Shroud of Turin: Absolute proof the man seen in it is Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Has it, when, how?
I wouldn't know, i was just tagging @GodsGrace cos i know she would be interested in the conversation...
Hi, I read the book many years ago and then watched a couple of programmes on TV about it and then another programme did a demonstration of how it was faked - probably by the very clever Michelangelo - and with that and the new scientific evidence proved that it was indeed a forgery. I was very disappointed. But it wasn't a game changer like I think it would be for Brian. My faith is in Jesus, he is the Rock on which my faith is based not an piece of old cloth. There is loads of stuff if you Google it, last night I just typed in 'Proof the Turin shroud is a fake' or something similar. There were even Catholic bishops saying it is fake. I don't believe there is an image of Jesus anywhere and we won't know what he looks like until we meet him face to face.

Reactions: Helen

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi, I read the book many years ago and then watched a couple of programmes on TV about it and then another programme did a demonstration of how it was faked - probably by the very clever Michelangelo - and with that and the new scientific evidence proved that it was indeed a forgery. I was very disappointed. But it wasn't a game changer like I think it would be for Brian. My faith is in Jesus, he is the Rock on which my faith is based not an piece of old cloth. There is loads of stuff if you Google it, last night I just typed in 'Proof the Turin shroud is a fake' or something similar. There were even Catholic bishops saying it is fake. I don't believe there is an image of Jesus anywhere and we won't know what he looks like until we meet him face to face.

Fair enough. Im think the RCC doesn't approve of it either. I mite look into it now, im curious.

Speaking of images what do u think about the Lady of Guadeloupe?
I know the RCC approves of the apparition, i assume the RCC also approves of the image.
The way i see it, it's either be false, Devine or demonic.

Such things may be interesting to ponder but are ultimately irrelevant

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fair enough. Im think the RCC doesn't approve of it either. I mite look into it now, im curious.

Speaking of images what do u think about the Lady of Guadeloupe?
I know the RCC approves of the apparition, i assume the RCC also approves of the image.
The way i see it, it's either be false, Devine or demonic.

Such things may be interesting to ponder but are ultimately irrelevant
Hi CR, I don't really believe in apparitions and I think that one is clearly trickery. But even if such things are not false I can live my Christian life without them. To me they prove nothing.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't need the RCC opinion on the Shroud b.c its for each man like he told to Peter. The who am I question? Everyone gets a chance to believe or disbelieve it.

What I'm doing for you people is showing you how you know Its Jesus and which faith that Jesus Identifies with..

Your faith in it will be your answer. Y/N. He said you could believe in just his works, b/c that is how everyone came to believe when they first saw him. The term seeing is believing is true with Jesus. But its worse for people who say no its fake.. and say "we see" better than everyone else. He suggested these people live with or are spiders and lizards in the next life.

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi CR, I don't really believe in apparitions and I think that one is clearly trickery. But even if such things are not false I can live my Christian life without them. To me they prove nothing.

You don't believe in them b/c God put you on thy seed side of The Woman in Gen 3:15.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what the Shroud is asking: Who do you say I 'am.

You have to be told by God.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the Positive and its comes out backwards. I see 2 separate lights.

1 Light is Jesus
2 Light is Mary

The Light is Jesus and Mary like Joan of Arc had on her banner.

Shroud13.jpg

joanbattlebanner.jpg

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians don't believe the Shroud overrules the Bible! The Bible is the written Word of God!

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Shroud tells you he was the first Catholic.

Jesus' burial linen was according to Jewish Tradition;
Catholic popes have made comments about the Shroud of Turin, but I do not believe the Catholic Church has provided an Official Catholic stance on the Shroud of Turin.

You appear to be making a claim of a personal Opinion, rather than an Official Catholic Church stance.

A shroud envelopes the entire body and head.

A Jewish Burial Linen covers the body, is tied Closed with strips of linen tranversing the body, and the strips of fabric is where spices are tucked.

The head/face is covered with a separate linen cloth called a napkin, which allows for anointing.

John 19:
[40] Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.

John 20:
[7] And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

In the same manner Lazarus, a Jew, was buried.

John 11:
[44] And he that was dead (Lazarus) came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Jesus was never called a Catholic.
Christ was never called a Catholic.
God was never called a Catholic.
Mary was never called a Catholic.
Peter was never called a Catholic.

It is disingenuous to make up words, Apply those words to men, who have made-up the word, and then claim it Applies to others, who have never made such a claim for themselves.

There are No known pictorial images of Jesus or Mary to make positive claims that a piece of cloth, statue, piece of bread, painting, is the Image of Jesus or Mary.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians don't believe the Shroud overrules the Bible! The Bible is the written Word of God!

The Shroud is the unwritten word of God. . . a miracle. It tells me the Path to be on so I can hold head up high and be proud to be Catholic.

You guys do realize I don't need a Popes permission to look at the Shroud.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Shroud is the unwritten word of God. . . a miracle. It tells me the Path to be on so I can hold head up high and be proud to be Catholic.

You guys do realize I don't need a Popes permission to look at the Shroud.
I doubt you will find many who believe that. NOTHING overrules God's written Word, the Bible! What does the Shroud say? Does it even mention Jesus?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt you will find many who believe that. NOTHING overrules God's written Word, the Bible!

Ever since Douay Rheims man rewirte the bible to x out Mary from their bibles. So your bibles are bad. You can easily prove it.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying there is a record of monkeying around with every scripture that involved Mother Mary in all your bibles.

The Shroud proved her.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not.. I know which bible is older.. and which came after and which scriptures they specifically targeted.

So I went to the Shroud to prove its a Jesus and Mary heaven.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not.. I know which bible is older.. and which came after and which scriptures they specifically targeted.

So I went to the Shroud to prove its a Jesus and Mary heaven.
You know that all our Christian Bibles are wrong? Honestly that sounds like something Satan would say.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Start with Gen 3:15 line up all the bibles and you'll see.

The Shroud is free for everyone to look at. There is only 1.