Sin Unto Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God baptized me into the death of CHrist, Into the burial of Christ, Into the body of CHrist, and into christ himself

I was baptized in water almost a year after I was baptized by God.

My water baptism was a work of gratitude as a result of being saved’’

My spirit baptism SAVED ME

Gods work saved me, Not my work in water baptism.

Friend, I hope you know I am not interested in winning arguments.
I am interested in you knowing the truth.

God baptized me into the death of CHrist, Into the burial of Christ, Into the body of CHrist, and into christ
Exactly when did this occur? At the moment you believed?

Are you aware that "Holy Spirit baptism" never saved anyone?
Do you know that "Holy Spirit baptism " never represented the death, burial and ressurection of Christ?
Romans 6:1-7 teaches we reenact the death, burial and ressurection of Chrisr in our water baptism.
You need to give scripture that shows "Holy Spirit baptism " is the death, burial and ressurection of Christ.

The apostles were not saved by "Holy Spirit baptism"
They received the promise of the Holy Spirit in Acts 2:4.
They were already saved, In water baptism, Mark 1:4-5 ; 8

John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
Then all the land of Judea and those from Jerusalem, went out to him, and were all baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.
I indeed baptized you(apostles) with water; but He(Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

We know Mark 1:8 is the apostles because Jesus told them the same thing in Acts 1:1-5.

I was baptized in water almost a year after I was baptized by God.

Not one example of conversion in the new testament waited even one day let alone one year to be water baptized! Your story of conversion to Christ is radically different from how those in the new testament got saved!

When they were taught the gospel they immediately repented confessed and were water baptized.
You admit you were water baptized although not Biblical baptism.
Therefore you are teaching two baptisms in the gospel of Christ.
This contradicts Paul who taught only one baptism, Ephesians 4:5.

Simon the Sorcerer was saved in Acts 8:13. He never received Holy Spirit baptism or any miraculous gifts of the Spirit. This proves your gospel is unbiblical.
No one was saved by Holy Spirit baptism.
Jesus is our Savior, Matthew 26:28 Not the HS,
For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins.
The Holy Spirit plays an indirect part in our salvation by revealing the revelation of God,
1Corinthians 2:13
These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches,
Comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

By the teaching of the Holy Spirit we know how to be saved, 1Corinthians 12:13,
For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body.....

My water baptism was a work of gratitude as a result of being saved’’
You cannot find anywhere in Jesus' new covenant that baptism was a result of being saved,
Acts 2:38 ....repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins.

My spirit baptism SAVED ME
Water baptism is spiritual baptism. It is where God performs spiritual surgery to create a new born again babe in Christ, Colossians 2:12
Ressurected with Christ, Romans 6:1-7 in water immersion.

Gods work saved me, Not my work in water baptism
And lastly, you destroyed, you defeated, you contradicted the whole premise your doctrine is based upon!
Faith alone salvation without works!
You admit you are in reality saved by works! The works of God.
Water baptism is a work of God, Colossians 2:12. Tell God it's not His work in baptism.

Friend, at least now you admit works save.
Unfortunately you cannot be saved by another gospel. There is only one gospel that has the power to save.
Galatians 1:7
Which is not another: but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Do you know that "Holy Spirit baptism " never represented the death, burial and ressurection of Christ?
Romans 6:1-7 teaches we reenact the death, burial and ressurection of Chrisr in our water baptism.
You need to give scripture that shows "Holy Spirit baptism " is the death, burial and ressurection of Christ.

John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
Then all the land of Judea and those from Jerusalem, went out to him, and were all baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.
I indeed baptized you(apostles) with water; but He(Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

We know Mark 1:8 is the apostles because Jesus told them the same thing in Acts 1:1-5.

Not one example of conversion in the new testament waited even one day let alone one year to be water baptized! Your story of conversion to Christ is radically different from how those in the new testament got saved!

When they were taught the gospel they immediately repented confessed and were water baptized.

Simon the Sorcerer was saved in Acts 8:13. He never received Holy Spirit baptism or any miraculous gifts of the Spirit. This proves your gospel is unbiblical.
For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins.
The Holy Spirit plays an indirect part in our salvation by revealing the revelation of God,
These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches,

You cannot find anywhere in Jesus' new covenant that baptism was a result of being saved,
Acts 2:38 ....repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins.

Water baptism is spiritual baptism. It is where God performs spiritual surgery to create a new born again babe in Christ, Colossians 2:12

And lastly, you destroyed, you defeated, you contradicted the whole premise your doctrine is based upon!
Water baptism is a work of God, Colossians 2:12. Tell God it's not His work in baptism.

Unfortunately you cannot be saved by another gospel. There is only one gospel that has the power to save.
Which is not another: but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
There is no such thing as "baptismal regeneration"

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There is no such thing as "baptismal regeneration"
1Pe_3:21 which also after a true likeness doth now save you, even baptism, not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the interrogation of a good conscience toward God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ;

3) "Not the putting away of the filth of the flesh." (Baptism (a picture) no more saves, puts away flesh or soul-sin (filth) than a mother's picture gives physical life - see?

