Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRANSLATION:
"I don't have the capacity or intelligence to answer your question, so I'll post something snarky instead."
Proven incapable of civil discourse & blinded by the Rcc brainwashing , deep disdain for protestants & no matter what scriptures are given you reject and just make your abnoxious hate-filled posts . It is as Jesus said. Time to block you for awhile.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proven incapable of civil discourse & blinded by the Rcc brainwashing , deep disdain for protestants & no matter what scriptures are given you reject and just make your abnoxious hate-filled posts . It is as Jesus said. Time to block you for awhile.
Ummmm, you haven't given me a SINGLE verse of Scripture.

How about being honest, for a change??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't meant hat I'm going to stop exposing your lies in front of everybody else.
Dishonest
people like YOU always consider others who expose you as "obnoxious" and "hate-filled" . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God that forums like this record everything for posterity because I just caught you in yet another LIE.

I haven't "ignored" your question. I answered it back in post #661, when I said:
As to your question - you've asked me this before - and I've answered you.
I was born again at Baptism, with Water and Spirit - just like Jesus prescribed (John 3:5).

I have answered this MANY times before - but for some reason, you can't seem to get it through your head.

As to the NINE (9) verses I presented - you didn't address them. You stumbled over a couple of them and left it at that. I guess it was just to overwhelming for you . . .

Yes, you are ignoring my question. I pointed out in post #(697) that I was wanting to know 'when'. You still haven't said. Was it when you were an infant? Or did you later place faith in Christ? All you are showing me is the 'how'.

No, all the other verses you gave would have been explained in the explanation given. To Israel, the 'fathers' is a correct term. (Heb. 1:1) It denotes the physical link the Jews have to Abraham.

And again, why do you emphasize the word 'fathers' in (1 Cor. 4:15) yet ignore the phrase, 'through the gospel'? It is the gospel of Paul by which one is born-again. By which one is born of God.

And Paul did not make an effort to baptize all those who believed. (1 Cor. 1:17) Thus no infant baptism for salvation.

Stranger

Reactions: tzcho2

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again with the formatting . . .
If formatting is this offensive to you - I suggest you find some other place than a discussion forum to spend your spare time.

As for all Christians being "equal" - we are. HOWEVER- 1 Cor 12:27-31 lays out the fact that our roles within the Body are NOT. 1 Thess. 5:12 and 1 Tim. 5:17 are further examples of this Biblical truth. You should KNOW this if you claim to know the Word of God . . .

As to the verses that I presented to you that use the word "Father" - NOT all of them are speaking of "descendants" as YOU claim. Paul calls himself a "FATHER" to the Corinthians (1 Cor. 4:14–15). As I showed your fellow anti-Catholic @Stranger, who also ignored the verses I presented - here are some MORE examples:

“I was a FATHER to the poor, and I searched out the cause of him whom I did not know” (Job 29:16)

Elisha cried out, “My FATHER, my FATHER!” to Elijah as he was carried up to heaven in a whirlwind (2 Kgs. 2:12)

Elisha himself is called a FATHER by the king of Israel (2 Kgs. 6:21).

Paul wrote to Timothy, “You then, MY SON, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Tim. 2:1).

Paul again talks about his being a FATHER to Timothy - “But Timothy’s worth you know, how as a son with a FATHER he has served with me in the gospel” (Phil. 2:22).

Paul wrote, “I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose FATHER I have become in my imprisonment” (Philem. 10).

Tour last comment in RED is simply another dodge.

Finally - as to my being "arrogant and rude" - it's ONLY because you tried to bully a Catholic who won't sit there and take it like you're used to . . .

No, I answered your verses already. Israel had 'fathers' due to their physical descent. Paul is not our 'father'. The Gospel he brings by which we are born-again, makes God our Father. 'as a son with the father' in (Phil. 2:22) is only a descriptive phrase as are the others you use.

And, (Philemon 10) doesn't say 'whose Father I have become' though you would like it to. It says, 'whom I have begotten in my bonds'. Which takes us back to (1 Cor. 4:15) which shows it is the Gospel of Paul, and not Paul who is doing the 'begotten'. Paul is not our Father. Peter is not our Father.

Again, I am not anti-Catholic or anti-Roman. But I am anti-papacy.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A few years ago we had a lady speaker visit our church; she had been a pop star in the sixties and of Jewish birth. Her ministry was to talk to people about her conversion to Christ. I had the pleasant privilege of sitting with her at the buffer meal beforehand and was told that the only churches she wouldn't speak in were the RC ones which she described as a cult. I told her that God had laid it on my heart to pray for the RC church and she asked me to pray that the people would see that they were misguided and being deceived. I still pray that prayer and for other things too as God shows me what to pray.

