Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are misinterpreting it...which is why it is so.

In your partisan blindness you aren't seeing the aberrations of your own sect. Why all the fancy robes and pointy hats? That sort of thing is what Jesus was talking about as things to avoid. The fact that you defend aberrations makes you unteachable proud, and undesirable to speak with.

Instead of hearing you just spew forth a bunch of verses that don't address a different verse that stated. So are you saying that Catholic prelates are not above other church members...as in no clergy laity split?

The Nicolaitans taught that distinction.
Church hierarchy is Biblical.
Nobody is "better" than anybody else - but there ARE leaders:

1 Thess. 5:12
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are laboring among you and who are OVER YOU in the Lord and who admonish you,

1 Tim. 5:17
Let the elders that RULE WELL be counted worthy of DOUBLE HONOUR, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

1 Cor. 12:28
Some people God has designated in the church to be, FIRST, apostles; SECOND, prophets; THIRD, TEACHERS; then, mighty deeds; then, gifts of healing, assistance, administration, and varieties of tongues.

This bizarre idea that Christ left a Church without leadership is a Protestant fantasy - AND a Protestant hypocrisy.
What do you call your Protestant Pastors, Elders and Deacons??

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Rcc is the great imitator of Christ's Church, it is the satanic counterfeit imposter that has gotten rich & persecuted the true saints, it opposes the Bible with it's peddling of it's FALSE teachings & is built on lies. The baptizing of infants is only one of it's counterfeits to the true Christian doctrines. It's interpretations are all a twisting of the Truth that is in the scriptures.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Rcc is the great imitator of Christ's Church, it is the satanic counterfeit imposter that has gotten rich & persecuted the true saints, it opposes the Bible with it's peddling of it's FALSE teachings & is built on lies. The baptizing of infants is only one of it's counterfeits to the true Christian doctrines. It's interpretations are all a twisting of the Truth that is in the scriptures.
Yes, you keep spouting off this drivel but so far - you have failed miserably when it comes to specifics.

This is the kind of steaming manure that usually comes from reading Jack Chick tracks or Dave Hunt pamphlets . . .

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its real evil.

As evil as anyone could imagine. The Jesuits have been pushed out of 83 countries over the years--there were definite reasons for that. Just one little bit of chicanery that everyone knows about is the Vatican "rat line" to get Nazi bigwigs out of Europe to S. America, before they could be caught and prosecuted. Some even say that Hitler faked his death and was whisked away to S. America by the Jesuits as well. Abraham Lincoln wrote about his concerns that the Jesuits were behind a plot to destroy the U.S.--that Jesuit agents were behind the secession of the southern states. Five out of the six conspirators who were involved in the assassination of Lincoln were RC--interesting fact in a country with so few RCs at the time. Some say the plot to destroy America never ended--that there is an alliance between the Jesuits and the royal families of Europe to destroy the U.S. even today. Ever wonder why so many European politicians, and other assorted movers and shakers are members of the Knights of Malta? Some are RC converts. Here is an intriguing article on the nefarious activities of the Vatican through their Jesuit military arm. The Jesuit Connection to the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As evil as anyone could imagine. The Jesuits have been pushed out of 83 countries over the years--there were definite reasons for that. Just one little bit of chicanery that everyone knows about is the Vatican "rat line" to get Nazi bigwigs out of Europe to S. America, before they could be caught and prosecuted. Some even say that Hitler faked his death and was whisked away to S. America by the Jesuits as well. Abraham Lincoln wrote about his concerns that the Jesuits were behind a plot to destroy the U.S.--that Jesuit agents were behind the secession of the southern states. Five out of the six conspirators who were involved in the assassination of Lincoln were RC--interesting fact in a country with so few RCs at the time. Some say the plot to destroy America never ended--that there is an alliance between the Jesuits and the royal families of Europe to destroy the U.S. even today. Ever wonder why so many European politicians, and other assorted movers and shakers are members of the Knights of Malta? Some are RC converts. Here is an intriguing article on the nefarious activities of the Vatican through their Jesuit military arm. The Jesuit Connection to the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln
Yes, & the secret brotherhoods they belonged to are luciferian occult clubs.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Church hierarchy is Biblical.
Nobody is "better" than anybody else - but there ARE leaders:

1 Thess. 5:12
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are laboring among you and who are OVER YOU in the Lord and who admonish you,

1 Tim. 5:17
Let the elders that RULE WELL be counted worthy of DOUBLE HONOUR, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

Some people God has designated in the church to be, FIRST, apostles; SECOND, prophets; THIRD, TEACHERS; then, mighty deeds; then, gifts of healing, assistance, administration, and varieties of tongues.

