Should believers fear Hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

Demons cannot get into your mind useless you have let them in. If you are a Christian, order them out in the Name of Jesus Christ. We have power over Satan and his people, Use it!

Didn't I just say that?? I certainly thought i had!! Demons have no true power over us, but you can bettcha Satan loves any time he manages to make us waver in our faith and certainty. I think one of the biggest way Satan attacks Christians is by making them think he doesn't interact with them at all. I'm not saying we see Satan in every bad thing...let's face it, both the world and our own sin nature accounts for a lot...but we really need to be aware that we have an enemy who would love nothing more than to see the death of every human alive...especially those who call Jesus Lord.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Didn't I just say that?? I certainly thought i had!! Demons have no true power over us, but you can bettcha Satan loves any time he manages to make us waver in our faith and certainty. I think one of the biggest way Satan attacks Christians is by making them think he doesn't interact with them at all. I'm not saying we see Satan in every bad thing...let's face it, both the world and our own sin nature accounts for a lot...but we really need to be aware that we have an enemy who would love nothing more than to see the death of every human alive...especially those who call Jesus Lord.

I was responding more to Templar81, than you.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Yes, rach I ahve called on god in many of those dreams. Sometiems I dream that I cannot get the words out and it isthose wones that frighten me. I wodner if it is a form os sleep paralysys that is coupled witha night terror. Many many times though i ahve got rid of demons in my dreams when I have enough lucidity and control. Sometimes I say "IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT," and that oftne workds and I can actually fell my hand making the sign of the cross as I do it. I do feel like I am realy doing this with authoirty and I think to a point I have trained myself to be able to call on God in this way, and it really works.

I've very rarely had any nice dreams bout Heaven but once I remember I was totally exhausted when I ahd been up all night and had been drinking lots of coffee and the cafine seemed to be making my mind feel very odd, sort of jittery and jumpy. As I was about to fall asleep I could feel a nightmare coming on and it felt like I was being puled down into a very uneasy sleep. Then I saw a very bright white light and I remember it was like acamera zooming out and I saw that the white light was part of the face of a lamb and as it zoomed out further I could see the lamb's eyes and nose and I kind of knew what I was seeing and felt a combination of awe, respect and a kind of fear but not bad fear (difficult to explain). The lamb did not move or make a noise but words appeared in my mind with a voice that was filled with power and warmth and it said "don't worry, rest and don't be afraid." The image melted away and I slept for about 4 horus but those four hors were the best 4 horus sleep I'd ever had and when I woke I felt like I could run up and down down mountains.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes, rach I ahve called on god in many of those dreams. Sometiems I dream that I cannot get the words out and it isthose wones that frighten me. I wodner if it is a form os sleep paralysys that is coupled witha night terror. Many many times though i ahve got rid of demons in my dreams when I have enough lucidity and control. Sometimes I say "IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT," and that oftne workds and I can actually fell my hand making the sign of the cross as I do it. I do feel like I am realy doing this with authoirty and I think to a point I have trained myself to be able to call on God in this way, and it really works.

I've very rarely had any nice dreams bout Heaven but once I remember I was totally exhausted when I ahd been up all night and had been drinking lots of coffee and the cafine seemed to be making my mind feel very odd, sort of jittery and jumpy. As I was about to fall asleep I could feel a nightmare coming on and it felt like I was being puled down into a very uneasy sleep. Then I saw a very bright white light and I remember it was like acamera zooming out and I saw that the white light was part of the face of a lamb and as it zoomed out further I could see the lamb's eyes and nose and I kind of knew what I was seeing and felt a combination of awe, respect and a kind of fear but not bad fear (difficult to explain). The lamb did not move or make a noise but words appeared in my mind with a voice that was filled with power and warmth and it said "don't worry, rest and don't be afraid." The image melted away and I slept for about 4 horus but those four hors were the best 4 horus sleep I'd ever had and when I woke I felt like I could run up and down down mountains.
Plead the Blood.

Revelation 12:11 (ESV)
[sup]11 [/sup]And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Yes, that was the Lamb of God that I saw and it totally pushed the nightmare out of my brain. Whenever i get doubts I try to remember that experience.

I ahve no doubt that I wa seeing the Lamb of God. Lamb of God, you tka eaway the sin of the world ahve mercy on us, Lamb of God you take away the sin of the world have mercy on us, Lamb of God you take away the sin of the world grant us peace.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

I was responding more to Templar81, than you.

Okay! It's just that sometimes I do wonder if I manage to verbalise what I'm thinking clearly. Ta.

