Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it's your lying that is causing the trouble. As I said, it is the Roman Church that has been rejected. Not Christ's Church which you claim.

Yeah I know. You don't worship Mary, you don't worship the 'fathers'. It is just a special honor. It's special all right. It is akin to worship. Just look at the way you are fighting for it now. I don't see Luther as a 'father'. I don't worship him. I disagree with him in many areas. Do you disagree with your so called 'church fathers'? Where?

Paul never says in (1 Cor. 4:14-15) that he became our Father. He says he has presented to us the Gospel by which we are born-again. Which raises the question, have you been born-again? How?

Sorry Einstein, but your lesson is deficient. Concerning all the verses you gave: Jesus was speaking to Israel. Stephen was speaking to Israel. Paul was speaking to Israel. Just as Paul ended with in the book of Romans when he said, (Rom. 15:8) "Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers."
Did you take notes?
Stranger
I absolutely disagree with some of the Early Church Fathers on some points.
Origen and Tertullian, for example wrote some of the greatest treatises on the Christian faith of their time - yet BOTH eventually went into heresy.

As for Paul - he didn't say he became YOUR father - he said he became a father to the CORINTHIANS:
1 Cor. 4:14-15

I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as MY beloved children. For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Did Paul actually SIRE all of the Corinthians?? NO.
He is speaking as their spiritual Father in Christ - which is the way WE Catholics call our priests "Father".

YOU make more of it than it is because you're incapable of speaking about the Catholic Church without LYING . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, I am a member of the Catholic church and a Protestant. My oh my. I am not a member of your 'Roman Church'.

All splintering is the result of the Roman Church which I have showed and which you have no reply.
Stranger
As I have educated you on numerous occasions - the Catholic Church is the Original Tree from which Protestantism splintered.

This isn't MY opinion - it's an historical FACT. YOU can whine about it all day long - but in the end, it's ALL true. There are Catholics (ME) and there are Protestants (YOU).

That's the wonderful thing about history. No matter HOW much revisionists like YOU try to change it - you CAN'T . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU make more of it than it is because you're incapable of speaking about the Catholic Church without LYING . . .
Once again more accusations of lying. It's like a hobby for you. It's quite hypocritical.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again more accusations of lying. It's like a hobby for you. It's quite hypocritical.
Ummmmm, do you even understand what "hypocritical" means??
Apparently NOT. Time for a vocabulary lesson . . .

It would ONLY be hypocritical of me to accuse somebody of lying if I was caught lying myself.
This has NEVER happened on this forum.

When YOU can find ONE instance of me telling an outright lie - THEN you can accuse me of "hypocrisy" . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ah, it's a Scripture passage with Christ in it so I wouldn't expect you to be too fam with it I guess, dunno if it's even in a DRB, sorry.

Still out to lunch up there on the liar convo too huh?
No offense BoL but how stupid can you possibly be, with that?
Once it is plain that you ar not that stupid, hypocrisy is really all that's left, isn't it?

See anyone else around here with over 1000 instances of the root "lie" in their feed? Wanna count them up again? Do you know what 1000 instances of something even means yet? That is even like a cliche, see, it's a sign.

When your name/username has been forgotten, you are going to be remembered as "that 'liar' guy." Man, I had the perfect tombstone meme too, lost it though,
"Hear lies..." lol

Last edited:
Reactions: tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm, do you even understand what "hypocritical" means??
Apparently NOT. Time for a vocabulary lesson . . .

It would ONLY be hypocritical of me to accuse somebody of lying if I was caught lying myself.
This has NEVER happened on this forum.

When YOU can find ONE instance of me telling an outright lie - THEN you can accuse me of "hypocrisy" . . .
Here's one... your continual denial that you call people liars is what I refer to. Poster boy for hypocrisy.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, it's a Scripture passage with Christ in it so I wouldn't expect you to be too fam with it I guess, dunno if it's even in a DRB, sorry.

Still out to lunch up there on the liar convo too huh?
No offense BoL but how stupid can you possibly be, with that?
Once it is plain that you ar not that stupid, hypocrisy is really all that's left, isn't it?

See anyone else around here with over 1000 instances of the root "lie" in their feed? Wanna count them up again? Do you know what 1000 instances of something even means yet? That is even like a cliche, see, it's a sign.

When your name/username has been forgotten, you are going to be remembered as "that 'liar' guy." Man, I had the perfect tombstone meme too, lost it though,
"Hear lies..." lol
Yet you STILL haven't been able to find even ONE instance of me calling anybody a "Liar".
Like I said before - happy hunting . . .

PS -
Insert "LOL" here . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's one... your continual denial that you call people liars is what I refer to. Poster boy for hypocrisy.
Never have - never will.
The hypocrisy is in YOUR false accusations . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the many reasons I dislike the RCC , as this is often what it produces.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the many reasons I dislike the RCC , as this is often what it produces.
What - that one of its members keeps exposing your lies??

