Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you're not worried about being embarrassed - otherwise you would have stopped this nonsense already.

Anyway - consider yourself Scripturally and Linguistically SPANKED . . .

So, you got wet as an infant. When did you believe on Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? When did you first exercise faith towards Christ? Or...have you?

Stranger

Reactions: Taken

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, I haven't. But I am very interested and will look for it. The testimony that Mrs. Shapiro gave was very similar to another Jew whom I knew who I had the pleasure of witnessing to.

The Jew I am speaking of was my employer for several years. We had many good discussions. And God was working through others as well through his family. There was a time when he was going to take a business trip to a far city. I gave him a book written by Moshie Rosen who was the founder of Jews for Jesus. I knew it would at least be of interest to him as they shared the last name.

What I didn't know, was that where he was going, Moshie Rosen would be speaking and happened to stay at the same hotel that he did. I can't remember as it has been years ago, if he got to hear him or not. But I do remember this. When he came back about a week or so later, he looked at me and asked, 'are you part of some kind of conspiracy against me'? And when he explained I told him I knew nothing of it. But I did know then that the Lord was after him.

And it would be years later after I left his employment that miraculously I got in contact with him again. And it was then that he told me he had turned to Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. I couldn't believe it. Praise God.

So, in reality, yes there was a conspiracy against him, or rather for him. But it was not of my making. It was of God. I just played my part, as others did.

I will look for the book.

Stranger
Good story. It's always a blessing to hear somebody's testimony.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the articles on the link I posted Mary. There is no instance of infant baptism in the bible. All the baptisms are of believers. Follow the teaching of God not just the church which is fallible in many areas.
Hi Pearl,

You want me to accept as fact an article from an unnamed author in "gotquestions.com" as evidence that infant baptism was not practiced by NT Christians? You want to ignore the historical writings of 1st, 2nd and 3rd century Christian writings that show opposite of your opinion? You accept the teaching of an unnamed author. I accept the teachings of the people who lived closer to the time of Christ. ;)

Scripture mentions a few cases of entire families being baptized. Logically there would have been more than a few families being baptized during the NT times. Logically infants are part of "families" so the odds are greater that infants where baptized. The 2,000 year old historical Christian writings that I rely on say infants were baptized. You rely on the 500 year old teaching that infants should not be baptized. You have your men from your church that you rely on. I have my men from my church that I rely on. We are not that much different. I just rely on the men who lived closer to the time of Christ.

You allege that the teaching of The Church is fallible in many areas. How do YOU know which teachings are fallible? How can you be so sure that the teaching you are promoting is infallible?

How can you say it is the teaching of God? You linked an unattributed article from "gotquestions.com".

Curious Mary

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Pearl,

You want me to accept as fact an article from an unnamed author in "gotquestions.com" as evidence that infant baptism was not practiced by NT Christians? You want to ignore the historical writings of 1st, 2nd and 3rd century Christian writings that show opposite of your opinion? You accept the teaching of an unnamed author. I accept the teachings of the people who lived closer to the time of Christ. ;)

Scripture mentions a few cases of entire families being baptized. Logically there would have been more than a few families being baptized during the NT times. Logically infants are part of "families" so the odds are greater that infants where baptized. The 2,000 year old historical Christian writings that I rely on say infants were baptized. You rely on the 500 year old teaching that infants should not be baptized. You have your men from your church that you rely on. I have my men from my church that I rely on. We are not that much different. I just rely on the men who lived closer to the time of Christ.

You allege that the teaching of The Church is fallible in many areas. How do YOU know which teachings are fallible? How can you be so sure that the teaching you are promoting is infallible?

How can you say it is the teaching of God? You linked an unattributed article from "gotquestions.com".

Curious Mary
You want me to accept as fact your word? I prefer to believe the scriptures quoted in the article. But I accept that you have your own views on the matter most likely based on different scriptures and respect your right to hold them just as I hope you respect mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine. Personally I wasn't aware there were several definitions of being born-again. If you don't want to explain, no problem.

A pro-slavery killer? You mean George Washington? Ulysses Grant? Who do you mean?

Stranger
Lol....I don't have any explaining to do. It was YOUR statement, not mine.

You know who I mean kiddo......stop playing games.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want me to accept as fact your word?
Hi Pearl,

You want me to accept "gotquestions.com"?

Who wrote that article? :rolleyes:

I have a deal for you. You start answering my questions and I will answer yours. That's how a conversation works:

How can you say it is the teaching of God?
You linked an unattributed article from "gotquestions.com".

Patient Mary

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol....I don't have any explaining to do. It was YOUR statement, not mine.

You know who I mean kiddo......stop playing games.

Mary
Surely there is only one scriptural definition of re-birth. Although I have heard the term 'born again' being used in secular ways.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL ~ This is priceless coming from you.

Glory to God,
Taken
Hi,

Could you give an example when I did not use facts, scripture and logic to support what I have said?