4) "But the answer of a good conscience toward God." Noah and his family believed in God before they believed in the ark -- after they trusted in Him, they obeyed out of love. Gal_5:6. Their building and entering the ark was in answer or response to a good conscience. So must ours be today. We follow Jesus in baptism. We do not find Him in baptism, Rom_6:4-5.

Blessings
J.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well your not doing very well. Because you are not showing me truth..

1 suggestion I have for you. is set down. Set your pride aside. and truly seek out the truth.. It will help you not only in our conversation. But in understanding Gods word.

here is the truth my friend

No sinner has the ability to Baptize me into the death of Christ, His burial. His person and his body. Only God has that power

If God did not immerse me in those things, as God baptized the children of Israel into moses in the desert. I am not saved. Period.

No OT saint under the law was saved because they were physically circumcised. that ceremony was a symbol of what God would do once that person made a decision to trust God or reject him. which was to wash the person of all his filth and make him clean.

No NT saint will be saved because they allowed themselves to be baptized in water. That ceremony symbolized what God did at the moment they were saved when they were washed and made clean, so they can be regenerated.

Its all there in titus 3: 5. Not by works of righteousness which we have done (like water baptism) but by his mercy he SAVED US by the WASHING (baptism) and REGENERATION (new birth) OF (by) the Holy Spirit

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the salvation doctrine of calvinism faith in Christ does not save.
I know you're a calvinist Johann so you have no understanding of how Jesus' gospel saves mankind.

Your salvation has absolutely nothing to do with faith in Christ.
Nothing to do with hearing the gospel of Christ.

When does the calvinist teach one is regenerated?

BEFORE FAITH IN JESUS!

Therefore one is saved before hearing the gospel and having faith in Christ.

Regeneration means born again.

Johann you believe you were born again first.
Then you believed in Jesus,

That is unbiblical.

To be saved one must first believe in the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus, 1Corinthians 15:1-4
Johann, you have a person saved ie regenerated before he comes to faith in Christ.

The bible teaches the power of salvation is IN the gospel.
Johann, you teach the power is not in the gospel,
A person has already been regenerated before he even understands or believes in the gospel.

This is calvinist salvation Johann is nowhere taught in Jesus gospel.
God condemns your false gospel Johann.

The power is ONLY in the gospel. Not before you believe in the gospel.
Only the gospel can regenerate ie make one born again, Johann.
Not regenerated before the gospel!

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the jew first and also for the greek.

Johann's calvinism has man regenerated without the power of the gospel.
In calvinism the gospel is not the power that regenerates.
Calvinism is unbiblical.

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter taught baptism is not a physical washing.
Peter taught it is a spiritual cleansing.
1Peter 3:20-21
Who formerly were disobedient, when the divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is eight souls were saved by water.
There is also an antitype which now saves us--immersion (not the removal of the filth of the flesh(taking a bath)
But the answer of a good conscience toward God) (believing the gospel and obeying it) through the ressurection of Jesus Christ.

Johann Peter teaches the water saved Noah likewise water immersion doth now save us!
Peter teaches baptism is not washing the filth of the flesh.
Baptism , cleanses the conscience by knowing you have obeyed Gods Gospel plan of salvation!

Baptizo never means cleansing the flesh!
If you were a Greek scholar you would know this,

Reactions: marks

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6 teaches we put off sins of our old life in baptism.
Romans 6 teaches we are raised from the waters of baptism born again in Christ.

Contact multiple Greek scholars and ask which baptism is Romans 6:1-7.
It is baptizo ie water immersion.
Make sure you ask them if there is any passage that uses the Greek word baptizo for Holy Spirit baptism.

Titus 3:5
You teach we are not saved by any works of righteousness which we have done.
Titus does not teach this.
You cannot understand Titus 3:5 without reading verse 4!

Titus 3:4-5
But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared....

Did God love us before we did works of righteousness? Yes He did.

Verse 5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done.

Titus 3:5 is teaching God loves us, chose to save us before we did any works of righteousness.
That is the Point, EG.

It is not teaching what your church teaches.
That God saves without any works of righteousness we do. Wrong!

If your interpretation of Titus 3:5 is correct.
Then EG, you are not saved by faith!!!

Are you not aware that faith in Christ is a work of righteousness?
Apparently not.

Acts 10:35
But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

You need to know what works of righteousness are.

Heres the answer,
Psalm 119:172
My tongue shall speak of Your word,
For all Your commandments are righteousness.

See that?
Works of righteousness are obeying, keeping the commandments of God.

Do we obey any commandments to be saved EG?
Yes, you do work, works of righteousness in your false gospel to be saved.
Therefore even your gospel is contradicting your misinterpretation of Titus 3:5.

Faith is a commandment, 1John 3:23-24.
Therefore, when you obey the commandment and believed in Jesus,
YOU WORKED RIGHTEOUSNESS TO BE SAVED!

John 6:28-29
1John 3:23-24
You obeyed a commandment, therefore you did a work of righteousness to be saved.

1John 3:23-24
And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ.

You did a work of righteousness to be "saved".
I'm not saying you are saved,
I'm saying you think believing alone saves.

You obeyed God to be "saved"
This clearly contradicts your gospel of faith and no obedience, no works salvation.
Faith alone gospel is from man because of its many contradictions

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Go easy on him brother. Many do believe water baptism saves.