sixth seventh day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My opinion is only what the bible teaches, that God created a perfect sinless creation. Following this Adam rebelled and he and all creation were ruined by sin.
That God used the event of Adam's fall to give us a warning or hint that something better was coming.

your opinion or what you think, is what you see, not necessarily what the bible says without what you think it means. which is the case with most people. like your statement : "That God used the event of Adam's fall to give us a warning or hint that something better was coming" because like most in your judgment that is what God should have or ought to have done, because your god is good according to our judgement of what is good and evil. hence your god is like you. a god made up in your own mind that is in the image of you opinion. at least that's what your postings come across as, since you want to talk about how important to you your opinion is.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My opinion is only what the bible teaches, that God created a perfect sinless creation. Following this Adam rebelled and he and all creation were ruined by sin.
That God used the event of Adam's fall to give us a warning or hint that something better was coming.
Yes, the one easily discernable good thing that they did not have prior to their disobedience was unending Life. God prevented them from obtaining that by removing them from the garden where the Tree of Life was also located.

Now, we may not only regain that which Adam and Eve had and lost but also that unending Life which they never had. Is this not better?

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God knew the cross was necessary way before Adam sinned and there is no disputing this and since God rested on the 7th day then the fall happening on the 6th day makes sense. Adam's sin passed onto us brings death to all, Romans 5:14. Sin birthed, Psalm 51:5.

We are a predetermined act of God, the chosen generation purchased through the blood of Jesus.

1 Peter 2:9, But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

1 Peter 1:20, He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i doubt it, wadr; at least unless they were also sterile before eating the fruit
I really don't understand your meaning. What does being sterile have to do with never dying? My point was they had not yet partaken of the Tree of Life:

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:" Gen 3:22

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
your opinion or what you think, is what you see, not necessarily what the bible says without what you think it means. which is the case with most people. like your statement : "That God used the event of Adam's fall to give us a warning or hint that something better was coming" because like most in your judgment that is what God should have or ought to have done, because your god is good according to our judgement of what is good and evil. hence your god is like you. a god made up in your own mind that is in the image of you opinion. at least that's what your postings come across as, since you want to talk about how important to you your opinion is.
If what I have said is not according to scripture please point it out.
gen 3:15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel."
Is understood by must Christians to foretell of Jesus's death on the ross.( note adding the cross is using later knowledge.)

As far as I am aware I have not said what I think God should or should not have done, but only what is reported in the bible.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wouldn't that be an argument for their being more likely to be mortal, not less?

anyway, how could a race procreate, if they are immortal?
always struck me as incongruous lol. dunno tho
They never partook of the Tree, so likely they were not immortal, but I really hadn't considered in much in that light. I see them as dying immediately on eating of the wrong tree, but I have at least considered that prior to that eating they probably would have died naturally eventually if they had never partaken of the right tree. But... that is speculation. It would only really be important if God had a message in it for us. Does He?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
They never partook of the Tree, so likely they were not immortal, but I really hadn't considered in much in that light. I see them as dying immediately on eating of the wrong tree, but I have at least considered that prior to that eating they probably would have died naturally eventually if they had never partaken of the right tree. But... that is speculation. It would only really be important if God had a message in it for us. Does He?
i think so, once one is in a position to ask the right questions. For instance, we never ask why A&E just didn't first eat of the "right tree," or didn't eat of it immediately after, etc.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
according to creation scripture Adam and Eve where made during the sixth day:

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. .................. Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

and Adam was placed in the garden and the animals were brought before him to name them then Eve was made. so at least to this point its still the sixth day.

so when does the sixth day end and the seventh begin did man die on the sixth day or the seventh day?

Well, I think it can be reasonably concluded that death didn't enter the world until the eight day, or certainly some time after the seventh day, no one can say for sure how long it took Satan to rear his ugly head. The sixth day shouldn't even be considered a possibility since it is the day God just finished his work. I can say the same for the seventh day as well, because it is specifically this day that God blessed and sanctified.

(Genesis 2:1-3) "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. {2} And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. {3} And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

One cannot reconcile being blessed and sanctified with death, so it certainly couldn't have possibly entered the world on the seventh day. The rest of Genesis two is not really a continuation of the narrative started in Genesis 1, it is in fact retelling the story in Genesis 1 with more added details of what actually occurred. Everything God had made was already finished, blessed and sanctified, and that includes Eve, as she was also clearly made on the sixth day. So the Genesis 3 event most certainly occurs well after the seventh day, for it certainly was not a "blessed" and "sanctified", it was a really, REALLY bad day.

