sixth seventh day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the sixth day, then God saw that it was good very good and rested on the seventh day. He also told them :

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

so was that supposed to happen in the garden, or when they went out into the rest of the earth?

and we don't really know when the seventh ended if at all, though it could have when Jesus came into the world. or when He comes again. His death on the sixth, rested on the seventh, and was risen on the morning of eighth tells us something. which could very well be when we are risen its the eighth day and more likely the morning of the eighth and now is the evening of the eighth day. Jesus being the Light shins into the darkness which is night, evening till morning.
East[ward] is synonymous with evil. The garden, and Eden (meaning "Pleasure or pleasant"), was aside from God: Pleasure aside from God.

The seventh day (being God's rest), does not end, but is forever.

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
East[ward] is synonymous with evil. The garden, and Eden (meaning "Pleasure or pleasant"), was aside from God: Pleasure aside from God.

The seventh day (being God's rest), does not end, but is forever.

the tabernacle and the temple face eastward, Jesus said He would come from the east, and you say that's evil correct? wow!

also where does the scripture say the seventh day is forever?

Reactions: bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can not have a conversation with you,

that would be nice

I am not a mind reader.

you really think i think you are?

Not quite correct. Come to pass, doesn't mean "ended", it means revealed, happens.
The seventh day was clearly revealed.

There is there a statement that says the seventh day continued without ending. (?)
<Correction> Should of had a question mark.
?

However there is forwarding Scriptures revealing:
Evening occurring some 60+ times.
Morning occurring some 200+ times.
Day occurring some 3,000 + times.
And from your own personal experience, you should have noticed evening and morning occurring, which God Himself call a Day.

well if a day in creation if from sunset to sunrise there genius then how long was the first second and third day since the sun and the moon weren't created until the fourth day, how did God measure the day to your judgement of what a day is to God be?

You seem to present a premise that Gods Works are dependent upon what humans can see.

don't accuse me of what you do which shows in the posting of yours

No. Scripture disagrees with you...I disagree with you.

Gen 2:1...the heavens and the earth were FINISHED, and ALL the host of them.

Ecc. 2:9
...there is NO NEW THING under the sun.

heavens and earth were finished but that doesn't include the sons of man does it? and there was nothing new under the sun in what Solomon observed what does that have to do with the coming of Christ hence something new under the sun the Presence of the Son of God "Word of God made flesh"

again you don't seem to know much about anything. odds are you are not Christian at all.

God uncovering, revealing, showing, does not mean "creating". It simply means allowing a man to SEE what was "created", but KEPT hidden from man "TO SEE".

in your effort to deceive and mislead using see as revelation rather than manifestation such as I spoke of the manifestation of the sons of God in the earth is reference to fulfillment of which you know.

what is written is what happened on the sixth day:

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

and we know this is the sixth day because God tells us the fifth day is over "ended" one who is ignorant of scripture and God tells us that the sixth day has also "ended" one who is ignorant of scripture and He doesn't tell use that the seventh day has "ended" one who is ignorant of scripture because the days are according to who made them moron that doesn't read the bible only scans it for text and is ignorant of scripture.

so in second chapter

Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. 4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

is the conclusion of the generations of creation not days as in day seven and also the next verses move on to mans relationship with God and its beginnings.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. 8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed...............

Gen 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. 19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. 20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. 21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

and this happened on the sixth day

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

and we know it wasn't yet the seventh day because if we actually read:

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

and again if you are of the ignorance that a day in this case requires a sunset and a sunrise maybe you could explain how that came to pass with out a sun in the case of day 1,2,3.

so seeing I'm speaking to one who is horrendously ignorant of scripture, you should also be informed that if you actually read revelations there will be plenty new under the sun. of which Solomon didn't observe.

you know if you just want to debate for the sake of debating you should go to depate.org but if you want to talk about scripture you should read it first.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well if a day in creation if from sunset to sunrise there genius then how long was the first second and third day since the sun and the moon weren't created until the fourth day, how did God measure the day to your judgement of what a day is to God be?

