Should we as Christian's bring those who have not believed into the body of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
What I am asking is did the disciples break bread with outsiders who had not yet accepted Christ?
Or did they go out and preach the gospel to the lost first, and once they believed.... then brought them into the household of believers?

Are we really so naïve to believe that if we bring leaven into the household of God that the body will not be tempted and contaminated and suffer loss?
You do not put the bad apples in with the good or they will all rot.
Why would we think that we should allow those who have still not made a commitment to Christ to pray to our God that they do not believe in? Or fellowship with us when Christ's body member's come together to worship when they are clearly of the enemies spirit?

I am not saying we should not talk to the dead for possible salvation for that is our mission as a soldier for Christ. I am clearly talking about bringing them into the body of Christ as a member before they have confessed membership desire.

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does your church allow membership to non believers?

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
In the early church, persons wanting to join had to go through one or more years instruction before Baptism. Until then they were not allowed to remain after the Scripture readings and sermon. Only the Baptized were allowed to remain for Communion. Also, those who sinned publicly were required to perform certain rituals to show they were sincere about returning to the church before being allowed to remain and receive Communion. I think they had a very good plan and we should continue it.

Of course, many Protestant (non-liturgical) churches only have the service of the Word so there is no difference between those just starting and long time believers.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
soupy said:
Does your church allow membership to non believers?
What church would that be? The body of Christ is the church and the members who abide in the Word are the body.

day said:
In the early church, persons wanting to join had to go through one or more years instruction before Baptism. Until then they were not allowed to remain after the Scripture readings and sermon. Only the Baptized were allowed to remain for Communion. Also, those who sinned publicly were required to perform certain rituals to show they were sincere about returning to the church before being allowed to remain and receive Communion. I think they had a very good plan and we should continue it.

Of course, many Protestant (non-liturgical) churches only have the service of the Word so there is no difference between those just starting and long time believers.
Greetings day,
Thank you for your input, however I must disagree as to there being a timing before Baptism. Believer's were baptized immediately upon believing & repentance for it is their open display before man and God of desiring to be fully immersed in the living water of the Word to be cleansed from sin so they can be set free from the devils captivity. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is not always immediate, for we must have a right heart attitude before we can receive the Spirit.
But as for chastisement for sinful behavior unbecoming of one who confesses to follow the Christ but gets OUT OF LINE with the Word they do need to be rebuked, shown scripture to support the area of concern and if they still refuse to get upright, then they must be cut off of the body. Now babes needs some time to learn the ways of a righteous walk with God and that is why the Spirit is given to help us to overcome. We are hidden under the blood in the womb of our mother as we grow into the image of Christ as a child of God, but we must remain faithful if the Seed of God is in us.
Matt 3:1-6
3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
KJV
Matt 3:13-16
13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
KJV
Acts 11:15-16
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
KJV
Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
KJV

1 John 3:1-11
3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
KJV

In the BEGINNING was THE WORD and the Word of God is the Love of God for His children. How can we claim to love the Father, yet hate His Word? For He and His Word are one in the same.

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you trying to say, I don't believe you are really asking a question are you?