Should the Bible translation be changed? (Poll)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should the Bible translation be changed?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest that this "i am only posting what God says" is a path to self-aggrandizement wadr
What did all the Messenger(s) of God say repeatedly , clearly, every one of them ?
All tested also - did some fail? Did some succeed?

Even the most well known said: TEST EVERYTHING - if it is not in line with the MESSAGE ONCE FOR ALL already delivered to you, DO NOT ACCEPT IT....

They were not self-promoting (and they say so in the Epistles, don't they? ) ....

Test everything....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For instance if Yah Himself came down and told you that there was absolutely no possibility that you were ever going up to heaven after you have literally died, would you believe Him?
No matter what Yah says, it is truth.

Do you continually doubt Him, or never hear from Jesus ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
be a pretty slippery slope iyo?
Did Jesus say something about staying on the Rock - so even when the storms come they cannot wash your house away ?

Or did Jesus say that the Rock is a slippery slope ?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I do too - if they are raised in the way they should go, like the ones in the Bible who lept in the womb,
they
will be very different from the children of any age who are not raised in the way they should go, right ?
wadr imo two diff concepts are being introduced now, and "lept in the womb" is not going to really be a practical application for us normies?
No matter what Yah says, it is truth.

Do you continually doubt Him, or never hear from Jesus ?
so then you accept that you will not go up to heaven after you have died?
Did Jesus say something about staying on the Rock - so even when the storms come they cannot wash your house away ?

Or did Jesus say that the Rock is a slippery slope ?
again it seems that you are changing the subject, even if there is some relevance there, yes; but we were discussing whether or not one claiming that they are able to clearly hear and interpret Yah in light of wisdom is hidden from the wise is the best idea or not?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr imo two diff concepts are being introduced now, and "lept in the womb" is not going to really be a practical application for us normies?
It is perhaps very important to realize that "normal" in the world is dead in sin.

Those who are a believing parent can pray (talk with the Creator) and
can talk to their baby in the womb also - and it makes a difference .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Even the most well known said: TEST EVERYTHING - if it is not in line with the MESSAGE ONCE FOR ALL already delivered to you, DO NOT ACCEPT IT....
No son of man may die for another's sins
No one has ever gone up to heaven
Your bargain with the grave will be annulled

so then if it is not in line with this message, delivered once for all already, def do not accept it imo, yes

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now, did we just have a "conversation," or no?
Before answering, perhaps look at this:
================================(trying to copy page) =======

Home
Members
>
Current Visitors

This is a list of all visitors currently browsing Christian Forums @ Christianity Board.
Robots

Robot: Google
Viewing unknown page, A moment ago
Robot: Bing
Viewing Blogs, A moment ago
Viewing Home, A moment ago
Viewing thread Is The Cross Idolatry ?, 1 minute ago
Viewing thread HILLSONG, 1 minute ago
Viewing latest content, 1 minute ago
Viewing thread The Spirit of Uzziah, 1 minute ago
Robot: Yandex
Viewing Blogs, 1 minute ago
Viewing Blogs, 2 minutes ago
Viewing unknown page, 2 minutes ago
Viewing thread HILLSONG, 2 minutes ago
Viewing Blogs, 3 minutes ago
Viewing thread Surviving Roman Catholic Heresies in Protestantism, 3 minutes ago
Viewing unknown page, 3 minutes ago
Viewing thread, 3 minutes ago
Viewing unknown page, 4 minutes ago
Viewing thread An Agenda To Hide The Truth, 4 minutes ago

Page 1 of 3
Next >

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Before answering, perhaps look at this:
================================(trying to copy page) =======

Home
Members
>
Current Visitors

This is a list of all visitors currently browsing Christian Forums @ Christianity Board.
Robots

Viewing Blogs, A moment ago
Viewing Home, A moment ago
Viewing thread Is The Cross Idolatry ?, 1 minute ago
Viewing thread HILLSONG, 1 minute ago
Viewing latest content, 1 minute ago
Viewing thread The Spirit of Uzziah, 1 minute ago
Viewing Blogs, 1 minute ago
Viewing Blogs, 2 minutes ago
Viewing unknown page, 2 minutes ago
Viewing thread HILLSONG, 2 minutes ago
Viewing Blogs, 3 minutes ago
Viewing thread Surviving Roman Catholic Heresies in Protestantism, 3 minutes ago
Viewing thread, 3 minutes ago
Viewing thread An Agenda To Hide The Truth, 4 minutes ago