....you know if you just want to debate for the sake of debating you should go to depate.org but if you want to talk about scripture you should read it first.

There is no need for you to quote me Scripture. I own and read Bibles.

There is no need for your sarcasm, as you present yourself unglorifying to God.

There is no need for your searching out Scriptures and exalting yourself as being able to quote Scripture and pretend that equals you having understanding, when you do not, then presuming you are qualified to debate with those with understanding.

Gen 1:5
Is revealed Light shone, and was called Day,
And the Darkness, was called Night, and was the FIRST day.

You should have noticed that applied to Heaven and Earth, until the Firmament, which divided Heaven from Earth, Only Light remaining in Heaven, and Light and Darkness on Earth, with its Days already being established.

You want to debate what you read. I have surpassed that eons ago, to wanting understanding of what I read, and knowing how to get it.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the tabernacle and the temple face eastward, Jesus said He would come from the east, and you say that's evil correct? wow!

The coming of the Lord is not evil, nor is He. But He comes eastward of Eden to save and does so from east to west.

1. Jesus has come into our world of darkness, and it is Him taking us out of darkness that is as the scripture reads, "east to west."
  2. When we enter into the rest of God...it is eternal life, forever.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I'm getting confused on this thread lol
I can't make head or tail of it... :D

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the sixth day, then God saw that it was good very good and rested on the seventh day. He also told them :

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

so was that supposed to happen in the garden, or when they went out into the rest of the earth?

and we don't really know when the seventh ended if at all, though it could have when Jesus came into the world. or when He comes again. His death on the sixth, rested on the seventh, and was risen on the morning of eighth tells us something. which could very well be when we are risen its the eighth day and more likely the morning of the eighth and now is the evening of the eighth day. Jesus being the Light shins into the darkness which is night, evening till morning.

Interesting. Although I don't quite follow. I'm not really sure what you are asking so, this may help or not.

"Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Subdue:
1 Chronicles 17:10-13
[10] And since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel. Moreover I will subdue all thine enemies. Furthermore I tell thee that the Lord will build thee an house. [11] And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. [12] He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. [13] I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:

Man failed. It is the Lord that "subdue"s .

Psalm 18:47
[47] It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me.

Psalm 144:2
[2] My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

1 Corinthians 15:28
[28] And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Philippians 3:20-21
[20] For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: [21] Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Hebrews 11:33
[33] Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

Malachi 4:2-5
[2] But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. [3] And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this , saith the Lord of hosts. [4] Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. [5] Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord :

Romans 16:20
[20] And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

"And subdue it" ...has all been subdued?

Hosea 2:18-23 KJV
[18] And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely. [19] And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. [20] I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord . [21] And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the Lord , I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth; [22] And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel. [23] And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you have contention, state yourself plainly.

God Bless,
Taken

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
read the bible, your statements are speculative and inaccurate.

hence you know not what you are talking about, you have not real questions and no answers just remarks of no consequence or value.

you will fit right in with the majority here.

So according to you when Adamed sinned it was on a day that God had declared as being 'very good'

Does your God, clearly not the God of the bible, say that rebellion against him is 'very good'

See what the bible says:-
Gen 1:31 .God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
Gen 2:1-3. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So according to you when Adamed sinned it was on a day that God had declared as being 'very good'

Does your God, clearly not the God of the bible, say that rebellion against him is 'very good'

See what the bible says:-
Gen 1:31 .God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
Gen 2:1-3. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

what you are telling me is, what isn't very good in your judgement, but God's Judgement is always good:

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. 16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. 22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

in case you didn't know this is all good because it is God's Judgement of what is good for His creation and the creatures therein.

so what wasn't good in God's sight and in God's Judgement? in this case. of which God declared as very good.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
what you are telling me is, what isn't very good in your judgement, but God's Judgement is always good:

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. 16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. 22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

in case you didn't know this is all good because it is God's Judgement of what is good for His creation and the creatures therein.

so what wasn't good in God's sight and in God's Judgement? in this case. of which God declared as very good.
I don't dispute that God's judgement is perfect.
I'm disputing that you believe Adam sinned on a day God had declared to be very good, or to put it another way, a day where there was nothing imperfect or sinful in it.

