SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What is hard about understanding this response from me ?

"No its not as wisdom from God would confirm the fact that a miracle by definition is supernatural and comes from God as its source, not man. "

Its simple to understand They are playing semantics

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like a Ninja or karate Kid or something like that? no im not Im just dealing with powder puffs, that like to give it out but not get it back, stick to facts drop the emotions

I have never attacked you.

Unless you consider that you have had to be on the defensive because of my holiness preaching and have felt threatened by that.

That was not intended directly against you. But the dog that barks the loudest is the one that got hit.

"No its not as wisdom from God would confirm the fact that a miracle by definition is supernatural and comes from God as its source, not man. "

It is a run-on sentence.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can make it out, but it is a bit of a run-on. You should be more concise. As much as I generally enjoy your participation, I have trouble understanding you often enough. Just sayin'.

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its simple to understand They are playing semantics
Did he mean...

"No its not as wisdom from God...God would confirm the fact that a miracle by definition is supernatural and comes from God as its source, not man. "

If he had written it like that, then I could answer it better.

A spiritual gift of word of wisdom is in fact wisdom from God...and God does things in the realm of the miraculous that are perfectly observable scientifically (like the birth of a baby, or the effects of a life-giving remedy to an ailment).

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
powder puffs are like sweet little cakes what's wrong with that? you seam like one...Friend, you two are a funny duo, you have one trying to condemn to hell and the other doesn't believe in hell :)
Seems odd to you that two who don't agree on everything can be friends. Why doesn't that surprise me?

Reactions: justbyfaith

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can make it out, but it is a bit of a run-on. You should be more concise. As much as I generally enjoy your participation, I have trouble understanding you often enough. Just sayin'.
Ok I’ll make a concerted effort to improve as my New Years resolution :)

Reactions: HisLife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
powder puffs are like sweet little cakes what's wrong with that? you seam like one...Friend, you two are a funny duo, you have one trying to condemn to hell and the other doesn't believe in hell :)
I believe in Hell. I just believe that when its job is done, it burns up (as the Bible teaches, right?).

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is acceptable; though I find arguments on the subject to be quite tedious.
They are only tedious of you enter into the subject with an incorrect comprehension of God's character. If you already believe that God is capable of torturing people for all eternity and that such a character trait is in harmony with the gospel accounts of Jesus, who is the express image of the Father, then having to deal with people who think a God of justice, mercy, and love is incompatible with your perspective then yeah, I can understand it must get tiring trying to defend your position. It would be a real uphill struggle indeed.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From post #1400

Titus 2:11-12 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world

————————————————————————————
I promote ALL of these thinks, and although my Performance is like “ used menstrual rags” before a Perfect and Holy God ( just like yours, btw) ....I do a GREAT job with ALL of these items as far as men judge these things ....why do you Assume that you do a better job than I do? Self-Righteousness , Perhaps? Thank God, our Performances have NOTHING to do with our Salvation.....that was a gift....remember? And “ God's gifts are Without recall”
—————————————————————————————

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

———————————————————
I take the Grace Of God.....cling to it .....have tremendous Relief and Gratitude for it .....and then I REST in it, as ordered.....and then watch that “REST” translate into Love—- That “ LOVE” is the ENGINE that drives TRUE Obedience ....You don’t LIVE this “ ABUNDANT” Life, therefore you can never understand it......
Using “ Grace” as a License to Sin would be insane. If God granted me a “ License” to take a Razor Blade and slice off my lips , i would refuse to take it .....As I have said many times— Sin, for me, has all the pleasure of sticking my hand in a Hornets nest.
Sin causes me PAIN every time I engage in it....it hurts me....it hurts others...it hurts God.Now , you tell me , who wants a “ License” to do things that only hurt him in the end?
—————————————————————————————

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Straw man after straw man, presumption on top of presumption. Your post reeks to high heaven of arrogance and self righteous conceit.

Thank you !

I beg to differ......I think my posts “ reek” of Truth with plenty of Bible verses to back up everything that I say .....prove me wrong , using Chapter and Verse only.....opinions “ should” not and “ DO” not count for much around here....
It appears that my “ Nothing But The Blood” and my “ Rest in the Gospel Of Paul “ duo of teachings ( 99% of what I try to pass on) has got your Panties all twisted up in a knot.Please...for the sake Of your blood pressure——take some Valium or Tylenol.....have a lovely day !

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From post #1461

How many people walked on water during his earthly ministry?

Answer: Peter.

Matthew 14:29 KJV
[29] ...And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

Imagine what Peter did after the resurrection...

Here’s a hint:

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin

O ye of little faith!

If you ever “ Ceased Sinning” , which you won’t, what good would it do you on Judgement Day? You might impress some Angel with you capacity for “ self- delusion” ....you might get an “ atta-Boy” for your self- control,or your will- power and maybe even your Stellar Morality!
Unfortunately ,the only thing that will Matter that Day is obtaining that One thing that everybody will be scurrying around trying to find—— JUSTIFICATION ! It will be too late for you, but you will discover before the Day is over that “ By The Works Of The Law , “ NO” Flesh shall be Justified”..
All along the “ Game” had been about “ Grace and Faith” and Jesus ....you played a “ Game” that had been all about YOU and how Good you were.....Trying to make yourself acceptable to God By what “ YOU” did for God , as opposed to realizing what HE did for YOU .....You spent a lifetime “ barking up the wrong tree”, and to your shock it turned out to be the difference between Heaven and Hell....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From post #1461

How many people walked on water during his earthly ministry?

Answer: Peter.

Matthew 14:29 KJV
[29] ...And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

Imagine what Peter did after the resurrection...

Here’s a hint:

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin

O ye of little faith!

Peter was always messing up, even after the Resurrection....had Paul not straightened him out when Peter refused to eat with Gentile Christians because he feared what the Legalists Of His day might think....Christianity could very well have turned out to be Nothing But a small off- shoot of Judaism
Peter was a great , heroic man of Faith.....but he sure had his problems at times.....Maybe this is why God never told us to “ Follow Peter”. God said “ Follow Paul”....

Status
Not open for further replies.