Page 1 of 3
Next >
yes, so then this it is
and whats wrong with that
Weapon of Choice

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, so then this it is
and whats wrong with that
On any general, average, or particular day,
we might find out that we have been talking/ posting/ having a discussion with a variant of alexa.
(a robot)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(those bots have recorded all the posts, etc, on the internet, all the threads, discussions, etc
and they can be collated and sorted and analyzed and used against us - using AI like alexa,
like shopping apps, they can "recall" what we posted years ago, or yesterday... and
anything may eventually be used against us in a court of law )

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
(those bots have recorded all the posts, etc, on the internet, all the threads, discussions, etc
and they can be collated and sorted and analyzed and used against us - using AI like alexa,
like shopping apps, they can "recall" what we posted years ago, or yesterday... and
easily defended by an argument that one has moved on since then, i think; if one is willing to admit as much. i think we even have laws to that effect, time limits or whatever, but even in custom an older profession would natch carry less weight than a younger one i think

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should all names in the Bible be translated? For example, people say Jesus is the English name of the Son but this claim is false because it does not include the meaning it should have. If the Hebrew name of the Son would be translated, it would mean Eternal Savior, and that is the real English name of the Son. So accordingly, Matthew 1:21 would say this: But she shall bear a son, and thou shalt call his name Eternal Savior; for he shall save his people from their sins. (the name of God is Eternal)
If one would do this and translate every single name correctly, then the Bible would be even easier to understand; that means also that the people could read the familiy tree of the son.

But not only person names should be translated, but also country names like Israel (Fighter of God). Simply everything should be translated.
I'd like to read a Bible that does that.

That would just confuse everyone. Out of two thousand years, they left it alone for the most part with new English translations. But what your proposing sounds confusing.

Reactions: Sabertooth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Again, I hope you did post in the past what God says about this - no guessing, rather only what God says.
been thinkin on this, and fwiw you might contemplate the vv that suggest what might be "known" by us, post them even if you like

easily defended by an argument that one has moved on since then, i think; if one is willing to admit as much. i think we even have laws to that effect, time limits or whatever, but even in custom an older profession would natch carry less weight than a younger one i think
ok but i guess maybe if one is a politician, not so much :)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
been thinkin on this, and fwiw you might contemplate the vv that suggest what might be "known" by us, post them even if you like
Do you mean what God Says He Reveals to the pure in heart - "what might be known" to the pure in heart ?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you mean what God Says He Reveals to the pure in heart - "what might be known" to the pure in heart ?
oh, i dont know; our debate seemed to be about knowing v guessing? I actually meant to quote a siff post of yours, loosely saying that we can know, and dont have to guess

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, i dont know; our debate seemed to be about knowing v guessing? I actually meant to quote a siff post of yours, loosely saying that we can know, and dont have to guess
Yes.
Good.
Guessing is not faith.

The Father Reveals Truth, not a guess, to little children , as He Pleases, as He Says in His Word.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Father Reveals Truth, not a guess, to little children , as He Pleases, as He Says in His Word.
then maybe you might like to Quote a few passages on that subject, specifically, and we might see? Even that one, that you have just paraphrased?
A couple come to mind, but earlier you partially Quoted one, forget which now. And not Yah guessing, of course, but rather us

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Should all names in the Bible be translated? For example, people say Jesus is the English name of the Son but this claim is false because it does not include the meaning it should have. If the Hebrew name of the Son would be translated, it would mean Eternal Savior, and that is the real English name of the Son. So accordingly, Matthew 1:21 would say this: But she shall bear a son, and thou shalt call his name Eternal Savior; for he shall save his people from their sins. (the name of God is Eternal)
If one would do this and translate every single name correctly, then the Bible would be even easier to understand; that means also that the people could read the familiy tree of the son.

But not only person names should be translated, but also country names like Israel (Fighter of God). Simply everything should be translated.
I'd like to read a Bible that does that.
imo one prob that would arise from that is that (for instance) you xlate Jesus "Eternal Savior" but it is more commonly xlated "Joshua?" Curious where you extracted "eternal savior" from Jesus, the most common male name then? (Joshua anyway, same spelling i guess)