This bizarre idea that Christ left a Church without leadership is a Protestant fantasy - AND a Protestant hypocrisy.
What do you call your Protestant Pastors, Elders and Deacons??

You don't know me....you argue like a person boxing the air. Authority is according to function...not as the world. There are no titles in the real church of Christ. Man-made organizations resemble other man-made organizations. Maybe you didn't read my post where I included pastor in the list of titles that are not according to Christ?

Maybe you have no idea of brotherly connections in the simplicity of Christ.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know me....you argue like a person boxing the air. Authority is according to function...not as the world. There are no titles in the real church of Christ. Man-made organizations resemble other man-made organizations. Maybe you didn't read my post where I included pastor in the list of titles that are not according to Christ?

Maybe you have no idea of brotherly connections in the simplicity of Christ.
No - maybe YOU have no idea about what the Bible says because there ARE titles in the hierarchy of Christ's Church.

I already gave you a list of some of the ones Paul lists in 1 Cor. 12:

There are Bishops (1 Tim/ 3:3), Presbyters (Priests) (James 5:14) and Deacons (1 Ti. 3:8). Christ commanded Peter to tend (Pastor) His sheep (John 21:16).

Nobody is "boxing the air".
I simply refuse to revise the Word of God as YOU have . . .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No - maybe YOU have no idea about what the Bible says because there ARE titles in the hierarchy of Christ's Church.

I already gave you a list of some of the ones Paul lists in 1 Cor. 12:

There are Bishops (1 Tim/ 3:3), Presbyters (Priests) (James 5:14) and Deacons (1 Ti. 3:8). Christ commanded Peter to tend (Pastor) His sheep (John 21:16).

Nobody is "boxing the air".
I simply refuse to revise the Word of God as YOU have . . .

You are making a case using the bible to support your church. A backwards and illogical stance. Writing in big letters and different colours appears amusing to you? I find you are not making any case here at all except to be partisan.

Anybody can do that...for anything. Anybody can justify themselves...

But you are arguing with your own delusions because you are not paying attention to what I'm saying...you are blabbering.

Since you seem to have difficulty reading....The bible does not list the gifts as TITLES

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making a case using the bible to support your church. A backwards and illogical stance. Writing in big letters and different colours appears amusing to you? I find you are not making any case here at all except to be partisan.

Anybody can do that...for anything. Anybody can justify themselves...

But you are arguing with your own delusions because you are not paying attention to what I'm saying...you are blabbering.

Since you seem to have difficulty reading....The bible does not list the gifts as TITLES
First of all - HOW is showing Scriptural support for my position "backwards" and "illogical"??

Secondly, "Apostle" isn't a gift - it's an OFFICE.
According to Acts 1:20 - it is a BISHOPRIC (Episkopay).

Finally - when it comes down to ridiculing another poster's formatting style - it usually means that you have run OUT of useful things to add to the conversation.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First of all - HOW is showing Scriptural support for my position "backwards" and "illogical"??

Secondly, "Apostle" isn't a gift - it's an OFFICE.
According to Acts 1:20 - it is a BISHOPRIC (Episkopay).

Finally - when it comes down to ridiculing another poster's formatting style - it usually means that you have run OUT of useful things to add to the conversation.

Episkopay means inspection, visitation and oversight. It is NOT an office. That is a fiction...a false interpretation using eisegesis...trying to fit the bible into an aberrant church practice.

If any man desire episkopay (inspection, visitation, and oversight) he desires a good thing.

But these are functions and activities not offices. We are to desire visitation from God. We are to desire inspection from God as well as they who are sent by God. We are to desire oversight from God...directing our paths.

Last edited:
Reactions: 101G

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Episkopay means inspection, visitation and oversight. It is NOT an office. That is a fiction...a false interpretation using eisegesis...trying to fit the bible into an aberrant church practice.