Reactions: Dcopymope and Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't dispute that God's judgement is perfect.
I'm disputing that you believe Adam sinned on a day God had declared to be very good, or to put it another way, a day where there was nothing imperfect or sinful in it.

how do you know that this isn't very good:

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

and after Adam was set to till the ground that in God's eyes it wasn't very good?

what, because you are born into sin? and in God's eyes how is that a problem for Him? as long as you are not in a place where you don't belong, so what.

if a criminal is in his proper place, prison, then how is that not good?

Reactions: Armadillo

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
how do you know that this isn't very good:

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

and after Adam was set to till the ground that in God's eyes it wasn't very good?

what, because you are born into sin? and in God's eyes how is that a problem for Him? as long as you are not in a place where you don't belong, so what.

if a criminal is in his proper place, prison, then how is that not good?

read the sixth day Adam and Eve where made on the sixth day therefore Adam was placed in the garden on the sixth day he named the animals on the sixth day and the Eve was made on the sixth day. therefore what makes you believe that A&E didn't eat of the tree on the sixth day and was judged on the sixth day in accordance to dust to dust and sweat of the brow on the sixth day

No where else in the bible does God declare that the world is good. It is only found in the creation week, it is after this week that Adam rebelled and was judged by God and the arth was cursed.
As the consquence of Adams sin was spiritual death, or separation from God and in time physical death. This is no where i the bible described as good.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where else in the bible does God declare that the world is good. It is only found in the creation week, it is after this week that Adam rebelled and was judged by God and the arth was cursed.
As the consquence of Adams sin was spiritual death, or separation from God and in time physical death. This is no where i the bible described as good.

what is good is God will get from His creation what He made it for, the incident with A&E didn't stop that from happening. therefore from the view of Heaven and the Throne in Heaven how is that not good? again its in your own view or judgement that you argue this case, which maybe important to you, but how is your condemnation or ours, if you like, important to the Throne in Heaven? if a crop is not going to yield the desired fruit that doesn't mean one can't use it to get what is desired if you have the know how, like in man's case genetics or even cross breading. and if man can do that why is it so hard for you to see that God could or would do the same?

what is valued by the Throne in Heaven is the result of Jesus coming into the world and the resurrection to come. all the rest was invested to get that result. hence that isn't evil.

and that my friend is what the bible is all about, the men God had a relationship with to bring things to a fulfillment and their reward for serving the Lord in these capacities that if God chose some one else they wouldn't have. that is not to say they didn't love the Lord but again one would use the best of a crop to get the fruits expected in future generations.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I give Adam and more a bit more credit....I believe they could well have walked years before being enticed by The Enemy.
It is all just guess work to say that it all happened so quickly! :rolleyes:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
what is good is God will get from His creation what He made it for, the incident with A&E didn't stop that from happening. therefore from the view of Heaven and the Throne in Heaven how is that not good? again its in your own view or judgement that you argue this case, which maybe important to you, but how is your condemnation or ours, if you like, important to the Throne in Heaven? if a crop is not going to yield the desired fruit that doesn't mean one can't use it to get what is desired if you have the know how, like in man's case genetics or even cross breading. and if man can do that why is it so hard for you to see that God could or would do the same?

what is valued by the Throne in Heaven is the result of Jesus coming into the world and the resurrection to come. all the rest was invested to get that result. hence that isn't evil.

and that my friend is what the bible is all about, the men God had a relationship with to bring things to a fulfillment and their reward for serving the Lord in these capacities that if God chose some one else they wouldn't have. that is not to say they didn't love the Lord but again one would use the best of a crop to get the fruits expected in future generations.

My opinion is only what the bible teaches, that God created a perfect sinless creation. Following this Adam rebelled and he and all creation were ruined by sin.
That God used the event of Adam's fall to give us a warning or hint that something better was coming.