That is interesting. I wonder if she was saved as a result of the Jesus Movement of the 60's and 70's. I would have liked to heard her testimony.

I can see why she wouldn't go to the Roman churches. But, myself I am not calling them a cult. I know they do have much wrong in their church, and refuse to acknowledge it. But there are Christians there, and it's origin is Christian. And yes these need praying for.

Stranger

Reactions: Butterfly

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is interesting. I wonder if she was saved as a result of the Jesus Movement of the 60's and 70's. I would have liked to heard her testimony.

I can see why she wouldn't go to the Roman churches. But, myself I am not calling them a cult. I know they do have much wrong in their church, and refuse to acknowledge it. But there are Christians there, and it's origin is Christian. And yes these need praying for.

Stranger
Manna Music | Helen Shapiro

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you are ignoring my question. I pointed out in post #(697) that I was wanting to know 'when'. You still haven't said. Was it when you were an infant? Or did you later place faith in Christ? All you are showing me is the 'how'.

No, all the other verses you gave would have been explained in the explanation given. To Israel, the 'fathers' is a correct term. (Heb. 1:1) It denotes the physical link the Jews have to Abraham.

And again, why do you emphasize the word 'fathers' in (1 Cor. 4:15) yet ignore the phrase, 'through the gospel'? It is the gospel of Paul by which one is born-again. By which one is born of God.

And Paul did not make an effort to baptize all those who believed. (1 Cor. 1:17) Thus no infant baptism for salvation.

Stranger
And there you go lying again.

I don't "ignore" the phrase "through the Gospel". I completely understand that it is in THIS context that Paul is calling himself a "Father" to the Corinthians. HOWEVER, he is calling himself "Father", nonetheless. There are several other verses you didn't - or couldn't address. My guess is that the latter is true . . ..

“I was a FATHER to the poor, and I searched out the cause of him whom I did not know” (Job 29:16)

Elisha cried out, “My FATHER, my FATHER!” to Elijah as he was carried up to heaven in a whirlwind (2 Kgs. 2:12)

Paul wrote to Timothy, “You then, MY SON, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Tim. 2:1).

Paul again talks about his being a FATHER to Timothy - “But Timothy’s worth you know, how as a son with a FATHER he has served with me in the gospel” (Phil. 2:22).

Paul wrote, “I appeal to you for my child, Onesimus, whose FATHER I have become in my imprisonment” (Philem. 10).

Finally - for about the 27th time - I was baptized as an infant.
We have had this conversation over and over and over in the past.. I suggest you either write it down or stop asking . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I answered your verses already. Israel had 'fathers' due to their physical descent. Paul is not our 'father'. The Gospel he brings by which we are born-again, makes God our Father. 'as a son with the father' in (Phil. 2:22) is only a descriptive phrase as are the others you use.

And, (Philemon 10) doesn't say 'whose Father I have become' though you would like it to. It says, 'whom I have begotten in my bonds'. Which takes us back to (1 Cor. 4:15) which shows it is the Gospel of Paul, and not Paul who is doing the 'begotten'. Paul is not our Father. Peter is not our Father.

Again, I am not anti-Catholic or anti-Roman. But I am anti-papacy.

Stranger
Would you care to show me the actual POST where you "answered" all of these verses already??

In post #712, I gave you NINE (9) verses of Scripture and in post #726 - you stumbled through ONE of them (Phil. 2:22) - which you pretty much just blew off. NONE of these have anything to do with Israel's lineage. They ALL speak of men being called "Father" to people who they didn't actually sire.

That is hardly addressing "ALL" of the evidence I presented.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there you go lying again.

I don't "ignore" the phrase "through the Gospel". I completely understand that it is in THIS context that Paul is calling himself a "Father" to the Corinthians. HOWEVER, he is calling himself "Father", nonetheless. There are several other verses you didn't - or couldn't address. My guess is that the latter is true . . ..

Finally - for about the 27th time - I was baptized as an infant.
We have had this conversation over and over and over in the past.. I suggest you either write it down or stop asking . . .

No, Paul didn't call himself 'Father' to the Corinthians. He said he had begotten them through the gospel. Thus making God their Father...not Paul.

I addressed your verses already. Go back and reread.

You got wet as an infant. You didn't get baptized. Have you ever believed on Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? Or is that too much too ask?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Paul didn't call himself 'Father' to the Corinthians. He said he had begotten them through the gospel. Thus making God their Father...not Paul.

I addressed your verses already. Go back and reread.

You got wet as an infant. You didn't get baptized. Have you ever believed on Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? Or is that too much too ask?

Stranger
I already proved you wrong on this one, Stranger.
WHY do you keep fighting this LOSING battle when you know I will just humiliate you in front of everybody??

