Silly question, but a thought provoking one:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
images-CA1-X02-SY.jpg

John 15:16 (NKJV)
You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
It is a phrase where He says no one can choose Christ, He does the choosing

John 14:6 (NKJV)
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
In this phrase, No one can come to the Father unless Christ chooses so

John 6:44 (NKJV)
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
In this phrase, It is the Father that chooses for the Christ

Matthew 22:14 (NKJV) For many are called, but few are chosen."

I guess that is why many choose to go to Him, Christ has a magnetic personality

Do you know what Christ means sir?

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@OneIsTheWord Good to acknowledge from Scripture the One Who really did the choosing.... :)

I heard you one can Petition
images-CAPF08-AD.jpg

Will men cry out for help!

Matt 23:34-39 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

Job 36:13-14; 5 - 14 “But the hypocrites in heart store up wrath; They do not cry for help when He binds them. They die in youth, And their life ends among the perverted persons. (Read Rom. 1:18–32).

Isaiah 42:2 He will not cry out, nor raise His voice, Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.

Job 35:9-13 “Because of the multitude of oppressions they cry out; They cry out for help because of the arm of the mighty. But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker, Who gives songs in the night, Who teaches us more than the beasts of the earth, And makes us wiser than the birds of heaven?' There they cry out, but He does not answer, Because of the pride of evil men. Surely God will not listen to empty talk, Nor will the Almighty regard it.

Jer 11:12-13 Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry out to the gods to whom they offer incense, but they will not save them at all in the time of their trouble. For according to the number of your cities were your gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem you have set up altars to that shameful thing, altars to burn incense to Baal.
Luke 4:41 And demons also came out of many, crying out and saying, "You are the Christ, the Son of God!" And He, rebuking them, did not allow them to speak, for they knew that He was the Christ
Isaiah 42:13 The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I heard you one can Petition
images-CAPF08-AD.jpg

Will men cry out for help!

Matt 23:34-39 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

Job 36:13-14; 5 - 14 “But the hypocrites in heart store up wrath; They do not cry for help when He binds them. They die in youth, And their life ends among the perverted persons. (Read Rom. 1:18–32).

Isaiah 42:2 He will not cry out, nor raise His voice, Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.

Job 35:9-13 “Because of the multitude of oppressions they cry out; They cry out for help because of the arm of the mighty. But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker, Who gives songs in the night, Who teaches us more than the beasts of the earth, And makes us wiser than the birds of heaven?' There they cry out, but He does not answer, Because of the pride of evil men. Surely God will not listen to empty talk, Nor will the Almighty regard it.

Jer 11:12-13 Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry out to the gods to whom they offer incense, but they will not save them at all in the time of their trouble. For according to the number of your cities were your gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem you have set up altars to that shameful thing, altars to burn incense to Baal.
Luke 4:41 And demons also came out of many, crying out and saying, "You are the Christ, the Son of God!" And He, rebuking them, did not allow them to speak, for they knew that He was the Christ
Isaiah 42:13 The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies.
@OneIsTheWord Searching verses there...

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what Christ means sir?

Greeting Robert yes a big question

Who is Christ?
images-CA1-EOE2-Q.jpg

John 1:1-5 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was at the beginning with God.
All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
In him was life; the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

As a man, he was one of us He was the Son of Man

Men can never comprehend who is Christ Jesus is, and what He has become because He is beyond us unless you have a new relationship with Him

images-82.jpg

John 10:14-15 (NKJV) I am the good shepherd, and I know My sheep and am known by My own.
As the Father knows Me, even so, I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

John 10:7 (NKJV) Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

Luke 11:9-10 (NKJV) "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened

Christ is God
John 10:30 (NKJV) I and My Father are one."

images-CA5-LSOZW.jpg

John 12:45 (NKJV) And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.

John 20:29 (NKJV) Jesus said to him, "Thomas because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Matthew 5:8 (NKJV) Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.

John 8:12 (NKJV) Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

John 14:6-7 (NKJV) Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

John 14:6 (NKJV) Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 6:44 (NKJV) No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 16:13-16 (NKJV) When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Is Christ's action consistent with, who God the Father is?

OIP-24.jpg

John 8:29 (NKJV) And He who sent Me is with Me.
The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."

