SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think so.

You are asking me to boast of the works that I do.

I would rather let another man's lips praise me, and not my own.

I feel, also, that when we draw attention to the things that we have done, we lose our reward.

(see Matthew 6:1-18)
sharing with others how God is at work in your life is boasting ?

yikes.................

you talk all the time about living sinless yet you cannot share how that looks with your neighbors and how that impacts the lives of others ?

talk about an oxymoron......................

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea 14:9

Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you share the gospel message of salvation with your neighbors near your home ?

And what other ways do you show them love besides sharing the good news with them, assuming you do share the gospel with them ?

Can you give us some practical biblical ways you show them Gods love ?

hope this helps !!!
This is just plain mean, C. Give it some thought.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was Offered. I Accepted the Lords Offering, "according TO His Way"...assuredly Heartful Acceptance ONCE...and absolutely Trust He fulfilled IN me ONCE, His Promise to forgive me, accept my body crucified with Jesus, restore and save my soul, quicken my spirit...and Never Depart From me....and Nothing whatsoever can undermine Gods Will.
So, if we find you purposely living in the unbelief of your old life a year from now, what does that mean as far as your once saved always saved beliefs? Are you lost or still saved?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do those Truthful statements sound like they are coming from a Bragger ? A “ self-Righteous”, deceived , Pharisee ? Yeah.....I thought not.....apology accepted.
1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just plain mean, C. Give it some thought.
ok tell me what good is it sitting behind a computer quoting scripture 24/7 if in your daily life its not being lived out or you refuse to share how God is working in your day to day life and giving some practical examples of God using you to minister to the needs of others ?

or help me out with how to communicate that in a better way, thanks !

I'm all ears. :)

BTW Happy New Years !

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The church has been polluted by corrupt, inaccurate teachings beyond remedy.

I see you Mocking the Church quite often, Why be an accuser of the brethren, Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Why bring false accusations with your False Gospel That Jesus Only died for some of their Sins and not all, You make your own doctrine out of One verse you twist to your own Destruction

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why bring false accusations with your False Gospel That Jesus Only died for some of their Sins and not all

What post did @Ferris Bueller do this in?

I have not seen it. Can you point us to it?

You make your own doctrine out of One verse you twist to your own Destruction

Hey, that is what Once Saved Always Saved folks do with John 10:28!

You have it backwards I’m afraid.

The true teachers of the Bible use all of the Bible plainly to show the Bible’s doctrine; God’s doctrine.

In order to come to believe in Once Saved Always Saved you need to be defeated by sin and fall into its clutches by your own lust and learn it from men.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok tell me what good is it sitting behind a computer quoting scripture 24/7 if in your daily life its not being lived out or you refuse to share how God is working in your day to day life and giving some practical examples of God using you to minister to the needs of others ?

or help me out with how to communicate that in a better way, thanks !

I'm all ears. :)

BTW Happy New Years !
How about: It's none of my business what JBF does in his time away from his computer, especially if he conscientiously objects to divulging it. Consider the possibility that what you're insisting upon him doing might just be inappropriate. Some people are disabled and can't be very active in door-to-door witnessing at all. And that's just what I came up with off the top of my head. :)

:):):)HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!;););) :D

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about: It's none of my business what JBF does in his time away from his computer, especially if he conscientiously objects to divulging it. Consider the possibility that what you're insisting upon him doing might just be inappropriate. Some people are disabled and can't be very active in door-to-door witnessing at all. And that's just what I came up with off the top of my head. :)

:):):)HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!;););) :D
I didn't know he was physically disabled, my bad.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was just an example. I don't know his circumstances. I do know that forced testimonies are not testimonies at all.
I guess I come from a different background where I was raised in my early years as a young believer to share my faith and going through campus crucade for christ materials and navigators in the 80's. So whenever we were asked by someone about Christ it was an open door to walk through and give our testimony how Jesus had changed our lives and to ask them if they had considered Jesus or heard about Him. It was not anything we were ashamed to talk about with anyone.

I guess not everyone on the forums who post allot have a similar experience with sharing ones faith when asked.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: BarneyFife

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What post did @Ferris Bueller do this in?

I have not seen it. Can you point us to it?

Hey, that is what Once Saved Always Saved folks do with John 10:28!

You have it backwards I’m afraid.

The true teachers of the Bible use all of the Bible plainly to show the Bible’s doctrine; God’s doctrine.

In order to come to believe in Once Saved Always Saved you need to be defeated by sin and fall into its clutches by your own lust and learn it from men.

