Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's 4 unrelated topics. The first is a hateful un-Christian attack, calling Catholicism a cult. The other 2 are standard Protestant misunderstandings. Your whole post has nothing to do with the flow of the discussion.

The fact that you have a known SDA cult follower who "likes" your post says enough about you.

It may have little to do with being re-baptized, but she is right: the Catholic Church is not a Christian church.
It is not 'hateful' and 'un-Christian' to call it a cult.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's 4 unrelated topics. The first is a hateful un-Christian attack, calling Catholicism a cult. The other 2 are standard Protestant misunderstandings. Your whole post has nothing to do with the flow of the discussion.

The fact that you have a known SDA cult follower who "likes" your post says enough about you.
So I take it you are a Roman Catholic.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog claims her Catholic church leaders have, without error or omission, carried out the work and teachings of Christ through the inspiration of the holy Spirit without pause or break for 2000 years. This despite the cries and screams of the persecuted calling out for justice as their blood trickles off the rocks and pages of history.
She decries any suggestion that one can today be led of the Spirit without the over-arching authority of men appointed as overseers of conscience. You may see any disagreement with such a concept as verbal ping pong, but perhaps you don't recognise what precisely is at stake here? It is religious freedom. Freedom of conscience from the human overlords who seek to usurp the authority of Jesus Christ over His own people. I think that is worth defending.
Marymog would have it that we don't realise what she is up to. But her deceptive manner of communication is not beyond the spirit of discernment available to all who are willing to surrender to Christ. She would have us believe that this is merely a debate over theology, or doctrine. No, no. It goes far deeper than that, and I will protest her Catholic claims to authority over the lives of God's people so long as I have breath.
Leaders in the church are just that. Leaders. Not overlords...not usurpers of God's authority...not masters over conscience. It is way past time that the Catholics in our midst recognised what true Protestantism was all about...and it is past time that non-Catholics among us did the same and stepped back from abandoning the very principles that gave them their freedom from Catholic tyranny. It may have taken time for Protestants to understand what real religious freedom means, but now that they do, why are they willing to give it all up for the sake of "unity"?? They are binding themselves in the same chains their forefathers fought to be free from and died that their children be free. The Christian church today, by cosying once again up to Rome, are trampling on the blood of their own spiritual pioneers.
The Protestant reformation wasn't about sola fidei, etc etc . It was about the basic human right to be free to believe in sola fidei etc etc. And it has always been, and always will be, because the leopard cannot change her spots, that Rome will oppose Protestantism and cannot accommodate any non-Catholic into fellowship without surrendering to Papal authority. That is the bottom line. Papal authority. Not doctrine, not dogma, not theology. And Marymog knows that but will only in a round=a=bout way attempt to assert it over the other members here...never never is she willing to directly address it.
Lol....You have authority over what you believe. The Church has authority over what I believe....Just like Scripture teaches.

Mary

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi troll man......Prayers a threat??.....Your silly. :rolleyes:
Just yours , you use that phrase that way. It is meant to be a insulting to others , the same as your condescending posts to any protestants.
Same as you call me a troll as an insult. The insults of the prideful deceived of the RCC has no effect on me, just pity.

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi troll man,

Nope, not a Hitler comparison.....Read the post again.....Hitler was never mentioned. ;)
Name calling? How pathetic....
Oh pahleeze , your goebbels comparison was meant to be an insulting hitler reference to propaganda and comparison- so just give us all a brake. I thought you liked to brag your so smart? Do you think others so stupid? Then you're not very...

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just yours , you use that phrase that way. It is meant to be a insulting to others , the same as your condescending posts to any protestants.
Same as you call me a troll as an insult. The insults of the prideful deceived of the RCC has no effect on me, just pity.
I call you a troll because you are a troll.

A troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community. ;)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I call you a troll because you are a troll.

A troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community. ;)
All you have is insults and condescending pride. Bad ugly fruit comes with the RC indoctrination that comes with a false spirit that makes them think they are superior. It is the opposite of Christ's church.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name calling? How pathetic....
Oh pahleeze , your goebbels comparison was meant to be an insulting hitler reference to propaganda and comparison- so just give us all a brake. I thought you liked to brag your so smart? Do you think others so stupid? Then you're not very...
Hitler is a persons name so it should be capitalized. (Here’s When To Capitalize Words - Everything After Z by Dictionary.com)

You improperly used the word "brake". You should have used break instead (Definition of BREAK) ;)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hitler is a persons name so it should be capitalized. (Here’s When To Capitalize Words - Everything After Z by Dictionary.com)
You improperly used the word "brake". You should have used break instead (Definition of BREAK) ;)
Like I or anyone here who types in haste on this little forum needs you in your typical egotistical rudeness to correct their typos, or grammar
but hey, thanks for substantiating my point by parading out --once again-- the self -delusional condescending pride. It shows you had nothing of any substance, to respond but only to nitpick in an attempt to show your vain bogus superiority.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I or anyone here who types in haste on this little forum needs you in your typical egotistical rudeness to correct their typos, or grammar
but hey, thanks for substantiating my point by parading out --once again-- the self -delusional condescending pride. It shows you had nothing of any substance, to respond but only to nitpick in an attempt to show your vain bogus superiority.
Nothing to say of any substance??? :(

You mean kind of like these posts from YOU:

You say it like it's a threat.

The hitler [sic] comparison...really?

I am in good company.....;)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog claims her Catholic church leaders have, without error or omission, carried out the work and teachings of Christ through the inspiration of the holy Spirit without pause or break for 2000 years. This despite the cries and screams of the persecuted calling out for justice as their blood trickles off the rocks and pages of history.
She decries any suggestion that one can today be led of the Spirit without the over-arching authority of men appointed as overseers of conscience. You may see any disagreement with such a concept as verbal ping pong, but perhaps you don't recognise what precisely is at stake here? It is religious freedom. Freedom of conscience from the human overlords who seek to usurp the authority of Jesus Christ over His own people. I think that is worth defending.
Marymog would have it that we don't realise what she is up to. But her deceptive manner of communication is not beyond the spirit of discernment available to all who are willing to surrender to Christ. She would have us believe that this is merely a debate over theology, or doctrine. No, no. It goes far deeper than that, and I will protest her Catholic claims to authority over the lives of God's people so long as I have breath.
Leaders in the church are just that. Leaders. Not overlords...not usurpers of God's authority...not masters over conscience. It is way past time that the Catholics in our midst recognised what true Protestantism was all about...and it is past time that non-Catholics among us did the same and stepped back from abandoning the very principles that gave them their freedom from Catholic tyranny. It may have taken time for Protestants to understand what real religious freedom means, but now that they do, why are they willing to give it all up for the sake of "unity"?? They are binding themselves in the same chains their forefathers fought to be free from and died that their children be free. The Christian church today, by cosying once again up to Rome, are trampling on the blood of their own spiritual pioneers.
The Protestant reformation wasn't about sola fidei, etc etc . It was about the basic human right to be free to believe in sola fidei etc etc. And it has always been, and always will be, because the leopard cannot change her spots, that Rome will oppose Protestantism and cannot accommodate any non-Catholic into fellowship without surrendering to Papal authority. That is the bottom line. Papal authority. Not doctrine, not dogma, not theology. And Marymog knows that but will only in a round=a=bout way attempt to assert it over the other members here...never never is she willing to directly address it.

I have to wonder if the Catholics ever think of the fact that, Jesus said that false teachers will come right in, so to be beware.

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. (2 Peter 2:1)"

Heresies started at the get go...many errors from then are still practiced within the Catholic Church. The Church had to GROW. And, it could only do that by correcting error and, this is where the Protestants came in but, the Catholics dug in their feet and decided that THEY had ALL truth. Yes, many Protestants are splintered, as we are human and will err at times. The "Church", IMHO- will NEVER be in unity in this broken world. Only when Jesus has made all things good again will we have true unity as, we will know Him as He is ♥
"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2 . :)

Reactions: brakelite

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing to say of any substance??? :(
You mean kind of like these posts from YOU:
You say it like it's a threat.
The hitler [sic] comparison...really?

I am in good company.....;)

Typical , nothing original, cannot admit you did make a hitler comparison, and just your usual snipes.

B

brakelite

Lol....You have authority over what you believe. The Church has authority over what I believe....Just like Scripture teaches.

