Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, lots of vanity and contempt bred into the rcc. So the opposite of the true church.

Don't you wonder how they got so far from the truth? They have always had the Scriptures to guide them, but then, men took over and countermanded what the Holy Spirit taught through the word that He inspired. Very sad. One billion people being led astray. But the RCC is not content with just one billion---they want to lead the Muslims astray too (not that Islam doesn't already lead them astray). The Mary cults are secretly drawing in huge numbers of Muslim women.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yet we are debating the future of thousands of Muslims among us, and they are not debating the future of thousands of Christians among them. Hmm.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This is something I tried to ask my mom about. I was baptised as a baby, is it all I need? I don't want to put Jesus back on the cross, I just want the salvation, cleansing, filled with the spirit.. my faith in Him is strong, my repentence true.

Wasn't sure where to put this, please move if it's in the wrong forum. Ty
what did you go out into the wilderness to see, Acolyte?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only "Roman" Churches I know of are the parishes of Rome - but they are part of the Catholic Church.
Never heard of the "Roman Church".

And where do your orders come from? Is the Pope a Roman Pontiff?

Your denial is an embarassment. But go ahead and play dumb. Probably your only way out.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, yes. You want to know what 'cherry picking' is? It's when you come face to face with Scripture that is against you. Just like you just did.

Good grief, do you really believe that there is nothing but water baptism? What in the world do they teach yall in your Bible classes. Assuming of course you have Bible classes.

When you read of fire, it's not always hell. When you read of salvation, it's not always your immediate salvation, it can also involve your sanctification. My point is that when you read of Baptism, you don't have to always go looking for a water hole. It may well speak to spirit baptism which is different. And that is what the verses here in (Col. 2:10-13) speak to.

You know it...yet you feel now you must argue lest you reveal your complete ignorance in the matter.

Stranger
Funny thing is - I never said that Water Baptism was "ALL" there is.
I said that Water Baptism is necessary for salvation because the BIBLE says so.

In case you haven't been reading the posts - it's been MY point all along - which is the Catholic and Biblical position - that Water Baptism is WHEN we are indwelt with the Holy Spirit (John 3:5, Acts 2:38, Ezek. 36:25-27).
However - you can continue to lie about what I said - as you usually do . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where do your orders come from? Is the Pope a Roman Pontiff?
Your denial is an embarassment. But go ahead and play dumb. Probably your only way out.
Stranger
Not sure HOW many time I have to provide you with this information before it penetrates into your skull - but here it is again.
These are the official titles of the Pope - and not the ignorant CNN versions . . .
- Bishop of Rome
- Vicar of Jesus Christ
- Successor of the Prince of the Apostles
- Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church
- Primate of Italy
- Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province
- Sovereign of the State of Vatican City
- Servant of the Servants of God

Get your facts straight before posting - it makes you look less stupid . . .

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem is that neither of you geniuses has been able to show me where the Bible says that the Bible is our SOLE Authority.

Chapter and Verse, please . . .

Mostly, I have you on "ignore" because of your abusive posts, "Bread of Life". But, in seeking to be helpful to others here (as well as to you), I will attempt to answer your question. 1) I said that we hold to the PRIMACY of Scripture. You can look that up in the dictionary. 2) The Holy Spirit is the SOLE (there's that word that you have misused) teaching authority in the Church--through the word that He inspired and directly through His indwelling. Any teaching ability that humans have is under His authority and He brings that manifestation through His indwelling presence to whomever He chooses. 3) Jesus over and over stressed the primacy of Scripture and He illustrated it through His using it as the SOLE (ah--that word again) weapon to defeat the lies of Satan, during the Temptation (Jesus did NOT say, "Wait, I'll be right back as soon as I can get one of the Temple priests to come back here with me.") 4) And this is probably the most important of all--Jesus said that, "The Scriptures cannot be broken" in John 10:35. Everyone knows that humans lie. There are myriad verses of Scripture which uphold the primacy of Scripture. Here is one more: "Does not my word burn like fire? says the Lord. Is it not a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?" (Jeremiah 23:29)

