Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the Jesuits taking over the Papacy, the current Jesuit General, Arturo Marcelino Sosa Abascal (AKA the Black Pope) is the most powerful man in the world. Pope Francis, also a Jesuit, and known as the White Pope, reports to the Black Pope. The average RC or even most of the RCC hierarchy know little of the nefarious activities of the Vatican.
Its real evil.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. So there goes your tradition. What do you judge your church fathers by to determine if they went into heresy?

(1 Cor. 4:15) "For though ye have ten thousand instructor's in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." It doesn't say Paul was a 'Father'. It says Paul begotten them through the gospel, which means Paul is not the Father, he presented that which the Father uses to born them again.

So, when were you born-again by the gospel that Paul presented, and how?

Stranger
WRONG.
Paul ABSOLUTELY says that he is a "father" to the Corinthians.

Funny that you had to go to the KJV to find a version that didn't actually use the term "father".
HOWEVER, "I have begotten you through the Gospel" means the SAME thing.

When in doubt – ALWAYS go to the original language.
Let’s see what the GREEK has to say, shall we??

The Greek word used here is egennēsa (ἐγέννησα), which means “FATHER”:

Morphology: VIAA--1S Strong's: 1080 Transliterated: egennēsa Root:γεννάω
1) of men who fathered children 1a) to be born 1b) to be begotten 1b1) of women giving birth to children 2) metaph. 2a) to engender, cause to arise, excite 2b) in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his way of life, to convert someone 2c) of God making Christ his son 2d) of God making men his sons through faith in Christ's work

I REST my case.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the Jesuits taking over the Papacy, the current Jesuit General, Arturo Marcelino Sosa Abascal (AKA the Black Pope) is the most powerful man in the world. Pope Francis, also a Jesuit, and known as the White Pope, reports to the Black Pope. The average RC or even most of the RCC hierarchy know little of the nefarious activities of the Vatican.
Sounds like YOU'VE been reading too many of those little Jack Chick comic books.
You were probably an "X-Files" fan as well . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is screaming but you Bol & you do it in almost every post. This is one example of your hypocrisy, the other is your Lying about calling others Liars. Not only have you shown yourself to be a Liar but a hypocrite--I'm sorry for you.
Please find ONE instance of this and I will apologize and leave the forum today.
The problems is that you CAN'T because your accusations in themselves are lies . . .

Now THAT'S hypocrisy . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are a waste of time, and I will no longer reply to your posts, so you get one more delusional rant at me. Have a nice day
You have "threatened" me with this at LEAST a dozen times over the years - but you keep coming back.
WHY is that??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly right. You can't change history.

The Church of Jesus Christ existed without the Roman papacy. But then there grew an effort by the Roman church to control the Church of Jesus Christ. Which it accomplished over several hundred years of time. So, the Catholic Church which is the Church of Jesus Christ, is the original tree. But the Roman church is not that. The papacy does not represent the original tree. It represents those who want to enslave the believers in the Catholic Church or the Church of Jesus Christ.

All the Reformers were Catholics. The Eastern Church before being excommunicated by the Pope was Catholic. And both of these are still indeed Catholic. But they reject the Roman rule over them.

Stranger
You comments in RED are true. They were Catholic.
The rest, is rubbish, as usual.

Not bad for a guy who usually spews nothing but lies . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bc I hold out the hope that you will someday change your mind and find Christ, BoL, and free yourself from your obvious bondage.
See - you already broke your promise . . .

Don't worry about me - I'm part of His Body, His Church.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
See - you already broke your promise . . .

Don't worry about me - I'm part of His Body, His Church.
I didn't promise anything, and I am not worried about you in the least.
You are already quite obviously on fire, and you will be consumed if you do not change your mind and get some ears I guess.

I'm glad you are here like I'm glad the OT is here, so that we can be reminded of how to fail

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please find ONE instance of this and I will apologize and leave the forum today.
The problems is that you CAN'T because your accusations in themselves are lies . . .

Now THAT'S hypocrisy . . .
I don't want you to leave, I pray your eyes would be opened & your heart would be changed, by God's mercy & grace in Jesus name.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't promise anything, and I am not worried about you in the least.
You are already quite obviously on fire, and you will be consumed if you do not change your mind and get some ears I guess.

I'm glad you are here like I'm glad the OT is here, so that we can be reminded of how to fail
Oh - I'll be "consumed" if I don't agree with your bizarre theology?

Just stay honest - and I'll stay off your back . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want you to leave, I pray your eyes would be opened & your heart would be changed, by God's mercy & grace in Jesus name.
TRANSLATION:
"I searched and searched but I couldn't find ONE instance of you calling anybody a 'Liar'."

That's what I thought . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRANSLATION:
"I searched and searched but I couldn't find ONE instance of you calling anybody a 'Liar'."

