Silly question, but a thought provoking one:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teachings of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teachings, he has both the Father and the Son. 2nd John 1:9
AMEN
In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God.....the Word became flesh - Gospel of John ch1
For unto us a child is born,
unto us a son is given,
and the government will be upon His shoulders.
And He will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD,
Before Me no god was formed,
and after Me none will come. I, yes I, am the LORD,
and there is no Savior but Me
. I alone decreed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
So you are My witnesses,” declares the LORD,
“that I am God. Even from eternity I am He,
and none can deliver out of My hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?” Isaiah 43

Jesus replied, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by His own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be My witnesses (witnesses of Yehovah = Jesus Christ = Isaiah ch43)
And now He has revealed this grace through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus - 2 Timothy 1:10
there is no Savior but Me = Jesus Christ - Yehovah = LORD - Isaiah ch43

Really that should be a concern of yours....you do not abide in the Word.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really that should be a concern of yours....you do not abide in the Word.

This is hilarious.
you are the one who said that "satan was not the serpent in the Garden" and God says "Oh yes he was" - Revelation 12:9 , 20:2

"We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood."

Christ has me in His hand and no one can pluck me from Him - see ya

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Unitarian" is not in the Bible, therefore its doctrine is false . . . . if we are using such fallacies of composition.

Strawman. The entire Bible is written by monotheists (or unitarian) Hebrews who reject the trinity to this day. On top of that, no one is claiming the word unitarian is in the Bible. However, the doctrine of a one being God is explicitly stated in Scripture, over and over and over again, 1000's of times!

Moses: 4 Listen, Israel! The Eternal is our True God—He alone. 5 You should love Him, your True God, with all your heart and soul, with every ounce of your strength.
Deut 6:4-5, The Sh'ma (most important commandment) The VOICE

I am the Eternal One; there is no other God but Me

Isaiah 45:5 (note singular pronouns)

'For us, there is one God, the Father.'

1 Cor 8:6

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is hilarious.
you are the one who said that "satan was not the serpent in the Garden" and God says "Oh yes he was" - Revelation 12:9 , 20:2

"We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood."

Christ has me in His hand and no one can pluck me from Him - see ya

Well we have went over the serpent and dragon thing.....symbology I am ok with but I do not look under my bed for monsters.
Talking serpent in Eden that caused the fall of Man. Kind of big thing for it to be secret to God. How many thousands of years does the Old Testament span? Kind of a long time for no one or God to discuss Satan in the garden. And then again the Jews did not and do not have a devil in their religion.

God took on the other gods....mostly a campaign....but Satan was never mentioned in those campaigns.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well we have went over the serpent and dragon thing.....symbology I am ok with but I do not look under my bed for monsters.
Talking serpent in Eden that caused the fall of Man. Kind of big thing for it to be secret to God. How many thousands of years does the Old Testament span? Kind of a long time for no one or God to discuss Satan in the garden. And then again the Jews did not and do not have a devil in their religion.

God took on the other gods....mostly a campaign....but Satan was never mentioned in those campaigns.

Meditate on these words from God for you:

Hear now, O Israel, the statutes and ordinances I am teaching you to follow, so that you may live and may enter and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you. You must not add to or subtract from what I command you, so that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I am giving you. Deut 4:1-2

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6

I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.
Revelation 22:18-19

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meditate on these words from God for you:

Hear now, O Israel, the statutes and ordinances I am teaching you to follow, so that you may live and may enter and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you. You must not add to or subtract from what I command you, so that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I am giving you. Deut 4:1-2

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6

I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.
Revelation 22:18-19

All good. But my religion is not based on false beliefs and inventions of things.
Satan and demons are a big things in the New Testament but not so much in the Old Testament.

All I can tell you about this is that....yeap it is the Old Testament, but I am not a Jew and Christians are not in that covenant nor under those laws.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All good. But my religion is not based on false beliefs and inventions of things.
Satan and demons are a big things in the New Testament but not so much in the Old Testament.

All I can tell you about this is that....yeap it is the Old Testament, but I am not a Jew and Christians are not in that covenant nor under those laws.

What eternal commandment did God charge, to both the Jew and the Gentile, in Deut 4:1-2, Proverbs 30:5-6 & Revelation 22:18-19

This eternal commandment is prerequisite to obtaining Salvation.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What eternal commandment did God charge, to both the Jew and the Gentile, in Deut 4:1-2, Proverbs 30:5-6 & Revelation 22:18-19

If I remember correctly the Mosaic Law was referred to as forever or eternal around 50 times.
The prophets foretold that the human warlord king messiah would conquer all their enemies.
The Temple would be rebuilt and last forever.
And sacrifices in the temple would go on forever.
And the Mosaic Law would be written in the hearts of all mankind.