That would annoy me too . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely disagree with some of the Early Church Fathers on some points.
Origen and Tertullian, for example wrote some of the greatest treatises on the Christian faith of their time - yet BOTH eventually went into heresy.

As for Paul - he didn't say he became YOUR father - he said he became a father to the CORINTHIANS:
1 Cor. 4:14-15

I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as MY beloved children. For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Did Paul actually SIRE all of the Corinthians?? NO.
He is speaking as their spiritual Father in Christ - which is the way WE Catholics call our priests "Father".

Indeed. So there goes your tradition. What do you judge your church fathers by to determine if they went into heresy?

(1 Cor. 4:15) "For though ye have ten thousand instructor's in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." It doesn't say Paul was a 'Father'. It says Paul begotten them through the gospel, which means Paul is not the Father, he presented that which the Father uses to born them again.

So, when were you born-again by the gospel that Paul presented, and how?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have educated you on numerous occasions - the Catholic Church is the Original Tree from which Protestantism splintered.

This isn't MY opinion - it's an historical FACT. YOU can whine about it all day long - but in the end, it's ALL true. There are Catholics (ME) and there are Protestants (YOU).

That's the wonderful thing about history. No matter HOW much revisionists like YOU try to change it - you CAN'T . . .

Exactly right. You can't change history.

The Church of Jesus Christ existed without the Roman papacy. But then there grew an effort by the Roman church to control the Church of Jesus Christ. Which it accomplished over several hundred years of time. So, the Catholic Church which is the Church of Jesus Christ, is the original tree. But the Roman church is not that. The papacy does not represent the original tree. It represents those who want to enslave the believers in the Catholic Church or the Church of Jesus Christ.

All the Reformers were Catholics. The Eastern Church before being excommunicated by the Pope was Catholic. And both of these are still indeed Catholic. But they reject the Roman rule over them.

Stranger

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exactly right. You can't change history.

The Church of Jesus Christ existed without the Roman papacy. But then there grew an effort by the Roman church to control the Church of Jesus Christ. Which it accomplished over several hundred years of time. So, the Catholic Church which is the Church of Jesus Christ, is the original tree. But the Roman church is not that. The papacy does not represent the original tree. It represents those who want to enslave the believers in the Catholic Church or the Church of Jesus Christ.

All the Reformers were Catholics. The Eastern Church before being excommunicated by the Pope was Catholic. And both of these are still indeed Catholic. But they reject the Roman rule over them.

Stranger

Yes--the Romanist Papists have ALWAYS been about political power and control of the masses.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What - that one of its members keeps exposing your lies??
That would annoy me too . . .
Stop misquoting, I'm not annoyed.
One of the reasons I dislike the rcc is what it often produces -arrogance, lack of moral accountability & the hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--the Romanist Papists have ALWAYS been about political power and control of the masses.

Yes, but it was an extremely slow advance to power. I recommend the book (The Catholic Church, A Short History) by Hans Kung. I think you will enjoy it, if you don't already have it. Kung remained a priest in the Roman church but opposed much that was in the church. I certainly don't agree with him on all things, but his knowledge of history is very revealing.

Of course his opposition was not without cost, and BreadOfLife will have much to try and discredit him.

Stranger

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, but it was an extremely slow advance to power. I recommend the book (The Catholic Church, A Short History) by Hans Kung. I think you will enjoy it, if you don't already have it. Kung remained a priest in the Roman church but opposed much that was in the church. I certainly don't agree with him on all things, but his knowledge of history is very revealing.

Of course his opposition was not without cost, and BreadOfLife will have much to try and discredit him.

Stranger

With the Jesuits taking over the Papacy, the current Jesuit General, Arturo Marcelino Sosa Abascal (AKA the Black Pope) is the most powerful man in the world. Pope Francis, also a Jesuit, and known as the White Pope, reports to the Black Pope. The average RC or even most of the RCC hierarchy know little of the nefarious activities of the Vatican.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop misquoting, I'm not annoyed.
One of the reasons I dislike the rcc is what it often produces -arrogance, lack of moral accountability & the hypocrisy.
Yes - you keep screaming about "hypocrisy" - but you failed to come up with even ONE instance of it on my part.

WHY is that??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
able to find even ONE instance of me calling anybody a "Liar".
No, I found a thousand!

and I'm pretty sure your technical out is not going to fly with anyone on the planet except you ok
and maybe a few lawyers, the really greasy ones
Yes - you keep screaming about "hypocrisy" - but you failed to come up with even ONE instance of it on my part.

WHY is that??
Bc he doesn't need to, bc the witnesses will serve to establish the truth, regardless of your delusions
and the only one screaming here is you I guess

you are a waste of time, and I will no longer reply to your posts, so you get one more delusional rant at me. Have a nice day

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes - you keep screaming about "hypocrisy" - but you failed to come up with even ONE instance of it on my part.WHY is that??
No one is screaming but you Bol & you do it in almost every post. This is one example of your hypocrisy, the other is your Lying about calling others Liars. Not only have you shown yourself to be a Liar but a hypocrite--I'm sorry for you.