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly, I have you on "ignore" because of your abusive posts.
Yes, Catholics are always "abusive" when they put lying anti-Catholics like yourself in their place.
What hypocrisy . . .
But, in seeking to be helpful to others here (as well as you), I will attempt to answer your question. 1) I said that we hold to the PRIMACY of Scripture. You can look that up in the dictionary. 2) The Holy Spirit is the SOLE (there's that word that you have misused) teaching authority in the Church--through the word that He inspired. Any teaching ability that humans have is under His authority and He brings that manifestation to whomever He chooses. 3) Jesus over and over stressed the primacy of Scripture through His using it as the SOLE (ah--that word again) weapon to defeat the lies of Satan during the Temptation (Jesus did NOT say, "Wait, I'll be right back as soon as I can get one of the Temple priests to come back here with me." 4) And this is probably the most important of all--Jesus said that, "The Scriptures cannot be broken" in John 10:35. Everyone knows that humans lie. There are myriad verses of Scripture which uphold the primacy of Scripture. Here is one more: "Does not my word burn like fire? says the Lord. Is it not a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?" (Jeremiah 23:29)
Now you're getting somewhere . . .

To make the Protestant blunder that Scripture is our Sole authority is patently anti-Scriptural. This IS what you meant - and now you're back-pedaling. HOWEVER - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and allow you to change your tune to the "Holy Spirit" is our Sole teaching Authority.

Now - this STILL discredits Sola Scriptura because Matt. 28:19 states emphatically that the CHURCH is to "teach all nations" - granted, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. BUT, Jesus NEVER said that the BIBLE would teach all nations. In fact the Bible itself says that faith comes from HEARING the Word (Rom. 10:17) - not READING it.

Jesus told the leaders of His Church at the Last Supper that the Holy Spirit would guide His Church to ALL TRUTH (John 16:12-15).

YOUR turn . . .

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BreadOfLife, post: 541102, member: 7345"]Uh huh.
Now, HOW and WHEN do you think this Baptism of the Spirit occurs, Einstein??
[/QUOTE]

I don’t know the specifics of how or when the Holy Spirit indwells an individual after conversation. It could be as early as six months in a mother’s womb as in the case with John the Baptist, or two hours before death as with the thief on the cross. Every experience is different.

To God Be The Glory

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know the specifics of how or when the Holy Spirit indwells an individual after conversation. It could be as early as six months in a mother’s womb as in the case with John the Baptist, or two hours before death as with the thief on the cross. Every experience is different.

To God Be The Glory
We know that there are exceptions to the rule. God CAN and DOES make exceptions - wherever and whenever He pleases.

HOWEVER, Peter told the 3000 who were Baptized at Pentecost that you get baptized - and that's HOW you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit:
Acts 2:38

Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized,* every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; AND you will receive the gift of the holy Spirit.

This is similar to how Ezekiel describes the process in his prophecy about Baptism:
Ezek. 36:25-27
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. AND I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you wonder how they got so far from the truth? They have always had the Scriptures to guide them, but then, men took over and countermanded what the Holy Spirit taught through the word that He inspired. Very sad. One billion people being led astray. But the RCC is not content with just one billion---they want to lead the Muslims astray too (not that Islam doesn't already lead them astray). The Mary cults are secretly drawing in huge numbers of Muslim women.
The RCC wants to be the One world religion, they are going after all the other religions to include them, thats why the ecumenical push now. The born again believers will not bow to Rome. The rcc needs to be submitted to God's teachings to be saved, they have made their own man made religion.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The RCC wants to be the One world religion, they are going after all the other religions to include them, thats why the ecumenical push now. The born again believers will not bow to Rome. The rcc needs to be submitted to God's teachings to be saved, they have made their own man made religion.

p.s. I remain blissfully unaware of any posts by "Bread of Life" (I put him back on "ignore"). He is apparently "spoiling for a fight" but, if we don't fight with him, it will deprive him of fuel for his ire. I read a book by Fr. John Powell. He said that he was a priest for (I think) ten years before he became a born-again Christian. I pray the same will happen with "Bread of Life".

Reactions: tzcho2

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny thing is - I never said that Water Baptism was "ALL" there is.
I said that Water Baptism is necessary for salvation because the BIBLE says so.

In case you haven't been reading the posts - it's been MY point all along - which is the Catholic and Biblical position - that Water Baptism is WHEN we are indwelt with the Holy Spirit (John 3:5, Acts 2:38, Ezek. 36:25-27).
However - you can continue to lie about what I said - as you usually do . . .

Funny thing is, you equate water baptism to Spirit baptism. And you then try and make water baptism necessary for Spirit baptism. You then throw water on your infants and so now according to you that which takes place in (Col. 2:11-12) occurs with the infant also. As I said, not all references to baptism in Scripture are to water baptism.

