Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What it seems to you, when considering others, is usually a far cry from what actually is. You are being presumptuous.
yet I offered to show evidence ok, don't forget that part. And if anyone else asks for it you might see, being as how of course you will not be asking i guess right

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you ignoring my question? Do you not answer to the Roman Pontiff?

Of course it's fine, because you're part of the Roman Church. Roman Catechism for the Roman Church, which is under the leadership of the Roman Pontiff.

Stranger
I submit to the Authority of the Church, whose earthly head is the Bishop of Rome.
I do NOT submit to him in ALL matters - just in matters of faith and morals.

If he ordered me to pick the Yankees in the World Series, I am not bound to submit.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??
THAT'S
your out??

Soooo - if you can't trust them with THIS teaching - WHY do you trust them when they declared the Canon of the New Testament, Einstein??

It's not an out. It is the truth.

Because the declared canon of the New Testament was driven by the Spirit of God. Not a bunch of Church fathers at a council meeting. And the church 'fathers',as you call them, did not write the Scriptures, which we have. Thus by them I can declare a Luther in error and an Augustine in error.

Stranger

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I submit to the Authority of the Church, whose earthly head is the Bishop of Rome.
I do NOT submit to him in ALL matters - just in matters of faith and morals.

If he ordered me to pick the Yankees in the World Series, I am not bound to submit.

Yes, you submit to the Roman Pontiff, like I said. Because you're part of the Roman Church. Rome tells you what to do.

Of course it is in 'matters of faith and morals'. That is what we are discussing.

You want to call yourself 'catholic' but you're not. You're Roman. And Rome wants to be over the Catholic Church. And Rome has it's priestly order to enforce it's will over the Catholic Church. Which you are part of.

As a Protesatant, I am part of the Catholic church. The Catholic Church is the entire, universal, Body of Christ. And it's center and head is not Rome.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not an out. It is the truth.

Because the declared canon of the New Testament was driven by the Spirit of God. Not a bunch of Church fathers at a council meeting. And the church 'fathers',as you call them, did not write the Scriptures, which we have. Thus by them I can declare a Luther in error and an Augustine in error.

Stranger
The SAME Spirit that drove the Early Church Fathers to declare the Canon of Scripture is the SAME Spirit that guided them to ALL truth (John 16:12-15). They didn't write the Scriptures NOR did they start the traditions of of Infant Baptism.
That was the Apostles . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The SAME Spirit that drove the Early Church Fathers to declare the Canon of Scripture is the SAME Spirit that guided them to ALL truth (John 16:12-15). They didn't write the Scriptures NOR did they start the traditions of of Infant Baptism.
That was the Apostles . . .

No infant baptism in the Scriptures.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you submit to the Roman Pontiff, like I said. Because you're part of the Roman Church. Rome tells you what to do.

Of course it is in 'matters of faith and morals'. That is what we are discussing.

You want to call yourself 'catholic' but you're not. You're Roman. And Rome wants to be over the Catholic Church. And Rome has it's priestly order to enforce it's will over the Catholic Church. Which you are part of.

As a Protesatant, I am part of the Catholic church. The Catholic Church is the entire, universal, Body of Christ. And it's center and head is not Rome.

Stranger
No - as a Protestant, you're part of ONE of tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually splintering sects that ALL disagree with their fellow splinter groups yet ALL claim the Holy Spirit made'em do it.

What a mess . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
[QUOTE="bbyrd009 and I hope you understand that we hate all believers, ok, as long as you know what I mean by "hate" there. Believers will eat their children, while hiding in fear from Catholics, or Muslims, or Canadians, whoever, the model is in Scripture already, and we could even read it together if you like.[/QUOTE]so, would you rather be perceived as winning now--and possibly eating your children--or learning now, which requires that you stop with all the Standing There? Bc wadr you do not need to fear Muslims or Catholics, ok, but you maybe need to go read some of Frank, is Frank still around even? Hope you are well, Frank, genuinely sorry for your loss ok, got that new wall built yet?
Man, I am evil huh. Last guy in the world that should be here doing this lol

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No infant baptism in the Scriptures.
Stranger
No "Trinity" in the Scriptures . . .
No "Incarnation" in the Scriptures . . .
No "Bible" in the Scriptures . . .
No list of Books that make up the Canon in the Scriptures . . .