Whoops!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Strawman. The entire Bible is written by monotheists (or unitarian) Hebrews who reject the trinity to this day. On top of that, no one is claiming the word unitarian is in the Bible. However, the doctrine of a one being God is explicitly stated in Scripture, over and over and over again, 1000's of times!

Moses: 4 Listen, Israel! The Eternal is our True God—He alone. 5 You should love Him, your True God, with all your heart and soul, with every ounce of your strength.
Deut 6:4-5, The Sh'ma (most important commandment) The VOICE

I am the Eternal One; there is no other God but Me

Isaiah 45:5 (note singular pronouns)

'For us, there is one God, the Father.'

1 Cor 8:6
Likewise the Godhead of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is all through the Bible.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I remember correctly the Mosaic Law was referred to as forever or eternal around 50 times.
The prophets foretold that the human warlord king messiah would conquer all their enemies.
The Temple would be rebuilt and last forever.
And sacrifices in the temple would go on forever.
And the Mosaic Law would be written in the hearts of all mankind.

Whoops!

i am not asking you about the Mosaic Law.

Here - once more

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likewise the Godhead of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is all through the Bible.

There is no 'Godhead.' The term is from Eastern mysticism. You shall have no other gods (especially the trinitarian god) before me. NOTE: Singular pronoun in explicit command.

The Father alone is God and is Spirit. His Spirit his Holy. Of course, this is all throughout the Bible. Keep in mind that Jesus was not crucified for claiming to be God incarnate; he was crucified for claiming to be the Anointed - anointed by God!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not asking you about the Mosaic Law.

Here - once more

Well on the Old Testament scriptures I will again say I am not a Jew and we are not under that covenant.
The warning in Revelation is speaking only of the book of Revelation....it was not bound in a "book" until Constantine commissioned the binding of the scriptures in the 50 Bibles of Constantine circa 350 AD. Of course no one should take away from the scriptures or add....that rule was not observed because there have been around 40,000 modifications to the scriptures.
The term Gentile is a French word coined circa 1400 AD. In the Greek scriptures...ethnos.
Absolutely non of this applies to Christian salvation.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well on the Old Testament scriptures I will again say I am not a Jew and we are not under that covenant.
The warning in Revelation is speaking only of the book of Revelation....it was not bound in a "book" until Constantine commissioned the binding of the scriptures in the 50 Bibles of Constantine circa 350 AD. Of course no one should take away from the scriptures or add....that rule was not observed because there have been around 40,000 modifications to the scriptures.
The term Gentile is a French word coined circa 1400 AD. In the Greek scriptures...ethnos.
Absolutely non of this applies to Christian salvation.

i am not asking you about the Mosaic Law. - are you able to get past this, because you always focus on this

Absolutely this applies to Salvation and without obedience to it you cannot be saved = John 3:16-18

Here it is - once more - again

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did your version render Acts 28:6 a god then? theos is translated god correctly sir ho theos is properly rendered God. Your version deliberately translated it God, but were inconsistent in rendering it that way in all cases. In actuality the translators of your selected version deliberately altered the word, just like they altered Ps 110:1

You do not know the answer to your own question???

How can you, be a teacher of righteousness, if you cannot answer/understand why the Apostle John wrote:
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." John 1:1

Who walked, touched, heard and loved the Word that became flesh - you or the Apostle John???
Who 'witnessed' the death of Christ on the cross and later, His Resurrection and for forty days His Victory over Death - you or Apostle John???
Who did the LORD appear to in His GLORY and reveal His REVELATION to - you or the Apostle John???

Who is the true Yehovah witness that you should be listening to??? JW or the Apostles John, Peter and Paul.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not asking you about the Mosaic Law. - are you able to get past this, because you always focus on this

Did I say anything about the Mosaic Law. I am talking about the Old Testament that you quoted.

Absolutely this applies to Salvation and without obedience to it you cannot be saved = John 3:16-18

Obedience to what? Obedience to belief?

Here it is - once more - again

And again I am not a Jew. No eternal commandment for Christians here.

Has nothing to do with salvation.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I say anything about the Mosaic Law. I am talking about the Old Testament that you quoted.

Obedience to what? Obedience to belief?

And again I am not a Jew. No eternal commandment for Christians here.

Has nothing to do with salvation.

How is it you cannot hear God's words speaking: The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't help when you turn the volume down.

What spirit?

Naaa!

How is it you cannot hear God's words speaking: Jesus said, "The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life"- John 6:63

Grailhunter asked: "What spirit?" Answer: the Spirit of Christ
Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things which angels desire to look into.

"Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him." - Romans 8:9

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Billy to Bible study teacher: Why did God have to send himself down to earth to become his own son to sacrifice himself just to convince himself to forgive us?

to testify himself that you may believe and you may have eternal fife.
Revelation 1:18 (KJV) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Romans 6:23 (KJV)For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Hebrews 10:14 (KJV) For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Hebrews 10:9-10 (KJV)Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Reactions: David in NJ