(Genesis 1:26-28) "¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. {27} So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. {28} And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

For those that believe that Eve wasn't created until after the sixth day, who do you think God is telling Adam to "be fruitful and multiply" with? This assumption is lacking basic 0's and 1's. It shows that Eve was already there on the sixth day.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I think it can be reasonably concluded that death didn't enter the world until the eight day, or certainly some time after the seventh day, no one can say for sure how long it took Satan to rear his ugly head. The sixth day shouldn't even be considered a possibility since it is the day God just finished his work. I can say the same for the seventh day as well, because it is specifically this day that God blessed and sanctified.

One cannot reconcile being blessed and sanctified with death, so it certainly couldn't have possibly entered the world on the seventh day. The rest of Genesis two is not really a continuation of the narrative started in Genesis 1, it is in fact retelling the story in Genesis 1 with more added details of what actually occurred. Everything God had made was already finished, blessed and sanctified, and that includes Eve, as she was also clearly made on the sixth day. So the Genesis 3 event most certainly occurs well after the seventh day, for it certainly was not a "blessed" and "sanctified", it was a really, REALLY bad day.

For those that believe that Eve wasn't created until after the sixth day, who do you think God is telling Adam to "be fruitful and multiply" with? This assumption is lacking basic 0's and 1's. It shows that Eve was already there on the sixth day.

thing is how do you know there is an eighth day, and its only an assumption that Adam didn't die on the sixth day, he died on the day they ate, that could have been the sixth day easy. and after God made His judgement on them and covered their nakedness there is no reason that that wasn't good either, in God's own Judgement of what is good, and good for His creation.

the main reason I believe that they died of the life they had before they ate, (also the question of evil has really nothing to do with it) Jesus died on the Cross the sixth day, rested on the seventh and was risen on the eighth. everything Jesus said and did meant or fulfilled or affirm something in the will of God.

if one looks to evil to see one way or the other one will never know, that is for sure.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thing is how do you know there is an eighth day, and its only an assumption that Adam didn't die on the sixth day, he died on the day they ate, that could have been the sixth day easy. and after God made His judgement on them and covered their nakedness there is no reason that that wasn't good either, in God's own Judgement of what is good, and good for His creation.

the main reason I believe that they died of the life they had before they ate, (also the question of evil has really nothing to do with it) Jesus died on the Cross the sixth day, rested on the seventh and was risen on the eighth. everything Jesus said and did meant or fulfilled or affirm something in the will of God.

if one looks to evil to see one way or the other one will never know, that is for sure.

Its an "assumption" that Adam didn't die on the sixth day? What in the world does that even mean? Are you claiming he died soon after he ate from the tree? He lived to the age of 930 years, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

(Genesis 5:3-5) "¶ And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: {4} And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: {5} And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died."

And as for Jesus, there are common misconceptions about the day that Jesus was actually crucified. All indications lead to his death and burial being on a Wednesday, with his rise being on Saturday. He actually died on the fourth day and rose again on the seventh day, the actual sabbath. You are making a ton of assumptions based on little to no evidence.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think so, once one is in a position to ask the right questions. For instance, we never ask why A&E just didn't first eat of the "right tree," or didn't eat of it immediately after, etc.
They most likely did not do so immediately for the same reason it was not given for so many to understand the parables of Jesus.

What does it take for a person to become hungry and thirsty for the righteousness of God so that they may be filled?

What does it take for a goat to become a sheep?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its an "assumption" that Adam didn't die on the sixth day? What in the world does that even mean? Are you claiming he died soon after he ate from the tree? He lived to the age of 930 years, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

And as for Jesus, there are common misconceptions about the day that Jesus was actually crucified. All indications lead to his death and burial being on a Wednesday, with his rise being on Saturday. He actually died on the fourth day and rose again on the seventh day, the actual sabbath. You are making a ton of assumptions based on little to no evidence.

see there is your misunderstanding of what Life Adam died from.
Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

and was left with dust to dust ashes to ashes. (basically flesh, like animals have.) so life that animals have in the flesh proves nothing in this case.
so it is very likely that Adam died during the sixth day.

Jesus came to restore the called chosen and faithful to the life Adam died from. a son ship with God the Father by being born of the Holy Spirit.
when you are born into the world you receive the life Adam had after he ate. when born of the Holy Spirit one is born into the Life Adam had before he ate, the Life of Christ is being the Son of God.

you are way off base there way off. scripture affirms that the next day after Jesus was crucified was the Sabbath via the concern for the Sabbath and the laws in reference to burial, read the scriptures

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
wouldn't that be an argument for their being more likely to be mortal, not less?

anyway, how could a race procreate, if they are immortal?
always struck me as incongruous lol. dunno tho

I have always wondered if God ever intended them to eat from the Tree Of Life! ( Not that I think it was a literal "tree". ) Maybe Adam walking with God in the cool of the evening chatting...was him eating of "the Tree".
It is all very shadowy and vague.

Reactions: bbyrd009