the tares" ! But, a wonderful woman (whom I barely see on here anymore, @Helen told me to toughen up...I find I have learned from even the most unkind people on here over time, you just learn discernment and... the "ignore" tab can be useful if it gets hot and heavy but, for the most part...it is doctrinal issues that everyone has a different view of that starts so much of it. Don't get scared away, there are still many wonderful and kind spirited people on here. Even though we are "typing", the spirit of a person comes out in a person, just the same :) And, your spirit tells me you are a gentle and sensitive person so...there are those who will have your back, so to speak, lol. We all (well, maybe not "all"), love The Lord on here and mostly (at least for myself) are looking for fellowship and learning from one another but...there are as many different answers as there are people on the forum if asked the same question, lol.
You will be fine!

In Him,
Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL. Farouk never misses an opportunity to discuss it though, does he. :)

Good perspective. :) And despite his better qualities, Paul Christensen is one of the ones you'll need some armor for. Though politely, he won't hesitate to inform you that instead of being from God your dreams are suspect, and if you're not careful you may be riding around on a broom soon, LoL.

God bless, and that's why I gave you the heads up. ;)

"LoL. Farouk never misses an opportunity to discuss it though, does he. :)"
No he does not brother...especially as I have asked repeatedly to stop tagging me in his threads but, he does not listen, OR...maybe he just want's to annoy perhaps?? Hmm...not so sure but. might have to use the I thingy again... :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just sharing an experience with my sister and family here. I am sorry if I offended you. (But I do not regret sharing it.)
I'm not offended just confused.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't bother. Just enjoy the fact that you had a crazy dream that gave you a laugh. I recently had a dream about being with the British actor Rowan Atkinson on a bus full of Jehovah's Witnesses! How's that for craziness?
Wow, I live in Rowan county, there has to be some message here for the body of Christ. We need an interpreter.