Should we be censoring the brethren?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read Less Pray More

Nov 28, 2022
Kingdom of God
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reposting after I have edited to remove any violations of the rules....

Hi. I'm a new member. I've tried on many Christian forums to ask questions about our God; more specifically, the concept of the Trinity and how it can be found or not found within the scriptures.

Unfortunately the Trinity is a protected subject on every Christian forum I've found so far.

How can we discuss God without discussing the Trinity?

I understand that there have been some heated discussion about this topic as there should be... as any worth while topic will do.

However...... is not the Spirit of our God within us? Do we not have the Spirit of self control?

The "hateful" words of self professed "Christians" will bare witness of the spirit which they yield to..... all the while the children's self control and ability to be "peace makers" (john 5), will shine a light into the darkness and glorify our Father in heaven.... Do you see how God intends for free discussion to bare witness of the 1 Truth of Him?

The rules that govern here do no not align with the Kingdom. We all should consider repenting of this decision. Step in the the light of what God has intended for His children. This place, as it stands, resembles babylon more than the Kingdom... so how are you gonna attract those seeking it first?

Shalom.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reposting after I have edited to remove any violations of the rules....

Hi. I'm a new member. I've tried on many Christian forums to ask questions about our God; more specifically, the concept of the Trinity and how it can be found or not found within the scriptures.

Unfortunately the Trinity is a protected subject on every Christian forum I've found so far.

How can we discuss God without discussing the Trinity?

I understand that there have been some heated discussion about this topic as there should be... as any worth while topic will do.

However...... is not the Spirit of our God within us? Do we not have the Spirit of self control?

The "hateful" words of self professed "Christians" will bare witness of the spirit which they yield to..... all the while the children's self control and ability to be "peace makers" (john 5), will shine a light into the darkness and glorify our Father in heaven.... Do you see how God intends for free discussion to bare witness of the 1 Truth of Him?

The rules that govern here do no not align with the Kingdom. We all should consider repenting of this decision. Step in the the light of what God has intended for His children. This place, as it stands, resembles babylon more than the Kingdom... so how are you gonna attract those seeking it first?

Shalom.
1st of all, I agree that Christians *should* behave like the teaching they teach. We are told that teachers of the word are held by God to a higher standard. We should practice what we preach.

I've seen a lot of use of the Scriptures as a sword to kill with, and a lot of pride in position. Quite frankly, if you're going to be useful at all or benefit from these places, you'll have to accept a high percentage of "failed Christianity." Some like to use their semi-anonymous status to amuse themselves, to beat up on people, etc. But there will always be a relative few who benefit from sound teaching, who then will multiply the effectiveness of this teaching by spreading it to others in the same spirit.

But when it comes to heretical teaching, a limit does have to be placed. Teaching that takes one away from who God is in Christ destroys the spirit and the good character that comes from a divine Christ. The teaching of the Trinity, after all, is simply the teaching that Jesus was and is God. He died on the cross as a means of God forgiving you for every sin and even for your being born with a Sin Nature. Your inclinations towards sin are cleansed as you choose, in faith, to live by the divine Christ. Unless he was divine, he couldn't give you his Spirit. And you couldn't adopt his good character.

That being said, trying to *explain* the Trinity is a pet subject for me, and I have no problem discussing the logical problems associated with it. So as long as you aren't trying to spout heresy, but only discussing the logical problems associated with this conventional Christian doctrine, you should be okay. "Come let us reason together, says the Lord." God is not averse to enter into honest discussions.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Read Less Pray More.....and welcome.....maybe if you would like the other side of the issue, instead of posting publicly and violating the rules, perhaps a PM to someone you find here who opposes it may give you a balanced view? We are not allowed to oppose this doctrine, which is sad because we need both sides to every story. How else can we evaluate what is true from what isn't?

I wish you well.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have God, Gods Word, and the Holy Spirit of God.

There are scripture that talk about who God is, like God is spirit, God is a consuming fire, and other scriptures about Gods Word, and the Holy Spirit of God.

Those are subjects I would seek out to talk about if you so desire, a helpful resource tool is www.studylight.org - Thompson chain reference guide helpful tool with 8,000 listed subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.