Sin Consciousness : is the Carnal Mind = wrong Belief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"eternal" means eternal..

"eternal Life".

Jesus said....>"ALL that believe in me.. i give unto you Eternal Life"..

And that is "The Gift of Eternal life".

And the Scripture says that "The GIFTS and CALLINGS of GOD are without repentance"..

He wont every take them AWAY from you. - "without repentance"...

Now, a heretic, pride filled and theologically ignorant will jump up and say..>"but i can give it back, i can stop it".

So, that is how it sounds when you are a heretic and have no understanding of God's Salvation.
People can not take self out of the equation.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one is "in Christ" until they do this.. @quietthinker

Jesus said.. ."you must be born again".. ,.and THEN, and only then are you "in Christ"..

""God took your sin and my sin and laid them all on the Sinless Jesus...

He knew no sin, He did no sin and in Him, is no sin...

And God unleashed the full force of His divine retribution, and punishment, and judgement against all sins.. = but in the Body of Jesus Christ...

And Jesus absorbed all of God's Anger and judgement for all of our sins that He was bearing on our behalf... until there is nothing left...

And....then Jesus shouted = "FINISHED"..."" And then later rose from the dead to PROVE IT.

1.) """God hath made JESUS.... to be SIN FOR US"..""""

2.) ""Jesus is the ONE TIME.... .Eternal Sacrifice .. for sin"...

Welcome to : "The Preaching of the Cross", that is "The Gospel of the Grace of God".
This is your gospel, it is not that of Jesus.
God does not kill neither does he require death. Death is the domain of Satan. It is Satan who has the power of death which the Son of God came to destroy. God is love and life, he was in Christ reconciling the world to himself by showing he would rather let us kill him than kill.
Jesus did not pray in Gethsemane to a murdering Father.
God has never been angry because we failed; he sought us out bringing gifts and offering hope. The Story of Adam and Eve testify to this.

Romans 5 tells us clearly that just as all are in Adam so all are in Christ. We are reconciled and have been given the message of reconciliation as a gift to a perishing world. Trust the gift plus nothing.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you. So I think the point that was made that hasnt been said is that, saying the sinners prayer doesnt mean that one is in Christ yet or abiding in Christ.

Maybe it's at the Baptism of the Holy Spirit where we come into Christ? Then we are born again?

Like a race. Anybody can go up by the line and say I'm racing in this race too and stand outside the track and are still when the runners take off...How can they possibly win the race? They didnt even run with them!
I have struggled trying to define walking "in him" because the churches have taught for so long that "in Christ" and "Christ in" mean the same thing. And that it all means we should try to be more like Jesus as we walk in our flesh. I believe "in Christ" means walking "in him." In the spirit.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life is eternal

When you call out to God and ask for his gift of salvation. he saves you

Not everyone who calls out is saved, Because not everyone truly has faith.

But to say one can be saved today and lost tomorrow is not found in the word

I didn't say that someone can lose their salvation. Did it sound like I did? Sorry. Lol. I spoke of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit which is the moment that they receive their new spirit as promised and the Holy Spirit sets up shop within you! This man is, in Christ.

The only way you can get rid of God after that is by walking away from Him and one would find that He is there on the Mountain too. If he goes and makes his bed in sheol, God is there too! Just like David wrote. David had no choice except to repent and turn back to the Lord! (Because he had been baptised in the Spirit and belongs to the Lord!

But the man I spoke of earlier, who said the sinners prayer and went home and continued to live in sin may have thought that he was saved. But was he really? Study to show thyself approved! Pray without Ceasing! Did he do any of that to demonstrate (walking in faith) that he lives for the Lord now? This man didnt lose his salvation either, he never had it to begin with. I *believe* this is right.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that someone can lose their salvation. Did it sound like I did?
Yes actually it did

Sorry. Lol. I spoke of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit which is the moment that they receive their new spirit as promised and the Holy Spirit sets up shop within you! This man is, in Christ.

The only way you can get rid of God after that is by walking away from Him and one would find that He is there on the Mountain too. If he goes and makes his bed in sheol, God is there too! Just like David wrote. David had no choice except to repent and turn back to the Lord! (Because he had been baptised in the Spirit and belongs to the Lord!

But the man I spoke of earlier, who said the sinners prayer and went home and continued to live in sin may have thought that he was saved. But was he really? Study to show thyself approved! Pray without Ceasing! Did he do any of that to demonstrate (walking in faith) that he lives for the Lord now? This man didnt lose his salvation either, he never had it to begin with. I *believe* this is right.
I think alot of people we think are saved are lost. and alot we think are lost are saved.

I try not to judge. Not many people change overnight..

Reactions: MA2444

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes actually it did

I think alot of people we think are saved are lost. and alot we think are lost are saved.

I try not to judge. Not many people change overnight..
I think it is easier to be saved than lost.....but most will be lost. Why is that? It is because the God they love is not the God of Jesus but they think it is. Their God is a God of retribution; one who kicks arse; one who has no qualms torturing his creatures for eternity because they refuse. They have no assurance just lots of religious words......and in spite of their words harbour hated cloaked in piety. The attitude and behaviour reflects their God.