No, water baptism is not when we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. One must first exercise faith. (Rom. 10:14) "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?"

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure HOW many time I have to provide you with this information before it penetrates into your skull - but here it is again.
These are the official titles of the Pope - and not the ignorant CNN versions . . .
- Bishop of Rome
- Vicar of Jesus Christ
- Successor of the Prince of the Apostles
- Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church
- Primate of Italy
- Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province
- Sovereign of the State of Vatican City
- Servant of the Servants of God

Get your facts straight before posting - it makes you look less stupid . . .

You didn't answer my question. Is the Roman Pontiff, or your Pope, who is the Bishop of Rome, over you and the Roman Church. What you call the Catholic Church. Now, lie to me some more.

It doesn't matter if Roman Pontiff is not an official title. The Pope is known as the Roman Pontiff. From 'Catholic Encyclopedia: The Pope-New Advent'
"The Title pope, once used with far greater latitude...is at present employed to denote the Bishop of Rome, who, in virtue of his position as successor of St. Peter, is the chief pastor of the whole Church, the vicar of Christ upon the earth....The church's doctrine as to the pope was authoritatively declared in the Vatican Council in the Constitution 'Pastor Aetermus'. The four chapters of that Constitution deal respectfully with the office of Supreme Head conferred on St. Peter, the perpetuity of this office in the person of the Roman Pontiff..." From 'Catholic Encyclopedia: The Pope- New Advent'

You do like to duck and dodge and weave at anything that connects the Roman Church being identified as Roman. We have argued this before. As I have said, if your so ashamed of being connected with the Roman Church, why don't you leave? Even your Catechism of the Council of Trent is called the 'Roman Catechism'. See "The Roman Catechism of the Council of Trent"

Why this desire on your part to not be connected to Rome? Because it makes you look oxymoronic when the Roman Church is called the Roman Catholic Church. Which is what it is. It is the Church of Rome, obtaining rule over the entire Church of Jesus Christ by a select priestly class, such as yourself. You answer to your Roman Pontiff. You answer to the Church at Rome. You are not Catholic, you are Roman. You don't fool anyone.

Stranger

Last edited:
Reactions: tzcho2

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Translation, please.
wait I thought it was Muslims y'all were all plexed about right now? Hopefully at some point even you guys might see the pattern emerging here?

So look, since I don't have a dog in this hunt could y'all clarify who it is you fear, what, taking over the world, I guess? And pls don't kid yourself about ppl who use the phrase "born-again believers" and sing "when we all get to heaven" ok, Rome has many hills!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You didn't answer my question. Is the Roman Pontiff, or your Pope, who is the Bishop of Rome, over you and the Roman Church. What you call the Catholic Church. Now, lie to me some more.

It doesn't matter if Roman Pontiff is not an official title. The Pope is known as the Roman Pontiff. From 'Catholic Encyclopedia: The Pope-New Advent'
"The Title pope, once used with far greater latitude...is at present employed to denote the Bishop of Rome, who, in virtue of his position as successor of St. Peter, is the chief pastor of the whole Church, the vicar of Christ upon the earth....The church's doctrine as to the pope was authoritatively declared in the Vatican Council in the Constitution 'Pastor Aetermus'. The four chapters of that Constitution deal respectfully with the office of Supreme Head conferred on St. Peter, the perpetuity of this office in the person of the Roman Pontiff..." From 'Catholic Encyclopedia: The Pope- New Advent'

You do like to duck and dodge and weave at anything that connects the Roman Church being identified as Roman. We have argued this before. As I have said, if your so ashamed of being connected with the Roman Church, why don't you leave? Even your Catechism of the Council of Trent is called the 'Roman Catechism'. See "The Roman Catechism of the Council of Trent"

Why this desire on your part to not be connected to Rome? Because it makes you look oxymoronic when the Roman Church is called the Roman Catholic Church. Which is what it is. It is the Church of Rome, obtaining rule over the entire Church of Jesus Christ by a select priestly class, such as yourself. You answer to your Roman Pontiff. You answer to the Church at Rome. You are not Catholic, you are Roman. You don't fool anyone.

Stranger
ah, never heard BoL try to disconnect himself from Rome, that would be a hoot, yes. But you might examine how spiritually connected to Rome your hill is, ok. After the knee jerk denial or whatever.