In posts #602 and #712 I presented scholarly linguistic evidence that shows unequivocally that Paul was indeed calling himself a "Father" to the Corinthians. Here it is for a THIRD time:

From Strong’s Greek Concordance . . .
The Greek word used here is egennēsa (ἐγέννησα), which means “FATHER”:

Morphology: VIAA--1S Strong's: 1080 Transliterated: egennēsa Root:γεννάω
1) of men who fathered children 1a) to be born 1b) to be begotten 1b1) of women giving birth to children 2) metaph. 2a) to engender, cause to arise, excite 2b) in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his way of life, to convert someone 2c) of God making Christ his son 2d) of God making men his sons through faith in Christ's work

Just admit you were wrong and be done with it already.
This is getting embarrassing . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Betrayed" by Stan Telchin. I read this book years ago, have you read it?

No, I haven't. But I am very interested and will look for it. The testimony that Mrs. Shapiro gave was very similar to another Jew whom I knew who I had the pleasure of witnessing to.

The Jew I am speaking of was my employer for several years. We had many good discussions. And God was working through others as well through his family. There was a time when he was going to take a business trip to a far city. I gave him a book written by Moshie Rosen who was the founder of Jews for Jesus. I knew it would at least be of interest to him as they shared the last name.

What I didn't know, was that where he was going, Moshie Rosen would be speaking and happened to stay at the same hotel that he did. I can't remember as it has been years ago, if he got to hear him or not. But I do remember this. When he came back about a week or so later, he looked at me and asked, 'are you part of some kind of conspiracy against me'? And when he explained I told him I knew nothing of it. But I did know then that the Lord was after him.

And it would be years later after I left his employment that miraculously I got in contact with him again. And it was then that he told me he had turned to Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. I couldn't believe it. Praise God.

So, in reality, yes there was a conspiracy against him, or rather for him. But it was not of my making. It was of God. I just played my part, as others did.

I will look for the book.

Stranger

Reactions: Pearl

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you care to show me the actual POST where you "answered" all of these verses already??

In post #712, I gave you NINE (9) verses of Scripture and in post #726 - you stumbled through ONE of them (Phil. 2:22) - which you pretty much just blew off. NONE of these have anything to do with Israel's lineage. They ALL speak of men being called "Father" to people who they didn't actually sire.

That is hardly addressing "ALL" of the evidence I presented.

In your post #(712) your reference to (Job 29:16) means nothing. It only says Job was a father to the poor. Big deal.

Concerning your references to Elisha, Stephen, and Isaac, they come under my explanation for being of Israel.

Concerning Paul to Timothy or Paul concerning Onesimus, it is a description only. "as a father". Paul is not saying he is their father.

Stranger.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already proved you wrong on this one, Stranger.
WHY do you keep fighting this LOSING battle when you know I will just humiliate you in front of everybody??

In posts #602 and #712 I presented scholarly linguistic evidence that shows unequivocally that Paul was indeed calling himself a "Father" to the Corinthians. Here it is for a THIRD time:

From Strong’s Greek Concordance . . .
The Greek word used here is egennēsa (ἐγέννησα), which means “FATHER”:

Morphology: VIAA--1S Strong's: 1080 Transliterated: egennēsa Root:γεννάω
1) of men who fathered children 1a) to be born 1b) to be begotten 1b1) of women giving birth to children 2) metaph. 2a) to engender, cause to arise, excite 2b) in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his way of life, to convert someone 2c) of God making Christ his son 2d) of God making men his sons through faith in Christ's work

Just admit you were wrong and be done with it already.
This is getting embarrassing . . .

Sorry, but I am not worried about being embarrassed.

Yes, you like to use the Greek when what is said is going against you. When what you are saying, is not really there.

I am not impressed.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your post #(712) your reference to (Job 29:16) means nothing. It only says Job was a father to the poor. Big deal.
Concerning your references to Elisha, Stephen, and Isaac, they come under my explanation for being of Israel. Concerning Paul to Timothy or Paul concerning Onesimus, it is a description only. "as a father". Paul is not saying he is their father.

Stranger.
Soooooo, call NO man "Father" - UNLESS it's okay with one of you Protestants.
One gigantic hypocrisy after another . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I am not worried about being embarrassed.
Yes, you like to use the Greek when what is said is going against you. When what you are saying, is not really there.
I am not impressed.
Stranger
I know you're not worried about being embarrassed - otherwise you would have stopped this nonsense already.

Anyway - consider yourself Scripturally and Linguistically SPANKED . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo, call NO man "Father" - UNLESS it's okay with one of you Protestants.
One gigantic hypocrisy after another . . .

I didn't say Paul was my father. You did.

And, why do you consider Paul a father when you don't believe the Gospel he preached?

Stranger