Should the books of the bible been more like 77?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, if someone disagrees with you then they are always wrong 100% of the time?

I don't have all Truth yet as I keep learning, with an open mind and spirit. I may yet come to agree with you, or you me. Though I have doubts you are open enough to let go of false doctrines and hear His voice.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have all Truth yet as I keep learning, with an open mind and spirit. I may yet come to agree with you, or you me. Though I have doubts you are open enough to let go of false doctrines and hear His voice.
So then you actually have no objective way of knowing what you believe is true because it is all based on feelings and what the "spirit tells you" is true..... noted...

Reactions: Marymog

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you actually have no objective way of knowing what you believe is true because it is all based on feelings and what the "spirit tells you" is true..... noted...

There is only one meaning to every verse in the Bible. If you come across something that seems to contradict, you must first look at the context of each verse, first in the chapter or even the whole book. And that must not contradict other books. If your heart and spirit is set to desire only God's meaning, and you are willing to let go of falsehoods, He will honor that and you will receive the truth.

But there are some that are die hard denominationalists, and really don't care about God's meaning, only the false meaning they have itching ears to hear and seek no further truth. Do you fall into this category, or were you raised in a different denomination than you hold to now and are actually open minded?

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The early Church believed it was by the apostle Barnabas. A couple hundred years later when the Church became worldly, inviting paganism to mix with it, they quenched the Spirit. So, no, I don't take for granted what others do. But some people go throughout their whole lives being led by the nose without questioning anything, and never having an original thought.

The making of the canon were the writers of the canon. They were Spirit-filled. Their books have life and are spiritually discerned. I will repeat again, that I accept all the books presently in the New Testament, but am not misguided enough to trust those, as if they are God, who rejected the only book that contains the commandment:

Thou shalt not murder a child by abortion, nor again shalt thou kill it when it is born.

Just because Barnabas or any apostle wrote something did not make it inspired Scripture.

The individual writings in the Bible were inspired by God because God inspired them. Just because something is written that you agree with in another writing, that appeals to your sensitivities as a Christian, doesn't mean it was inspired by God. I'm sure you find many things in the Bible, that you don't like, that you wish were not there. But it is still inspired by God.

Stranger

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one meaning to every verse in the Bible. If you come across something that seems to contradict, you must first look at the context of each verse, first in the chapter or even the whole book. And that must not contradict other books. If your heart and spirit is set to desire only God's meaning, and you are willing to let go of falsehoods, He will honor that and you will receive the truth.

But there are some that are die hard denominationalists, and really don't care about God's meaning, only the false meaning they have itching ears to hear and seek no further truth. Do you fall into this category, or were you raised in a different denomination than you hold to now and are actually open minded?
Yeah, we weren't even talking about the Bible. We were talking about your special revelation from God that the Epistle of Barnabas should be part of the Bible. If someone disagrees with you does that mean they are going against God or not listening to God? You are still dodging. This is a pattern with you, someone starts to expose your nonsense and then you distract by saying things you know most people will agree with.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because Barnabas or any apostle wrote something did not make it inspired Scripture.

The individual writings in the Bible were inspired by God because God inspired them. Just because something is written that you agree with in another writing, that appeals to your sensitivities as a Christian, doesn't mean it was inspired by God. I'm sure you find many things in the Bible, that you don't like, that you wish were not there. But it is still inspired by God.

Stranger

I abide by the New Covenant. As for the EoB, it plugged up holes in the Word of God making it now complete and completely profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

cc: @David Taylor

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "holes" does it plug up?

The lacking direct commandment against abortion, and infanticide. The reasons why some meats were considered by God to be unclean. The reason why we do not keep the old Sabbath which is fulfilled in the Millennium, and now keep Sunday. And a prophecy that could not be fulfilled at the time the books of the New Testament were being chosen, but the timing of it is for us NOW. And many more commands for righteousness.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lacking direct commandment against abortion, and infanticide.
That's not a hole in Scripture.

The reasons why some meats were considered by God to be unclean.
Not a hole in Scripture.

The reason why we do not keep the old Sabbath which is fulfilled in the Millennium, and now keep Sunday.
Not a hole in Scripture.

And a prophecy that could not be fulfilled at the time the books of the New Testament were being chosen, but the timing of it is for us NOW. And many more commands for righteousness.
These are not holes in Scripture.

So you need to come up with something better than that. All of these things are derived from the 66 books of actual Scripture, though I don't know what prophecy you are referring to, and do not need another Epistle that can't be verified to be actual inspired writing.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not a hole in Scripture.

Not a hole in Scripture.

So you need to come up with something better than that. All of these things are derived from the 66 books of actual Scripture, though I don't know what prophecy you are referring to, and do not need another Epistle that can't be verified to be actual inspired writing.
David, do you believe that a person's salvation is dependent on them reciting books of scripture being defined as <insert list here> and none other?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not a hole in Scripture.

Not a hole in Scripture.

No I don't. You just want to argue.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you just said it fills holes except it doesn't. You just can't defend your ridiculous claims. You would actually do well to quit posting and study Scripture because you are wrong on a host of various topics.

I feel sorry for you that you don't have a hunger to know God, and understand why He does things.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No and that is a red herring argument and strawman. I've never even implied as much.
I do think it's very important to say though.

We humans can be very argumentative. But it's important to remember the grand scheme of things, what points are directly relate to salvation, and which do not. Otherwise we easily can fall into the trap of arguing endlessly over non-salvation and not even important topics.