That's what I thought . . .
No, You are definitely lying about this and everyone but yourself knows it. Accusing people of lying is accusing them of being liars. Your continued claims that you haven't is childish, and shows a seared conscience.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, You are definitely lying about this and everyone but yourself knows it. A case of the conscience being seared.
Soooooo, did YOU just call me a "Liar"??
OR
, did you simply tell me that I am "lying"??

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said to call no man father. Not that there were no fathers. Not that there were no spiritual fathers. Jesus was speaking of titles like father, rabbi, pastor, bishop...

Mat. 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

God is all of these things to us. The title is His for those who follow God rather than men.

A follower of Christ is not to be religious as other people.

Neither are we to make a name for ourselves...whether that be Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, Orthodox. We are to simply to be in the Lord and walk in His love and grace.

Too simple? Yes.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Smarten up.

I told my brother he was overweight and should go on a diet.
I DIDN’T call him a “Fatso.”

I told my friend she should seek help for her emotional issues.
I DIDN’T call her a “Nut-job.”

I told YOU that you lied and that you should stop.
I DIDN’T call you a “Liar.”

LEARN to understand the difference . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to call no man father. Not that there were no fathers. Not that there were no spiritual fathers. Jesus was speaking of titles like father, rabbi, pastor, bishop...

Mat. 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

God is all of these things to us. The title is His for those who follow God rather than men.

A follower of Christ is not to be religious as other people.

Neither are we to make a name for ourselves...whether that be Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, Orthodox. We are to simply to be in the Lord and walk in His love and grace.

Too simple? Yes.
No - that's NOT what Jesus said - in CONTEXT.
There's that pesky "context" again . . .

In Matt. 23:9, Jesus is chiding the Pharisees who places themselves ABOVE everybody, including God.
In the verse that precedes this (Matt: 23:8), Jesus tells us not to call people “Teachers”.
Is Jesus telling us that we can’t call certain people "fathers" or “teachers” when they may actually be fathers or teachers? Absolutely NOT. He is telling us that no man is to be considered father above our Father in heaven and no person is to be considered teacher above our Teacher in heaven.

He was speaking about the Scribes and Pharisees who exalted themselves before all: “They love places of honor at banquets, seats of honor in synagogues, greetings in marketplaces, and the salutation 'Rabbi.” (Matt 23:6-7)

Consider the following passages:

- Jesus said, “Your FATHER Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).
- St. Stephen refers to "our FATHER Abraham," (Acts 7:2).
- St. Paul speaks of "our FATHER Isaac” (Romans 9:10).
- For I became your FATHER in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).
- "For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a TEACHER of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7).
- "For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and TEACHER" (2 Tim. 1:11).
- "God has appointed in the church first Apostles, second prophets, third TEACHER" (1 Cor. 12:28).

This "Call no man Father" is one of the most grossly misinterpreted verses in ALL of Scripture . . .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No - that's NOT what Jesus said - in CONTEXT.
There's that pesky "context" again . . .

In Matt. 23:9, Jesus is chiding the Pharisees who places themselves ABOVE everybody, including God.
In the verse that precedes this (Matt: 23:8), Jesus tells us not to call people “Teachers”.
Is Jesus telling us that we can’t call certain people "fathers" or “teachers” when they may actually be fathers or teachers? Absolutely NOT. He is telling us that no man is to be considered father above our Father in heaven and no person is to be considered teacher above our Teacher in heaven.

He was speaking about the Scribes and Pharisees who exalted themselves before all: “They love places of honor at banquets, seats of honor in synagogues, greetings in marketplaces, and the salutation 'Rabbi.” (Matt 23:6-7)

Consider the following passages:

- Jesus said, “Your FATHER Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).
- St. Stephen refers to "our FATHER Abraham," (Acts 7:2).
- St. Paul speaks of "our FATHER Isaac” (Romans 9:10).
- For I became your FATHER in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).
- "For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a TEACHER of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7).
- "For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and TEACHER" (2 Tim. 1:11).
- "God has appointed in the church first Apostles, second prophets, third TEACHER" (1 Cor. 12:28).

This "Call no man Father" is one of the most grossly misinterpreted verses in ALL of Scripture . . .

And you are misinterpreting it...which is why it is so.

In your partisan blindness you aren't seeing the aberrations of your own sect. Why all the fancy robes and pointy hats? That sort of thing is what Jesus was talking about as things to avoid. The fact that you defend aberrations makes you unteachable proud, and undesirable to speak with.

Instead of hearing you just spew forth a bunch of verses that don't address a different verse that stated. So are you saying that Catholic prelates are not above other church members...as in no clergy laity split?

The Nicolaitans taught that distinction.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh - I'll be "consumed" if I don't agree with your bizarre theology?

Just stay honest - and I'll stay off your back . . .
Yes, I am already abundantly aware that you cannot hear, and I did not expect you to be able to quote accurately either. Have a nice day, until your money runs out at least