Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wait I thought it was Muslims y'all were all plexed about right now? Hopefully at some point even you guys might see the pattern emerging here?
So look, since I don't have a dog in this hunt could y'all clarify who it is you fear, what, taking over the world, I guess? And pls don't kid yourself about ppl who use the phrase "born-again believers" and sing "when we all get to heaven" ok, Rome has many hills!
Y'all ?
There is no "we" according to your consistent statements. Really, I'm not interested in those who out of one side of the mouth claim to be Christian but show their hate filled bigoted hearts by always speaking derogatory towards Christian believers. You have a problem with the phrase born again, refer to the source.
"Ye must be born again."~ Jesus of Nazareth
John 3:7 "6 Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said, 'You Must Be Born Again' 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”…

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There is no "we" according to your consistent statements
Oh, then I was misunderstood, sorry, there might certainly be a "we," I am a member of many diff groups of "we's," and I was saying that bc the "we" was not being defined ok, not bc there was no "we" per se. So sorry, my fault.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Y'all ?
There is no "we" according to your consistent statements. Really, I'm not interested in those who out of one side of the mouth claim to be Christian but show their hate filled bigoted hearts by always speaking derogatory towards Christian believers. You have a problem with the phrase born again, refer to the source.
"Ye must be born again."~ Jesus of Nazareth
John 3:7 "6 Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said, 'You Must Be Born Again' 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”…
and sorry, but I read the rest and I still am not clear on who it is you fear more, Muslims or Catholics?

and I hope you understand that we hate all believers, ok, as long as you know what I mean by "hate" there. Believers will eat their children, while hiding in fear from Catholics, or Muslims, or Canadians, whoever, the model is in Scripture already, and we could even read it together if you like.

you are basically relating that you are under siege right?
Do I have this part right?
Lemme know ok

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I mean if you must be born again then why do you sound like every other fear-monger in the world, no offense? Why do you scare me, and they do not?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I mean if you must be born again then why do you sound like every other fear-monger in the world, no offense? Why do you scare me, and they do not?

Once again, bbyd, you live up to your avatar. Just so you know, I fear no human "What can mortals do to me?" (Psalm 56:4) and I don't have the foggiest notion of why you would be frightened by Christians.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny thing is, you equate water baptism to Spirit baptism. And you then try and make water baptism necessary for Spirit baptism. You then throw water on your infants and so now according to you that which takes place in (Col. 2:11-12) occurs with the infant also. As I said, not all references to baptism in Scripture are to water baptism.

No, water baptism is not when we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. One must first exercise faith. (Rom. 10:14) "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?"

Stranger
Hogwash.

The Scriptures tell us of the ENTIRE households of Cornelius, Stephanas and the Philippian Jailer being baptized. Entire households had people of EVERY age. The testimonies of the Early Church Fathers CONCUR with this by stating emphatically that baptizing children and INFANTS was handed down to them by the APOSTLES.

The funny thing about the Early Church Fathers - they didn't always agree on everything. However - they were UNANIMOUS in their belief and practice of Infant Baptism being an Apostolic Tradition.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Mostly, I have you on "ignore" because of your abusive posts, "Bread of Life". But, in seeking to be helpful to others here (as well as to you), I will attempt to answer your question. 1) I said that we hold to the PRIMACY of Scripture. You can look that up in the dictionary. 2) The Holy Spirit is the SOLE (there's that word that you have misused) teaching authority in the Church--through the word that He inspired and directly through His indwelling. Any teaching ability that humans have is under His authority and He brings that manifestation through His indwelling presence to whomever He chooses. 3) Jesus over and over stressed the primacy of Scripture and He illustrated it through His using it as the SOLE (ah--that word again) weapon to defeat the lies of Satan, during the Temptation (Jesus did NOT say, "Wait, I'll be right back as soon as I can get one of the Temple priests to come back here with me.") 4) And this is probably the most important of all--Jesus said that, "The Scriptures cannot be broken" in John 10:35. Everyone knows that humans lie. There are myriad verses of Scripture which uphold the primacy of Scripture. Here is one more: "Does not my word burn like fire? says the Lord. Is it not a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?" (Jeremiah 23:29)
If only you held all Scripture in the same regard, huh?
No one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it, the Son of Man
burns really good dunnit

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If only you held all Scripture in the same regard, huh?
No one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it, the Son of Man
burns really good dunnit

No--I actually know what it means--doesn't burn at all. Now, be a nice boy and stop harassing Christians, please. I think I will put you on my "ignore" list for a while.