John 10:10 (NKJV) The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.

Isaiah 55:6-8 (NKJV) Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD.

John 10:35 (NKJV) If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),

1 John 2:2 (NKJV) And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

1 John 4:10 (NKJV) In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:10 (NKJV) In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

John 10:18 (NKJV) No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have the power to lay it down, and I have the power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."

John 6:38 (NKJV) For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

What was Christ’s relationship to God the Father-Abba?
OIP-23.jpg

Genesis 1:26 (NKJV)
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness
images-jpg777.jpg

1 John 5:7-9 (NKJV) For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.

John 16:12-15 (NKJV) I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

1 John 4:6 (NKJV) We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this, we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

John 1:7-9 (NKJV) This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
He was not that Light but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
That was the true Light that gives light to every man coming into the world.

1 John 5:6 (NKJV) This is He who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not only by water but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness because the Spirit is truth.

1 John 5:8 (NKJV) And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

John 3:6 (NKJV) That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The Holy Spirit

images-CA1-JXFBZ.jpg

John 14:16 (NKJV) And I will pray for the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--

John 16:7-8 (NKJV) Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

John 14:17 (NKJV) the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

John 14:26 (NKJV) But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Luke 11:13 (NKJV) If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greeting Robert yes a big question

Who is Christ?
images-CA1-EOE2-Q.jpg

John 1:1-5 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was at the beginning with God.
All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
In him was life; the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

As a man, he was one of us He was the Son of Man

Men can never comprehend who is Christ Jesus is, and what He has become because He is beyond us unless you have a new relationship with Him

images-82.jpg

John 10:14-15 (NKJV) I am the good shepherd, and I know My sheep and am known by My own.
As the Father knows Me, even so, I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

John 10:7 (NKJV) Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

Luke 11:9-10 (NKJV) "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened

Christ is God
John 10:30 (NKJV) I and My Father are one."

images-CA5-LSOZW.jpg

John 12:45 (NKJV) And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.

John 20:29 (NKJV) Jesus said to him, "Thomas because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Matthew 5:8 (NKJV) Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.

John 8:12 (NKJV) Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

John 14:6-7 (NKJV) Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

John 14:6 (NKJV) Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 6:44 (NKJV) No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 16:13-16 (NKJV) When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Is Christ's action consistent with, who God the Father is?

OIP-24.jpg

John 8:29 (NKJV) And He who sent Me is with Me.
The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."

John 10:10 (NKJV) The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.

Isaiah 55:6-8 (NKJV) Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD.

John 10:35 (NKJV) If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),

1 John 2:2 (NKJV) And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

John 10:18 (NKJV) No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have the power to lay it down, and I have the power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."

John 6:38 (NKJV) For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

What was Christ’s relationship to God the Father-Abba?
OIP-23.jpg

Genesis 1:26 (NKJV)
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness
images-jpg777.jpg

1 John 5:7-9 (NKJV) For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.

John 16:12-15 (NKJV) I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

1 John 4:6 (NKJV) We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this, we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

John 1:7-9 (NKJV) This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
He was not that Light but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
That was the true Light that gives light to every man coming into the world.

1 John 5:6 (NKJV) This is He who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not only by water but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness because the Spirit is truth.

1 John 5:8 (NKJV) And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

John 3:6 (NKJV) That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The Holy Spirit

images-CA1-JXFBZ.jpg

John 14:16 (NKJV) And I will pray for the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--

John 16:7-8 (NKJV) Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

John 14:17 (NKJV) the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

John 14:26 (NKJV) But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Luke 11:13 (NKJV) If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

I think I will stick to the Bible's teachings, Jehovah is God, Jesus is God's son

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I will stick to the Bible's teachings, Jehovah is God, Jesus is God's son

you did not specify the name.
the passages on who Christ is, in the Book of John, specify who God is and how God came into the world.
Use your imagination, Christ used parables to show a picture of Heaven, an earthly story with a spiritual meaning
images-5.jpg

