Should the books of the bible been more like 77?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do think it's very important to say though.

We humans can be very argumentative. But it's important to remember the grand scheme of things, what points are directly relate to salvation, and which do not.
That would assume that salvation is the only non-negotiable in matters of Christian Faith. What is Scripture is also and Scripture is the 66 books that we have received. It's not the Gnostic Gospels, it's not the Apocrypha, it's not the Apostolic Fathers, it's not any other book such as the Book of Mormon or anything else.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that is not what I said at all. You said I don't have a hunger for God and to understand His ways. I said that is not true. You are bearing false witness.

No, you just verified what I've known about you from the beginning by your lack of love in ALL your posts. Do you really preach out of that ugly spirit? You have a lot of growing up to do, both emotionally and spiritually.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would assume that salvation is the only non-negotiable in matters of Christian Faith. What is Scripture is also and Scripture is the 66 books that we have received. It's not the Gnostic Gospels, it's not the Apocrypha, it's not the Apostolic Fathers, it's not any other book such as the Book of Mormon or anything else.
If you believe that God's words are defined as a listed of 66 books (a list which ironically is not found in those books), I certainly acknowledge that.

But I don't see this as being a salvation-relating matter or one to be a jerk about. That's what I was saying.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you just verified what I've known about you from the beginning by your lack of love in ALL your posts. Do you really preach out of that ugly spirit? You have a lot of growing up to do, both emotionally and spiritually.
You are defining love by the culture. Was Jesus loving when he called the Pharisees a brood of vipers? I preach the truth. You seem to mistake love for not offending someone. Do Not Offend

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are defining love by the culture. Was Jesus loving when he called the Pharisees a brood of vipers? I preach the truth. You seem to mistake love for not offending someone. Do Not Offend

You are far from acting like Jesus to do not compare yourself with Him; and as far as knowing truth, you prefer false teachers.

You act just like what Paul calls a babe in Christ full of carnality. Here is a verse in the next book that shows they had repented, but it should also give you pause about your assurance.

2 Corinthians 7:
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while. 9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are far from acting like Jesus to do not compare yourself with Him; and as far as knowing truth, you prefer false teachers.
That is your opinion and you decided to go for ad hominem (another pattern of yours) than actually address what I said. I do not prefer false teachers. I prefer Scripture.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your definition of jerk?
Dave, we both know where it goes: I value truth presented with love & kindness, acknowledging & respecting other people even when there's disagreement about beliefs. You value truth presented with the tactfulness of a charging bull.

We're just going to disagree with this, and have both been told the other view point a million times and passionately disagree with it & see that view supported in scripture.

So let's not waste with the millionth and one re-run of the same argument, especially over Thanksgiving.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave, we both know where it goes: I value truth presented with love & kindness, acknowledging & respecting other people even when there's disagreement about beliefs. You value truth presented with the tactfulness of a charging bull.

We're just going to disagree with this, and have both been told the other view point a million times and passionately disagree with it & see that view supported in scripture.

So let's not waste with the millionth and one re-run of the same argument, especially over Thanksgiving.
So you can call me a jerk yet not define what you mean by that? And somehow that is presented with love and kindness? Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah and your own special revelation.... But you have sinned against me repeatedly in this thread by bearing false witness. I doubt you will ever apologize though.

I have told you the truth in the hopes you would repent and begin the race.