Reactions: tzcho2

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No--I actually know what it means--doesn't burn at all. Now, be a nice boy and stop harassing Christians, please. I think I will put you on my "ignore" list for a while.
ok then, you know, as you say, and I do not know, as I have already said.
Now, go and lead the blind, and best of luck to you ok.
you need instructions for how to put someone on ignore maybe?
Bc you are already ignoring me, see, nothing will change for me except that I will get some relief, ok. Near as I can tell you have a perfect reply record, 100% ignoring, avoiding, or deflecting away from the obvious subject of a post, even when you have introduced the subject?
Have a nice weekend ok

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and sorry, but I read the rest and I still am not clear on who it is you fear more, Muslims or Catholics?

and I hope you understand that we hate all believers, ok, as long as you know what I mean by "hate" there. Believers will eat their children, while hiding in fear from Catholics, or Muslims, or Canadians, whoever, the model is in Scripture already, and we could even read it together if you like.

you are basically relating that you are under siege right?
Do I have this part right?
Lemme know ok
You have absolutely Nothing right.
There is no fear in any of my statements either literally or implied. Neither did I mention any group whatsoever.
Just stating the facts & reading people's statements as they are, must be an unknown to you.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya, those who claim to be Christian just to harass Christians, the internet trolls -- a modern version of the biblical persecutors & mockers of believers. Blocking sounds like a fine idea.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...and I hope you understand that we hate all believers, ok, as long as you know what I mean by "hate" there. Believers will eat their children,..."
So, you admit to hating all believers. Are you are Jewish? or muslim? sounds like your statement above is the blood libel against Jews flipped against believers in your post.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer my question. Is the Roman Pontiff, or your Pope, who is the Bishop of Rome, over you and the Roman Church. What you call the Catholic Church. Now, lie to me some more.

It doesn't matter if Roman Pontiff is not an official title. The Pope is known as the Roman Pontiff. From 'Catholic Encyclopedia: The Pope-New Advent'
"The Title pope, once used with far greater latitude...is at present employed to denote the Bishop of Rome, who, in virtue of his position as successor of St. Peter, is the chief pastor of the whole Church, the vicar of Christ upon the earth....The church's doctrine as to the pope was authoritatively declared in the Vatican Council in the Constitution 'Pastor Aetermus'. The four chapters of that Constitution deal respectfully with the office of Supreme Head conferred on St. Peter, the perpetuity of this office in the person of the Roman Pontiff..." From 'Catholic Encyclopedia: The Pope- New Advent'

You do like to duck and dodge and weave at anything that connects the Roman Church being identified as Roman. We have argued this before. As I have said, if your so ashamed of being connected with the Roman Church, why don't you leave? Even your Catechism of the Council of Trent is called the 'Roman Catechism'. See "The Roman Catechism of the Council of Trent"

Why this desire on your part to not be connected to Rome? Because it makes you look oxymoronic when the Roman Church is called the Roman Catholic Church. Which is what it is. It is the Church of Rome, obtaining rule over the entire Church of Jesus Christ by a select priestly class, such as yourself. You answer to your Roman Pontiff. You answer to the Church at Rome. You are not Catholic, you are Roman. You don't fool anyone.

Stranger
Once again - you read but you FAIL to understand.

Let's start with "Roman Church."
I belong to the Catholic Church. If I live in New York, I would be a Catholic who belonged to the New York Church. If I live in New Orleans - same thing. Those in ROME belong to the Roman Church - I don't.

As for the Roman Catechism - that's fine. It is the Catechism of the Western Church - or the ROMAN/LATIN Rite. You'll never understand this because you refuse to understand. It's a lot more interesting to be lost in the lies . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you admit to hating all believers. Are you are Jewish? or muslim? sounds like your statement above is the blood libel against Jews flipped against believers in your post.

He's muslim going under the banner of 'christian'.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again - you read but you FAIL to understand.

Let's start with "Roman Church."
I belong to the Catholic Church. If I live in New York, I would be a Catholic who belonged to the New York Church. If I live in New Orleans - same thing. Those in ROME belong to the Roman Church - I don't.

As for the Roman Catechism - that's fine. It is the Catechism of the Western Church - or the ROMAN/LATIN Rite. You'll never understand this because you refuse to understand. It's a lot more interesting to be lost in the lies . . .

Why are you ignoring my question? Do you not answer to the Roman Pontiff?

Of course it's fine, because you're part of the Roman Church. Roman Catechism for the Roman Church, which is under the leadership of the Roman Pontiff.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hogwash.

The Scriptures tell us of the ENTIRE households of Cornelius, Stephanas and the Philippian Jailer being baptized. Entire households had people of EVERY age. The testimonies of the Early Church Fathers CONCUR with this by stating emphatically that baptizing children and INFANTS was handed down to them by the APOSTLES.

The funny thing about the Early Church Fathers - they didn't always agree on everything. However - they were UNANIMOUS in their belief and practice of Infant Baptism being an Apostolic Tradition.

Nothing said of infant baptism in any case in the Scriptures.

Well, if church fathers held to infant baptism, then they were wrong.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing said of infant baptism in any case in the Scriptures.
Well, if church fathers held to infant baptism, then they were wrong.
Stranger
Really??
THAT'S your out??

Soooo - if you can't trust them with THIS teaching - WHY do you trust them when they declared the Canon of the New Testament, Einstein??