I feel I have to ask you, as I believe templar did...have you thought about why you may be having so many disturbing/demonic dreams? I really believe that when a Christian is under such direct and constant attack it has to be one of two reasons. They could, unknowingly, be leaving something in their lives that gives Satan an in, or, conversely, they could be doing so well in God's work, that Satan wants to directly undermine them.
So, I suppose that while it's good you can call on Jesus' name when a dream occurs, I really think you should take a step back and ask yourself why they might be happening.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
It might be guilt because of sin. Even when sin has been forgiven it is so easy to just accumulate more sins without even thinking or having to do much at all. it's like washing a white shirt only to get a stain on it straight after you've put it on.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there an example in the Bible of demonic dreams?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Is there an example in the Bible of demonic dreams?

I don't know that it's demonic 'dreams' really, but you know that dreams can echo what's going on around you. I remember blowing in my sister's face when we were little and she woke with a start and said she dreamt of a huge blowing wind!
My point is that I think when a demon seeks to scare and undermine a Christian, what better time when they are asleep and do not have a clear mind. I know of one pastor...a truly Godly man who would not make such a thing up; he said one night he woke from a bad dream and felt something on his chest, crushing him into the bed. He ordered the demon away with the blood of Christ, but in the morning he was covered with bruises.
Satan is real, demons are real and their hate for us is even more passionate then for the unsaved. As I said before, we don't want to go seeing demons in every event, but to not be aware that we have an enemy, and that enemy wants nothing more than our defeat and death, well, that's just giving Satan advantage. There is no doubt that demonic possession was seen in Jesus' day. Not of believers maybe, but we can easily see that Satan and his workers were at work. As far as Christian, ah, oppression went, Paul says that he was given a thorn, a messenger of Satan, which kept him from becoming conceited. We can also assume that the very great opposition that Christians did and do face may very well be demonically inspired.
Anyway, I think my point is that we should never assume that Satan does not do his very best to hinder and harm us. We may be saved, we may belong to another who is much more powerful, but I think that would just inspire him to hate us even more.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know that it's demonic 'dreams' really, but you know that dreams can echo what's going on around you. I remember blowing in my sister's face when we were little and she woke with a start and said she dreamt of a huge blowing wind!
My point is that I think when a demon seeks to scare and undermine a Christian, what better time when they are asleep and do not have a clear mind. I know of one pastor...a truly Godly man who would not make such a thing up; he said one night he woke from a bad dream and felt something on his chest, crushing him into the bed. He ordered the demon away with the blood of Christ, but in the morning he was covered with bruises.
Satan is real, demons are real and their hate for us is even more passionate then for the unsaved. As I said before, we don't want to go seeing demons in every event, but to not be aware that we have an enemy, and that enemy wants nothing more than our defeat and death, well, that's just giving Satan advantage. There is no doubt that demonic possession was seen in Jesus' day. Not of believers maybe, but we can easily see that Satan and his workers were at work. As far as Christian, ah, oppression went, Paul says that he was given a thorn, a messenger of Satan, which kept him from becoming conceited. We can also assume that the very great opposition that Christians did and do face may very well be demonically inspired.
Anyway, I think my point is that we should never assume that Satan does not do his very best to hinder and harm us. We may be saved, we may belong to another who is much more powerful, but I think that would just inspire him to hate us even more.

I was just wondering.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I was just wondering.

Yup, I often wonder about it myself! I think it's one of those topics that can be really murky. I think the only real certainty I have on the subject is that we really shouldn't dismiss our enemy. We see his hand all throughout the world and I feel it's a mistake to think he cannot cause trouble for us even though we are saved. Until Jesus returns we still live within this fallen world, and I think that even if Satan cannot effect our salvation, he can still cause us heartache and doubt, slowing or even halting our sanctification process.
But as far as the rest of it, I dunno. I just pray that God gives me a discerning spirit and trust that He will guide me.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Just to update on this.

I am still confused by these dreams and still worry that I might be dammed but I have been encouraged to seek help through the sacrament of reconciliation and hope to do so shortly.

I told a lay preachjer about these dreams and she has insisted that I see a priest. She told me that my experience witht he angel of death was totally unscriptural and impossible and that I was juding God as one might judge man. Then she told me that God would never go back onhis promises and could not go agaisnt his nature, but I said that God is all powerful and can do what he wants and that he cannot be limittd by anything. This is what the angel of death told me in the vision when he said that God coudl singel out whoever he wanted for damnation no matter what they believe because he is all powerful.

No matter what ha[ppens to me I will always love God and I have promised again and again that I will always be faithful to him whereever he sends me because all his judements are rightious.

Since then I have seen several near daeth testimonies about Hell and I really udnerstand just how real this palce is and this ahs brought the awful vision I had back into my mind, some of which were experienced by practising CHristians livek myself, which shows that people think they are saved when they are not.