Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, no church, or individual within any organisation, be it church or otherwise, has authority over what you believe. What you choose to believe or not believe is always your prerogative. Just as it is your prerogative to choose what church you deem teaches and practices faith the closest to your beliefs, and whether to join such a church. Your conscience is your own. It belongs to no-one else...only Christ Himself has authority when it comes to your eternal destiny. And what you conscientiously believe and accept affects your destiny. No-one can dictate what you should believe, just as no-one can coerce you to believe something you conscientiously object to. But if your church believes as you do, little wonder then it has persecuted millions seeing she thinks she has authority over other peoples' consciences. All her talk of religious freedom then is total duck poo.
Tisk, tisk....why are you ignoring scripture on this matter?

Scripture says The Apostles and elders at the Council of Jerusalem had authority over what all Christians were to believe. Scripture says that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth; not you, not me The Church.

Jesus said to his Apostles to teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. Paul then told Timothy that he was to teach the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Further saying Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls.

Sooooo your belief that we can "choose to believe or not believe is always your prerogative" and "No-one can dictate what you should believe" is not biblical. What you believe is opposite of what Scripture teaches. What you believe is relativism and that belief is destroying Christianity.

Thank you for your time.....Mary

Reactions: CNKW3

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered Marymog why the reformers all agreed that the papacy was the Antichrist?

Thanks to @bbyrd009 for above link.
No, I haven't.

Have you ever wondered why the Reformers all felt like they were each individually being guided by the Holy Spirit into the truth but the Holy Spirit told them different "truths"? Were they confused or was the Holy Spirit? ;)

Maybe @bbyrd009 can help you with your research on that....:rolleyes:

Reactions: CNKW3
B

brakelite

Scripture says The Apostles and elders at the Council of Jerusalem had authority over what all Christians were to believe. Scripture says that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth; not you, not me The Church.

Jesus said to his Apostles to teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. Paul then told Timothy that he was to teach the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Further saying Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls.

Sooooo your belief that we can "choose to believe or not believe is always your prerogative" and "No-one can dictate what you should believe" is not biblical. What you believe is opposite of what Scripture teaches. What you believe is relativism and that belief is destroying Christianity.

The Bereans were noble.

B

brakelite

So what is it that is the foundation for our faith...teachers or scripture? In the quoted post you are advocating both.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, I haven't.
I guess you mean couldn't possibly, not that i blame you any. I guess i would deflect away from that as fast as i could too, iyp. But i am curious why you wouldn't be more comfortable among other Catholics, on a Catholic forum, Ms Mog, what gives? Christians are never going to agree with you, can't even agree with each other mostly right lol. But bam serve yourself ok, guess evabody gotta eat right. Ok sure appreciate being treated like a pile of manure by you. Again. Have a nice day ok

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I checked a few local churches.. not a member, no baptism. Isn't that a manmade tradition? Oh well.. I will keep taking it to our Father.
Blessings!
Yes, what they are doing is a man made tradition.
First, what you have been taught about baptism is all wrong.
Second, any church you can “join” will damn your soul.
It is the Lord who “adds” you to his church after you have obeyed the gospel, and that includes baptism. The Bible is clear on this subject. You are still in your sins until you are raised out of the waters of baptism. Look at the first gospel sermon..
They heard the word
They believed the message.
They were then told to repent and be baptized.
Why? For the remission of their sins.
THEN the Bible says they were “added” to the church..
Acts 2:41,47 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
It is the Lord who adds you to his church AFTER you have obeyed the gospel. And this church was not a denomination. No Catholic, Methodist, baptist, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, community believers church. They did not exist and are all man made
So yes, you need to hear the truth, believe in it, repent, confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and be baptized for the remission of your sins. (Too many scriptures to post)

In Acts 19 Paul met with those in Ephesus and found that they had been baptized wrong. What did he do? He baptized them again in the right way for the right reason. It matters what you believe about baptism and Acts 19 is proof text of that.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I checked a few local churches.. not a member, no baptism. Isn't that a manmade tradition? Oh well.. I will keep taking it to our Father.
Blessings!
I hope you get your answer. I fought it for years but then God showed me the scripture that says, 'And now what are you waiting for, go out and be baptised.' That was Ananias telling St Paul but it spoke so strongly to me so I did it. If St Paul was baptised who am I to refuse.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is it that is the foundation for our faith...teachers or scripture? In the quoted post you are advocating both.
The foundation of the faith of Christianity is what Christ taught to good men who then taught other men who were then to teach other men. You know, kind of like scripture says in 2 Timothy 2. ;) APOSTOLIC SUCCESION...not every unstable man on his own interpreting scripture on his own and twisting it to his own liking...you know....like scripture says!!!

