Silly question, but a thought provoking one:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to testify himself that you may believe and you may have eternal fife.
Revelation 1:18 (KJV) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Romans 6:23 (KJV)For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Hebrews 10:14 (KJV) For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Hebrews 10:9-10 (KJV)Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

EXCELLENT

And know this, the same LORD that spoke to Moses and gave the Law is the same LORD that came to earth to fulfill the Law and then HE removed the Law from being over us, establishing the New Covenant of Grace by His Blood.

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us,
and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Colossians 2:13-14

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
greetings
silly me I forgot :(
1 John 5:7-9 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.

In John 16:12-15, I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truths; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

Then in 1John 4:6, We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this, we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

In John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus the Christ.

a Note
That which is born of the flesh is flesh. John 3:6

child5.jpg

This is He who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not only by water but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness because the Spirit is truth. 1 John 5:6
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one. 1 John 5:8
But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. John 19:34; See Zech 12: 10.

red-1.jpg

Reactions: David in NJ

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it you cannot hear God's words speaking: Jesus said, "The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life"- John 6:63

Jesus Christ said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. ... (John 14:6) The way of truth leads to Christ, and eternal life in Heaven. All other ways lead to Hell.....1st Timothy 2:4

Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.....John 6:47-58

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied

The prophets did not foretell of a messiah that would save them from hell or the devil....because they did not believe in hell or the devil.....if they believed that the messiah would be the Son of God there would be hundreds of detailed scriptures in the Old Testament. What would be more important to talk about?

They were looking for a human warlord king that would come, conquer their enemies and immediately establish a kingdom on earth that would last forever. Rebuild the temple that would stand forever, where sacrifices would continue forever. And the 613 Mosaic Laws would rule the earth as the moral guide forever.

All the Jewish writings after the Bible prove this is what they believed and they were big on putting this stuff on their pottery....My daddy is coming to beat up your daddy, sort of thing. In between the testaments it is a historical fact that the Jews were looking at various warrior leaders to be the messiah.

One of Christ's largest obstacles to converting the Jews was that they were looking for a human messiah, a warlord....not the Lord!

the Spirit of Christ who was in them

If you could find this word for word....there would be people that would jump for joy.

He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

Isaiah 53 You need a better microscope. Does it say Yeshua....God would know that name. Does it say the Son of God. If it would have said that, it would have changed the whole Old Testament. Does it refer to him as a king? It is one of those scriptures that you can make into anything you want. One size fits all.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. ... (John 14:6) The way of truth leads to Christ, and eternal life in Heaven. All other ways lead to Hell.....1st Timothy 2:4

Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.....John 6:47-58

The prophets did not foretell of a messiah that would save them from hell or the devil....because they did not believe in hell or the devil.....if they believed that the messiah would be the Son of God there would be hundreds of detailed scriptures in the Old Testament. What would be more important to talk about?

They were looking for a human warlord king that would come, conquer their enemies and immediately establish a kingdom on earth that would last forever fall. Rebuild the temple that would stand forever, where sacrifices would continue forever. And the 613 Mosaic Laws would rule the earth as the moral guide.

All the Jewish writing after the Bible prove this is what they believed and they were big putting this stuff on their pottery....My daddy is coming to beat your daddy up, sort of thing. In between the testaments it is a historical fact that the Jews were looking at various warrior leaders to be the messiah.

One of Christ's largest obstacles to converting the Jews was that they were looking for a human messiah, a warlord....not the Lord!

If you could find this word for word....there would be people that would jump for joy.

Isaiah 53 You need a better microscope. Does it say Yeshua....God would know that name. Does it say the Son of God. If it would have said that, it would have changed the whole Old Testament. Does it refer to him as a king? It is one of those scriptures that you can make into anything you want. One size fits all.

Grailhunter - Stay in the gospel of John. Read and believe and pray - otherwise you cannot be saved - no is saved by unbelief.

Grailhunter - you err continually on Scripture and even worse - you add your unbelief to it and even mock it = Isaiah 53

GOOD NEWS - CHrist died for our sins and HE can fill you with His Truth - read the following:

Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem. And they talked together of all these things which had happened. So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them. But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him.

And He said to them, “What kind of conversation is this that you have with one another as you walk and are sad?”

Then the one whose name was Cleopas answered and said to Him, “Are You the only stranger in Jerusalem, and have You not known the things which happened there in these days?”

And He said to them, “What things?”

So they said to Him, “The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, 20and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened. Yes, and certain women of our company, who arrived at the tomb early, astonished us. When they did not find His body, they came saying that they had also seen a vision of angels who said He was alive. And certain of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said; but Him they did not see.”

Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?”
And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grailhunter - Stay in the gospel of John. Read and believe and pray - otherwise you cannot be saved - no is saved by unbelief.

Grailhunter - you err continually on Scripture and even worse - you add your unbelief to it and even mock it = Isaiah 53

GOOD NEWS - CHrist died for our sins and HE can fill you with His Truth - read the following:

Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem. And they talked together of all these things which had happened. So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them. But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him.

And He said to them, “What kind of conversation is this that you have with one another as you walk and are sad?”