Why not ask Him But He says it often Post 1240 as an example, He says Willful sins aren't covered and they can't be forgiven, You Cross Deniers Put Salvation on works and If one ever makes a mistake you lose Salvation, So you aren't trusting in Jesus finished work at all you are relying on your performance

You're blinded by Your hatred For A doctrine you Don't understand, I haven't mentioned anything about it and you haven't asked, Your last sentence is just really weird? What Sin are you talking about? Believing and trusting in Jesus? Does Saved by Grace Through faith not of Works Annoy you?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not ask Him But He says it often Post 1240 as an example, He says Willful sins aren't covered and they can't be forgiven, You Cross Deniers Put Salvation on works and If one ever makes a mistake you lose Salvation, So you aren't trusting in Jesus finished work at all you are relying on your performance

You're blinded by Your hatred For A doctrine you Don't understand, I haven't mentioned anything about it and you haven't asked, Your last sentence is just really weird? What Sin are you talking about? Believing and trusting in Jesus? Does Saved by Grace Through faith not of Works Annoy you?
This is a classic case of straw man argument. All those who believe that the power of the cross does more than just forgive sins are accused of "saved by works" heresy and called "Cross Deniers." This does little to aid in meaningful discussion and, in fact, does positive injury to it. What a shame. :(

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is a classic case of straw man argument. All those who believe that the power of the cross does more than just forgive sins are accused of "saved by works" heresy and called "Cross Deniers." This does little to aid in meaningful discussion and, in fact, does positive injury to it. What a shame.

Straw man strawman Barney and His strawmen...But You have it wrong, The problem is when you put Salvation On those works, Why not just do works for works sake, or out of Love. Why attach Works to loss of Salvation, Why not Leave Salvation On the cross? Don't you understand when you Try say You can Lose your Salvation you Are Taking if off the Blood Shed at Calvery And putting it on something else, Hence Cross Deniers

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post 1240 as an example, He says Willful sins aren't covered and they can't be forgiven

He is saying what the scriptures say. See Hebrews 10:26-27.

You Cross Deniers Put Salvation on works

I do not deny the cross.

Salvation is conditional on two things:

1. Repentance and Belief
2. Enduring to the end

If one ever makes a mistake you lose Salvation

If one sins willfully, not one who makes a mistake.

So you aren't trusting in Jesus finished work at all you are relying on your performance

I relied on believing the gospel upon repenting. Now I rely on the Spirit in order to perform according to it.

You're blinded by Your hatred For A doctrine you Don't understand

I understand it perfectly. Which is why I hate it indeed.

Psalms 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is when you put Salvation On those works,
Who "put salvation on works?" And what works? (And what does that even mean?)
Why not just do works for works sake, or out of Love.
The only works I ever get accused of urging is Sabbath rest, which is the opposite of work.
Why attach Works to loss of Salvation,
Because the Bible does. It's been demonstrated thousands of times; dozens by myself.
Why not Leave Salvation On the cross?
Because the Cross is (while doubtless being the greatest) only one part of an entire atonement process. All of our works, even the "good" ones are tainted with selfishness, and therefore 100% insufficient to merit salvation. Our "good" works are just a meager offering of imperfect love. That is why we need the record of Christ's perfect works of the law (His life--not His death) along with His death, resurrection, ascension, and priestly ministry credited to our account for a complete substitutionary atonement.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just don’t tell me that obedience to the Law will GET you saved or KEEP you saved.
Nobody here is telling you that. Upholding the law shows you that you are saved. It is the result of faith. That's why it can be used as evidence you really are saved. Obedience to God's commands shows you to be believing in God and that you are saved.

Romans 3:31
31Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Making a dent yet? Or do you still insist that Christians ignore this verse?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody here is telling you that.

Upholding the law shows you that you are saved.
It is the result of faith.
That's why it can be used as evidence you really are saved.

(Pardon my emphasis)

Obedience to God's commands shows you to be believing in God and that you are saved.

Romans 3:31
31Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Making a dent yet? Or do you still insist that Christians ignore this verse?
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner!!!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
He is saying what the scriptures say. See Hebrews 10:26-27.

So according to that If the Gospel says Jesus died for your sins, And you Say Not all of your sins You didn't Believe the truth and Rejected the Gospel Message so there would be no more sacrifice for your sins, The holy Spirit will convict the world of sin, That they believed not on Jesus

Salvation is conditional on two things:

1. Repentance and Belief
2. Enduring to the end

Repentance And Belief Without Perspective Is useless, And who gives you the power to endure to the end your own Effort or God's power?

If one sins willfully, not one who makes a mistake.

You willfully Sin Everyday get over yourself, Anything not of faith is sin, You cant Love God With all your heart your soul Your strength Every moment of every day...come on let alone love your neighbor as your self

I understand it perfectly. Which is why I hate it indeed.

What If I called it Eternal Security would you still hate it, I know its easier to try and do it your own way than put your Soul on faith in Jesus, But once you do you realize its the only Way that God Accepts, And all you can offer Is Rubbish, He who began a Good Work in you will Finsh it

Status
Not open for further replies.