Should the Bible translation be changed? (Poll)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should the Bible translation be changed?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very meaning of Translate:
Is: the process of translating words or text from one language into another.

Translating From One Language, using the Alphabet, and pronunciation of the AN "other" Language, of the "Others Alphabet and Pronunciation" is Accomplished in Biblical Translations From ONE language, alphabet, text, pronunction To English language, alphabet, text, pronunciation...yet keeping the "UNDERSTANDING" of the meaning "in tact".

English: Jesus
Greek: Ἰησοῦς
Hebrew: ישוע‎
Chinese: 耶稣
Arabic: عيسى

You appear to be asking for an English Translation....but with a Text version (Of an Other Language, Text Alphabet and Pronunciation,) so the Understanding of the Name can be Understood, according to Original Intent.

The translation of the English Name Jesus in Scripture (From Hebrew and Greek) repeatedly (in English Translated Scriptures), maintains Original Intent by repeatedly identifying;
Jesus: IS:
The Name...
The Word...
The Son...
The Annointed Holy One...
The Christ...
The Truth...
The Life...
The Spirit...
The Seed...
The Wisdom...
The Way...
(Etc.)
OF God.

Glory to God,
[/QUOTE
=====================================
Glory to God always !
Good subject.

This makes the KJV the plumbline for all those translations.

Any language must translate to satisfy the KJV meanings.

God set the KJV up to be this very thing from ancient Greek some 400 years ago, before those other languages were used to translate the ancient Greek into them.

Those translators compared their works to the English KJV for correct meanings.

They sure did not use the modern versions as a comparison, lest they created a concoction of mush.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes the KJV the plumbline for all those translations.

Any language must translate to satisfy the KJV meanings.
No. The KJV may well be very good , and might even be one of the best, for hundreds of years,
but no, it is not the standard.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The KJV may well be very good , and might even be one of the best, for hundreds of years,
but no, it is not the standard.
What translation is the plumbline(standard bearer) then?

Or....what would you compare YOUR translation you created to?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What translation is the plumbline(standard bearer) then?
Or....what would you compare YOUR translation you created to?
Undisclosed. (pending ) ....

I don't have a translation created to, as in your post "YOUR translation" ...
or
did you mean something else ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ Jesus, Yahushua Hamashiach, is (in English) God Eternal, One with the Father (echad in Hebrew) ... with no beginning and no end.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
His associated vowels are lost to history. That is why there is a dispute between "Jehovah," "Yahweh" and everything in between.
my understanding is that YHWH are their vowels, H being used two diff ways...tryna think where i got that from...ah,

"The oft repeated rumor has it that Biblical Hebrew has no vowels, and any now existing vowels were added later. This is incorrect. The great success of the Hebrew language lies precisely in the Hebrew invention of vowel notation. This invention was made around the time of king David (roughly 1000 BC, at the dawn of the Iron Age), and it gave ordinary people access to vast amounts of information. Prior to vowel notation, reading and writing was a magical affair for which one had to train in special priestly schools. Vowel notation allowed ordinary people to access vast vaults of information after a relatively simple education. Upon vowel notation, simply everybody could learn, share and add to what mankind knew, and this in turn led to the surge of human modernity that is still in full swing today..." The amazing name Masoretes: meaning and etymology "
Masoretes and vowels in the Hebrew Bible

"
This pronounceable form of YHWH was introduced in 1520 by Galatinus but immediately strongly contested. Because the Hebrew script almost only consists of consonants, the vowels had to be inserted when the text was read out loud. When the language ceased to be used, the Masoretes devised an ingenious vowel-notation system to preserve the pronunciation.

However, the name YHWH was deemed so holy that it shouldn't be pronounced. Instead, the reader would say אדוני (adonai), meaning My Lord, from the unused and not translatable root אדון ('adon). Another derivation of this same root is the noun אדן ('eden a, not to be confused with עדן, the name Eden), meaning pedestal.

Hence the Masoretes superimposed the vowel-notation of אדוני onto יהוה and the word Jehovah was born." The amazing name Jehovah: meaning and etymology

"
The Hebrews were the first to incorporate vowels in their written text, and by doing this the previously esoteric art of writing and reading became available to the masses. The seemingly casual command to 'write' something on doors or foreheads included the invention of a writing system that could be learned by everybody. A very big deal, and resulting in the most powerful tool of data preservation up to this common age.

Hebrew theology is by far the most influential ever, and this is in part due to the Hebrew invention of vowel notation. This power (this theology) contrasted others by use of the vowel notation, using symbols that were already used and until then only represented consonants, namely the letters ו (waw), י (yod) and ה (he). And to give an example: the word דוד is either the word dod, meaning beloved (and the ו is a vowel), or it is the word dud, meaning jar (and the ו is again a vowel), or it is the word dawid, which is the name David (and the ו is a consonant)..." The amazing name YHWH: meaning and etymology "
The temple of YHWH

so you might see if you can punch any holes in these, love to hear them :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As God says in His Word, perfectly right - no need to guess at all.
ha well then who might "the wise" be in that context, if not those who have eaten from the tree of knowledge, and reject what is it?

dont little kids guess a lot?

which sounds maybe accusing i guess, but imo this is something everyone does, at least in the West and increasingly moreso in the East, although historically that was not their tradition in the East as they were raised more Daoist, Tao we call it, hence dont go to the kings of the East prolly

I will give the hidden manna

so, i understand that i am suggesting we go completely against our whole perspective, our modus operendi, and that this might easily be rejected out-of-hand ok, we're tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat! but i suggest at least contemplating this as a possibility?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No worries, as long as not following any voice other than the Voice of Messiah, the Shepherd.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well then who might "the wise" be in that context, if not those who have eaten from the tree of knowledge, and reject what is it?
I'm not sure, but I thought you did post once or more times about what is written in the Scripture about
the wise, perhaps those God calls truthfully wise,
and those who think themselves wise,
and those who God calls deceived,
and those who God says are teaching others to worship creation, and do so themselves ....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If they are not raised in the way they should go, likely.
well but i mean little kids, who we might say have not even "been raised" yet so to speak
I'm not sure, but I thought you did post once or more times about what is written in the Scripture about
the wise, perhaps those God calls truthfully wise,
and those who think themselves wise,
and those who God calls deceived,
and those who God says are teaching others to worship creation, and do so themselves ....
yes, so apparently at least Wisdom is hidden from the wise we can assume is meant for those wise in their own eyes right, never have to guess, etc?
Again, I hope you did post in the past what God says about this - no guessing, rather only what God says.
sorry? You hope i did post in the past what Yah says about something, no guessing? How would i know how to interpret something Yah says, without guessing? Guessing is all that i do! I mean i then go (ruthlessly) looking for Scripture that might refute that perspective, but wouldnt claiming "this is what Yah says" be a pretty slippery slope iyo?

For instance if Yah Himself came down and told you that there was absolutely no possibility that you were ever going up to heaven after you have literally died, would you believe Him? No one has ever gone up to heaven...

I suggest that this "i am only posting what God says" is a path to self-aggrandizement wadr

i am evil (if you then, being evil), and i do not know what Yah says, as a rule, imo
now i know that this maybe seems like a funny perspective to have, and i dont mean to say that i dont grope for what Yah says, but i am a thief and a liar, and mostly full of it i guess lol, and i suggest that no one believe a word that i say! Ha!

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well but i mean little kids, who we might say have not even "been raised" yet so to speak
I do too - if they are raised in the way they should go, like the ones in the Bible who lept in the womb,
they
will be very different from the children of any age who are not raised in the way they should go, right ?