Then the one whose name was Cleopas answered and said to Him, “Are You the only stranger in Jerusalem, and have You not known the things which happened there in these days?”

And He said to them, “What things?”

So they said to Him, “The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, 20and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened. Yes, and certain women of our company, who arrived at the tomb early, astonished us. When they did not find His body, they came saying that they had also seen a vision of angels who said He was alive. And certain of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said; but Him they did not see.”

Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?”
And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

All good stuff....

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is no 'Godhead.' The term is from Eastern mysticism. You shall have no other gods (especially the trinitarian god) before me.
The Trinity is a term which describes God as One Being with Three States of Being.

There are many analogies, not least water as one element existing as solid, liquid, and vapour.

The original Greek of the Bible has this:
Strongs G2304
θεῖος
theios
thi'-os
From G2316; godlike (neuter as noun, divinity): - divine, godhead.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

Strongs G2305
θειότης
theiotēs
thi-ot'-ace
From G2304; divinity (abstractly): - godhead.
Total KJV occurrences: 1
Rom 1:18-21 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, (19) because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. (20) For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, (21) because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Keep in mind that Jesus was not crucified for claiming to be God incarnate; he was crucified for claiming to be the Anointed - anointed by God!
Here's the claim that upset the hardened Jews.

Joh 10:30-33 (Jesus said) I and my Father are one. (31) Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. (32) Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do you stone me? (33) The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone you not; but for blasphemy; and because that you, being a man, make yourself God.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the claim that upset the hardened Jews.

Joh 10:30-33 (Jesus said) I and my Father are one. (31)

It may have upset them but does not upset me. Jesus said we are one. Does not make us God.

Father, may they all be one as You are in Me and I am in You; may they be in Us, for by this unity the world will believe that You sent Me.
John 17:21 (Voice)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term trinity is NOT in the Bible. The idea of a God with 3 states of being is NOT in the Bible.

"Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness" = spoken by Elohim 3 times

Genesis 1:1-3 "
In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of Elohim was hovering over the face of the waters.
Then Elohim Said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God" John 1:1

ALL THREE Present in the Beginning, just as the Gospel of John says:
And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him/Jesus.
I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He/Jesus who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”
VOICE from Heaven(FATHER) "This is my beloved Son in whom i am well pleased"

What then if you see the Son of Man ascending to where He was before?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It may have upset them but does not upset me. Jesus said we are one. Does not make us God.
Father, may they all be one as You are in Me and I am in You; may they be in Us, for by this unity the world will believe that You sent Me.
John 17:21 (Voice)
The point is your assertion about what Jesus said that motivated the hardened Jews to have Him crucified doesn't comport.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Aren't all who have the Spirit of God "godlike?" That does not make billions of believers God.
Every creature ever created will acknowledge the worthiness of those in the Godhead.

Rev 5:6-14 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. (7) And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. (8) And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. (9) And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; (10) And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (11) And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; (12) Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. (13) And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. (14) And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to testify himself that you may believe and you may have eternal fife.
Revelation 1:18 (KJV) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Romans 6:23 (KJV)For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Hebrews 10:14 (KJV) For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Hebrews 10:9-10 (KJV)Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The key is in who are the we sir. Jesus died for all, but he also pointed out it would be few who were on the road to life. Mat 7:14

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except in reality. Jesus was NOT crucified for claiming to be God incarnate. What I said comports.

Believe in the words of the LORD and the Apostles dear friend - these words are spirit and life and can save your soul.

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”
Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath,
but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define? All defined is just that One, everyone who chooses life will not be rejected. Choosing life meand one agrees to obey the laws of God sir.

images-CA1-X02-SY.jpg

John 15:16 (NKJV)
You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
It is a phrase where He says no one can choose Christ, He does the choosing

John 14:6 (NKJV)
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
In this phrase, No one can come to the Father unless Christ chooses so

John 6:44 (NKJV)
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
In this phrase, It is the Father that chooses for the Christ

Matthew 22:14 (NKJV) For many are called, but few are chosen."

I guess that is why many choose to go to Him, Christ has a magnetic personality

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

images-CA3-ORZI6.jpg

Matthew 19: 29 (NKJV)
So Jesus answered and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospels
In this phrase, Christ says no one will sacrifice, family, or property for the sake of the gospels

Matthew 19:16-22 (NKJV)
Now behold, one came and said to Him, "Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?"
So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."
He said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said, "'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear false witness,'
'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "

Matthew 19: 20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?"
Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

See in Matthew 19: 29 no one will sacrifice, family, or property for the sake of the gospels, those who are rich in life will not let go
a lifestyle you pay for, but a true life pays you

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
images-CA1-X02-SY.jpg

John 15:16 (NKJV)
You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
It is a phrase where He says no one can choose Christ, He does the choosing

John 14:6 (NKJV)
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
In this phrase, No one can come to the Father unless Christ chooses so

John 6:44 (NKJV)
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
In this phrase, It is the Father that chooses for the Christ

Matthew 22:14 (NKJV) For many are called, but few are chosen."

I guess that is why many choose to go to Him, Christ has a magnetic personality
@OneIsTheWord Good to acknowledge from Scripture the One Who really did the choosing.... :)