Patient Mary

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Pearl,

You want me to accept "gotquestions.com"?

Who wrote that article? :rolleyes:

I have a deal for you. You start answering my questions and I will answer yours. That's how a conversation works:

How can you say it is the teaching of God?
You linked an unattributed article from "gotquestions.com".

Patient Mary
The bible teachings are the authority not the church's. Who taught you? Which 'attributed' article gave you your beliefs. I believe scripture over the teachings of the church anytime.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible teachings are the authority not the church's. Who taught you? Which 'attributed' article gave you your beliefs. I believe scripture over the teachings of the church anytime.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is funny coming from you.

Glory to God,
Taken
Hi troll,

Would you care to answer the question or just keep trolling me and being condescending?

Neither of your actions are Christian like ;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Facinating.

John 3:6... Born of the spirit...
And...

Anyone have a clue what are the "multiple definitions" Marymog is talking about?

Glory to God,
Taken
Hi troll,

If you cared to be honest and put this conversation in context you would "have a clue" however you choose to troll and snipe instead and you don't have a clue.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one that rants mary. I just cite your behavior & BoL's as per usual the opposite of what you say is the truth. Sniping- that is you mary, and sarcasm & of course dishonesty.

Provide evidence of a "rant" from me and we can discuss it.

to SNIPE: make a sly or petty verbal attack.

Provide evidence of me sniping

Patient Mary

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Shame so many people on sites like these prefer to talk about doctrinal issues rather than what God is actually doing in their lives right now. I'm not really interested in having yet another conversation with you about Baptism Mary. Like I say I respect your views and hope you respect mine so that we can move on.

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say Paul was my father. You did.

And, why do you consider Paul a father when you don't believe the Gospel he preached?
Stranger
And there you go lying yet again.

I never said Paul was YOUR father or my father. HE said that he was a Father through the Gospel to the Corinthians. Yes, Paul said that - and YOU can't seem to get over that because it makes YOU look like a hypocrite for implying that Catholics are disobedient for calling our priests "Father".

If it's good enough for Paul and Timothy and Elisha and Philemon - it's good enough for us . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you got wet as an infant. When did you believe on Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? When did you first exercise faith towards Christ? Or...have you?

Stranger
Just like the Jewish infants who were Circumcised and entered into the Covenant with God and raised in the faith by their parents - I was Baptized into the NEW Covenant and raised in the faith by MY parents.

I can remember as far back as 2 years old - and I don't have a SINGLE memory of NOT having faith in God.
I pity you that you don't understand what that's like.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shame so many people on sites like these prefer to talk about doctrinal issues rather than what God is actually doing in their lives right now. I'm not really interested in having yet another conversation with you about Baptism Mary. Like I say I respect your views and hope you respect mine so that we can move on.
Thank you Pearl.

Recently you said that you "believe scripture over the teachings of the church anytime." That simply means that you believe YOUR interpretation of Scripture over anyone else's interpretation.

You (a woman) accept YOUR interpretation of Scripture, I accept The Churches (made of men) interpretation of Scripture. Since you know scripture you know the Church I am speaking of: 1 Timothy 3:15, Matthew 16:18, Matthew 18:17

On several other occasions in various post's you have stated what you believe. Stating what you believe on a certain issue means you are taking a position on that issue; you are stating a doctrine. If you are on this forum to only talk about what God is doing in your life right now then why did you state your doctrine? Honey, it is ok to talk about doctrine. Especially since the subject of this discussion is: Should I be re-baptized?

I don't have "views" on the Truth in Scripture. My "view" does not negate the Truth. No Christian should respect "views" that are opposite of the Truth (abortion is ok, gay marriage ok, etc.) and neither should you.

Mary

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Pearl.

Recently you said that you "believe scripture over the teachings of the church anytime." That simply means that you believe YOUR interpretation of Scripture over anyone else's interpretation.

You (a woman) accept YOUR interpretation of Scripture, I accept The Churches (made of men) interpretation of Scripture. Since you know scripture you know the Church I am speaking of: 1 Timothy 3:15, Matthew 16:18, Matthew 18:17

On several other occasions in various post's you have stated what you believe. Stating what you believe on a certain issue means you are taking a position on that issue; you are stating a doctrine. If you are on this forum to only talk about what God is doing in your life right now then why did you state your doctrine? Honey, it is ok to talk about doctrine. Especially since the subject of this discussion is: Should I be re-baptized?

I don't have "views" on the Truth in Scripture. My "view" does not negate the Truth. No Christian should respect "views" that are opposite of the Truth (abortion is ok, gay marriage ok, etc.) and neither should you.

Mary
Oh well, there you go then. I think we're done here. Sadly I think I will have to 'ignore' you for now.

Reactions: Taken

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh well, there you go then. I think we're done here. Sadly I think I will have to 'ignore' you for now.
:( On the ignore list.

Sure would have loved a conversation with ya' but hard to do that when you ask questions without answering questions.....Mary