Should We Accept Anyone Caught In Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:cool: Simple and to the point, awesome, unrepentant sinners in the body of Christ gets tossed to the curb.

Hmm.. my dog treats people much better than your God treats us. Something's amiss

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a firm believer that grace covers all sins of the flesh. That is what I get when i read the entire NT and not just a few cherry picked verses. And I muat admit that I don't like it nor understand it.

Kind of...

When I say grace covers all sins of the flesh, folks tend to scrape the bottom of the barrel. They will go to rape, murder, pedophilia and homosexuallity in the most perverse form. No, I don't understand why some of these things are forgiven. I certainly don't wqnt to forive them in the flesh.

However, Jesus, Paul, John and James (the half brother of Jesus) all in one wat or another said if you are guilty of one point of the law, you are guilty of the whole law.

Jesus even said if you so much as think to sin, you are just as guilty.

But look at Romans 5. Paul said that the law entered, that the offense might abound... This telks me that the Law was given to show we can't be perfect like God (in the flesh).

But then I read 1 Corinthians... Peopke should read the whole letter and not post quips of it. Paul, a champion of grace, was really upset with them concerning them pushing the limits. He basically said, "yea... All things are lawful for us, but that doesn't mean we shoyld do them because they don't bring glory to God! Now jnock it off, quit using your grace for a cloak of maliciousness and don't put up with those who do!"

That's what Paul was saying and it fits perfectly with what Peter said.

By God's grace, I believe I can rob a liquor store, run from the cops and die jumping off a building while trying to get away from them. But I will still be a criminal who dies committing suicide. I will bring reproach to my wife and my Church.

No... I ain't going to do that! Fur yes grace covers it.

This is a great post. Thank you

Reactions: FHII

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a firm believer that grace covers all sins of the flesh. That is what I get when i read the entire NT and not just a few cherry picked verses. And I muat admit that I don't like it nor understand it.

Kind of...

When I say grace covers all sins of the flesh, folks tend to scrape the bottom of the barrel. They will go to rape, murder, pedophilia and homosexuallity in the most perverse form. No, I don't understand why some of these things are forgiven. I certainly don't wqnt to forive them in the flesh.

However, Jesus, Paul, John and James (the half brother of Jesus) all in one wat or another said if you are guilty of one point of the law, you are guilty of the whole law.

Jesus even said if you so much as think to sin, you are just as guilty.

But look at Romans 5. Paul said that the law entered, that the offense might abound... This telks me that the Law was given to show we can't be perfect like God (in the flesh).

But then I read 1 Corinthians... Peopke should read the whole letter and not post quips of it. Paul, a champion of grace, was really upset with them concerning them pushing the limits. He basically said, "yea... All things are lawful for us, but that doesn't mean we shoyld do them because they don't bring glory to God! Now jnock it off, quit using your grace for a cloak of maliciousness and don't put up with those who do!"

That's what Paul was saying and it fits perfectly with what Peter said.

By God's grace, I believe I can rob a liquor store, run from the cops and die jumping off a building while trying to get away from them. But I will still be a criminal who dies committing suicide. I will bring reproach to my wife and my Church.

No... I ain't going to do that! Fur yes grace covers it.
I pretty much agree with everything you said - except for the fallacy that grace covers unrepented grave sin.

If that's not what you were saying - then my mistake.
It just sounds like you are saying that . . .

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For grace to cover sin, the sinner must have turned from that sin back to the Lord and sought the grace offered thru Yeshua. Repentance is not just sorry. It is a change of mind and turning away from sin. A criminal, many times, is sorry he got caught, but not sorry for what he did.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What if the law was given so we can radically accept everyone? *The only thing the law really does is show us over and over again that no one except Christ can follow it.* What if that is the point?
If we see the law as a light highlighting our darkness, it leads to unconditional love for neighbor

This was posted weeks ago and I totally missed it!!
Excellent post..well said.
I haven't found too many who can 'see' this.
Some people and a dear friend of mine still point to what is called the Beatitudes..sermon on the mount...insisting that it is the required NT standard of Christian living..and then they get mad at me when I point out that in that sermon Jesus RAISES the standard higher than the 10 commandment...He raised it in trying to nail down the truth that man, without God in him, cannot keep the law...not any law.
But that is most people isoften like a red rag to a bull. It makes them so mad and people will continue to 'try' to keep the law and live good perfect lives, in their own strength.

Great post...