If any man desire episkopay (inspection, visitation, and oversight) he desires a good thing.

But these are functions and activities not offices. We are to desire visitation from God. We are to desire inspection from God. We are to desire oversight from God...directing our paths.
This shows how little you understand.
Acts 1:20 is actually referring to a prophecy about Judas:

Psalm 109:8 (KJV)
Let his days be few; and let another take his OFFICE.

Acts 1:20 (KJV)
Land his BISHOPRICK let another take.

This is referring to a position - an OFFICE - that of Bishop.

According to:
Strong's Greek Concordance:

Usage: (a) visitation (of judgment)
(b) oversight, supervision, overseership.

According to:
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
Definition of bishopric

1: DIOCESE
2: the office of bishop

You are DEAD WRONG here.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This shows how little you understand.
Acts 1:20 is actually referring to a prophecy about Judas:

Psalm 109:8 (KJV)
Let his days be few; and let another take his OFFICE.

Acts 1:20 (KJV)
Land his BISHOPRICK let another take.

This is referring to a position - an OFFICE - that of Bishop.

According to:
Strong's Greek Concordance:

Usage: (a) visitation (of judgment)
(b) oversight, supervision, overseership.

According to:
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
Definition of bishopric

1: DIOCESE
2: the office of bishop

You are DEAD WRONG here.

Oh my...the opposite is true. In Hebrew episkopay is pekoudah. This is not an office...but a calling and a function.

For example...Jeremiah was a prophet. Now was that a title or a position he was elected to that came with an office. Or was it a vocation and a functioning from God?

I leave this with you...because you are so partisan and full of illogical zeal for your religious sect...I find it to be taxing. I would as soon talk to a Muslim extremist.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my...the opposite is true. In Hebrew episkopay is pekoudah. This is not an office...but a calling and a function.

For example...Jeremiah was a prophet. Now was that a title or a position he was elected to that came with an office. Or was it a vocation and a functioning from God?

I leave this with you...because you are so partisan and full of illogical zeal for your religious sect...I find it to be taxing. I would as soon talk to a Muslim extremist.
It isn't simply by a roll of the dice that the KJV uses the term "office" in Psalm 109 and "Bishoprick" in Acts 1:20. It's about prophecy and fulfillment.
I purposely used this revered Protestant version to show this continuity - although any of the other versions would have shown it as well.

For ANYBODY reading the NT to say that the office of Bishop is NOT of God but simply a useless, "man-made" invention - that person doesn't understand the Word of God. This leaderless chaos that YOU advocate is Scripturally-bankrupt.

Pretty strange for a guy who calls himself "Episkopos" . . .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It isn't simply by a roll of the dice that the KJV uses the term "office" in Psalm 109 and "Bishoprick" in Acts 1:20. It's about prophecy and fulfillment.
I purposely used this revered Protestant version to show this continuity - although any of the other versions would have shown it as well.

For ANYBODY reading the NT to say that the office of Bishop is NOT of God but simply a useless, "man-made" invention - that person doesn't understand the Word of God. This leaderless chaos that YOU advocate is Scripturally-bankrupt.

Pretty strange for a guy who calls himself "Episkopos" . . .

You are on ignore...way too much drama with no content.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They aren't, they show the pettiness and pride that some who call themselves "Christian" have. :(

The perversion of the faith is no "petty" matter! Throughout the New Testament, we are told to fight for the faith. Every Christian is to be "prepared to give an answer for the hope" that he has. Shame on you for looking down your nose at another believer--it shows pride on your part. You are doing exactly the same as that which you accuse others. Sometimes, the most loving thing a person can do is to expose unsound doctrine.

Reactions: tzcho2

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, Wikipedia won't help you. There is only ONE meaning of "born again".
I agree, there is only ONE meaning of being born again that has been taught for 2,000 years.....being baptized with water.

Wikipedia was only a reference for all the various beliefs of different churches soooo not sure what you mean by it helping me o_O

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Marymog

I wasn't aware of different definitions. Perhaps you or BreadofLife can school me on the different definitions.

And then explain what definition you like.

Stranger
Read the link I attached so you can school yourself.

I think you know which definition we "like". ;)