Shroud of Turin: Absolute proof the man seen in it is Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a blow you away now. You will die dude.

John 11
25Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life.d Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

You don't know more than me about faith.
I only know what you said was the reason for your faith. Even if the shroud were genuine that is not the Way to God.
When did you see the shroud yourself [not picture, but the actual shroud? Whose judgement of the shroud did you use to decide that it was genuine?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to rely on the experts like Barrie the Jew. I had way better ones but they got taken down on youtube. So if you're saying you are more qualified to know then I don't know what to say either.

Amadeus said, Whose judgement of the shroud did you use to decide that it was genuine?

Common sense.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith in God , Trust and Rely on God Himself, not men.

Trusting in men is fatally flawed - cursed, as God Himself Says.

Trust God not man - God is not a man that God could ever lie.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith in God , Trust and Rely on God Himself, not men.

Trusting in men is fatally flawed - cursed, as God Himself Says.

Trust God not man - God is not a man that God could ever lie.

When did you last see God? Now you are boxed in. I can tell you when I last saw Luke. But I think the first sentence is for you.

luke2.jpg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus, What do you think the Shroud is?
To me it doesn't matter what it is. If it were real it would not change anything for me any more than if it were false. I live for God and the proof Him is in my heart... not in the results any studies according to scientific method. I have never seen the shroud, only pictures in a book or on the Internet. If I had seen the shroud what kind of an expert am I? Not that kind for certain!

Remember what faith is?

:..the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

By faith in Him our vision is built. Without that vision people perish according to what Solomon wrote 3,000 years ago.

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Shroud mean anything to you at all?

You can see Jesus Sacred Heart and Mary's Immaculate heart better here.

shroud11.jpg

and up close on Mary's heart..
shroud12.jpg

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to rely on the experts like Barrie the Jew. I had way better ones but they got taken down on youtube. So if you're saying you are more qualified to know then I don't know what to say either.
God alone is more qualified than you or I in our flesh alone with regard to the things of God. Without His Spirit, we are all blind and deaf to His Word. There are lots of people quoting the Bible who do not know God at all.

You may know God in a measure and it may also be that your belief in the shroud has helped you. If that is so, I am glad for you and give God the glory for it... but do not presume that everyone else will likewise be so encouraged. Consider that all of the 600,000 men saved out of Egypt had Moses sent by God to lead and they all had access through the priests to tabernacle and the Ark of the Covenant, but only two of that number made it into the Promised Land.

Common sense.
Common sense is quite often simply the foolishness of man. What common sense is varies from country to country, from region to region and even from person to person. On the other hand the Word of God never changes at all as He never changes.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Amadeus, you are saying you don't believe b.c you are more qualified to know.

I did my homework b/c I needed to know.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Shroud mean anything to you at all?

You can see Jesus Sacred Heart and Mary's Immaculate heart better here.
It is still a picture, with no meaning for me. I heard what the nuns and priest said about those two things probably before you were old enough to go to school. God has been inscribing another vision, His vision, in my heart from 1976.

I grew up a Catholic, a very devout one, as the Catholic Church was prior to Vatican II. I was an altar boy for many years with hopes of becoming a priest, but God had another better plan for me... although I did not know it then. My active devout Catholicism ended in 1961 after I graduated from high school and I had a new beginning in 1976. I have grown since then, but God is not finished with me yet.

Give God the glory!

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BVM is standing upright in the shroud.

Psalm 45

9{44:10}The daughters of kings have delighted thee in thy glory. The queen stood on thy right hand, in gilded clothing; surrounded with variety.

The-shroud.jpg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Amadeus, you are saying you don't believe b.c you are more qualified to know.

I did my homework b/c I needed to know.
Our homework is to pray without ceasing and to rejoice in the Lord always. For many years now I have started out every morning 7 days a week with God. Still not quite 24/7, but closer than when I first began. Any good and correct knowledge I have is according to what had given me... rather than because I have been a good student.

I was a good Bible student from 1976 until the early 1990's. Then because I was trusting in my brain instead of what God put in my heart, I backslid for about 10 years. In 2002, God received me back and while I still study I know now the weariness of the flesh in even Bible study as Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastics. Without the Holy Spirit, the letter of what we read and study in the Bible is dead according to what Apostle Paul wrote.

Do I know more than you? Again it is Apostle Paul who warns us not to make such comparisons. Simply trust God . He knows where we are and what we need. As His sheep we should always be hearing His voice and never hearing the voice of strangers.

Be blessed my friend and trust God rather than man including especially yourself!

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones." Prov 3:5-8

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not interested in your beliefs Amadeus, just in your reaction to my evidence.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not interested in your beliefs Amadeus, just in your reaction to my evidence.
So don't be interested in my beliefs. Follow rather God. You already have my reaction to your evidence which I do not see as evidence at all but at best hearsay! I believe rather what I have heard from God!

Reactions: Helen

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So seeing stuff that contradicts your beliefs are immediately blocked out? Even if its the claimed to be the Shroud of your Lord? Please tell me what better proof of Jesus is there.

Psalms 45:10 says God has a Queen. At his R-hand.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So seeing stuff that contradicts your beliefs are immediately blocked out? Even if its the claimed to be the Shroud of your Lord? Please tell me what better proof of Jesus is there.
That which He is has written in my heart!

Reactions: Waiting on him

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That may be good for you but what about other people are they not allowed to make up their up minds like you?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So for you that may be good for you but what about other people are they not allowed to make up their up minds like you?
Every one must make up his own mind. That is how God's plan for mankind works.

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." Phil 2:12

How does a man do that when it is not in him to direct his own steps according to the verse I posted above from Jeremiah? Consider the verses I posted from Proverbs and what Jesus says here:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" Matt 11:28-30

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
BVM is standing upright in the shroud.

Psalm 45

9{44:10}The daughters of kings have delighted thee in thy glory. The queen stood on thy right hand, in gilded clothing; surrounded with variety.

The-shroud.jpg

Brian we have already seen the picture of the shroud enough times, as I sent you in the PM, can you please stop posting the same thing over and over again numerous times.

We have rules against spamming.

Christianity Board Forum Rules

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the best proof that the story about Jesus is totally true is found in the Shroud. But I found a lot more!!! All b/c I looked and asked God what am I missing here. I wanted to know what religion he identified with so I can come back and shut people up.
No brian, the proof is in the bible. The shroud is a forgery. Please don't base your faith in a piece of cloth but rather in the risen Lord Jesus. Does He live in you? Are you led by His Holy Spirit? Do you ask God to show you the truth? Forget 'proofs' and just believe for as Jesus said to Thomas, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’ John 20:29