Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Y'all are demonstrating why cultures should not be mixed imo, why boundary stones should be respected. Protestantism is no less evil than Catholicism, and give me someone confessing to a guy they call father in a dark closet over a professor any day

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Y'all are demonstrating why cultures should not be mixed imo, why boundary stones should be respected. Protestantism is no less evil than Catholicism, and give me someone confessing to a guy they call father in a dark closet over a professor any day
You don't have hold of the truth, bbyrd, you demonstrate lack of theology and sound doctrine, its all just religion to you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You don't have hold of the truth, bbyrd, you demonstrate lack of theology and sound doctrine, its all just religion to you.
maybe, but i'm not quite sure why you say that? I sure dont feel compelled to agree with a Believing Catholic's doctrine, even those i can observe to be better-hearted than i am?

Reactions: faithfulness

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe, but i'm not quite sure why you say that? I sure dont feel compelled to agree with a Believing Catholic's doctrine, even those i can observe to be better-hearted than i am?
You stated "protestantism is no less evil" that statement is not correct and only serves to confuse the issue.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You stated "protestantism is no less evil" that statement is not correct and only serves to confuse the issue.
If i were to agree it would only be Bc i see how Protestantism is quite a bit more evil in a certain way, that being that at least Catholics do not begin with ego-building exercises that cause them to immediately begin commending themselves to each other, testifying of themselves, etc.

Iow as heinous as a pope seems to us, is, at the same time he becomes like "cover" for those who really want to and do assume the role themselves, as can easily be demoed by...um, well, your Hegelian pov there i guess, for one. I mean...you don't feel compelled to qualify that statement at all?
Of course not, bc we are all indocked in the same manner, and we don't even realize the position we are led to assume, imo, that we might notice most Catholics do not?

Fwiw i was never RCC, Bc i was raised Deep South, but gimme a confessor in a dark closet over a Professor any day, yeh?

So fwiw i agree that the statement is not correct from your pov ok, that of Theory, but irl i see a diff dynamic going on wadr, that being that Catholics seem to be great at forgiveness and humility, and Protestants seem to be better at Professing stuff as if they knew, which i am def a Prot still, sort of anyway, a recovering Prot lol

"Hi, i'm Mark, and i'm a Protestaholic" lol

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get saved and maybe your confusion will clear up. You just don't seem completely convinced to me and it influences your understanding.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad you asked. Jesus taught us how we are to pray and ask in His name and He alone is our High Priest in heaven, Jesus alone is our mediator with the Heavenly Father.
I pray and confess my sins directly to our heavenly Father, the LORD God who is the Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) --I pray to Our Father God in heaven , confess my sins, and ask for forgiveness , I ask it in my Lord Jesus name.
Matt 6:9 (Jesus spoke saying : " 9 So then, this is how you should pray: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10 Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.…"
1TIM 2:5 " For there is one GOD and one Mediator between God and men , the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time.…"
Romans 8:26 " 26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."
I am glad I asked also.....:)

None of the passages you gave tells who we should confess our sins to. In fact NONE of them mention confession at all.

In the Timothy passage you mentioned it says there is one mediator between God and men however Jesus said to his Apostles "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld." The Apostles couldn't forgive sins or withhold forgiveness of sins if they were not told what the sin was soooooo who is the mediator in that scenario? Also Scripture makes it clear that we are to pray for each other. Are we not acting as a mediator when we pray for each other? CLEARLY the Timothy passage you mentioned has nothing to do with confessing of sins.

Let me help you out
......James 5:16

Bible study Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's one mediator between God and man, the LORD Jesus Christ. 1 Timothy 2:5. We confess our sins to God, 1 John 1:8-10.
Thank you.

When you pray for others, like Scripture instructs us to do, are you not acting as a mediator?

When Jesus gave the Apostles the authority to bind or loosen sin who was the mediator in that scenario?

Here is the passage you referenced as your proof that we are to confess our sins to God:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Please quote the words in that passage that tell us to confess our sins to God....I can't find it. :(

Try James 5:16 as the answer to whom we are to confess our sins to.

Bible study Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No substantiation, just diablos. There is much division in "Catholicism" and there is also its kindred spirit with all other cults and apostate religions: each of them talk of their oneness in doctrine; JW's, Mormons &c.

There has always been schism in the church concerning doctrine, since NT times. Those in NT times who claimed unity of doctrine and bragged of their being the sole source of truth were those who attacked the churches with error and a false gospel like yours. Don't you need to crucify Christ again in Mass this week? Yes, you do.
Thank you. Historically we know there have always been schisms over doctrine. Who has the authority to declare a doctrine, based on Scripture, as infallibly true?

You seem to know which churches teach a false gospel and are apostate religions. That means that you know what is not a false and apostate teaching. You seem to know the Truth. How about if you write a book clarifying everything you know so that the rest of us can be as knowledgeable as you are on these matters?

Christ is not crucified at the mass...He was only crucified once. We simply do as he told us to do at the Last Supper. You do what He told us to do; don't you?