Mary
No, no church, or individual within any organisation, be it church or otherwise, has authority over what you believe. What you choose to believe or not believe is always your prerogative. Just as it is your prerogative to choose what church you deem teaches and practices faith the closest to your beliefs, and whether to join such a church. Your conscience is your own. It belongs to no-one else...only Christ Himself has authority when it comes to your eternal destiny. And what you conscientiously believe and accept affects your destiny. No-one can dictate what you should believe, just as no-one can coerce you to believe something you conscientiously object to. But if your church believes as you do, little wonder then it has persecuted millions seeing she thinks she has authority over other peoples' consciences. All her talk of religious freedom then is total duck poo.

Reactions: Pearl
B

brakelite

Mary
Have you ever wondered Marymog why the reformers all agreed that the papacy was the Antichrist? From The amazing name Antichrist: meaning and etymology

The Antichrist...

There are so many people who have tried to explain the antichrist that this utterly simple phenomenon has managed to slither into the realm of the very complicated. No longer so.

Antichrist is obviously the opposite of Christ, and although the word "Christ" is mostly recognized as being the surname of Jesus of Nazareth, it's really an ordinary word which means anointed (see the word study below). Someone would be called an anointed when that person had a rank that had no earthly superior, namely that of king, prophet or high priest.

The epithet Christ or Messiah (same word but in Hebrew) was never meant to be used exclusively for Jesus (the word משיח, mashiah, occurs forty times in the Old Testament). A follower of Jesus is someone who operates according to the principle of being anointed, that is: having no earthly superior.

A follower of Jesus Christ does not simply follow like an admirer or loyal drone; he or she partakes in the state of being anointed (2 CORINTHIANS 1:21, 1 JOHN 2:20). The word Christian is really a misnomer; we are Christs, we are anointed ones, we are kings, prophets and high priests and we have no earthly superiors (1 CORINTHIANS 4:8, HEBREWS 12:28, JAMES 2:5, and particularly 1 PETER 2:9). We talk directly to God and God talks directly to us. There's nothing and no one that can stand between us and him (ROMANS 8:38-39). It's therefore the purpose of Christ to put an end to all rule and all authority and power (1 CORINTHIANS 15:24).

The antichrist is anyone or anything that wiggles in between a human being and God, someone who professes to know God better, or who speaks in God's name, or who rules people "according to God's will". All that is nonsense. Since the resurrection of Jesus Christ, humanity has direct access to the deity (JOHN 14:6-7) and nobody needs anybody else to talk with God or to know what God wants (JOHN 10:27-28, ROMANS 2:15, HEBREWS 4:12, 10:16). The Lord has shown very clearly what is good and what he requires of us (Micah 6:8), and his divine nature can clearly be seen through what has been made (ROMANS 1:20). Anybody who places himself in between a human person and the Lord, blocks that person from accessing the Lord and is an antichrist.

Antichrist — definition
The antichrist is the opposite of Christ, and Christ is anyone who has no earthly superior. Antichrist is that which brings a person under human authority, and does not allow that person to obey the voice of the Creator, which all people hear in their own heart.

Thanks to @bbyrd009 for above link.

B

brakelite

That is the bottom line. Papal authority. Not doctrine, not dogma, not theology. And Marymog knows that but will only in a round=a=bout way attempt to assert it over the other members here...never never is she willing to directly address it.
Kudos for you for finally directly facing up to this issue in a manner which clearly demonstrates the stand your church takes...

Mary
Which is Catholic despotism.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic Church uplifts Protestantism at every opportunity, if you bother to read her teachings (CCC817-820, Ut Unam Sint). Your sense of inferiority is self imposed. Stop wasting text being like the referee in a wrestling match. If you don't like a person's STYLE of writing, don't reply to them. It's simple.

A while back I started a thread called "The Seventh Day Dilemma". I didn't make a Hitler comparison, I made a Hitler exposure, and used only SDA resources. I proved how the SDA got exemptions from holocaust persecutions by collaborating with Nazi propaganda.

Last edited:

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I checked a few local churches.. not a member, no baptism. Isn't that a manmade tradition? Oh well.. I will keep taking it to our Father.
Blessings!

Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical , nothing original, cannot admit you did make a hitler comparison, and just your usual snipes.
LOL.....Can't admit it because it didn't happen. ;)