Not like your foundation of faith which is what you teach yourself to believe. That is called relativism and it is dangerous.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you mean couldn't possibly, not that i blame you any. I guess i would deflect away from that as fast as i could too, iyp. But i am curious why you wouldn't be more comfortable among other Catholics, on a Catholic forum, Ms Mog, what gives? Christians are never going to agree with you, can't even agree with each other mostly right lol. But bam serve yourself ok, guess evabody gotta eat right. Ok sure appreciate being treated like a pile of manure by you. Again. Have a nice day ok
Wow.....pile of manure. Soooooo Christian like of you.

Praying for ya'....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered why the Reformers all felt like they were each individually being guided by the Holy Spirit into the truth but the Holy Spirit told them different "truths"? Were they confused or was the Holy Spirit? ;)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a lie brought to you from the pit of h.....uh....the rcc.
It's the fallacy from the rcc. Another one is that the rcc calls itself "the church" but if it was truly included in "the church" it would not teach all the false dogma & have it's core religious worship centered around mary, not to mention purgatory, papal authority, confession to it's priesthood..etcc. Not to mention preaching to its parishioners that its the rcc that saves them. It is based on deceptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Preacher4Truth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Wow.....pile of manure. Soooooo Christian like of you.

Praying for ya'....Mary
Well iI guess we could review, see who needs prayer maybe.
No, I haven't.
(brush brush: subject change)
Have you ever wondered why the blah blah blah never mind your point let's focus on me and my point etc

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a lie brought to you from the pit of h.....uh....the rcc.
It's the fallacy from the rcc. Another one is that the rcc calls itself "the church" but if it was truly included in "the church" it would not teach all the false dogma & have it's core religious worship centered around mary, not to mention purgatory, papal authority, confession to it's priesthood..etcc. Not to mention preaching to its parishioners that its the rcc that saves them. It is based on deceptions.
Wow...a lie from the pit of "h".....:rolleyes:

Who does scripture tell you to confess your sins to???

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Certainly not to your fake version of co-mediatrix and co-redemptrix "Mary" nor to your false anti-Christ "vicar of Christ" and anti-biblical false office of "pope" nor to your false, blasphemous and unbiblical office of "priest" who crucifies Christ over and over in the sacrilegious "mass."

There's one mediator between God and man, the LORD Jesus Christ. 1 Timothy 2:5. We confess our sins to God, 1 John 1:8-10.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and tzcho2

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No substantiation, just diablos. There is much division in "Catholicism" and there is also its kindred spirit with all other cults and apostate religions: each of them talk of their oneness in doctrine; JW's, Mormons &c.

There has always been schism in the church concerning doctrine, since NT times. Those in NT times who claimed unity of doctrine and bragged of their being the sole source of truth were those who attacked the churches with error and a false gospel like yours. Don't you need to crucify Christ again in Mass this week? Yes, you do.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am glad you asked. Jesus taught us how we are to pray and ask in His name and He alone is our High Priest in heaven, Jesus alone is our mediator with the Heavenly Father.
I pray and confess my sins directly to our heavenly Father, the LORD God who is the Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) --I pray to Our Father God in heaven , confess my sins, and ask for forgiveness , I ask it in my Lord Jesus name.
Matt 6:9 (Jesus spoke saying : " 9 So then, this is how you should pray: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10 Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.…"
1TIM 2:5 " For there is one GOD and one Mediator between God and men , the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time.…"
Romans 8:26 " 26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

B

brakelite

Not like your foundation of faith which is what you teach yourself to believe.
There, right there, is the basis for Catholic blindness. "Teaching yourself to beleive"??? You totally deny Christ as Head of the church (which is not an ecclesiastical institution) and you deny the scriptural and Biblical principle that describes Christianity as a relationship between man and God.

1Jo 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Just because some get their wires crossed at times, does not mean we should abandon having a relationship with Jesus directly as the Vatican and a recent Pope, and you, are advising. Who are you, and how dare you suggest that we should put man ahead of God!!! Absolute Antichrist to the very core!

Even John warns us a couple of verses later that some would claim a relationship with God, but their lifestyles would testify that to be a lie.

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5 ¶ This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

If we do walk in darkness, and our characters are not being formed according to the righteousness of Christ; we are not bearing fruit in other words; does John say forget any idea of a relationship with God like your Popes have said, and like what you are suggesting? No! Absolutely not! What does he say?

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John did not suggest we join the Catholic church and confess our sins to her priests, and allow men to dictate what we should believe and interpret the Bible for us. No, he said...

1 ¶ My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 ¶ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

The above is all about relationship with God. Only through Him, by Him, and in Him and only Him is there hope.

Reactions: tzcho2