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What is God's name in the Bible?
YHWH
YHWH is the Bible's commonest name for God. Besides occurring by itself, YHWH also appears as the first element of two important compound names: YHWH elohim, usually translated as “the Lord God,” and YHWH ṣebaoth, which English translations traditionally render as “the Lord of hosts.
What are the 7 names of God but a total of 21 names in the Torah identify the Lord's character
Seven names of God. The seven names of God that, once written, cannot be erased because of their holiness are the Tetragrammaton, El, Elohim, Eloah, Elohai, El Shaddai, and Tzevaot.
What is God's other name?
Some Quakers refer to God as the Light. Another term used is King of Kings or Lord of Lords and Lord of Hosts. Other names used by Christians include Ancient of Days, Father/Abba which is Hebrew, "Most High" and the Hebrew names Elohim, El-Shaddai, Yahweh, Jehovah, and Adonai. ... Deus is the Latin word for God.

Jehovah or Yahweh?
A previous generation pronounced our Father's name as Jehovah, not Yahweh. The American Standard Version of 1901 actually used the word Jehovah whenever our Father's name appeared in the Old Testament. But today the correct pronunciation and spelling are believed to be Yahweh.
God's name in Hebrew?
YHWH
Yahweh
, the name for the God of the Israelites, represents the biblical pronunciation of “YHWH,” the Hebrew name revealed to Moses in the book of Exodus. The name YHWH, consisting of the sequence of consonants Yod, Heh, Waw, and Heh, is known as the tetragrammaton.
What is another name for Jesus in the Bible?
Yeshua/Y'shua was in common use by Jews during the Second Temple period and many Jewish religious figures bear the name, including Joshua in the Hebrew Bible and Jesus in the New Testament.

Are Jesus and Yahweh the same?
Yahshua is a proposed transliteration of the original Hebrew name of Jesus of Nazareth, considered by Christians and Messianic Jews to be the Messiah. The name means Yahweh (Yah) is salvation (Shua).

Matthew 6:33-34 (NKJV) But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you did not specify the name.
the passages on who Christ is, in the Book of John, specify who God is and how God came into the world.
Use your imagination, Christ used parables to show a picture of Heaven, an earthly story with a spiritual meaning
images-5.jpg

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What is God's name in the Bible?
YHWH
YHWH is the Bible's commonest name for God. Besides occurring by itself, YHWH also appears as the first element of two important compound names: YHWH elohim, usually translated as “the Lord God,” and YHWH ṣebaoth, which English translations traditionally render as “the Lord of hosts.
What are the 7 names of God but a total of 21 names in the Torah identify the Lord's character
Seven names of God. The seven names of God that, once written, cannot be erased because of their holiness are the Tetragrammaton, El, Elohim, Eloah, Elohai, El Shaddai, and Tzevaot.
What is God's other name?
Some Quakers refer to God as the Light. Another term used is King of Kings or Lord of Lords and Lord of Hosts. Other names used by Christians include Ancient of Days, Father/Abba which is Hebrew, "Most High" and the Hebrew names Elohim, El-Shaddai, Yahweh, Jehovah, and Adonai. ... Deus is the Latin word for God.

Jehovah or Yahweh?
A previous generation pronounced our Father's name as Jehovah, not Yahweh. The American Standard Version of 1901 actually used the word Jehovah whenever our Father's name appeared in the Old Testament. But today the correct pronunciation and spelling are believed to be Yahweh.
God's name in Hebrew?
YHWH
Yahweh
, the name for the God of the Israelites, represents the biblical pronunciation of “YHWH,” the Hebrew name revealed to Moses in the book of Exodus. The name YHWH, consisting of the sequence of consonants Yod, Heh, Waw, and Heh, is known as the tetragrammaton.
What is another name for Jesus in the Bible?
Yeshua/Y'shua was in common use by Jews during the Second Temple period and many Jewish religious figures bear the name, including Joshua in the Hebrew Bible and Jesus in the New Testament.

Are Jesus and Yahweh the same?
Yahshua is a proposed transliteration of the original Hebrew name of Jesus of Nazareth, considered by Christians and Messianic Jews to be the Messiah. The name means Yahweh (Yah) is salvation (Shua).

Matthew 6:33-34 (NKJV) But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Jehovah has only one name sir, which you accurately stated as YHWH, those (El, Elohim, Eloah, Elohai, El Shaddai, and Tzevaot) are not names at all, rather descriptive titles for Him. El is god, but the additions are description words of that god.