Mary

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad I asked also.....:)

None of the passages you gave tells who we should confess our sins to. In fact NONE of them mention confession at all.

In the Timothy passage you mentioned it says there is one mediator between God and men however Jesus said to his Apostles "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld." The Apostles couldn't forgive sins or withhold forgiveness of sins if they were not told what the sin was soooooo who is the mediator in that scenario? Also Scripture makes it clear that we are to pray for each other. Are we not acting as a mediator when we pray for each other? CLEARLY the Timothy passage you mentioned has nothing to do with confessing of sins.

Let me help you out
......James 5:16

Bible study Mary
Unfortunately m , you can only respond with the air of arrogance parrot the rcc dogma. James 5:16 is not teaching the Roman Catholic tradition of confessing to the rc priest.
Jesus is the only one who forgives sins, there is ONE mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus. It is always pointless giving scripture to those with a hardened heart and seared conscience, only God can change this for you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately m , you can only respond with the air of arrogance parrot the rcc dogma. James 5:16 is not teaching the Roman Catholic tradition of confessing to the rc priest.
Jesus is the only one who forgives sins, there is ONE mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus. It is always pointless giving scripture to those with a hardened heart and seared conscience, only God can change this for you.
Thank you.

I never said that James 5:16 supports confessing to a priest. It CLEARLY says confess your sins to one another. That means confess your sins to another person. A priest is a person sooooooo one can confess their sins to a priest and be in compliance with James 5:16 :rolleyes:

If Jesus is the only one who forgives sins then how do you explain John 20:23? You don't have hold of the truth since you have demonstrated a lack of theology and sound doctrine.

Curious Mary

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I never said that James 5:16 supports confessing to a priest. It CLEARLY says confess your sins to one another. That means confess your sins to another person. A priest is a person sooooooo one can confess their sins to a priest and be in compliance with James 5:16 :rolleyes:

If Jesus is the only one who forgives sins then how do you explain John 20:23? You don't have hold of the truth since you have demonstrated a lack of theology and sound doctrine.

Curious Mary
So disingenous & deceived rc mary; the Rcc opposes Christ & the authority of the word of God, as it preaches a false gospel amongst many other false teachings,notoriously misusing the scriptures & as a poor mislead soul u only follow the Roman teachings as yet,so can only regurgitate rc's agenda, not much truth there, sorry. The bible scriptures must be understood within the context they are written and that scripture was given to the 12 disciples by Jesus when He gave them the Holy Spirit by breathing on them. There are no successors to the 12 Apostles, like the rcc tries to claim it is. Jesus gave the 12 this authority so they would go out to preach the gospel to sinners and baptize in the name of Jesus, it doesn't apply to whoever the RCC wants it to misapply this authority to.
The rc priest, pope and statues of Jesus' mother mary , etc, etc..cannot forgive sins because the Lord Jesus is the only Mediator between God and man as Apostle Paul states.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So disingenous & deceived rc mary; the Rcc opposes Christ & the authority of the word of God, as it preaches a false gospel amongst many other false teachings,notoriously misusing the scriptures & as a poor mislead soul u only follow the Roman teachings as yet,so can only regurgitate rc's agenda, not much truth there, sorry. The bible scriptures must be understood within the context they are written and that scripture was given to the 12 disciples by Jesus when He gave them the Holy Spirit by breathing on them. There are no successors to the 12 Apostles, like the rcc tries to claim it is. Jesus gave the 12 this authority so they would go out to preach the gospel to sinners and baptize in the name of Jesus, it doesn't apply to whoever the RCC wants it to misapply this authority to.
The rc priest, pope and statues of Jesus' mother mary , etc, etc..cannot forgive sins because the Lord Jesus is the only Mediator between God and man as Apostle Paul states.
Got it.....you can't explain John 20:23 which teaches opposite of what you believe.

Moving onto your new false statement. What you have said about Apostolic Succession is opposite of what Scripture says. Scripture makes it clear there was/is: 1 Corinthians 11:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15, 1 Timothy 4:14, 2 Timothy 2:2, Acts 1:21-26

Thank you for your time.....Mary

PS...When you pray for someone....you are a mediator...;)

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks to all posting. Not my intention to drag this thread out, just an update.

Making arrangements now, hoping to be baptised by the end of July. My studies and many posts here, have my heart set on this.
Seems an infant baptism isn't enough as it was more my parents saying they would raise me in the ways of the church. Sooo, I want the "old man" dead, I want to be obedient, I want to please Jesus and our Father. (Sorry for the I wants, lol) It's what He wants that's important. So be it.

Blessings!!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to all posting. Not my intention to drag this thread out, just an update.

Making arrangements now, hoping to be baptised by the end of July. My studies and many posts here, have my heart set on this.
Seems an infant baptism isn't enough as it was more my parents saying they would raise me in the ways of the church. Sooo, I want the "old man" dead, I want to be obedient, I want to please Jesus and our Father. (Sorry for the I wants, lol) It's what He wants that's important. So be it.

Blessings!!
I am so pleased for you. Be blessed. x

Reactions: Acolyte