How about some of your Protestant traditions??
No "Infant dedications" in the Scriptures
No "Altar calls" in the Scriptures
No "Accepting Jesus as personal Lord and Savior" in the Scriptures
No "Sola Fide" in the Scriptures
No "Sola Scriptura" in the Scriptures

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you have managed to avoid or ignore just about every salient thread that you might have pursued in that post imo, but briefly it should be somewhat apparent that someone who describes themselves as a "believer" has some particular belief in mind when they say that, right? Yet love believes all things, and you cannot Quote "believers" in any of the places that your scribes have written that in English--try, don't try, doesn't matter, you can't; they will all Read "the faithful," every single one--but I can Quote "believers" in many places where that is not the term chosen in English, and you won't like any of them I bet ok.
In the original Scriptures "believers" xlates to "unbelievers," as soon as you stop reading in scribe, ok
Now, when you are ready--being as how it is already apparent that you ar not really looking for any truth here, right, you are looking for something else entirely I guess, or you would have called me out 4 diff ways by now--you might reread the post and go from there, or bam get with your homo friend and giggle and smirk some more, idc ok, bc I don't know. I wish you the best
Not so fast, stop trying to dodge my simple questions in my previous post to you , this above is your response? Nice try .
Why trying to dodge my previous Question to you? Where's your honest response?
I'll post it again.
So, you admit to hating all believers.
Are you are Jewish? or muslim? sounds like your statement < in previous post> is the blood libel against Jews flipped against believers in your post.
I ask because You stated "we hate all believers". Who is "we"? Are you of Jewish or muslim background?

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - as a Protestant, you're part of ONE of tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually splintering sects that ALL disagree with their fellow splinter groups yet ALL claim the Holy Spirit made'em do it.

What a mess . . .

The Catholic Church is the universal Church of Jesus Christ. Of which I am a part. It is composed of believers of any denomination, even the Roman one. Yes, the Roman Church is but a denomination of the Christian faith. But it seeks to rule over the entire Church of Jesus Christ.

All so called 'splinter groups' are the result of Rome's insistence for all to obey her authority. The Reformation didn't start it. Rome starts it. Just as she did with the split from the Eastern Church. The Eastern Orthodox would not have the Roman Pontiff ruling over them. So, the Roman Pontiff excommunicated the Eastern Church. That was 11 century I believe. Some 500 years before the Reformation.

I would rather have the many denominations then be under the heel of the Roman Pontiff. And what do you think about the Pope kissing the feet of the African political leader this past week. Made me sick. Made me glad I wasn't under his authority.

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No "Trinity" in the Scriptures . . .
No "Incarnation" in the Scriptures . . .
No "Bible" in the Scriptures . . .
No list of Books that make up the Canon in the Scriptures . . .

How about some of your Protestant traditions??
No "Infant dedications" in the Scriptures
No "Altar calls" in the Scriptures
No "Accepting Jesus as personal Lord and Savior" in the Scriptures
No "Sola Fide" in the Scriptures
No "Sola Scriptura" in the Scriptures

But the Trinity, Incarnation are in the Scriptures. Infant Baptism is not. I have the Bible in my hand.

Infant dedications do not baptize and make one saved. Your tradition of infant baptism does. An altar call is not required. If it is done, it is the decision of the individual church or pastor.

Accepting Christ as Lord and Saviour is a legitimate statement. (John 1:12) "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. "

Salvation is by faith alone. Scripture is to be our only authority.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
^tell him Snoop Dawg! It's like this and like that, huh
are you guys both gonna Stand There until you literally die too?
I ask because You stated "we hate all believers". Who is "we"? Are you of Jewish or muslim background?
ah well we have a Scripture for that, there are no Jew or Gentile in the kingdom,
but I guess you can interpret that diff too if you like.

I deleted that post to avoid the conflict, sorry I didn't beat you to it ok
have a good one

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

What a mess . . .
I particularly have to note the misuse of "prepetually splintering" there BoL, like that is a bad thing. Seems bad to you maybe, but every mountain will be leveled, every valley filled. So I mean keep saying that if you like, but you might see it will be taken for...well, what it is, a put down, the way you are using it, ok.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic Church is the universal Church of Jesus Christ. Of which I am a part. It is composed of believers of any denomination, even the Roman one. Yes, the Roman Church is but a denomination of the Christian faith. But it seeks to rule over the entire Church of Jesus Christ.

All so called 'splinter groups' are the result of Rome's insistence for all to obey her authority. The Reformation didn't start it. Rome starts it. Just as she did with the split from the Eastern Church. The Eastern Orthodox would not have the Roman Pontiff ruling over them. So, the Roman Pontiff excommunicated the Eastern Church. That was 11 century I believe. Some 500 years before the Reformation.

I would rather have the many denominations then be under the heel of the Roman Pontiff. And what do you think about the Pope kissing the feet of the African political leader this past week. Made me sick. Made me glad I wasn't under his authority.

Stranger

Yes--the Vatican has always had political ambitions. Today is no different. What other group of religious people have actual diplomatic missions to all the nations of the earth? When you read through the history of the Roman "church" you discover what a monstrosity it is. Even into the 20th century, it was encouraging brutal dictators in S. American countries to slaughter non-Roman Catholics and giving them papal citations.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--the Vatican has always had political ambitions. Today is no different. What other group of religious people have actual diplomatic missions to all the nations of the earth? When you read through the history of the Roman "church" you discover what a monstrosity it is. Even into the 20th century, it was encouraging brutal dictators in S. American countries to slaughter non-Roman Catholics and giving them papal citations.
It is brutal & arrogant as Rome has always been, and it has always been the persecutor of the true church of Christ.